IkSong 👀 The Super Slow Burn Ship

17 hours ago, Lynne said:

hahaha.. i dunno.... maybe its something maybe its nothing..  my personal opinion is that the umbrellas are more of a symbolic meaning of Ikjun and Songhwa's place as the heart of the group. 

People goes to Songhwa for advise while Ikjun as an observer freely gives his advise.. 

:Party02: 

I wonder if the umbrellas are there because in Season 1, rain seems to be of meaning to both of them (they went to eat that thing when it's raining... also the scene in IkJun's house when Shwa helped look after Uju). Hmmm..talking about posters, our Duo actually never explain the meaning behind each poster right? season 1 has so many posters but never an explanation of what they're about 

17 hours ago, Lynne said:

Oh you're right.... I've been wondering are they going to adopt covid into the storyline.... hm....

I don't have any preference whether or not I want them to include covid or not. It would be more realistic if they do though especially if they're showing the fab 5 in 2020-2021... otherwise it would feel like they live in a different alternate universe :idk: However, not sure what restrictions are placed in Korea in 2020 ... like for example, where I am currently, in 2020, for months we're not allowed to visit anyone's house, to work from home and couldn't eat in any restaurant. Medical personnels were of course allowed to continue working on site though. If these were the case for SK and season 2 shows those, then we won't get much of the fab 5 meeting with each other outside the hospital :pandaheadstomp: ... then there will be not much chance for our IkSong's relationship to advance further to something else... 

• Haha 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob @Lynne I'm conflicted for the pandemic situation but I hope whatever Writer Lee and Shin PD decided, it will support the story. 

Our (soon to be confirmed) couple is spending time more and more often together! 

Based on the background, it's raining and they spend the time together! :wow:

Our couple asking each other to eat together

So much contents for our couple... I believe they will end up together and the dynamics between them won't change. 

• Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

@LaLa i really hope they're not trolling us and it's indeed IkJun whom she said 'let's eat' to (coz while it's clear it's Shwa whom IkJun talked to...it's not clear who Shwa said that to)

:hearties: 

This could either go either way... It could be the ship has sailed and the relationship doesnt affect the fab 5 friendship (as lala said) ... Or it could be Shwa rejected IkJun...but that also doesnt affect their friendship. Gahhhh... I really dont know what to expect in regards to SHwa's answer to IJ's question.

Ahhhh... @Lynne @LaLa a thought jusy popped up into my mind... What if... Lee or Shin (whoever that is)..decided to do this like Reply.. So Shwa's answer to IkJun won't be revealed until the end of season 2...and so we're left guessing the whole season whether they're already together or not with clues here and there each episode?:PsyWhat: although it will be recycling old pattern...it will still be ingenious to me!

• Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

Hahahahahah just can't help it.. I love predicting and guessing (to certain extent) @Lynne :laugh:

Wah..when you put the gifs in a line like that...the last one is the only one in sunny day (the top two were when it's raining right?) Oooo...maybe there's a shift from raining to sunny here for our IkSong? And hence the umbrellas they're holding in another poster are closed... Coz the rain has stopped :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Lynne said:

We also haven't really get Songhwa's POV on the past... so I'm hoping this season would explore that......

That's true.. since ep 1 of season 2 is the continuation of ep 12 season 1, I personally think this episode acts like a bridge for that. Slowly for the upcoming episodes, the timeline will go faster. 

Like for the first scenes it was early winter with many snows. Gradually it's getting warmer with rainy weather on winter, it's almost the end of winter I guess. At the end of winter, spring will bloom. After the rain, there will be a rainbow. Times will come for our ship to sail like others. Until then, we have to patiently wait and cheer for them. While nursing our hearts :letalQQ:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Let's just enjoy the happy or fluttering scenes no matter how small it is in episode 1 @Lynne @SnowBlob

Reverse role. Song Hwa made Ik Jun heart's flutter with her pose while driving 

Song Hwa can't help but laugh at Ik Jun antics.

Not related with IkSong but we need the laugh. President of IkSong club is fighting with Ik Jun and Song Hwa witness the fight, again. 

