IkSong 👀 The Super Slow Burn Ship

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

Dear @SnowBlob since probably the one who will still visiting this thread is both of us, I'll just take my time in posting about my comments for ep 11 until ep 12 air on Thursday lol xD. Both in PM or in this thread, our conversations are mostly about Iksong. It's like a daily topic between us hahaha.. Our time difference too, I guess match quite well to give us time to add something or any other thing in each other posts? 

LOL!! Now I wonder what we will be talking about once HP finishes and no more additional IkSong scenes to talk about :laugh: Worry not.. we still have many badminton tournaments to discuss!!! 

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

I noticed this small smile even when during the live stream.. Maybe because I was using my super ultra focus for their scenes and less focus in other scenes? LOL But for the tightening grab, and heavy breath, I only noticed it after replaying those particular scenes at least 3 times. 

Oh you haven't read the card theories that both k-fan and i-fan have about that scene? I'll share it nearly in the future..  

I have no doubt you did watch the episode live with super super focus... unlike me.. :p I normally found out about those things from you or from social media posts :lmao2:

I did read some theories on the cards. 

1. Someone analysed the card games IJ played. In the past he liked to play poker = hiding his feeling; then he liked to play solitaire (patience) = patiently waiting/something along that line; and last they played 'cheat' ... can't remember the explanation on this one. 

2. Another said that in that 'cheat' game IJ definitely knew when SHwa lied while SHwa didn't know. Indicating that IJ already knew SHwa's feeling and therefore just waiting for her to acknowledge it. On the other hand, SHwa was clueless about his feeling..whether or not it's still there.. and we can see it during her confession. 

3. I think they also said how the 'hearts' indicating IJ's heart to SHwa or something like that.   

Interesting theories! 

Thank you for that song translation when SHwa was in the corridor @LaLa ! Indeed the song lyrics made that scene more 'meaningful'. Sigh... This is what happens to international viewers who don't understand Korean :P 

9 hours ago, LaLa said:

She lingered for seconds at the door, looking at the drawers where the spare scrubs and to Ik Jun's desk. Only after the second time for watching I remembered and pondered, maybe did Song Hwa remember that day? We rarely saw Song Hwa spend time in Ik Jun's office. The only day we saw her enter his office, when she delivered her answer of his semi confession in January. At this moment... Did she regret her choice of answer that day? I'm sure there must be some kind of meaning for the full shot of her expression in different angle, and the lone shot of the empty desk. 

From these scenes alone, we could see many emotions and guessed Song Hwa's thoughts. But really, it would be better or more perfectly done to me, if we could hear just a little of her inner monologue. If only they could let the viewers know about what Song Hwa was thinking inside her mind.. Not only guessing....

But Mi Do's way in delivering everything without words is astounding. Really. If not for her acting, I don't think I could many assumptions and filling the hole and puzzle of her thoughts and pov.

What an interesting theory @LaLa :duckhearts: I actually had been wondering about this: why the need to show Shwa's lingering in IJ's room??? There must be a meaning behind it.. but couldn't think any. Your interpretation might be correct because so far I remember, yes that rejection scene was the only time she spent a long time in IJ's room (were there even any other scenes where SHwa went to IJ's room???) Hopefully in ep 12, we get to hear SHwa's reasons/thoughts for many past scenes!! They both can have a heart-to-hear talk or something :smug:

SHwa's progress to open up to IJ more could definitely be seen in the last few eps. Probably starting when she invited IJ and Uju to go camping with her (although personally I think at this point of time she still hasn't realised fully that she has romantic feeling for IJ). Her mum Parkinson probably made her realise how she needs IJ? And then next ep BAM she 'accidentally' held IJ's hand....and then she gifted IJ the 'same' present when she liked him in the past kekekekeekek 

I still want to write things about IJ. But still..later..who knows you'll end up writing up first so I don't need to write any :JuiceGhost:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

On 9/11/2021 at 5:03 PM, SnowBlob said:

3rd scene: Card game/hospital room

This was an ok scene for me. Nothing butterfly-in-the-stomach-y feeling. It's a refreshing scene though

14 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

I did read some theories on the cards. 

1. Someone analysed the card games IJ played. In the past he liked to play poker = hiding his feeling; then he liked to play solitaire (patience) = patiently waiting/something along that line; and last they played 'cheat' ... can't remember the explanation on this one. 

2. Another said that in that 'cheat' game IJ definitely knew when SHwa lied while SHwa didn't know. Indicating that IJ already knew SHwa's feeling and therefore just waiting for her to acknowledge it. On the other hand, SHwa was clueless about his feeling..whether or not it's still there.. and we can see it during her confession. 

3. I think they also said how the 'hearts' indicating IJ's heart to SHwa or something like that.  

About this card game scenes.. At first when I watched live, I was wondering for seconds why these two looks serious? But wait a minute, they are on the same bed?! Those thoughts were the first few that I could remember when I saw that. But then they played a card games, a guessing games whether you can guess whether your opponent is lying or being truthful to the cards they put down. At first just like you, I thought these game was just a filler scenes and a refreshing one. Oh sure we can see them being flirty and touchy with each other ( I saw you Ik Jun, your opportunity to hold her arms, getting closer :smug:) But after Ik Sun caught them in the act and then her small comments to Jun Wan that she knew that IkSong are currently in flirting state that I realized maybe this way the writer and PD want to let 99z friends see that IkSong aren't just a close friends but there's something more than that? They have been friends for 22 years and counting, but there is this special dynamics between the two that aren't shared to others? 

