wink_

Posted By Sophie Ha AKP

A victim of school violence who was burned with a hair iron shares that the most hurtful words she ever heard are "You deserve to be bullied"

1675893023-untitled-1.jpg

A victim of school violence who was burned with a hair iron like in the drama 'The Glory,' appeared on a recent episode of Channel S's talk show 'Attack on Sisters.'

In the new episode of 'Attack on Sisters' that aired on February 7, a school violence victim appeared on the show and explained, "My friends told me they think that the drama 'The Glory' is based on my story.

Park Sung Min (age 31) appeared on the show seeking advice from the MCs on how she could take revenge on her perpetrators. She explained, "It happened when I was in middle school. They hit me and even burned me with a hair iron. There were two people who did that to me." On this day, she brought shock after showing the MCs the scars that remained from the bullying.

1675894276-image.png

Spoiler

1675894378-image.png

The MCs asked the victim if she knew what the perpetrators were doing now. She explained, "I looked through social media, and one of them became a nurse or a social welfare worker who does charity work. It makes me mad and also gives me the chills."

She continued to talk about the other abuse she had to withstand and explained, "They would take a fork and stab me with it, or they would just hurl objects at my face. On one occasion, they threw something so hard that it caused my iris to tear."

Spoiler

1675894166-12-2-35-screenshot.png

1675894159-12-2-37-screenshot.png

1675894147-image.png

The victim talked about how the perpetrators were able to confine her at their home. She said the perpetrators called her parents and lied that the victim was trying to commit suicide so the perpetrators would take care of her at their home.

She shared that her parents were both working at that time, so they were unable to find out about the bullying. Ultimately, a school teacher noticed blood and pus seeping from her school uniform shirt and alerted her parents to the bullying she was enduring.

However, she shared that there were some adults who would say to her, "You deserved to be bullied. It only happened because you hung out with them." The victim shared those were the most hurtful words, and she wants to tell everyone who says that she deserved the bullying that "I didn't do anything wrong to deserve the bullying."

https://twitter.com/allkpop/status/1623456204600258561

• Like 7

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Reporter Park Jung Sun

231e6355-a911-4fa9-8ac6-09ca9752e10d.jpg

Part 2 of the Netflix series 'The Glory' from the main character until other cast members finally been revealed. The school bullying scenes depicted in Netflix’s blood-soaking revenge drama The Glory have evoked memories of a horrific case of school violence that happened 17 years ago, furthermore the scenes stimulated curiosity with their faces were expressionless, emotions and situations of each character. 'The Glory' (written by Kim Eun Sook, directed by Ahn Gil Ho) has attracted global attention.

Since Part 1 was released, it has accumulated 148 million viewing times on the 'Netflix Top 10 website' remained in the top 10 for three consecutive weeks. 'The Glory' Part 2 will be released on Netflix on March 10 next month.

00cc119c-9e63-4bc4-81fa-7751f928621c.jpg

7e8dbc50-98e2-4a04-aa4f-90bc137fba00.jpg

<Photo Courtesy = Netflix>

Spoiler

6cebef57-1736-4a0b-bf4d-33d233beefc4.jpg

https://m.jtbc.co.kr/

• Like 6

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

a22118d9-436a-4174-b2b2-90967ba9e1b1.jpg

Netflix's The Glory, Kim Hieora for Allure Korea Magazine March issue. Kim Hieora plays the role of Sa Ra in ‘The Glory’ , the group of bullies and one of Dong Eun’s tormentors. Kim Hieora plays the adult version of the character. Sa Ra takes part in some of the worst punishments, like burning Dong Eun with a curling iron that leaves her permanently scarred. Sa Ra will meet viewers with 'The Glory Part 2', which will be released on March 10th.

0005429012-001-20230221133801027.jpg

sarah-111-022123.jpg

Spoiler

sarah-11-022123.jpg

https://www.allurekorea.com/

• Like 6

Fph78-Lta-YAA56-N3.jpg

Fph78-Lua-UAACk-Yt.jpg

Actress Lim Ji Yeon in the March issue of fashion magazine Cosmopolitan pictorial has been released. ahead of the release of Part 2 of the original series 'The Glory' as the main villain Madam Park Yeon Jin, the main bully in her senior year of high school, burns Dong Eun’s body with a hair curler in the school gym as revenge from her decision to report her to the police for school violence. after barely a minute of watching her being tortured in high school, so might the audience. it is the need for revenge that saves her life. the victim reaches out to her teacher and police for help, but the perpetrators -- all of whom are rich and torment the underprivileged classmate Dong Eun -- get away scot-free without being disciplined for their actions. later, the perpetuating violence leads Dong Eun to drop out of school and give up her dreams of becoming an architect. Madam Park Yeon Jin character will come back in The Glory Part 2 that will be released on March 10 on Netflix.