Or maybe just forgot about the pain and start a new kind of day tomorrow hahaha

Edited by LaLa
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa @Lynne I haven't watched ep1 yet but I read your comments :pandasad: So from what I gathered (from your posts)...SHwa 'rejected' our IkJun. Gahhh... I don't know what I want. I mean if it turned out from first episode of season 1 that SHwa accepted IkJun..I think I wouldn't like that either coz it would just straight away kill the anticipation.. nevertheless, I still feel heartbroken for IkJun :pandascared: 

I heard that this can very well be the last season... if so, I hope our Duo will not do to us like he did to WG.. and make IkSong together at the last episode (because that means we won't see them living their lives as a couple if there isn't season 3). 

ANDD>.. I want to see SHwa gets jealous or something this season ahahahahaha

• Sad 3

@SnowBlob Oh dear sister I hope you watch the drama first before reading our posts.. but @Lynneprobably also read first from my spoilers before she watched the drama herself so hahaha :psweatduck:

Yes she 'rejected' him by giving the answer to his questions in 3rd person pov. It's as if they are not talking to each other. 

Fans on twitter had theories about the tunnel and rainbow when it's just the two of them inside the car after at night after the band practice. What do you think? Do you agree? 

Another one said that Song Hwa being in the driver seat, means that when they do start to become more than friends, she will be the one who takes the next step. Ik Jun starts it by giving her a one kind of confession in Sokcho, but for now she said no. But maybe in the future once she has realised and listened to her heart, she will be the one who take the progress of their friendship and moving to more than that. 

But whatever happens, I believe both Writer Lee and Shin PD will give us something for both. The way they handle IkSong scenes is so delicate and precious. They surely don't want to be hunted by the shippers. :pandaattack:

They have given too much heartbroken people from their previous works :MewGiggle:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa I'll take any theories out there that support IkSong (as long as they don't sound too forceful or ridiculous) :PsyWhat: I actually really like the idea that SHwa will be the one to start the change... I feel that it will be really fit for the SHwa's characters we know so far. 

So I finished watching ep1 ... @LaLa @Lynne did you get teary eyes when SHwa 'rejected' IJ? For some reasons I did. Probably it was also because it happened after all these scenes with Yeon-U's mom scenes... but I happened to feel really heartbroken for IJ and got teary eyes :pandasad: IJ himself didn't exactly cry ... (his eyes got watery though I could tell)... And I got teary even before they zoomed in to his sad face... Even when from they shot him from far away when SHwa delivered her answer...I was sad already. I must applaud the two actors for their acting :hearties:

I hope they will tell us what SHwa was actually thinking during this time when IkSong sails. At this point of time, we can't be 100%sure whether she truly thinks IJ as her best friend or more. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

@SnowBlob Yes yes we really need to see more things from Song Hwa's pov so that we can know what she really thinks of. I hope that with her moving back to Yul Je soon, or during her stay in Sokcho, we can see about her daily life. We haven't seen her room as of yet! I pity her for not having her own bedroom to think or considering her thoughts. Almost everything is done inside her office or her car. It's as if she doesn't have time for her own self. 

Going camping is her way to relieve stress, but in Season 1 we see that both camping were not really successful. First by the emergency patient and the other one when Chi Hong joined her. 

You asked for more stories and I happened to find another theories in my timeline. I wonder if I should pleaded my manager to let me have 2 wfh days when HP 2 is airing LOL. I couldn't and wouldn't be able to catch up with fans theories when I am at work because the only thing I can do when I opened my phone is to reply work related messages. 

@Lynneany thoughts for the drama, fan theories or IkSong scenes? I knew I enjoyed reading your thoughts on start up before :)

@abs-oluteM thank you for lurking around here. We both 3 are still alright. We haven't flooded JH with our tears as of yet LOL 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

thank you for lurking around here. We both 3 are still alright. We haven't flooded JH with our tears as of yet LOL 

ahahahah...yes here to show some moral support. I somewhat expected that SH wouldn't say yes but wasn't quite expecting it in eps 1 coming across so directly . But it is a long season , and anything can happen. And I am curious to know her reasons for saying so. Does she really have no more feelings for him ( I was always under the impression that it was Ik Jun that she liked in their younger years) or that she's at the point in her life where she is tired , and perhaps the timing was just off? 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@LaLa nooo...you shouldnt take 2 days off...because then i might need two days off too to catch up:pandascared: I love the theories by that twitter account... She or he must know a thing or two about shooting a drama.. Seems like she's spot on about a lot of things. 