Okay now about the card games theories. Similar with you @SnowBlob, I only found out about this later on the twitter once the episodes ended. Before I read the english comments and theories on Friday evening, I have read a similar theories from k-fan about it. More or less it contains and let us know a similar meaning, with the english theories more complete because they include the card games that have been mentioned in season 1 as well. :pandathink:

Card theories 

Spoiler

Okay so according to this OP opinion (rough trans)

Ik Jun knows about Song Hwa's feelings (thoughts) but Song Hwa doesn't know about what Ik Jun's thoughts at all. Ik Jun can cover up his thoughts (and feelings) so well, but Song Hwa can't. 

(Note: A connecting line to the car confession)

That's why the confession inside the car, it's not like Ik Jun didn't know at all about Song Hwa's intention to confess and found it surprisingly happy, but it feels like Ik Jun has known all along about Song Hwa's feelings and he's waiting for her (to realize it). Song Hwa, who isn't sure whether Ik Jun still has the same feelings about her, that's why she asked him that if he still likes her, whether they want to try to date each other or not.

Now the complete English theories about the card games from season 1 to 2

When I read the k-fan theories, it helped me realize that Ik Jun knew Song Hwa quite well and he's pretty sure about it. He almost can read her and she couldn't lie to him. However unlike Ik Jun, Song Hwa can't read his mind at all because she's not sure whether he's lying or saying the truth. His goofy and playful expression made it hard for her to guess and I think it's similar with how they are feeling about each other. 

For the first round of games that are shown to us (guessing the spades card) Ik Jun didn't need a long turn catch on Song Hwa's lies and she didn't even pretend to hide that she is indeed lying. To me, when dealing with Ik Jun, Song Hwa is almost always being honest about herself and Ik Jun can always see that. Maybe even back in 1999 Ik Jun knew about the probability Song Hwa liking him. I mean if not, how could he become so brave to buy a ring as a gift for her as birthday present? They were just barely getting know each other after entering the university and he already wanted to confess?! And he's like almost sure that she would accept it. Wasn't it too fast? 

Second game (guessing the heart card). Like the first game Ik Jun chose the shapes which mean he's in control. He even teased her by showing that he's indeed have the heart shape card in his hands. Although it's not clear enough, I could see that Song Hwa did have many heart cards in her hand.  Ik Jun is acting silly, trying to get a reaction from Song Hwa with them taking turns putting down the card. And I might be wrong, but from the way Song Hwa chose her cards and the position, I think she almost putting down all her heart cards, hoping to catch Ik Jun lie and made him lose. I think Ik Jun's provocation is succeed. Then after being goofy for awhile, he suddenly become serious before putting down a card and Song Hwa called a lie for it. He give her a chance to take it back and she's tempted to do so. But after thinking hard she decided to not use the chance to call back her word and oh well Ik Jun is being truthful with the heart cards.

Now I know it's already getting longer that I intended and it might sounds unimportant and repetitive since I'd probably just copy-pasting what other fans have shared about the card theories. :psweatduck: But from this round I see that Ik Jun is indeed very much in control of his emotion and won't let others know about it. He might lie and cover it up with his goofy actions, but when he's serious, it means business.

If the heart shapes are used to represent 'feelings' and if I dare to make my own theories... :thinking:

- Ace hearts card means that Ik Jun did indeed like her since the beginning and he kind of showed it a little to Song Hwa. But he hid his feelings carefully and never showed it up. Among all other lies he showed to her, he might have buried those feelings carefully in between and Song Hwa would never knew. 

- Several cards and turns from both players. There's possibility that Song Hwa might have given out some signs that she likes him but Ik Jun didn't notice it. With him playing goofy and playful around her during that turns, maybe according to her, he didn't catch her signs and she missed the opportunities for him to now and for her to show her feelings. 

- Serious Ik Jun choosing to put down the Nine hearts card. After examining his thoughts, Ik Jun realized that he does still have a feeling for her. He might have buried it or hidden it well, but when the time has come for him to let it show, he did it after a careful consideration. (Sokcho semi-confession)

- Song Hwa calling out 'lie' for Ik Jun action. She didn't believe at first about the possibility of him showing his real feelings. All these times she tried to fish out some reaction from him, it didn't succeed and she knew most of the hearts card were in her possessions. There's bigger possibility for him to lie than tell the truth. (Before the semi confess in NS dinner (and maybe during the breakfast time), Song Hwa never knew the possibility of him liking her back and seeing her more than just a friend. She knew her feelings for him but didn't know about his thoughts and feelings all this time)

- Chance to back off. Ik Jun way for her to think about her decision and see whether he's sincere or not. (Giving her the time and space to think about his semi confessions)
- Considering to back off. Song Hwa's time to reflect about her feelings and Ik Jun's sincerity. But because she's not sure and feeling afraid (you can see that the cards were quite plenty, which can signify the amount of time they spent together as friends), she prefer to take the risk and said no to that chance. 

- Revelation. Ik Jun is sincere this time about his feelings and he shows it to her. 

Gah my brains hurt in making thinking about theories.. :pandaheadstomp::PikaRIP:

I wonder those with a good brain who can connect things so easy and sounds believable. I really applaud them and thankful for those who help me seeing in more new perspectives. :SquirtleSquadCool:

Another theories from k-fan that might or might not support with my theories. The lies of Ik Jun to Song Hwa

You can see quite clearly that the card that he put down isn't heart shape. I wonder how fans could zoom in with an almost good quality like this

- Saying that he got another plan, on the day they plan to meet (and for him to confess)

- Saying that he got a plan for blind date, the date that he asked for

- Saying that he didn't know and not sure about Song Hwa's liking someone when she rejected Seok Hyeong (and also lied that he didn't know about the details, while in fact he's there consoling Seok Hyeong from his heart break while also nursing Ik Jun's own heart break)

- When Ik Jun consider to show Song Hwa his feelings, she called him lying and she asked him to not confess and just stay as friends

- He sighs when Song Hwa won't change her mind that he's lying. A regret that he has for hiding his feelings and lying to her..

Bye for now. I need sleep to forget about this theories I made up suddenly in the middle of night and thinking about happy things for next posts, which would be about the Song Hwa's hard surgery and at last.. the confession.. :pandablush:

Edited by LaLa
  • Insightful 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

WOWWWWW @LaLa you're amazing!!! Now you've become those people who can chuck out good theories!!!! :duckhearts: Those analysis require great brain power (which I don't have atm~~). 

Ok I won't be 'quoting' your post (because it's hard to quote each section and delete the rest each time)..I'm just gonna refer to what you said and reply. 

I agree with what you said about letting 99ers see how IkSong's interaction is special. Funny thing is that none of the 99ers (who are supposedly the ones who are 'closest' to both of them and must have seen them interacting the most) realise this.. but rather it only took IkSun one sighting and she knew it instantly :lmao2: Ah!! before I forget.. I remember last time you mentioned about Wng Imo. Yes..I also found it strange that SHwa knew her phone number! When did they ever meet? So this just shows how close IkSong is (as IJ must have told her about Imo as Imo is taking care of Uju). 

18 hours ago, LaLa said:

For the first round of games that are shown to us (guessing the spades card) Ik Jun didn't need a long turn catch on Song Hwa's lies and she didn't even pretend to hide that she is indeed lying. To me, when dealing with Ik Jun, Song Hwa is almost always being honest about herself and Ik Jun can always see that. Maybe even back in 1999 Ik Jun knew about the probability Song Hwa liking him. I mean if not, how could he become so brave to buy a ring as a gift for her as birthday present? They were just barely getting know each other after entering the university and he already wanted to confess?! And he's like almost sure that she would accept it. Wasn't it too fast? 

Oooooo I agree with this too (in fact I agree with everything you said ahahahaha). SHwa has shown herself to be an honest and straightforward character so people need not guess what she feels/means. Example is when she straight away rejected SHyeong and Chi Hong. She always presents herself as how she truly is. So I think you're right when you said that IJ kinda knew that she had feelings for him back in 99 because she must have presented herself that way (and now we saw some Shwa's POV back in 99 .. we knew that this is so). So in saying this, I also believe that when she said 'no' to IJ earlier in season 2.. she also truly meant a 'no' .. not a 'maybe'. This is due to as you mentioned later...that she probably thought that IJ serious confession was a 'lie'. 

Spoiler

Btw I'm just saying this because there's a theory out there that thinks ShinLee is portraying woman's 'no' as 'maybe' or something like that..anyway..if you want to know more..just ask me in DM (wink)

Another thing is that I like how you pointed out how IJ uses his goofiness to 'hide' his feeling. And perhaps that's what he's been doing too since Shwa's rejection. We've been shown how they goofed around for so many eps (which made me so mad because we didn't get any progression). He's probably hiding/restraining his true feelings too.. (hmm anyway I don't think I make sense...mianhe.. almost bed time now hahahaha)

Ok last quote

18 hours ago, LaLa said:

- Serious Ik Jun choosing to put down the Nine hearts card. After examining his thoughts, Ik Jun realized that he does still have a feeling for her. He might have buried it or hidden it well, but when the time has come for him to let it show, he did it after a careful consideration. (Sokcho semi-confession)

- Song Hwa calling out 'lie' for Ik Jun action. She didn't believe at first about the possibility of him showing his real feelings. All these times she tried to fish out some reaction from him, it didn't succeed and she knew most of the hearts card were in her possessions. There's bigger possibility for him to lie than tell the truth. (Before the semi confess in NS dinner (and maybe during the breakfast time), Song Hwa never knew the possibility of him liking her back and seeing her more than just a friend. She knew her feelings for him but didn't know about his thoughts and feelings all this time)

- Chance to back off. Ik Jun way for her to think about her decision and see whether he's sincere or not. (Giving her the time and space to think about his semi confessions)
- Considering to back off. Song Hwa's time to reflect about her feelings and Ik Jun's sincerity. But because she's not sure and feeling afraid (you can see that the cards were quite plenty, which can signify the amount of time they spent together as friends), she prefer to take the risk and said no to that chance. 

Bravo bravo to all these points! :wow: I think this makes SHwa's rejection makes sense .. in a way that she thought his confession wasn't the reflection of his true feelings because in the past he rejected her even though she obviously showed that she's interested. 

Alright, I still haven't writing the IJ part ... and won't do it now because first it's too late for my brain to write in a cohesive manner...and second this post is going to be wayyy too long to read. 

Can you believe it we're now really at the end of season 2? I can't wait to see what ep 12 brings.. I hope ShinLee won't disappoint (me) but who knows... since I'm only interested in IkSong (and perhaps Bidulgi).. I think I'm in for a disappointment somewhat :KittyMummy:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Now you've become those people who can chuck out good theories!!!! :duckhearts: Those analysis require great brain power (which I don't have atm~~). 

I think I friend my brain to the max that when I woke up I felt exhausted for no reason haha.. I'm less than capable in producing many theories. What I wrote last night was made only after I read several opinions of others and that made me thinking. 

3 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

Can you believe it we're now really at the end of season 2? I can't wait to see what ep 12 brings..

Before going to write another posts about our favorite couple interactions in ep 11, I want to remind you about a mantra I said to myself every time it's getting closer to the live stream time.. Let's just enjoy the series and lower your expectations. Throw out any kinds of expectations or speculations and let just watch and enjoy what happened in the episodes. I knew based on all experiences and expectations we had for the past 23 scenes, there were good and bad times when our expectations were met or far from it. Let's just hope the best and many screen times for our couple. By seeing them sailing we're already win and a kiss is like a gift for our patience :D.

Mkay let's move to another one of favorite scenes in ep 11. The day Ik Jun got discharged from the hospital. Song Hwa seeing Ik Jun off as her duty for his doctor in charge wasn't that change, even tough she was going to have a difficult surgery ahead. I guess she tried to calm down her nerves by spending time with Ik Jun and hoping his presence can calm her. Just like as usual Ik Jun knew right away that she's worried about the upcoming surgery and his concern towards her long face said it all. Especially when his one sided gaze to her was done without him wearing glazes. Those eyes power were very strong and intense.  You know @SnowBlob when Ik Jun turn his body facing Song Hwa, I thought we might get a side hug or even the famous shoulder tap. But Song Hwa suddenly turned her body facing her. I wonder what if she didn't turn facing him eh? :MewGiggle:

In here, when Song Hwa said that two weeks would fly. Was she saying it to warn Ik Jun to not do strenuous activity and be patient for 2 weeks until he's fully recovered, or to calm her own heart that time would fly fast and she would see Ik Jun sooner or later when he's back from Chang Won :laugh: 

Haa this scene is my favorite. :heart: Song Hwa called him first just to brag that she did well despite her wariness about the difficult procedure and the patient was getting better. She's masking her intention by asking his whereabouts whether he has arrived safely or not. After almost spending 10 days straight together with him, she's already missing his presence? :D When Ik Jun congratulated her on her successful surgery, she freely admitted it that she wants to brag to him that she did well on her surgery.

But then he surprised her by waiting on her room. She didn't expect him at all to be there. Ik Jun is worried about her, because he could see how worried she was before the surgery. He wanted to be there for her after the surgery ended before he could feel relax and leave to Chang Won. To me, by saying this, Ik Jun wanted to be there for her, just in case the surgery didn't end well, he wants to be there for her and to cheer her up. If the surgery ended well, then he could just praise her by saying 'I knew you'd do it so well'. By saying he intentionally change the ticket train so just he could meet with her, it means a lot. Ik Jun is a sick patient and rest time is something important for him to recover well. Instead of doing that, he deliberately chose to wait for her and worrying about her, not about himself who's not recovered fully from his injuries. 

Can you see the emotions in Song Hwa's eyes? That she didn't know whether to be angry or just be thankful for his presence? She squeezed her eyes tight for seconds before replying his answer with a helpless smile. I thought this could be another chance we could get a hug! I think I remembered shouted a little at my screen during live screen, "Go and just hug that man Song Hwa! What are you waiting for? Say thank you with the hug, not just holding that damn door!" LOL

Did you see how she try so hard to control her face and body to not reach or getting closer towards him? Like she just keep staring at him holding a smile while her eyes was a little bit shiny? 

There's an interesting theories from fans about Ik Jun's and Song Hwa's presence in each other room in ep 11. I wonder if you have come across this @SnowBlob ? That IkSong's room represents about their inner heart and their chair represents about their heart?

Spoiler

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

And I guess this might be the last post of mine about Iksong scenes in ep 11.. The build up for their scenes since the beginning of episode until the end was really enjoyable.. 