Fph78-Lsac-AMvfs-M.jpg

Spoiler

Fph78-Lsak-AEl6-Ub.jpg

40ce6502-7bf8-45bd-b143-6b9ded0a0f44.jpg

https://www.cosmopolitan.co.kr/

• Like 6

tumblr-d286e4136d1bfea22e9bb5fe96d77574-

Actress Song Hye Kyo returns as the epitome of revenge through her newest Netflix series “The Glory Part 2.” it's the small details inside unveiled official trailer, those whose fates have become entangled with that of Moon Dong Eun (Song Hye Kyo) are drawing the audience in “The Glory Part 2” about a former victim of school violence who seeks revenge on her bullies after getting a job as a teacher at the school. the captivating revenge drama “The Glory Part 2” took Netflix viewers by storm this past January, is expected to land on March, 10th.

27364174-821c-4120-8261-785e1af3c237-1.j

english subtitles on Netflix as stated below:

Spoiler

Edited by twink_twink_
  • Like 6

Fpn-H8-AYa-EAAV4-SP.jpg

Fpn-H8i4a-EAERS8w.jpg

Fpn-H9-A1a-EAETDo7.jpg

[Netflix]

above character posters featured “The Glory Part 2” star Song Hye Kyo in the lead role, one step ahead of danger in giving a glimpse held a stern yet resolute expression foreshadowing her unwavering bravery together with all the actors have surely fueled the anticipation of “ The Glory Part 2.”

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

The Glory Part 2 — one false step makes a great difference |  character teaser images

1678067746353531.jpg

1678067629670094.jpg

Spoiler

• Like 7

8fcc948828f1d7344ffa921c93d66612702f5346

By Reporter Tae Yuna

1678141815-image.png

1678141820-image.png

Ahead of the premiere of 'The Glory' Part 2, the cast members sat down together to read some of the fan predictions and theories posted online.

Cast members Park Sung Hoon, Jung Sung Il, Kim Gun Woo, Cha Joo Young and Kim Hieora sat down with Netflix Korea and read some of the theories shared on various online communities.

Park Sung Hoon began by saying, "We received a lot of theories on Part 2," and asked the other cast members, "Have you seen some of the theories?" Kim Hieora responded by saying, "I've seen many of them, and I saw some unexpected theories." She added, "The bullies are never relieved" "Being bullied can leave you feeling helpless, humiliated, depressed or even suicidal" "Some of them were barking up the wrong tree."

The cast members were amazed by the creativity of the fans and viewers and read some of their theories out loud, expressing their admiration for the imaginative ideas about Part 2.

For one of the viewer's theories, "I hope Moon Dong Eun doesn't just forgive everyone in the end." Park Sung Hoon responded, "Bullying is painful and confusing. Yet, many victims suffer in silence", "Then she wouldn't even have started it at all," and Cha Joo Young added, "There's no such thing as forgiveness." Park Sung Hoon continued, "I believe if she was going to forgive them, she wouldn't have prepared her revenge for such a long time." , "The behavior is often repeated. School bullying should never be forgiven."

Spoiler

1678141799-image.png

1678141802-image.png

1678141809-image.png

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/

• Like 6

2023031001000749000089731.jpg

The Glory Part 2 — Press conference  •  Q & A session for an on-offline global GV at Yes24 Live Hall

2023031001000749000089735.jpg

2023031001000772600091511.jpg

[Image source: Netflix]

Spoiler

0000600265-003-20230309134101744.jpg

Spoiler

2023031001000749000089732.jpg

2023031001000749000089734.jpg

2023031001000749000089733.jpg

• Like 6

By Reporter Jang Woo Young

2-1-1024x416.jpg

The Glory Part 2 has also been rated as “restricted” for viewers under 19, like its predecessor.

The Korea Media Rating Board recently classified the upcoming series as “restricted” for viewers under 19, deeming it inappropriate for teenagers to watch.

The board explained, “The first part of The Glory contains the process of the unity and revenge of victims of violence and the destruction of perpetrators, as well as smoking and drug use, and consistent usage of sexual expression and profanity also known as cursing, cussing, swearing, bad language, foul language, obscenities, expletives or vulgarism, is a socially offensive use of language.

“The drama portrays illegal activities such as aiding and abetting murder, instigating crimes, as well as physical violence and killing in a vivid and explicit manner, which may have harmful effects on teenagers and negatively influence them,” They continued. “Therefore, we have rated it as restricted for viewers under 19.”

The Glory tells the story of individuals who become entangled in the revenge plot of a woman whose soul was shattered by violence in her childhood.

Part 1, released at the end of last year, runs for a total of 384 minutes and 7 seconds. Part 2, which is scheduled to be released on the 10th, is longer than Part 1 by about 51 minutes, totaling 435 minutes and 14 seconds.

The second part of The Glory will drop by today, on March 10th.

http://mosen.mt.co.kr/

• Like 6

Part 2 of Netflix's “The Glory ” is finally returning on its second installment • Official teaser •  Highlights video.

source:

• Like 7

Content Writing Reporter Ahn Yoon Ji

0003135258-001-20230310201001448.jpg

The Glory' director Ahn Gil Ho was accused of being a school bully has faced a new phase. According to reports, the netizen alleged Ahn Gil Ho's bullied him during their middle school years around 1996 when the director was a high school senior in the Philippines.

The director was allegedly dating another middle schooler at the time when the netizen and their friends made fun of his girlfriend. PD Ahn Gil Ho then told his friends to bring the netizen and their friends to him and assaulted them.

The alleged victim claimed that about ten kids, including Ahn Gil Ho, had beat him up. The victim also claimed that Ahn Gil Ho asked his seniors to assault the victim's friend as well.

The netizen, who currently lives in America, concluded, "If Director Ahn denies it, I'll provide you with testimonies from my friends who were assaulted with me. If he denies it and takes legal action, I'll also respond actively. He's shameless."

However, other Korean netizens are reacting differently from what was expected. Many netizens doubt that the director was an actual bully because this incident seemed like a one-time happening. Additionally, netizens pointed out that the director only beat up the alleged victim because the alleged victim made fun of the director's girlfriend first.

0003135258-002-20230310201001532.jpg

Netizens commented, "To be honest, he was just fighting back for his girlfriend because she was being picked on. So, I don't know I would call that bullying," "Isn't this ironic?," "But then bullying is if he picks on you constantly. This sounds like it was one time and he did it because that guy was making fun of his girlfriend," "An alleged bully is in charge of a drama about bullying? He's perfect for the job.",

"Is this called school bullying though? Bullying is when people pick on you and give you a hard time for no reason for a lengthy period of time. But this was to teach the people making fun of his girlfriend a lesson," "The alleged victim said they were picking on the director's girlfriend so the victim deserved to be beaten," "Sounds like the 'victim' just got educated for his actions," "I think the director was retaliating against this 'so-called' victim who is actually like Park Yeon Jin, who was the bully."

• Like 7

Content Writing Yonhap News

p1065596716827554-359-thum.jpg

p1065596716827554-706-thum.jpg

This photo, provided by Incheon shows a scene from 'The Glory' that was filmed at the Cheongna Lake Park. (Yonhap)

Incheon Metropolitan Government is planning to recreate the filming site of Netflix’s smash-hit original series “The Glory” at the Cheongna Lake Park starting next month.

Netflix’s revenge thriller “The Glory,” starring Song Hye Kyo, is a drama that the Incheon Metropolitan Government selected as the Video set in Incheon to be promoted and supported. The drama series was produced by joining hands with the government last year.

The drama series went viral after releasing the first part last year, accumulating more than 172.2 million hours of viewing time. With the twisted plotlines, eye-catching cast, and immersive acting skills, the drama series gathered attention among both domestic and international K-drama fans.

With the drama series’ long-awaited second part scheduled to unveil on Friday, the city’s government is expecting ever-growing interest also for the filming site, which is situated in Incheon.

“We are looking forward to the filming site developing into a tourist attraction as a repercussion effect to the success of ‘The Glory,’ which was produced with the city’s support,” said an official from the Incheon Metropolitan Government. “We will continue to promote various projects to increase the value of our city brand.”

source: 

https://www.yna.co.kr/

• Like 6

The Glory Part 2 only drive in life is to exact revenge on the perpetrators — highlights video • images cut

source: 

• Like 6

Fq6e4-VPak-AIISGE.jpg

Fq6e6-MGag-AA8-Ww-S.jpg

The Glory Part 2” even on the darkest days, I know the clouds hide a blue sky • published images

Fq6e7xsag-AI-RVG.jpg

Spoiler

Fq6e9ura-YAAb-W9m.jpg

Photo Provided by Netflix 

Edited by wink_
  • Like 6