Hahahahhaha i will mainly talk about IkSong here..and not gonna flood the main thread with too much of this ship (but will still def talk about it there somehow:laugh: )

• Haha 3

Hi all, I'm pretty new here but I just want to share abit of my theory for the 1st episode of the drama. As many of you might aware about the car's license number theory that created fuss in the season 1, I want to keep my hope up it would go as same as season 2.

So we know that SongHwa got a new car. As the theory in the season 1 goes, we took the car numbers of the main characters and replaced them with the karaoke numbers. Which SongHwa's new license number is 1814 - Sunflower by Lee Moon Sae. I couldn't find the perfect English translation for the song so please excuse my google translation.

The song goes as below:

"i know
I don't forget those memories
Looking at a picture full of sunflowers

I laughed at the thought of you

it's all gone too far
so that sad love can be forgotten
If you look at me, who has been chasing after all the years
Thinking of you makes me smile

In those years of living like that
When it snows, I miss you
on my shabby lies
nodded
your sad voice
this world loves you

In those years of living like that
When it snows, I miss you
on my shabby lies
nodded
your sad voice
this world loves you

all passed
So that I can forget the sad love
If you look at me, who has been chasing after all the years
Thinking of you makes me smile
Thinking of you makes me smile"

After the season 1 ends, I did my prediction as SungHwa would reject Ikjun cuz they have been friends for so long to the point that even Ikjun stated in his confession that if they take their relationship to the next level, when they break up, thing would be different. Who would sacrifice 20 year+ friendship over the confession. I know it's sad but true; however, knowing PD Shin's style, at some point, they would end up together. Therefore, in my opinion, IkSong ship still has hope~~again, slow but steady. Keep our hope up everyone. Much love:hearties:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

Hi @Emi :hearties: Welcome!!!! So good to know there's another IkSong's fan here.. we're kinda a small boat right now but that's ok....we can spazz any thing related to IkSong here as much as we want! 

:PsyWhat: that lyrics of the song .... hope that reflects what SHwa has been feeling all this time. Btw, where do you find the list of the karaoke songs? I thought each noraebang would have their song list? or not? 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

On 6/19/2021 at 4:37 PM, SnowBlob said:

Hi @Emi :hearties: Welcome!!!! So good to know there's another IkSong's fan here.. we're kinda a small boat right now but that's ok....we can spazz any thing related to IkSong here as much as we want! 

:PsyWhat: that lyrics of the song .... hope that reflects what SHwa has been feeling all this time. Btw, where do you find the list of the karaoke songs? I thought each noraebang would have their song list? or not? 

Right there you are. Each noraebang would have their song list, for HP they use KY entertainment and TJ media system (you can see in their karaoke scene). They have an app which took me awhile to find:NeonGhost:

And yes, I have so much hope for the lyric to match SHwa's feeling in this season 2. I can't wait for ep2 now

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ikjun voiced a good thought about Iksong... "No need to rush"

E4S1i_cVgAEAihK?format=jpg&name=large

To be honest.. i kind of get what Songhwa is feeling.. time has closed that chapter for her.. and it might not an easy thing for her to accept any changes between them. So yeah.. give her and them both time.... 

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 6/18/2021 at 3:29 PM, SnowBlob said:

@LaLa nooo...you shouldnt take 2 days off...because then i might need two days off too to catch up:pandascared: I love the theories by that twitter account... She or he must know a thing or two about shooting a drama.. Seems like she's spot on about a lot of things. 

Hahahahhaha i will mainly talk about IkSong here..and not gonna flood the main thread with too much of this ship (but will still def talk about it there somehow:laugh: )

Let's talk and promote about our ship in main thread. Who knows maybe we can recruit more passengers for our ship hahaha.. And well for the last one week, I was mostly RT and like bot on twitter. Some theories were done quite beautifully and I do want to discuss it in here, but then real life on weekdays came and it got halted. Fangirl life and real life can't be balanced hahaha sad...

@EmiHi welcome aboard to this ship where you have to be patient for the ship to sail. We the current passengers believe it will sail one day. Until that day comes, let's spend the time together and while cheering for our couple together. 

Interesting crumbs/theories of the car number. I knew and understand Korean a little bit and maybe when I had the time, I'll take a look at the original lyrics too. Thank you for sharing it.

@SnowBlob @Lynne Well after this post, I'm going to share several tweets about our crumbs so bear with me if loading the page takes a little bit long because of the attachment. I hope I won't break haven rules. @abs-oluteMdo notify me if I broke any while posting the attachment. 

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Before watching live, I wonder what will happened to our favorite couple. Well from the trailers we do see that they are seems to comfortable as ever with each other. They don't look awkward with each other. That was before I knew about the last episode of ep 1. Well the descriptions of Ik Jun characters was already a big hint to us. No matter what happened, Ik Jun will take a slow and steady approach while threading his relationship with Song Hwa. They are already close friends and for them to cross the lines to become more than that, surely he can't decide it alone. He also needs to gain Song Hwa approval so that they can go more than that. In ep 1, Song Hwa didn't feel comfortable yet and she wished for them to be close friends like they used before. Sure it might broke his heart a little, but I think he must have expected the answer too. And he respects her wishes, so he will step back into the role of close friends... For now? xD

Crumbs and everything we got in ep 2 of season 2.

The first meeting between our two couple after that answer scene. Jeong Won gathers them around to announce his relationship with Gyeo Ul. There will be always food for their meeting. As food enthusiast she is, Song Hwa can't wait to eat the ramyeon. However, she accidentally dropped the noodles when Ik Jun's face was near the pot and he got splashed by the hot water. Feeling guilty, she wiped his face with tissues and he let her. :heart:

It reminded us of the scene when Song Hwa wiped his face because he burnt his finger no? Almost in similar condition and situation. This time, it's in front of the other guys who don't care about the two. Kyaa there's only two of them in the world. (forgive my delulu mind)

Ik Jun visits Song Hwa after his many and long surgeries. Once again he always made her laugh with his antics and jokes. Who can resist him? In my opinion, everytime Song Hwa visited Yulje for her VIP Surgeries, Ik Jun will always try and spend the time together as much as he could. 

And when Ik Jun let Song Hwa and Jeong Won knew about the fact that he knew about Daddy Long Legs identity. Song Hwa asked him to keep the secret and she proudly said she's in charge now. Again, he made a joke that she can't be the Daddy Long Legs because she is too small. Jeong Won is annoyed with the jokes but when she should be offended, she find his joke is funny. If it's not love then what, our dear professor? Hmm? :hearties:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

The highlight and biggest (?) crumbs.. no it's not crumbs it's a one piece of bread! Song Hwa Jun Wan and Ik Jun are talking when Seon Bin came to her to let her know the news that Song Hwa will get interview by tv broadcast because of her successful surgery for the famous violinist. Song Hwa already refused the offer from the Director Ju because Seon Bin and Seok Min are busy. She didn't want to do the interview without them because they worked hard together for the surgeries. (Best mentor ever :heart:) Jun Wan and Ik Jun felt that her comments were too cheesy for them to handle and cringed. In a haste, Ik Jun made a craft from the pamphlet he hold and impersonating as if it is Song Hwa's face.

She could be angry but instead, she loves his jokes and found it funny. Over their walk they keep bickering about the craft and when Ik Jun accidentally dropped it, he shouted ' Oh Song Hwa! and Song Hwa hits his back while taking back the paper for her to admire (?) AND HE CASUALLY PUT HIS HANDS OVER HER SHOULDER. As if it's a natural things to do between close friends. :smug:

To me he half hugged her and yeah, lovers or not, I'm just happy there's no longer awkward glances that Song Hwa has in ep 1. She really let the burden go after hearing the 'Sokcho confession' and spend comfortable time around Ik Jun. 

And Ik Jun knew Song Hwa the most. When she needed her coffee intake after long and tiring surgeries. When she has to drive 2 hours worth after that surgeries but it was too late and the cafeteria is closed. Ik Jun's small gesture brings smile to Song Hwa. He already prepared her coffee with her preference to choose. That small gesture and attention, always bring smiles to her face. And all that matters for now. To see her smile because of him. kyaa :love: ( I litterally screamed at my screem when I saw the handwritting on the cup sleeves. Well being a Cho Jung Seok current thread ownder does have it perks hahaha. I recognized his handwriting)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: