Divorce Attorney Shin 신성한 이혼 [2023]

wink_

17 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

glad you guys are watching this.

It's Jo Seung Woo. Of course I'm watching... I even endured Sisyphus for him :smug::laugh:

Random: but I thought the wedding dress of Shin Jo Hwa is sooooo beautiful  :wow:

I think the MIL will be a friend instead of a foe. She's been misunderstood by Shin Sung Han. I want to know what's so big deal about the husband, and the second wife, that she even drives the sister to death, that the sister fell in love with that guy. Hope this main story doesn't disappoint. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

t's Jo Seung Woo. Of course I'm watching... I even endured Sisyphus for him 

I have blocked that show from my memory. :laugh:I am so glad he's come back with this show - Shin is an interesting character. Thanks to his training in music , I think it helps him  approach the cases differently.  This show and Call It Love are my favorites at the moment. There's something about the writing here. It has that human touch to it - and it so funny  with all these weirdo characters but there are so many moments that speak to me. 

I think the MIL will be a friend instead of a foe. She's been misunderstood by Shin Sung Han. I want to know what's so big deal about the husband, and the second wife, that she even drives the sister to death, that the sister fell in love with that guy. Hope this main story doesn't disappoint. 

I think so too. After finishing eps 6, I have a feeling she will be his ally in his fight against the second wife. As to this 2nd wife , I suspect she must have found a way have the husband get custody of Shin's nephew. Perhaps that shocking turn of events lead the sister to mindlessly walk onto the road and got hit by the car. Anyhow this 2nd wife has great inferiority complex considering that she is now personally going after Shin. I am not sure what she is so worried about - after all his sister is already dead but yet she's so insecure about it.

Did you all laugh at the camping scene? That was clearly a generational gap problem. Our poor new attorney from Gen Z who has to get used to how "Old ahjussis" go camping.  :laugh: Hope that next time Seo Jin and her son will join them.

Anyhow , I am glad that Jang finally let his wife go. I shed some tears for him and felt so bad. I am just glad that he's got the other two to provide him comfort and support. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

4 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

This show and Call It Love are my favorites at the moment.

Mine too!

Perhaps that shocking turn of events lead the sister to mindlessly walk onto the road and got hit by the car.

My guess is that she was threatening her with the son's safety and wellbeing.

Did you all laugh at the camping scene?

Yes, haha... Did you notice that Sung Han cheated at the scissors-rock-paper thing? and only Jang saw it while the other friend didn't realise it :laugh: That was so subtly shot that most will probably not notice. Totally unimportant detail, but for me it added a lot to our understanding of their characters and friendship. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

It's so comforting that he kept giving LSJ's small compliment, like how she was a DJ so she must be a good listener and perfect for this job. And she also seems intuitively knew his mood, that he was not so happy after doing the divorce case even when he's doing a good job on it. Felt like she's the one can handle him and understand him somehow. 

I think Mr. Jang is really a keeper. I hope the ahjumma noodle will be paired up with him? She's also very kind, she drove him to hospital and don't even want to receive taxi money. 

Thinking about it, I also able to finish Sisyphus 😅. I even watching Forest of Secret S1 twice (no skipping). CSW has his own undeniable ahjussi charm. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, haha... Did you notice that Sung Han cheated at the scissors-rock-paper thing? and only Jang saw it while the other friend didn't realise it :laugh: That was so subtly shot that most will probably not notice. Totally unimportant detail, but for me it added a lot to our understanding of their characters and friendship. 

Oh yes...slate of hand :GrowDerp:. I do love their friendship. Jang and Shin do gang up a bit on Mr Real Estate but the latter is the more vain of the 3 and so he sometimes deserve it . LOL...I love the part where they went to the restaurant where he was meeting the soon to be ex-wife. This is a truly precious friendship.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Thinking about it, I also able to finish Sisyphus 😅. I even watching Forest of Secret S1 twice (no skipping). CSW has his own undeniable ahjussi charm.

I believe you ship him with both FLs ...so that's why I am curious with how you find the chemistry here

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

35 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I believe you ship him with both FLs ...so that's why I am curious with how you find the chemistry here

I'm not really shipping this pair yet. But I felt if the writer intend to make this into romance, it might become quite intense & deep. Both have their own trauma and seems quite sensitive to other people and their surrounding. Also so far, I think he's quite caring to her, and have slight different treatment compare to other female around him. 

If there is no romance, I think her presence can still complete him, to balancing with all his male friendship 😅 And it seems she & her son also need him to make their life more colourful. 

I agree this and Call It Love are both my favourite now. I think both have content and layered, lately not many drama offered this attributes. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

divorce-attorney-shin-ost-part-3-147926.

music video features pianist-turned-lawyer Shin Sung Han as he deals with divorce cases along with his past. the song "Slow It Down" for the “Divorce Attorney Shin”  OST No 3 - Lovelyz' Yein

Spoiler

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Frlcd-YKa-AAAs3-L4.jpg

202303200944257544.jpg[SLL]

“Divorce Attorney Shin” main duties are to uphold the law while protecting a client's rights | pre release episode 7 • teaser trailer • published images

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
grammatical error
  • Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Divorce-Attorney-Shin-ep02trailer.jpg

Frs7-FEVa-UAMu25-H.jpg

thrust '“Divorce Attorney Shin” his specialness and hugeness straight in.. ~ video footage

Spoiler

• Like 5

Frqwl-EYac-AAjf-PO.jpg

Sneak a peek at the cast of “Divorce Attorney Shin” behind-the-scenes.

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
  • Like 6

Fs-E-Dg-Ra-AAYX4-Q8.jpg

“Divorce Attorney Shin” had to concentrate his client's story thereby a privacy leaks detection. ~ teaser trailer

Fs-Ev-Aa-Aa-QAIYQa-E.jpg

Netflix

• Like 5

I was surprised to see the grandfather from The Love In Your Eyes here as the patriarch of the DaeNam group. I am so curious now as to what  problems he could have caused the wife that she would stay in away in Hawaii. She wanted to get a divorce and had contemplated to ask Shin to do it for her. But at the end she pulled out as she was afraid since she feels the DaeNam group would be too powerful. I believe towards the 2nd half of the show , Shin will end up with the case - it is going to be one of those David and Goliath type stories and will be link to his sister's death somehow.

Talking about his sister, the new wife is so all out to get him. It is awful that she's taking advantage of some poor soul from a small town and his foreign wife - manipulating the entire situation so that she bring Shin down. She is a nutcase. All the more, Shin not only needs to help this village guy clear his name , he needs to find a way to have his nephew removed from her clutches. Now, I am entertaining the idea of the grandmother taking him back with her to Hawaii.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I wonder what’s the deal with Jin Young Joo trying to keep a family tight. She is not even a politician who needs to keep up appearance with a perfect family for the public. Why is she so sensitive about Gi Young being close to his own uncle Shin? I wonder if Gi Young actually knows some secret of hers which is why she needs to keep the boy close to her and far far away from Shin... 

She is so insecure about her family that I wonder how the writer is going to do with her being the last person on the phone with Shin Jo Hwa, possible her indirect killer? If the husband found out, he might divorce her. Or let’s say she is not responsible for the death of Jo Hwa,beither way, the children will still suffer. Her own daughter will not be able to be with a mother if she is convicted. If she were to send Gi Young away, that little boy will be separated from his father. There is no easy way out. Unless maybe if Jin Young Joo change her attitude and accept the fact that hers is a blended family, that she needs to be more accommodating of extended relatives. 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I'm baaaaccckkkk! And, I'm even caught up. I guess I'm hooked on this drama after all. I still love the interplay and bromance between the three guys, and their back stories are interesting as well, even if a lot of it is sad.

I wonder what’s the deal with Jin Young Joo trying to keep a family tight. She is not even a politician who needs to keep up appearance with a perfect family for the public. Why is she so sensitive about Gi Young being close to his own uncle Shin? I wonder if Gi Young actually knows some secret of hers which is why she needs to keep the boy close to her and far far away from Shin... 

My understanding is that she was the husband's first love, but his mother was opposed to her, so he ended up marrying SSH's sister instead. It was a match that their families made. SHS mentions how he regrets not having supported his sister when she was asking for his help as she was resisting getting married. Anyway, the husband ended up divorcing the SSH's sister and marrying JYJ anyway. JYJ is still upset about that, and she wanted her husband to take custody of his son because if KY lived with his mother then her husband might have to continue to be involved with that other woman.

JYJ doesn't seem to be a very nice person as well as being a control freak, so not sure why the husband ended up with her, however, there is no accounting for love, I guess.

Anyway, JYJ doesn't seem to want KY to see his uncle because it's a tie to his mother aka the other woman. I assign it to being a control freak.

Frankly, I think it might be healthier all the way around if KY lives with his uncle SSH instead or with his grandmother, if she's sincere about taking him. Then JYJ, her husband, and their daughter can be their own family. Though, I think their daughter may have issues about losing her older brother.

I think there are also inheritance issues at play as well, btw.

Btw, I think the grandmother wants a divorce from the grandfather, but there is more than just their relationship at play. I think their is also control over their combined business empire.

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

She is a nutcase.

Totally agree!

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

It is awful that she's taking advantage of some poor soul from a small town and his foreign wife - manipulating the entire situation so that she bring Shin down.

Well, it seems that the foreign wife only married him so that she could leave her own country and also get some money to send back to her family. Plus, she was probably having an affair with a man from her own country. It's just completely sad all the way around.

Agree that JYJ is pretty awful in how she set it all up though.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@stroppyse thanks. I understood the backstory, just that I really couldn’t follow JYJ’s way of thinking. I guess your description that she is a control freak is the best explanation I can go with for now. Like you said, it’s better to just have husband, daughter and herself as family. But now, her daughter will never be able to live without the stepbrother she’s come to love. Or she should’ve just let the once a month date of GY with uncle continues on. I don’t know, if I were her, having such jealous streak, I wouldn’t want to see the kid of another woman that I dislike in my house. I’d rather have the husband go visit him once in a while. But again, it could be the issue of status of a son. Maybe she couldn’t give birth anymore, so she needs a son in the family for inheritance matters. 

Anyhow, she is indeed an awful person. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I don’t know, if I were her, having such jealous streak, I wouldn’t want to see the kid of another woman that I dislike in my house. I’d rather have the husband go visit him once in a while.

Yes, but you're a more rational person! :smile:

What JYJ didn't want was for her husband to see KY's mother ever which he would probably do if his son was living with his mother. It really speaks to JYJ's insecurity, I guess.

As it was, she wasn't abusing KY, but she was unhappy whenever it seemed that KY might be having fun and seemed determined to keep him doing nothing but studying. It's an interesting torture to force him to do nothing but study. Wonder if that's a commentary on the loads of parents who enforce that on their own kids in the name of "helping them succeed".

It makes me wonder what kind of adults the kids will become if they are so stressed and unhappy during their childhoods in the first place.

• Like 2

img-7.gif

“Divorce Attorney Shin” gradually getting closer to finishing up with well-balanced victory | recap •  video footage

• Like 5

img-8.gif

c1f9dd0b-2fab-4b87-897d-ec97fe049f1d.jpg

SLL

“Divorce Attorney Shin” uncovers secrets of those essential that may turn the tide of client's case | published images • highlights video

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
grammatical error
  • Like 5

On 3/26/2023 at 4:25 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Talking about his sister, the new wife is so all out to get him. It is awful that she's taking advantage of some poor soul from a small town and his foreign wife - manipulating the entire situation so that she bring Shin down. She is a nutcase. All the more, Shin not only needs to help this village guy clear his name , he needs to find a way to have his nephew removed from her clutches. Now, I am entertaining the idea of the grandmother taking him back with her to Hawaii.

The new wife is a WITCH & CRAZY. I can’t understand characters like that, she is still jealous of the first wife, tormenting the son and her husband ( he disgusts me). Hubby seem to be a coward but his mom is so strong. He marries his second wife and turns a blind eye to her mistreating his son. He pretends to care but is just a coward. This man leaves first wife to be be ordered around by second wife. He doesn’t seem to be happy at all. I wished to know why he left the first wife. I really hate when characters looks racked with guilt but does nothing. 

I can’t help but think second wife murdered the first wife. MIL didn’t like her for her son because he was weak and easily manipulated. His daughter is well loved but his so. Is forced to study under the disguise of motherly love. 
Second wife doesn’t realize the more she mistreats her stepson the more MIL will care for her grandson more. Second son treats her with respect but she is still mad. If she treated him better, her MIL would be nicer to her. 

I really hate Lawywr Shin’s hairstyles. It makes him look unkept. 

Lawyer Spy really annoys me and wonder why the heck was his character created for???

• Like 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

img-3.gif

@UnniSara .. 🌹oh you're fast. I thought you weren't interested in this series. hooray.. you're in episode 7 to 8, it grows on you, am I right? hopefully, you're enjoying the show, it's a good drama. I'll put in positive vibes here on this thread.

I'm trying to figure out a way to make this work.. oh .. about the dark side, he is a divorce attorney so I guess I'll come across domestic abuse in most cases. regarding his sad past it's not a big spoiler but showed from the start that his beloved sister died after marriage but not much is known till now. it has good humour and bromance. it goes for different cases to cases. I recommend it and yeay.. it's a family series. I'm so on edge for the confrontation between Sung Han and the woman who basically killed his sister. 😉 I'll not touch about that case. and the sweet smile on Seo Jin's face when Sung Han walked in all suited up? it could either be that she's just happy for him or maybe she liked what she saw. 

from my point of view, I'm still happy that Ma Geum Hee (mother-in-law) looks to be a positive character despite her cold exterior, and is helping Sung Han and his nephew Gi Yeong spend time together. when Young Joo called her to inform that she's picking up Gi Yeong, I can only guess she's in the spa and didn't pick up the call and Young Joo only left a voicemail. I can't imagine Ma Geum Hee allowing Young Joo to pick up Gi Yeong. I found interesting to see Jung Sik reaction to Park Yoo Seok. he immediately lent his car and even volunteered and drove to Haenam just to help to crush Park Yoo Seok.

I would think the first step is to confirm the baby isn't the guy's flesh and blood, then build the case why she so adamantly wants to divorce and bring the baby back to Vietnam so much, so that she could be giving false testimony. I remember Saturday's episode, Sung Han and his friends sensed something was amiss regarding her supposedly shielding the blows and hurting her arm? it's clear that Thi Hoa wasn't hit by her husband, so I wonder if she is either faking it or someone else hits her. I was just wondering if "regaining his honour" was tied to proving the baby wasn't his. the preview only gave us those two clues and nothing about proving he wasn't an abuser. but then, they are only previews, so nothing conclusive can be said about them. maybe determining the paternity is just a step in this process of proving Chu Seok is not the abuser. looks like the case won't wrap up this episode. what will the fact that the baby is not his son change? and how will it help him regain his honour? will public opinion turn in his favour? the fact that he is accused of beating her seems the worse offence. although I know that he didn't actually hit her. so either she is faking the injury or someone else hit her. but we aren't getting any hints about how this will be resolved in the preview. as for the case that is being fought, it doesn't seem too long until it comes to an end, I can't wait for the next weekend, how to save Sung Han clients.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4

2 hours ago, wink_ said:

I know that he didn't actually hit her. so either she is faking the injury or someone else hit her. but we aren't getting any hints about how this will be resolved in the preview. as for the case that is being fought, it doesn't seem too long until it comes to an end, I can't wait for the next weekend, how to save Sung Han clients.

I bet you her baby daddy hit her, she decided to blame it on the defendent. I can clearly say that PLAINTIF LIED TO HER LAWYER. Staying she doesn’t know where the father is.  Flashback scene, LAWYER TOLD HER NOT TO LIE TO HIM.  He also lied to her saying she can lie in court but the truth is she can lie as long she doesn’t get caught.   This drama isn’t bad, I only watch the cases Lawyer Shin takes part of . 

• Like 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

He also lied to her saying she can lie in court but the truth is she can lie as long she doesn’t get caught.   This drama isn’t bad, I only watch the cases Lawyer Shin takes part of . 

when I watched the episode I felt like the husband and wife were both vulnerable. he fell in love with a younger woman he pitied with regards to her life in Vietnam and she was suffering also from her life. I feel you. I also appreciate your comment as it opened my eyes to something I wouldn't have seen or considered. I guess I felt that stepmother led the Vietnamese woman into making false claims, as she planned and wanted the social media backlash - hence why she gave the husband who wanted to "fix" the marriage Attorney Shin's card. it feels very gross towards immigrants, as nationality comes first even the plot isn't uncommon either. yes. yes. they could have used the same case without involving immigrants. I feel like a lot of things happened but also nothing did. the previews promised a big confrontation and comeuppance but nothing of the sort came to pass. it felt like a very half hearted, cursory examination of what happened in the village on the part of the show. 

• Like 5

img-1.gif

202303271110137762.jpg

SLL

footage of “Divorce Attorney Shin” connects critical thinking skills to interpret specific cases and determine the best approach to the case | published images 

source:

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
  • Like 5