It's raining and both agreed to stop for a while to enjoy the rain view while enjoying warm coffee. Ik Jun back after came running under the rain to deliver their coffee and about to start his car when Song Hwa stopped him. I didn't know why Ik Jun looked so surprised when she stopped him. The way Song Hwa asked Ik Jun to enjoy his coffee first, her tone is like a cute and little bit nagging (?) or whiny (>). If I have to describe it in Korean, the way she talked, she's showing an aegyo towards him.  (this aren't shown in the video above) And after that the shy gaze they had when their eyes accidentally met after taking a sip of coffee, it screams 'It's time!' to me when I watched it live. While Song Hwa immediately turned away, Ik Jun's gaze stayed a little bit longer on her.

1st period of silence. When they just started to drink their coffee and there was this suddenly uncomfortable silence between the two of them. Song Hwa took a peak at his face before she lowers down her face. In turn Ik Jun then checked on her again before he suggested if they should turn on the radio but she didn't want to. I guess he's trying to break the uncomfortable silence between the two. The last time they spent alone time just with the two of them when back in January 2020, when they just finished a band practice. While Ik Jun is trying to break the silence, at the same time I think Song Hwa was gathering her all courage and bravery while contemplating the last chance she had before she spoke out her mind. (Look at the traffic light that is shown behind her. It showed red). When she just kept silence without even drinking her coffee, Ik Jun was really fidgeting in his seat and he tried to find something to do to just break the deafening silence inside the car. He offered to turn on the heater on her seat in case she felt cold, but she refused and saying that she felt hot (she's really burning with her impending confession towards him) and not feeling cold at all. She scolded him and ask for him to stop moving. 

2nd period of silence. This time Ik Jun followed her wishes and the long 30 seconds and more of silence between them before Song Hwa said the first word. The beginning of sharing her inner feelings and thoughts to him. (Look at the traffic light that change to green the moment Song Hwa said 'Ik Jun-a...'

SHwa: Ik Jun-a...

IJ: Hmm?

SHwa: I feel embarrassed about this, so I will only say it once and quickly. (IJ looks at her) You have to listen carefully. (feeling his gaze at her and glance back at him. Shut her eyes while shaking her head) Don't look at me, but at the front. (and IJ followed her requests immediately)

SHwa: When you got accident, do you know what the first thing that came to my mind? (IJ shakes his head, even when she didn't even look at him) I should've confessed. I should say that I like you. I should've told you this. *sigh* This what the first thing that came up to my mind.

IJ: (holding back his hidden smile and looks at her with a loving gaze)

SHwa: (as if she could feel the tiny movement of his head, she immediately shut her eyes tight and took a breath) To the front.

IJ: (followed her order but this time, the smile on his face is no longer hidden)

SHwa: So... If you still have the same feelings... *deep breath* should we... *bit her shaking lip. close her eyes shut*

IJ: (waiting patiently for her to finish her sentence) (there's a little nod movement his head that I'm going to take as if he's saying inside his head "should we..?" )

SHwa: Should we date? (finally saying this while keep her eyes shut tightly)

Third period of silence. I couldn't really decipher what Ik Jun was thinking but it looks like he felt relived? He lowers his head down while breathing steadily. Meanwhile Song Hwa was probably trembling inside. It's hidden with the rain and wiper but you could see carefully that while she's afraid to hear his answer, the silence was eating her away and she slowly opened her eyes and took a peak on him, to see his reactions. Her eyebrows and the line in her forehead shows that she's curious about his reactions but she's also afraid to hear about it. 

IJ: (put down his coffee, breaking the silence and he looks at her. He waits patiently for her to look at him)

SHwa: (bitting her lips while also being wary of what Ik Jun is going to say. But he's not saying anything so she bravely looks at him)

IJ : (make sure that she looks at him) I'm going to give you my answer.. 

SHwa: *nods* (as if giving him the sign that she's ready to hear it)

IJ: *nods back at her* *slowly approaching her while holding on her gaze*

*kiss*

@SnowBlob Only after I repeated several times of the kiss scenes (duh I sound like a pervert) that I realized that Song Hwa leaned towards him too and met him half way. Before Ik Jun's hands touch her neck, she's already moving towards him. Don't blink or you'll missed it LOL. 

Other than the confirmation kiss, what I really like is after their break apart. The gaze of the two shared with each others conveys lots of emotions. Ik Jun loving gaze at her and her full emotions gaze back at him after he brushed off her hair to see her face more clearly. The little thumb rub Ik Jun gave to her cheeks and the reassuring smile they gave towards each other, as if saying that it's real and not just a dream. And after that they buried each other head deeply while hugging tightly... Ha... :pandablush:

I'm not good in deciphering or guessing the whole emotions about the scenes, but I tried to point out the little gestures that both JMD and CJS delivered during this emotional scenes that we might missed during our once or twice watch. 

Ready or not, Thursday has finally come and soon we'll finally see ep 12... Let's hope the best for our couple!

See you after ep 12 ended air~

• Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa I did read the office theory on twitter. it sounds really good until a few people pointed out that S2 ep 11 wasn't the first time IJ actually sat on SHwa's chair. So now I don't know what to think of that theory ahahahahhahaha

I know that I should have high hope...but can't help it. After all it's the last episode.... I'll just hope anyway and I might get crushed later but anyway...it's last episode :lmao2: I just hope that ShinLee won't be giving us too many patients scenes or other scenes for that matter that don't scream IkSong AHAHAHHAHAHHAH 

What I want to see in the finale (thinking that there won't be any season 3...just give us a nice wrap up please):

• How SHwa going to fit into IJ's little family - with Uju, with IkSun. In relation with his parents..don't mind if I don't see that. After all, we're never introduced to IJ's parents at all (not even a voice like Shwa's mum). Although it would be nice to see how IJ fits into SHwa's family... again because we're never really introduced to any of them, I don't mind not seeing that either. But if they do, it will be a good bonus! 
  • How IkSong evolve from being in the friend zone to being in a relationship. More heart-fluffing scenes please...but please don't overdo it. Don't want to see IkJun acting cute or anything like that. Funny is ok...just not... you know what I mean. I can see past Shwa emerging a bit when she's around IkJun..the bubbly, naive Shwa :) But again, can't imagine SHwa being too lovey-dovey in a cute way with IkJun. please no. 
  • IkSong's wedding! 
  • IkSong living together as a family unit 
  • IkSong going camping again. This time, please show us how they play and interact with Uju. Then that little boy can go to sleep so our IkSong can have their moments alone together :cool:
  • I still want to see the fab 5 going on hiking together. Just them without the other additional partners. I just want to see their interactions outside eating and band practice. It would be a delight to see. 
  • I mentioned to @LaLa how I wish the 5 will still get together once in a while without their girlfriends (not Shwa though coz she's part of the 5). I understand that the dynamic will change now that they all have gfs. But still... 

What else did we talk about that we want to see in final episode @LaLa I feel like we talked about a lot of things to the point that we thought we're asking for too much :lmao2:

Anyway, can't watch the episode tonight but will be monitoring tweets until I need to go to sleep. 

yayayayyayayayayayay

• Haha 2

@SnowBlob Because we keep discussing about Iksong in our PM, in here sometimes the flow of our conversation are mixed with the topic in here and the topics we talked in our PM LOL.

And it finally finished... Our ship has sailed safely to the eternity in Hospital Playlist land.. For the scenes that we wished to see.. Oh well it can only happen in our mind and imagination.. Maybe one day if I get enough inspiration and brave enough to write it out, I'll share it to you first. I hope by then you won't be bored yet about me talking to you about Iksong again and again.. I don't think I can let this couple go for awhile from my mind.. They are stuck with me haha..

Our Iksong scenes in ep 12.. (Will do more detail or share some theories later. We have all the time for doing it after all)

- Ik Jun leaves cup of coffee for Song Hwa when he became a coffee delivery boy for 99z in the morning. When he just drops other coffee and left it to his other friends, for Song Hwa he specially write a message on the cup holder sleeves. 'My surgery is expected to end around dinner time. See you later ~:hearties:'. 

Spoiler

And Song Hwa really waits for him. She has done for the day and even Seok Hyeong asks why she didn't go home yet. She says she's waiting for Ik Jun to finish his surgery so that they can have dinner together. (Our guessing whether Iksong is going public or not is answered. At least to their friends, they want to openly say they're dating). She found him sleeping on her couch when she got back after talking with Seok Hyeong. You can see the love in her eyes, and the way she cutely called for Ik Jun name so that they can eat.

And the things that Ik Jun wants for them to do, like other couple? Feeding each other.. :laugh::pandablush:

He's too shy to say it himself and he can only reenact what he wants to her to do

Then Song Hwa is up for the challenge, but then fail miserably because she's too shy and embarrassed to do that. In the end, they just eat the sushi on their own.. Maybe one day when they have dated for awhile.. I guess when this happened they are still quite new from friends to lovers.. Probably one or two days most after the kiss happened?

Edited by LaLa
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Next scenes are when on the weekend, their first official date outside the hospital as couple! Ik Jun and Song Hwa are going out eating in Chinese restaurant. He lets her to order anything she wants. And then he gets call from Ik Sun. At first he didn't want her to come but Song Hwa says just let her join. After Ik Sun, Jun Wan calls Song Hwa because he's probably bored and haven't eaten all day, according to him. Well best mates of eating monster won't say no if their partner is starving right? That's how we get Iksong and Bidulgi double date. Then Ik Jun invites Jun Wan and Ik Sun to a karaoke session, where he and Ik Sun will perform as duo after a long time. 

Spoiler

Both Song Hwa and Jun Wan only have eyes for their respective partners. Oh and even tough I really want to hear CJS and JMD duet, I guess CJS and KSY duet is fun too! 

Next is Song Hwa's turn to sing. Jun Wan want to stop her but Ik Jun says no, just let her sing when it's in karaoke. Both Jun Wan and Ik Sun are heaving a headache while listening to Song Hwa's out of tune singing. However our lover boy just keep watching the performance with sweet love in his eyes. To him, her singing side is so beautiful that her voice is so melodious to his ears. And in here Song Hwa's voice change to JMD real voice in the drama. hahahaha great one Shin PD!

My memories are jumbled but the last scenes of them that I remembered is the camping scenes.. It's just the two of them this time because Woo Joo is away with Mone and her family. Maybe in their next camping trip in fall, they can go together again with Woo Joo... Iksong is sharing a tent :MewGiggle: There's no need for two tents when they can share :heart:

Talk to you later when I woke up~

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Good morning @LaLa !! Already PMed you this morning but anyway gotta let you know here too that I'm gonna try to watch this last ep before the day ends. 

So sad that we don't get to see Shwa-uju interaction at all (I want to insert angry face by dare not...not sure why..). Gahhh..if only...if only ShinLee wasn't too stingy with IkSong and not to drag their love story for too long.. we could have seen a much much more development in IkSong lives when they're a couple. I mean I thought they want to show day-to-day life of these 5???? And surely their lives don't just revolve around patients :smug: but I think their slice of life in HP is just a little bit here and a little bit there..not really patient-focused..but not really the main characters-focused either. 

Anyway..let's save my rant for later because who knows I'll end up liking this last ep as much as last ep. 

Ciao~~

• Like 1

Yellow~~ I'm back after watching the finale! 

Beware @LaLa that there will be a lot of negativities in my post so stay out if you don't want your mood to be ruined :lmao2: Let's just start with the positive things and I'll 'hide' the negative posts so ppl can choose to read or not. 

What I like about the episode:

• We got to see the awkwardness due to the status change from 'friend' to 'couple'. LOL I can so imagine how simple things like feeding each other can turn into an 'icky' situation for our long-time friend :lmao2: 
  • We got to see more interactions between SHwa and IkSun
  • We did get a camping scene again and I did write that I wanted to see another camping scene..although not quite up to what I hoped for (oops) 
  • I love the band song this week. I knew this song and have liked it since I watched the movie "Take Off". So now I think I officially like 3 of the band songs in Season 2.  
  • I think there's a strong indication that JongSu-Rosa might (in the future) end up being a couple. IkSong were definitely so surprised to know that JongSu-Rosa went to have a trip with just the two of them. JWon replied by saying that they're just friends like IkSong (but we know that IkSong isn't just friends anymore, so maybe JongSu-Rosa will not be too?) 
  • And that's it. Sigh. 

Now move on to my rant:

Spoiler

My personal opinion only:

I think ep 12 in general is very anti-climatic. 

I think HP season 2 in general is quite disappointing and repetitive. 

Will I rewatch the whole season? Most likely not. 

Will this make it into my all-time-fav list? HP 1 used to be on the list but now I'll take it off. So nope. 

Why this is so for me? I think most likely because I watched this for IkSong and purely for IkSong. If I were into the other couplings and into the stories of the patients, interns and what not, I might enjoy the drama more. But sadly, they didn't capture my interest throughout the 2 seasons. While in season 1 everything was still new including patients' stories, in season 2, I was no longer interested in them and totally watched to see IkSong development. I just realised when I watched the patients/operations scenes in ep 12 (yes I did watch them more this episode since it's the last episode)... wow... weren't they so heavy on the medical jargons and what not. So very not interesting to me to watch them chucking out those terms in their conversations at all.. And again probably this has always been the case since season 1, but due the novelty of HP in season 1..I could probably tolerate that better back then. 

So I'm going to rant using IkSong spectacles only. 

IkSong to me felt very poorly developed. Both as individuals as well as couple. This slice-of-life drama when it comes to IkSong.. doesn't really show any hurdles, great difficulties etc that prompted them to have substantial character development. I think it comes down to the fact that SHinLee made the two of them so perfect. And the only 'lacking' between them was their loveline (with SHwa having to overcome the hurdle from moving from being friend to couple). However, apart from that, there's nothing really and therefore with their love story being dragged for soooo long, what they could show us about IkSong weeks in and out now became mostly about how IJ was so goofy and funny (on top of being good doctor) and Shwa was just there ... like that.. waiting for the time for her realisation. 

They could have 'other' stories around them really, not just about being funny and excellent doctor. 

Now zooming in to ep 12 only.

Overall, I personally felt we didn't get much out of it either. 

Sure the awkwardness is cute and all.. but that's it? Camping scene isn't of anything 'wow' either...it feels to me that only serves to show us they slept in the same tent -.- Their conversation during the camping... errr... nothing there? But of course, it's better to have that scene rather than not..because we would be having even less scene of IkSong. 

In the end, IkSong didn't have any proper date at all. Their date in Chinese restaurant wasn't at all romantic and a few seconds after being shown that IkSun and later JunWan joined them -.- 

The Karaoke scene was cute because we got to see how IkSong adored each other so much... but I don't know..that scene fell flat for me too. 

Their tired-scenes in SHwa's office were also so -so for me. 

And what I couldn't believe is that we saw no Uju!! And what more no interaction between Shwa and Uju at all!! C'mon... Uju was such a huge part of IJ's life...more than IkSun I believed..and yet we're shown none of that with of course the excuse of Uju being at his grandparents' house..and later joining MoNe for camping instead...:pandarage2:

I'm lost for words and I'm actually getting myself so upset by typing this rant. So I better stop :lmao2: 

But I still welcome @LaLa to tag me with any IkSong related stuff - eg: anytime you want someone to talk about IkSong, or when you produce your fanfic about IkSong hahahahahah (you probably could give me more satisfaction with your fanfic than what SHinLee has served us with in ep12 hahahahahhahaha). But I won't lie...I think I'll be able to move on from HP very soon (again unless the 2 specials are that great but I reckon specials are normally just a bunch of interviews and BTS etc and not really adding any new scenes to the existing story). 

I want to thank everyone who posted on this thread and showed their support and love for IkSong~ Hopefully we get to be on the same 'shipping' boat in the future for whatever dramas heheheheh :wow:

• Like 1

@SnowBlob my feelings still all over the place.. I have prepared my heart for the farewell and the ending and actually at first I felt calm when the last scene came... 

But yesterday night while listening to the OST I felt mellow and even burst out just now after watching ep 12 making scenes.. 

Maybe after gathering my thoughts and feelings I will reply to you.. 

And I can't believe we still have to depends on crumbs for our IkSong scene even when they have sailed.. They cut Jung Seok ad lib.. sigh... It would be more funny and natural between the two.. the progress from friends to lovers and to prove that there's no significant changes between their two dynamics, it just they can become more freely in expressing their affection for each other

• Heart Eyes 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

Several behind the story of IkSong from the special episodes

The reason why Song Hwa likes rain

Song Hwa likes the sound of rain when it comes down and the smell of wet earth when the rain made contact with the earthen. Actually Jeon Mi Do, didn't really like about rainy days, but ever since she filmed for Hospital Playlist, she became to like rain. To her, she thinks she's going to remember Ik Jun and Song Hwa whenever rains fall. 

How many times does Ik Jun visit Song Hwa's room? 

Well I did visit her room for many times. I guess it's more than what you imagine. 

GU : 40 times maybe? 

More than that. :smug:

Rough trans

Memorable scenes for Song Hwa 

SH : The scenes where the rain suddenly poured and we were running to find shelters and suddenly IkSong held hands while trying to avoid puddles ? That scenes, unlike people in their 40s, it feels innocent and fresh

IJ : I also really like that scenes. When we're shooting that scenes, it's fun and exciting. Ik Jun and Song Hwa who were always having a comfortable friendship with each other, but at that moment when Song Hwa held Ik Jun hands, yes..

IJ : Song Hwa grabbed Ik Jun's hand first, right?

SH : Yes, but Ik Jun is the one who stretched his hand out first

IJ : Well that's true, but (he's saying) oh be careful with that (puddle)

SH : Oh yes

IJ : Anyway, Song Hwa was the one who grabbed Ik Jun's hand first. It's true that I was the one who gave out my hand but

SH : I was the one who initiated it

@SnowBlob did our curiosity get clear with this about the debate who held whose hands first? :MewGiggle:

I will do more on Friday night after I'm back from office..

• Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

• 1 month later...

@SnowBlob In the newest episode of mountain village life, in the beginning we are shown how the actors react while watching ep 11 together. We got the confirmation from Mi Do herself that at the beginning of the car scene, before the confession starts, the way Song Hwa spoke to Ik Jun showed that she could no longer hid her feelings for Ik Jun anymore. When Song Hwa stopped Ik Jun from driving and just enjoy the coffee and rain, her voice was filled with a little aegyo (?) and Kyung Ho noticed it when he watched the scenes. He then pointed out that Song Hwa was hitting on Ik Jun first :MewGiggle: That's why Mi Do gave that explanation. 

Our observation wasn't just an imagination. Song Hwa really tried to hold back her feelings for him and Ik Jun just patiently waiting for her to express it first. I guess he already knew but didn't want to make her uncomfortable. They are just flirting with their own way first, testing the waters between them before crossing the bridge together. 

@abs-oluteM I was thinking that maybe.. maybe if we got more scenes where the other boys are looking at Ik Jun and Song Hwa dating scenes, they would tease them like that. If only we got more scenes of Iksong dating era.... :letalQQ:

• Heart Eyes 1
  • Sad 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: 

@LaLa I haven't seen the mountain village life at all :laugh: Not sure when I'll start coz been just chilling watching other things atm (incl our badminton!) But wow glad to hear that Shwa was indeed meant to confess and that she already couldn't hide her feelings :wow: 

@abs-oluteM I think that would be me watching kissing scenes with ANYONE!!! I'd feel really awkward even if I watched it with friends or husband when there were just us watching (not like in the cinema etc) :lmao2: Just tooo awkward and embarrassing hahahahahahah

• Haha 2

@SnowBlob It's up to you to watch the whole variety show or just for a few clips. But if you want to know about the actors' reaction while they were watching live the drama together, for ep 11 you can watched about maybe 30 minutes from the beginning of ep 4 ? I forgot the exact time stamp lol.. Will update you with ep 12 actors reaction later after the episode airs..

It's currently rainy seasons in here.. And when the rain falls lightly outside the window, I remembered about Iksong for a few minutes before I have to go back to the reality.. 

• Insightful 1

Currently Watching List:

K-variety: