Kokdu: Season of Deity 꼭두의 계절 [2023]

wink_

'Kokdu : Season Of Deity' continues the teaser parade of its upcoming fantasy-romance series | date highlights

source:

Spoiler

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

a little closer to 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety' will have its premiere on January, 27.

source:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 3
  • Party! 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Written By Reporter Kim Myung Mi

202301241448310310-1-20230124153902555.j

(Photo = MBC Kokdu: Season Of Deity' capture)

Actor Kim Jung Hyun made up his mind at the script reading of 'Kokdu: Season Of Deity'.

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Kokdu: Season Of Deity' (scriptwritten Kang Lee Heon and Heo Jun Woo/directed by Baek Soo Chan and Kim Ji Hoon) the scene of the first script reading was revealed through the 'Kokdu: Season of Deity' caught the eye.

First, Kim Jung Hyun returns to the small screen after two years with 'Kokdu: Season Of Deity', Kim Jung Hyun, is a down-to-earth actor who plays the male lead 'Kokdu' said, "I'm not good enough to create a warm scene, but I'll do my best. I'll work hard."

Actress Lim Soo Hyang, who plays the female lead Han Gye Jeol, said, "I'm so nervous. I'm already looking forward to it because I think I'll be able to have a lot of fun. I hope everyone can spend a warm end of the year after it's over."

Actress Kim Da Som, who plays Tae Jung Won, said, "I will play a role like vitamins on set. I hope you can laugh a lot when you see me."

Afterwards, Kim Jung Hyun announced the resumption of his activities by signing an exclusive contract with Story J Company.

https://m.newsen.com/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

lifestyle magazine Singles released a couple pictorial of Kim Jung Hyun and Lim Soo Hyang, who returned to the roleplay in the MBC romance fantasy drama  'Kokdu:Season Of Diety.'

0000178537-001-20230125143701420.jpg

0000178537-002-20230125143701454.jpg

0000178537-003-20230125143701467.jpg

[Photo=Courtesy Of Singles]

• Like 7

29-KMYNRX2-A-10.jpg

Press Conference 'Kokdu : Season Of Diety' simultaneously broadcast live online was held at Sangam MBC in Mapo-gu Seoul whereby was attended by director Baek Soo Chan, actors Kim Jung Hyun, Im Soo Hyang, Kim Da Som, Ahn Woo Yeon, Kim In Kwon and Cha Chung Hwa. 

yna1065624913948571-462.jpg

29-KMZMU6-G5-2.jpg

Spoiler

optimize-1.jpg

optimize-4.jpg

Spoiler

optimize-6.jpg

optimize-7.jpg

• Like 3
  • Party! 2

Written By Reporter Yoo Jung Min

0000178706-001-20230127111701428.jpg

[Courtesy of Noah Entertainment]

MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety' which aired on January 27, is about 'Kokdu' (Kim Jung Hyun), who comes down to this world every 99 years to punish humans, as a royal doctor with mysterious abilities. It is a fantasy romance about meeting 'Han Gye Jeol' (played by Im Soo Hyang).

Actress Jung Ah Mi takes on the role of Jang Mi Soon, Do Jin Woo's (Kim Jung Hyun) mother. Jang Mi Soon is a professor of hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery at Pilseong Hospital, and her son, Do Jin Woo, dies while undergoing surgery for cholecystitis, which arouses her curiosity. 

Jung Ah Mi covered the small screens such as in drama SBS series 'Penthouse', 'Penthouse 2' & Penthouse 3', 'Why Her', tvN 'Hospital Playlist', Coupang Play 'Unicorn', TV Chosun 'The Witch is Alive', movies 'Cassiopeia', 'Along With The Gods' and many more. She left a strong impression in each of her task, appearing in numerous works.

Recently, she appeared in Netflix's 'The Glory', and on March, the movie 'You, Ei Gary' starring her as the lead is about to be released in Korea.

Meanwhile, MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety' starring Jung Ah Mi premiered for the first time at 9:50 pm on Friday, January, 27.

http://enews.imbc.com/

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 5

Im Soo Hyang is quite cute & funny in this drama. I have a good laugh with banter of her & her brother. 

Kim Jung Hyun is dashing as usual, but I felt his eyes doesn't have the same spark as before. Heard he was depressed, I hope he get the support he need, as I felt he still have that sadness on him. Not sure if its meant to be the character. 

It have interesting story, but the transition from Kokdu to DJW become confusing.

• Insightful 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 1/5/2023 at 1:12 PM, Tofu said:

This sounds interesting but I'm always a little cautious about anything that's on MBC....

It's a little chaotic, but the story moving fast and not too difficult to understand. Eventhough I have concern about 2 souls in one body, apparently the Grim Reaper and the Professor. And I prefer the later character. Because the grim reaper seems very silly which I found it a bit weird, as he supposed to have a sad background story. 

The lead have pretty good chemistry. So I will keep this for now on my list. 

• Thanks 1

d0522-16726786359816-1920.jpg

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Eng sub Singles :

They really have a sweet chemistry and almost same answer to all questions

@SilverMoonTea , thank you so much for sharing this wonderful video, Silver. :wow: wow.. it is truly inspirational. shows us how we can accomplish anything if we really desire and work hard for it; also, our common humanity. thanks again for sharing this beautiful piece and also, for monitoring and following the loving couple. I am grateful for your support. :pandaangel:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

6 hours ago, twink_twink_ said:

@SilverMoonTea , thank you so much for sharing this wonderful video, Silver. :wow: wow.. it is truly inspirational. shows us how we can accomplish anything if we really desire and work hard for it; also, our common humanity. thanks again for sharing this beautiful piece and also, for monitoring and following the loving couple. I am grateful for your support. :pandaangel:

I enjoyed this drama a lot. It's super funny and brighten my days a lot. I had not laughing as many as watching this drama, this year. I like Crash Course Romance, but this one cracked me up even more. Thanks for opening the thread, I don't meant to watch this as it's a hybrid joseon-modern drama, but surprisingly it's so fun. 

I wonder if DJW will make a come back or from now on it's totally will only be Kokdu. He's funny, but I also miss the serious & reserved DJW. 

Eventhough everyone was saying this drama is like mixing plot from other dramas, it's still able to giving me a surprise with some hint of mysteries that kept me watching. In preview ep 3, the romance seems moving fast, but I wonder if it's like we imagining or there will be more twist on it. As of now , I think it's safe to say the main charm of this drama is the couple chemistry. They really meant it when they say they prefer to win a best couple than a best actor/actress award.

• Insightful 1

kokdu-season-of-deity-teasersm1.webp

9 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I enjoyed this drama a lot. It's super funny and brighten my days a lot. I had not laughing as many as watching this drama, this year. I like Crash Course Romance, but this one cracked me up even more. Thanks for opening the thread, I don't meant to watch this as it's a hybrid joseon-modern drama, but surprisingly it's so fun. 

I wonder if DJW will make a come back or from now on it's totally will only be Kokdu. He's funny, but I also miss the serious & reserved DJW. 

Eventhough everyone was saying this drama is like mixing plot from other dramas, it's still able to giving me a surprise with some hint of mysteries that kept me watching. In preview ep 3, the romance seems moving fast, but I wonder if it's like we imagining or there will be more twist on it. As of now , I think it's safe to say the main charm of this drama is the couple chemistry. They really meant it when they say they prefer to win a best couple than a best actor/actress award.

wow.. woww @SilverMoonTea .. , I am very pleased to hear your thoughts on this. me too. take swoon-worthy with a fantastical spin. I'll definitely not to bring out the tissues for this one. :SquirtleWonderfull:  yes, there's often a setback waiting behind every good moment. Kim Jung Hyun's comeback drama after the success of 'Mr. Queen'. this time, he was playing dual roles. it was nice to get re-acquainted with Kokdu who every 99 years must spend 49 days among the living in a human body until he morphs into the body of a successful surgeon, Do Jin Woo. he attempts to change the past, hoping to improve the fate of Do Jin Woo. he tells ER doctor Han Gye Jeol who is somehow able to order him around to end his cursed immortal life and she begins developing feelings for him that he's "seeking for the conspiracy theories about death, that's no good." this could be trouble. it may not be the usual night shift after all. in a divine twist of fate, he falls in love with her instead. Kokdu and Gye Jeol are a perfect couple. it's obvious that the two main leads have to engage in a lot of chemistry. I believe it doesn't stop the two from embarking on a serious passion-filled romance. :wow: you're right, Silver. I can see that in the first episode features time loops and for the second episode embraces a multiverse storyline. it centers on the character using his newfound powers, to slip in and out of a parallel universe. both use the same fantastical elements, but the plot is different. the script was very special. I felt there was some sort of emotional power to the story but how will they survive this cross-border relationship? Oksin and Gaksin respectively, a pair of demigods, they possess a near perfect appearance and enhanced physical abilities involving their vision, hearing and speed to capitalise on Grim reapers for stories. they're hilarious and cute to see. they have great scenes together. lot's of great characters and connections. 😍 with plenty of twists and turns and kiss thrown into this period mix, I'll never be left bored. for the moment, this drama balances between sweet and love scenes, coupled with flashbacks that will keep me invested.  :pandapopcorn:

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 4
  • Insightful 1

일간스포츠

Written By Reporter Kim Eun Goo

0003254180-001-20230129182901325.jpg

(Photo = Starit Entertainment)

Actor Park Shin Woo gave a strong impact in 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety'.

In episode 2 of MBC's new Friday-Saturday drama 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety' , which aired on the 29th, Park Shin Woo played the role of 'Mulpong Pharmacist' Jo Bong Pil, who does not hesitate to commit illegal acts and evil acts, and showed off his goosebumps acting as a villain.

From his previous work, drama 'Why Oh Soo Jae?', actor Park Shin Woo received favorable reviews for portraying the role of Han Dong Oh, a villain who causes chaos every time and enjoys a dissolute life, in his own style. In this 'Kokdu: Season Of Diety', he succeeded in transforming his acting into a new character, is drawing attention to what he will do in the future.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1