IkSong 👀 The Super Slow Burn Ship

Ahhh @LaLa finally 'something' in ep 7 on IkSong for me. I like the ending of the camping scene :hearties: we get to see the melancholy-troubled IkJun's face and gaze again. That's what JJS is really good at hahahahhah My heart went awwwwww for him. I suppose (for me personally)..without that angst face at the end of the camping scenes...the scenes were nice but again would be just fluff for me. So yayyy for the angst. 

I think that scene showed us that for sure IJ wasnt over his feelings for Shwa and that not everything is 'alright' after the rejection..now we know that he's somehow hurting. 

Although at this point..it could be because of something else that made him sad. I read on twitter..some guessed that he knew he's going to donate his liver to IS...another guessed that he has prostate cancer. I dont know what..but I dont mind having something important happens to trigger Shwa to take that step towards them becoming a couple. 

Please writer nim..give us something more in ep 8. It's actually getting really tiring to wait for this long for the relationship to remain platonic:yoongibtspls:

• Like 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

5 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I think that scene showed us that for sure IJ wasnt over his feelings for Shwa and that not everything is 'alright' after the rejection..now we know that he's somehow hurting. 

Yeah, the status that they have for now, didn't do anything good to his heart. He yearns for more but at the same time he also respect her wishes. :letalQQ:

I know both of us have been patiently wait for the overdue Song Hwa pov, but we haven't got any. I thought during the camping scenes we might see some, and we did (she shared her guilt over being harsh to her mother's concern about her work or about her mother health). I think it's a step and maybe we wished for more. When she got drunk, she shared how she remembered about his past self during their university days. That's what I think the opening that we needed, but then she immediately caught herself by saying playing the songs wasn't appropriate and she's sleepy. She almost break that wall that she built, but to me she still looks scared to bring it down.

Again, I really need her pov. I knew we, Iksong supporters, and fans have been shown a lot from Ik Jun POV and that's why we sympathetic with him a lot, but we also need to see and the important thing, to hear about her heart. Her actions and facial expressions have shown that she adores Ik Jun more than just a mere friend (okay this is me assuming things), but the way she looks fondly at him while they have a tour at the hospital speaks a lot. 

And for her to inviting him to join her camping. Before, she dedicate her camping time as the way for her to relax and preferably she enjoys camping alone. But this time, she's the one who invited him and by extension Woo Joo to enjoy it with her. At her favourite place. Did she invite other? She knew that Jun Wan are still single and need to get over his break up, so why didn't she invite him too if she only think that Ik Jun is her friend and nothing more? Hmm? 

6 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I dont know what..but I dont mind having something important happens to trigger Shwa to take that step towards them becoming a couple. 

Well, Ik Jun did seem to step up and realising his deeper feeling for her after the cancer scare. So does she need to have the scare too to make her realize that she needs him more just a friend? Only time will tell... But we don't have that much episodes left in season 2. If there's any season 3, can we be patient until then? Huhuhu :nervous:

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

21 hours ago, LaLa said:

Again, I really need her pov. I knew we, Iksong supporters, and fans have been shown a lot from Ik Jun POV and that's why we sympathetic with him a lot, but we also need to see and the important thing, to hear about her heart. 

This^ I agree. And it's quite frustrating even after 7 episodes in..things are still very vague. Glad to see that she started mentioning something in their past that showed us a viewers that she remembered something about IJ that IJ himself was even surprised that anyone would remember that. It was a good first step forward. Now I'm just hoping ShinLee will continue to build it up. However, honestly I don't see anything screaming 'IkSong' in the preview for ep 8 so I don't have any high hope for now that there will be any great IkSong scenes there. 

21 hours ago, LaLa said:

And for her to inviting him to join her camping. Before, she dedicate her camping time as the way for her to relax and preferably she enjoys camping alone. But this time, she's the one who invited him and by extension Woo Joo to enjoy it with her. At her favourite place. Did she invite other? She knew that Jun Wan are still single and need to get over his break up, so why didn't she invite him too if she only think that Ik Jun is her friend and nothing more? Hmm? 

Again... agree with this 100%. but again as you said...we really need her POV..otherwise nothing is 100% sure. T_T 

I'm in two minds about having season 3. I really hope that there won't be any season 3 hahahahaha.. I don't think this kind of drama style is good for multiple seasons (hahahahaha since it's probably only you and me reading this @LaLa , don't think I'll start any war by saying this:p). I just want them to really finish strong .. give us plenty IkSong scenes that satisfy us the shippers and I'm good with just 2 seasons of this thing. However, if they still can't a good enough wrap-up for IkSong..then I suppose season 3 should be there for the sake of us waiting for clear answers.. Again, I still prefer everything can end nicely in 2 seasons and therefore we have no need for season 3. Although I won't mind a 2-hour special or something to focus on IkSong after the 12th episode ends :laugh::laugh:

So many things still to explore apart from SHwa POV: we still need to see how SHwa will fit into IJ's little family aka her relationship with Uju. I also want to see how they juggle their life together (Ij+Shwa+Uju). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@LaLa as we talked about in the chat, how I wish that they put the BTS scenes in the drama! :cry: IJ-Shwa-Uju appeared much more like a family unit to me. The BTS also showed JMD interacting with little Uju...and how cute when Uju 'shocked' JMD when she was sitting next to JJS. Ahh..how I wish they were included in the drama :pandasadspoon: 

In saying that, I'm actually looking forward to ep 8 (and honestly I hadn't been looking forward to any future ep recently). I hope ShinLee will give us some IkSong scenes that show 'progress' in their relationship. I'm not hoping much though at this point, seeing how ShinLee often 'drags' a romantic development in HP. 

Two more nights but I better finish my assignment first before that! :pandascared:

• Like 2

On 8/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, SnowBlob said:

However, honestly I don't see anything screaming 'IkSong' in the preview for ep 8 so I don't have any high hope for now that there will be any great IkSong scenes there. 

Let's lower our expectations so that when there are scenes in ep 8 we will be surprised and hopefully, it's a happy one for us. :pandaangel:

I'm in two minds about having season 3. I really hope that there won't be any season 3 hahahahaha.. I don't think this kind of drama style is good for multiple seasons

Well it depends I think... Firstly the PD and Writer has to define what their aim for the next season. While watching making scenes of Season 1 for the whole year while waiting for season 2, it showed that both Shin PD and Writer Lee has mapped out that at least, this drama will have 2 season. In each interview with the casts and even a little snippets from their first official table reading, they wished at least the drama could continue to season 2. I think Writer Lee has already planned the whole possible scenario that when season 1 got good response from the viewers, then she could continue to season 2. However, for season 3, from the press interview before Season 2, Shin PD said he honestly had no idea for it. They just focused on filming and finishing season 2 first. We fans can demand but all of it depend on the writer, PD and of course our beloved actors themselves. Of course they will get so much fame and popularity when their seasonal drama got good reviews, but for actors point of view, it might be also hard to shred their much beloved characters one day in their future (Harry Potter franchise for example)

hahahahaha since it's probably only you and me reading this @LaLa , don't think I'll start any war by saying this:p)

LOL as long as the lurker just stay lurking, I think we can safely assume that between the both of us, we won't have a war with each other. :P

I just want them to really finish strong .. give us plenty IkSong scenes that satisfy us the shippers and I'm good with just 2 seasons of this thing. However, if they still can't a good enough wrap-up for IkSong..then I suppose season 3 should be there for the sake of us waiting for clear answers.. Again, I still prefer everything can end nicely in 2 seasons and therefore we have no need for season 3. Although I won't mind a 2-hour special or something to focus on IkSong after the 12th episode ends

I think clear ending is the best. Satisfaction is all based on the viewers pov and once again even between you and me have some different opinion for some scenes. Oh special 2 hour for IkSong plus Woo Joo stories, I won't complain. If I could choose, another option than season 3, maybe extension of 4 episodes for season 2? Because honestly I don't know have any idea how they are going to extend the stories to the next season. Extending the seasons from initial 12 episodes to 16 episodes might be preferable? :thinking:

So many things still to explore apart from SHwa POV: we still need to see how SHwa will fit into IJ's little family aka her relationship with Uju. I also want to see how they juggle their life together (Ij+Shwa+Uju). 

This true. And also about their respective family reactions. Song Hwa being the only daughter from her family (and probably the youngest) will bring much reactions when (one day) she commits her relationship with Ik Jun (Oh he's a good man and doctor and I might be biased saying that he's almost perfect) who is a divorced man with young son. Society problem might be different over there. (You can blame on me for watching too many dramas about this. Especially those weekends dramas with strange and unbelievable plots :psweatduck:) 

@SnowBlob Let me put that making video again so that we can enjoy those videos again and again in here too, beside the main thread.

IJ-Shwa-Uju appeared much more like a family unit to me. The BTS also showed JMD interacting with little Uju...and how cute when Uju 'shocked' JMD when she was sitting next to JJS. Ahh..how I wish they were included in the drama

I'm just going to pretend that these 'making scenes' are actually part of the script that got cut and we got robbed because of time restrictions :pandaheadstomp: In this shipper thread, we are free of doing anything we wish for our couple and our own happiness as the shipper, yes? :P

I might become a broken tape at this rate, but I'm going to say that these are the interactions that we are waiting for when we got that little preview that Song Hwa inviting Ik Jun for a camping and short scenes of two camping at night on a beautiful camp ground. I didn't believe it that they make Woo Joo suffered with heartbreak after his fight with Mo Ne. He has been looking forward to go camping with his dad, and the writer cruel enough to make him just staring at the fire? At the time when he could be the young kid he is and enjoy the time with his father? Uhhh.. :mad:

Well I'm not complaining about Ik Song talks in the camping ground. Those scenes are alright and might led to important discoveries in Song Hwa's part and we got a glimpse about Ik Jun's true emotion about their relationship.. But our poor Woo Joo? :( 

In saying that, I'm actually looking forward to ep 8 (and honestly I hadn't been looking forward to any future ep recently). I hope ShinLee will give us some IkSong scenes that show 'progress' in their relationship. I'm not hoping much though at this point, seeing how ShinLee often 'drags' a romantic development in HP. 

Hopefully on my posts tomorrow night, I can bring some good news! :brb:

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

31 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Let's lower our expectations so that when there are scenes in ep 8 we will be surprised and hopefully, it's a happy one for us. 

:jinbtsyes: Although it's easier said than done. I actually don't have high expectations that ShinLee will give us any progress ... but I think I'm hoping too much that my low expectation is proven wrong.. so complicated HAHHAHAHAHHAHA. Just like coming to watch ep 7.. I had very low expectation...ehh..but that longing-look scene happened and I was blown~~ 

34 minutes ago, LaLa said:

However, for season 3, from the press interview before Season 2, Shin PD said he honestly had no idea for it. They just focused on filming and finishing season 2 first.

Hmmm.. Actually, didn't it say somewhere that they decided not to do season 3??? I thought I read the article about it just prior to season 2 began. 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

He has been looking forward to go camping with his dad, and the writer cruel enough to make him just staring at the fire? At the time when he could be the young kid he is and enjoy the time with his father? Uhhh.. 

Well I'm not complaining about Ik Song talks in the camping ground. Those scenes are alright and might led to important discoveries in Song Hwa's part and we got a glimpse about Ik Jun's true emotion about their relationship.. But our poor Woo Joo? :( 

I also couldn't believe that ShinLee decided to do this. It seems like the camping scenes are only to give satisfy viewers with IkSong interactions but seriously... as you said..it's pretty cruel to Uju. He wanted to go camping  (did this camping happen a year later after he first asked?) andddd.. during camping... all we got see him doing was  sitting in front of the campfire on his own??? and slept??  Like.. that camping scenes could be sooo soo much more (like the BTS) :heiboi: And I actually wasn't surprised when people complained about this..and to say that IJ was himself pretty cruel because he just ignored his son and only focused on talking to SHwa (and I couldn't blame them because that's all what's shown to us). 

1 hour ago, LaLa said:

This true. And also about their respective family reactions. Song Hwa being the only daughter from her family (and probably the youngest) will bring much reactions when (one day) she commits her relationship with Ik Jun (Oh he's a good man and doctor and I might be biased saying that he's almost perfect) who is a divorced man with young son. Society problem might be different over there.  

That's right. There's so much to explore...now I don't think the rest of the season can cover all these :lmao2:

I shall read your 'report' on Friday morning... can't wait hahahahahah

• Like 2

@SnowBlob the ' humane ' side of Song Hwa that we've been waiting for, slowly coming up. Just like how she needs someone to be with her on her hard days and moments in life, Ik Jun is there. He's always there for her. Sigh how to find an almost perfect man like Ik Jun.. how to not comparing real people with a fictional character? :letalQQ:

Okay let me start my report.. While writing this I don't know what will happen with the rest of my writing (Since only you who probably reading it sis), so here we go

- Ik Jun is almost like a personal assistant for Song Hwa. And just like him, she also a reminder for about his schedule. 

So the friends gathered to eat lunch at Song Hwa room. She ordered 4 portions of tteokpokki for the five of them. Jun Wan and Seok Hyeong shocked and wondered how they can eat all of that. Ik Jun then started analysing Jun Wan and Song Hwa will eat one container each. She ordered according to their own preference of spiciness. She's late joining them because she's especially busy. And when others are asking or guessing about her activity, Ik Jun can recall every facts and schedule of her, as if he's her personal agenda. And when Song Hwa joined them, she loudly announced she would finish the whole container by herself, just like what Ik Jun has predicted. 

After they finished eating, boys started to leave one by one for their schedules. They will have a bbq party, courtesy of Jeong Won, and Ik Jun started to complain and Jeong Won is being stingy for only treating them for bbq once a month, where they have worked hard for VIP patients. Ik Jun keeps talking and Song Hwa has to remind him that he'll be late if he stayed any longer to chat. 

- Ik Jun takes care and understand what she wants by his observations on her. 

Over the bbq dinner, Song Hwa and Jun Wan won't take off their eyes from the grill. Both Ik Jun and Jeong Won has to slip the chopsticks to their hands so that they won't eat the meat with bare hands hahaha. 

Spoiler

Once they finished eating, Song Hwa won't take her eyes of the stone grill pan. Ik Jun noticed it and asked if she really like that. She excitedly answered yes and wondered how great it would be when she used it for camping. Ik Jun reprimanded her to not asking it to the restaurant staffs. She pouted but agreed to not ask. 

- Song Hwa realized about her mother's sickness and devastated. When she could barely hold back her tears to assure her mother that it's okay, Ik Jun once again appeared at the exact time and offers his companions to her. 

After treating her patients, Song Hwa called her senior professor whom she sent her mother to for her check up. She thought that her mother would be fine, but her senior asked, didn't she realise about her mother condition? The symptoms are quite clear and based on the tests results, her senior gave a diagnosis that her mother has Parkinson disease. 

After she checked the results herself, she finally realised and lost for words. The reality finally struck her hard. She immediately call her mother and tried to assure that it's okay. They can treat it with medications. With barely holding back her tears, she says her mother will be fine because she has a NS doctor as a daughter. She will sleep and go home at her parents house. 

A brilliant acting and appreciation for Jeon Mi Do for acting and executing this scenes well. The raw of her voice, the guilt she felt for not spending enough time with her mother by saying she's busy. 

Spoiler

And after the phone call with her mother, she has tried to calm down herself and prepare to leave the hospital when Ik Jun knocked on her door and enter. Seeing her down look, he immediately knew something happened and asked. She hesitated a little before shared it with him, that her mother is having a Parkinson. I'm not going to write any longer just watch this. 

She tried to not break down. He just asked if she aren't going home and offered if she wants him to drive her home. He knew well that she's not in her right state of mind. After all the talk over the camping, of her telling him that she's feeling guilty for brushing off her mother. He knew her so well that she might blame herself for not realising this sooner. 

The only thing that he can offer, is his presence. He's offering his service and presence around her. And by doing that he can also watch for her safely to reach home. Driving alone like this might cause an accident. While he said for her to change of clothes, he could have just leave, but no. He still watching her. He's holding her desk as if to stop himself to get near and comfort her physically by giving hug. But there's a line that he can't cross, yet. 

This might be my interpretation but that's what I could see from his gaze...

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Song Hwa is feeling down. Other than her scheduled patients, she mostly stayed inside her office. She even asked Sun Bin to pushed back their appointments to next week and she wanted to have a rest for the rest of the week. Ik Jun and Jun Wan wanted to hang out with her in her room, but they stayed back and cancel it when Sun Bin let them know that Song Hwa wasn't feeling good. 

Seok Min called Song Hwa that he wants to asked something and if she has the time to meet him. She half heartedly agreed to welcome him to her room. But less than a minute, he messaged her to say it has been resolved. So she resumed her position to have a rest again. 

Apparently Ik Jun has been guarding in the corridor near her room. He stopped Seok Min and offered his solutions. He stopped Seong Yeong and pointed him to ask another professor. He stopped Yun Bok for giving Song Hwa coffee and cakes and even offered to discuss NS problems with the Nurse :laugh:

A little bit later he knocked and peeked on her door and asked permission if they can meet for a moment. 

He gave her a gift that he bought on his own. He really worked hard to choose it and to have it as much as similar the grill pan with the one from restaurant.

Look at how she instantly smiled brightly. When she excited, look at how soft Ik Jun eyes. If it's not love, then what? Huhuhu their relationship is so precious and beautiful.. please.. please make it official soon :heart:

Even her students knew that with Ik Jun, Song Hwa will feel better ... :hearties:

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Thank you so so much for the report @LaLa :wow: I cant wait to see the scene where Shwa is crying! She hasnt cried at all so far..so this is the first time. I'm expecting that she can pull this amazingly. 

Alright...I'll be back when I finish watching this ep

• Like 2

Ok @LaLa..I managed to watch the ep (with ffwd button of course) :shocked:  can't believe it's almost 2-hour long (gasps)

Anyway... of course since this HP isn't just about romance (ehem) so out of the 110 mins something..we probably got about 5 mins of IkSong scenes? :laugh: 

Glad that JMD was given the chance to 'cry' on the scene. It's really nice to see SHwa breaking down like that once in a while. And I must say JMD performed that scene really well :love: And of course with that, we got to see that sad-eyes of IJ again (which is such a delight to see JJS doing it.. you can feel so much emotion out of it). 

Now how do I feel about the scene as a whole? Hmmmm not sure. Yes, the positive thing is that she showed some of her vulnerability... but she was still unable to let it all out even when IJ was there. I feel like she was holding back (or maybe not???). And IJ was definitely holding back too... (or not??). I don't know anymore.

I agree that he was respecting SHwa's space and wouldn't invade that space uninvitingly. I also think it's nice to be given a space and to allow time for silence instead of constantly talking/asking to try helping her. But of course I wouldn't lie and wish that IJ did a bit more instead of just soon walking away to get his car hahahahaha. 

As for Shwa, I just wish she opened up more ... and that she would tell IJ how she truly felt about the news of her mother being sick. Of course it's nice to know that there's that understanding between them even when words aren't spoken out but still... it's nice to see people actually talk about deeper things (not just the fluff and day-to-day stuff). Which also brings me to this point that's not really related to IkSong

Spoiler

I feel that the fab5 is somehow close... but funnily they don't talk about the more 'important' things in their lives. So they often gather together talk about this and that ... we did get to see the occasions where they did confide in each other in difficult time such as when Shwa got the cancer scare and when SHyeong's father passed away. BUT. for example about their relationships ... they didn't tell others about it until they actually got together (in case of WG..and in case of Bidulgi...still Jwan hasn't told anyone). Maybe it's a thing with mature friends I suppose??? Not sure. 

I'm just waiting for the day when it's the other way around... we've seen twice and more situations where IJ was there supporting SHwa in times of her needs. But what about the other way around?? We saw that she came to his house to help look after Uju once ... but other than that.. she's not really 'there' to support IkJun. And I don't know..if they finally get together before I see that.. I think I will be a little disappointed. I want to see SHwa actively supports IkJun! 

For some reasons, the talk between SHwa and the son of that grandma.. where he said that his friend of 30 years just passed away..just like that... I immediately thought that..will this happen to IkSong? Hahhahhaha... like maybe IkJun is suddenly experiencing a near-death situation and that will jerk Shwa out of her shell??? I'm so bias I know..I'm just really wishing for something to happen to IJ to get SHwa realise how much IJ means to her :heiboi:

I agree when someone said that I think if SHwa isn't going accept him as her BF..then they will really need to spend times apart..or otherwise..I don't think IJ can truly be happy as he won't be able to let go SHwa if they continue to be so close like this together? IJ has suffered so much I think ... and I just wish that SHwa would at least think from his perspective ... 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@LaLa @SnowBlobActually like the eps 8 progress for Ik Song & wrote about it on the drama thread. I think I finally get it now. SH has been just so busy and keeps taking on so much work that having romantic feelings or considering anything that requires her be in touch with her own emotions is a luxury. That is until now...what is happening to her mum will be a catalyst for her to rethink things. What they both have is a bond that I feel is even stronger than romance. I actually really love that Ik Jun did not hug her nor say any cliche type advice. His reaction was exactly what she needed. I am certain they will be the end game.

Nice MV using a song I love

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

54 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I actually really love that Ik Jun did not hug her nor say any cliche type advice. 

I think his action is sooo gentleman-ly..and in this day and age of korean dramas.. Is rare to find. 

And I hope you're right about SHwa and that hopefully she'll start getting in touch more about her own feelings. 

And as I mentioned before...she also needs to start thinking of IJ's feelings if she's going to keep him so close like this :JuiceGhost:

@LaLa do you think this ep's song relates to Shwa's POv?

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@SnowBlob sorry for not replying your messages until now. I'm recovering after the 1st dose of vaccination. Hopefully I can managed to write something this weekend, continuing our discussion for ep 8 and 9. 

For now I'm going to do my weekly report for our couple progress. 

Oh before I forgot. @im0202said something that shouldn't have been said! The worst scenario about our couple future. She said there's possibility what happened in season 1 ending might happen to us too. She's being meany, please scold her :cry:

Move to my report~

We don't get that many interaction of our couple. Combined their appearance probably less than 10 minutes? Even Song Hwa don't have that much air time in ep 9. Hopefully we'll get more of her for the rest of 3 episodes! 

- Song Hwa visits Ik Jun who's playing double for the table tennis competition. 

The competition is funny actually because most of the players have to leave because of emergency situation. Well it can't be helped because they are doctors and patients life are number 1 priority. So after her surgery, she immediately went to the competition room where Ik Jun is playing semifinal game. The game itself quite tough and after she came, Ik Jun team can snatch the win? Is it her presence help him win? I can only dream :laugh:

And miraculously Ik Jun team goes to semifinal. On the important deuce, his opponents has to leave because his wife is going for labor hahaha. While resting before the final game, Song Hwa offers her tea to Ik Jun partner but he declined it, he might be thinking she offered it to him.  He coolly said he'll be back before the tea got cold. 

But in the end he lost so fast LMAO... And he did drink the tea while it still hot. He didn't want to give her precious tea to anyone. No one but himself. (Okay that's my delulu mind playing here) 

Fast forward to almost the end of episodes, our couple coffee date at the outside hospital garden. It suddenly started to rain and they ran together for shelter or back to hospital. Watch it yourself @SnowBlob, finally they hold hands!!! For short seconds, initiated by Song Hwa. 

:heart:

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

7 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Oh before I forgot. @im0202said something that shouldn't have been said! The worst scenario about our couple future. She said there's possibility what happened in season 1 ending might happen to us too. She's being meany, please scold her 

Have I jinxed it 😅 Mianhae! Please forgive me hahahaha I didn’t know :GrowDerp:

I have been low-key Iksong shipper so also want to see sweet happy moments between them. One today and hope many more to go!

Still hopeful for a season 3~

• Haha 2

@LaLa thank youuuuuu for the report xx. Hope you're back to feeling 100% well soon after your 1st jab. 

Ahhh...so IkSong scenes werent tha many this time? It's ok..that's what fastforward button is for :laugh: But I'm so happy to hear that they finally held hands! I'm looking forward to watching the table tennis match...it looks hilarious!! 

@im0202 did you say to Lala that IkSong would only get together right at the end of season 2 just like WG at the end of season 1?? Is that what you mean?:laugh: I feel if it's so...ShinLee is just too cruel to IkSong ahahahhahaha... They have baited us with crushed crumbs since s1...and still not gonna give us any satisfaction of watching how their lives will be as a couple?? Too cruel :KittyMummy:

• Haha 3

Alright, so I must say I quite like this episode although ffwd button was still being used several times :laugh: Before I get to IkSong, I just want to say I'm so glad that

Spoiler

our Dr Bong got to take a centre stage this episode (I feel like he's usually portrayed as 'not as smart as' the fab 5... but seriously running an ER department is not an easy task and we got to see how skilful he truly is as a doctor :love: I always like dr Bong). I also like how the NICU nurses got some spotlight..and seriously..I think nurses' contribution to patients' care is often overlooked and patients tend to praise and thank the doctors but not necessarily the nurses. 

And has Yoo Jae Myung ahjussi made an appearance in S1?? Glad to see him so goofy and funny in this ep.

And ohhh how I love the table tennis competition scenes..they're hilarious!! 

Ok..now let's get to IkSong :hearties: @LaLa and @im0202 (since you have acknowledged here that you're a shipper hahahaha)

Of course I wish they gave us moreee IkSong scenes (but seriously as a shipper, we probably always want more no matter how much is given to us anyway). 

The scene which I love the most is of course the coffee 'date' which led to SHwa holding IJ's hand. I :hearties: that scene... it gave me butterfly in the stomach! How amazing that scene is considering it was only for seconds but the impact was really profound. I think SHwa did that unknowingly... but then I bet the BOTH of them felt the aftermath of that action. I could feel the awkward tension between them (which I have always wanted to see). It's in that split second I think SHwa realised what she did and she quickly let go of IJ's hand. And her eyes when IJ started running... I wonder what she's thinking right at that moment... What do you think? 

That also made me think that IJ probably thought to himself that he's the only that feeling 'something' out of that holding hand gesture...because he quickly moved on the conversation to them overcoming the next hurdles. And as if he wanted to avoid SHwa's holding his hands again when jumping over the hurdles, he ran quickly ahead (or is that only my delulu mind??). So I feel during this scene, IJ was still thinking that SHwa only thought of him as a friend and wanted to keep that distance between himself and her... (without knowing how she actually looked after he ran!). 

Lastly, the flashback. Glad that they showed that one too... so we're now certain that SHwa liked IJ back then as well and that she was really looking forward to meeting up with him on her birthday. 

One thing that didn't really make sense to me.... why did she have to cry so sad as if she couldn't try to approach him again the next time they met??? I mean we as viewers knew what happened..and that IJ had resolved not to approach SHwa because of SHyeong..but how did SHwa know that was causing IJ to cancel the meeting? He could cancel it because he truly had something to do for example.... it didn't straight away mean that that relationship was doomed just because IJ said he couldn't meet up with her that night. I'm talking about from SHwa's POV... and hence I didn't quite get the exasperation in her face when she got that message. 

@LaLaHAHAHHAHAH... IJ said 'I'll drink the hot tea after I'm victorious' thinking that it would be super duper fast.. but in fact he drank the tea while it's hot after he was totally defeated :lmao2: 

Oh man.. still in awe with that holding hand scene~~

• Heart Eyes 2

Ahhhhhhhh @LaLa ahhhhhhh.... What do you think of this lala? Am I just delusional?

I watched that holding hand scene over and over again....pay attention to after that jump...i think.... There's that split second when (I think) I can see... That IJ was kinda tried to let go SHwa's hand but then Shwa sort of held on not letting go...just for like a very very brief moment and so subtleee.... Watch it again if you want...and tell me..do you see it too?? Or is it just me?

If that's the case..the awkward moment after their hands parted makes sense so much..it's like IJ probably feeling that and SHwa too..but both not sure how the other is feeling about it (probably IJ was still thinking that shwa felt nothing about it)..but anywayy...i wish i knew how to watch that clip in slo-mo. 

Also @LaLa some ppl said that prior to jumping..they thought IJ was 'offering' his hand for shwa to hold onto. You think so? It looks to me though as he was pointing to the puddle (and wasnt offering his hand)...it's truly truly Shwa who initiated that hand holding (i want it this way coz that meant much more than the first scenario of him 'offering' his hand)

:wow:

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

7 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

One thing that didn't really make sense to me.... why did she have to cry so sad as if she couldn't try to approach him again the next time they met???

I think it was just the huge disappointment that she felt... Imagine having a huge crush on a guy, and he texts you saying he’s got a gift to pass to you on your birthday. Songhwa must have felt overjoyed and impossibly excited in that moment. Then she dolls up and waits for a long time for a reply on where to meet, only to get a text from Ikjun to call off the date. I think I would cry / feel heartbroken as well in that moment.

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Also @LaLa some ppl said that prior to jumping..they thought IJ was 'offering' his hand for shwa to hold onto. You think so? It looks to me though as he was pointing to the puddle (and wasnt offering his hand)

Omg I went to watch it again... Seems like Ikjun’s hand was kinda vague. So he must have been very surprised as well when Songhwa grabbed his hand!

• Insightful 2
  • Party! 1
14 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SnowBlob I bring you one more IkSong shipper ...ahahah ...see @ktcjdrama's profile pic.

I am just so very happy that we have a physical contact established :eeeee: And yes, I can confirm SH was the one who held Ik Jun's hand. I immediately replayed to make sure. Anyone else noticed that tiny "umbrella" Ik Jun was holding?

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Hiiiii @ktcjdrama welcome!!!! Btw @abs-oluteM ... my 'tear' emoji refers to 'tears of happiness' of getting another shipper :BulbaOWO:

21 hours ago, im0202 said:

I think it was just the huge disappointment that she felt... Imagine having a huge crush on a guy, and he texts you saying he’s got a gift to pass to you on your birthday. Songhwa must have felt overjoyed and impossibly excited in that moment. Then she dolls up and waits for a long time for a reply on where to meet, only to get a text from Ikjun to call off the date. I think I would cry / feel heartbroken as well in that moment.

Mmm... yes if you put it that way :btsjinok: I probably thought too much coz it seemed to me she was so heartbroken as if there would be totally no more hope of getting together with IJ just from that one rejection. 

Ok ok.. so I'm just gonna assume SHwa was totally the one who took IJ's hand (IJ didn't offer it to her) heheheheheh

Now.. what do you think @im0202 @ktcjdrama on this

On 8/20/2021 at 6:32 PM, SnowBlob said:

I watched that holding hand scene over and over again....pay attention to after that jump...i think.... There's that split second when (I think) I can see... That IJ was kinda tried to let go SHwa's hand but then Shwa sort of held on not letting go...just for like a very very brief moment and so subtleee.... Watch it again if you want...and tell me..do you see it too?? Or is it just me?

?? 

@ktcjdrama eh?? which umbrella? on which scene? were you referring to the coffee cup's lid??? 

• Haha 3

Okay let me address my reply from our last discussion of ep 8 before we going to ep 9. 

On 8/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, SnowBlob said:

Now how do I feel about the scene as a whole? Hmmmm not sure. Yes, the positive thing is that she showed some of her vulnerability... but she was still unable to let it all out even when IJ was there. I feel like she was holding back (or maybe not???). And IJ was definitely holding back too... (or not??). I don't know anymore.

I've been thinking that because Song Hwa is almost shown as the perfect doctor and perfect woman who is always look strong, showing us her vulnerable state and as a normal human is nice for a change. And I don't know why but I'm happy that this particular moment is shared with Ik Jun. Back for her breast cancer check-up in season 1, and now in season 2 when she got the news of her mother sickness. I think with how she and Ik Jun spend times more together in season 2 talking about daily life things that doesn't seem important, it just a step in how they are sharing their daily lives without crossing the lines as friends. Friends sharing about their families stories are just normal. Especially for them who are friends for the last 22 years. 

And I agree that Ik Jun was holding back. I kind of glad that he did (?) because at that particular time, what Song Hwa needed might not be physical comfort and his presence. He didn't offer any long comments, just asking whether she shouldn't go home and whether she wants him to drive her home. He knew she needed the time and space to think. Based on their conversation at the camp, with how she shared that she felt guilty for brushing off her mother questions and concerns about her work as doctor or about her mother's nagging, it must also came to him that at that very moment Song Hwa might blame herself for not knowing her mother's illness. She shares how much she loves to learns and there's no way that Parkinson isn't one of the studies that she learn about. She might not specialized in that particular area because she's more into the surgery, but she knew. You can see how distress she look when her professor asked her whether she didn't notice anything from her mother's action. 

If Ik Jun wanted, he could offer some comfort. But he barely stopped himself by holding on her table (if you noticed). And when she approached her table, to prepare for going home, Ik Jun stayed for some minutes looking at her expression. As you said that longing in Ik Jun eyes could tell us millions but everything he could feel but he respect Song Hwa wishes to not cross the lines. Gah that moment is so beautiful but heartbreaking at the same time.

On 8/13/2021 at 11:10 AM, SnowBlob said:

I'm just waiting for the day when it's the other way around... we've seen twice and more situations where IJ was there supporting SHwa in times of her needs. But what about the other way around?? We saw that she came to his house to help look after Uju once ... but other than that.. she's not really 'there' to support IkJun. And I don't know..if they finally get together before I see that.. I think I will be a little disappointed. I want to see SHwa actively supports IkJun! 

For some reasons, the talk between SHwa and the son of that grandma.. where he said that his friend of 30 years just passed away..just like that... I immediately thought that..will this happen to IkSong? Hahhahhaha... like maybe IkJun is suddenly experiencing a near-death situation and that will jerk Shwa out of her shell??? I'm so bias I know..I'm just really wishing for something to happen to IJ to get SHwa realise how much IJ means to her 

Some fan theories that I have read, this might happened if Ik Sun's condition is not getting better. The fan theories are that Ik Sun needed a transplant surgery and being his brother and all, Ik Jun will offer his.

I didn't want it to go this way tough. I prefer for her to realize it herself. The nudge that she got in ep 3, from her patient's brother could be an opening. A new perspective that she didn't think of. It's not like Song Hwa didn't realize her feelings, but to take the brave step from going to be friends to lovers, that's what she need to take. The stakes of what if their relationship didn't go as smoothly as they think and how it will ruin the dynamics of their friendships of 22 years and with other boys must be also scary. Ik Jun is willing to try it so it all depends on her. 

On 8/15/2021 at 6:31 PM, abs-oluteM said:

SH has been just so busy and keeps taking on so much work that having romantic feelings or considering anything that requires her be in touch with her own emotions is a luxury. That is until now...what is happening to her mum will be a catalyst for her to rethink things. What they both have is a bond that I feel is even stronger than romance. I actually really love that Ik Jun did not hug her nor say any cliche type advice. His reaction was exactly what she needed. I am certain they will be the end game.

Agreed about this. She has been busy with her career and life as doctors that she forgot to take care of herself. Oh she did have a date with others. I wonder what made her liked that cheating ex of her in season 1 and that when he asked for break up and admitted of his affair as the reason of break up, it made her wanted to close off the potential future of dating when Seok Min told her to do so after seeing her friends with her husband. 

Where can I get my Ik Jun? Seriously watching this isn't good for my single life. @SnowBlob did you notice? Oh maybe not when you fast forward the drama.  Looks how his small smile looking at her admiring the stone grill. Maybe he has a thought it can be a good birthday present. He didn't know he will needed it earlier to make her smile sooner.

Edited by LaLa
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

20 minutes ago, LaLa said:

Where can I get my Ik Jun? Seriously watching this isn't good for my single life.

This is why watching kdramas are bad for us ! :eeeee:.

I just finish eps 9 just now. And for someone who had actually no attachment to this ship, I find myself hoping that these two can cross from friends to lovers. Finally seeing SH's feelings and perspective in eps 8 & 9 helped a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

11 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

This is why watching kdramas are bad for us ! 

Yeah I'm chatting with @SilverMoonTea the other day that watching dramas made our standard in looking man in real life become difficult. And I am currently in Ik Jun phase. Can you imagine how hard it was for her with her many oppas? :laugh:

Oh well I hope one day before season 2 ends you will fully boarded the ship with us hahaha. 

On 8/20/2021 at 6:42 PM, im0202 said:

On 8/20/2021 at 3:32 PM, SnowBlob said:

Also @LaLa some ppl said that prior to jumping..they thought IJ was 'offering' his hand for shwa to hold onto. You think so? It looks to me though as he was pointing to the puddle (and wasnt offering his hand)

Expand  

Omg I went to watch it again... Seems like Ikjun’s hand was kinda vague. So he must have been very surprised as well when Songhwa grabbed his hand

@SnowBlob Ah about this, I think that he might pointing out to the puddle to, reminding her like he did on the beginning of their coffee date. But to my eyes, his gesture is an open invitation (?) in case she needs help and she took that chance to jump over the hurdle! Well maybe she reached for his arm but because of the raining, her hold might slip so the only safe part that she can hold is his hand. And she grabbed it tight :heart:

For split of seconds, Ik Jun kind of want to let it go first because of course he didn't think that it ended up with them holding hands. But he still held it until she realised that she still hold his hands and make the first action to let it go first. 

Haa that particular holding hands scenes, you don't know how much I replied it hahaha. One of k fan even made a joke they would hang the precious moments in a gallery

It's just so beautiful and we have been waiting for anything between the two. 

@ktcjdrama change her forum dp to this. And I changed my twitter dp with their holding hands. Hahahaha

• Haha 3
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: