Castaway Diva 무인도의 디바 [2023]

Tofu

Castaway Diva 무인도의 디바

CD.jpg

Korean Title: Muindoui Diba / 무인도의 디바 
English Title: Diva of the Deserted Island / Castaway Diva
Director: Oh Choong Hwan (Previous works: Big Mouth, While You Were Sleeping, and Start Up)
Writer: Park Hye Ryun (Previous works: Start Up and While You Were Sleeping)
Network: tvN and Netflix
Episodes: 12
Release Date: October 28th, 2023 (Saturday/Sunday)
English Subtitle
Official Website: tvN

Synopsis:

A romantic comedy about Seo Mok Ha (Park Eun Bin) who drifted out onto a deserted island after an accident and is discovered 15 years later. The story will follow her journey to become a singer in a world she had been isolated from. (Credit

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Cast.

F8f-H-ppag-AAQf03.jpg

Park Eun Bin as Seo Mok Ha

She has been on a deserted island for the last 15 years. Mok Ha dreams of becoming a singer and despite the harsh reality, she never lose her laughter and hope. 

F8f-IL7-Saw-AESVz5.jpg

Chae Jong Hyeop as Kang Bo Geol

spacer.png

Kim Hyo Jin as Yoon Ran Joo

spacer.png

Cha Hak Yeon (N) as Kang Woo Hak

spacer.png

Kim Joo Hun as Lee Seo Joon

• Like 2

Park Eun Bin In Talks For New Romantic Comedy Drama

Dec 13, 2022

by AliG

Park Eun Bin might be coming back to the small screen with a new drama!

On December 14, Sports Chosun reported that Park Eun Bin will be taking on the lead role in the new drama “Diva of the Deserted Island” (literal title). A representative from her agency then came forward with an official statement, saying, “This is one of the projects that [Park Eun Bin] is reviewing.”

“Diva of the Deserted Island” will be a romantic comedy following the story of a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island after an accident and is discovered 15 years later. The story will follow her as she adapts to the world she had been isolated from. Director Oh Choong Hwan and writer Park Hye Ryun, who previously worked together on “While You Were Sleeping” and “Start-Up,” will be coming together once again for this new drama.

Park Eun Bin reportedly received an offer to play the role of Mok Ha, a girl who once dreamed of being a singer but drifted off to the deserted island.

Earlier this year, Park Eun Bin received much praise and attention for her stellar performance in the hit drama “Extraordinary Attorney Woo,” and she is also well-known for her work in other dramas such as “Do You Like Brahms?” and “Stove League.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1558414wpp/park-eun-bin-in-talks-for-new-romantic-comedy-drama

• Like 2

Chae Jong Hyeop In Talks Along With Park Eun Bin To Reunite For New Drama

Jan 11, 2023

by S. Nam

Chae Jong Hyeop may be starring in a new drama along with Park Eun Bin!

On January 12, Sports Chosun reported that Chae Jong Hyeop will be taking on a leading role in the upcoming drama “Diva of the Deserted Island” (literal title). In response to the reports, a source from his agency IOK Company shared, “It is one of the projects he has received an offer for.”

“Diva of the Deserted Island” is a romantic comedy following the story of a girl who drifted out onto a deserted island after an accident and is discovered 15 years later. The story will follow her as she adapts to the world she had been isolated from. Director Oh Choong Hwan and writer Park Hye Ryun, who previously worked together on “While You Were Sleeping” and “Start-Up,” will be coming together once again for this new drama.

Previously, it was revealed that Park Eun Bin is in talks to play the role of Mok Ha, a girl who once dreamed of being a singer but drifted off to the deserted island.

According to the reports, Chae Jong Hyeop has been offered the role of the male lead Bo Geol who has a deep connection with Mok Ha and an affectionate personality.

Chae Jong Hyeop impressed audiences with his previous projects including “Stove League,” “Nevertheless,” “The Witch’s Diner,” and “Love All Play.” He is currently also starring in the ENA drama “Unlock My Boss,” raising even more anticipation for his next project.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1562579wpp/chae-jong-hyeop-in-talks-along-with-park-eun-bin-to-reunite-for-new-drama

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'll definitely check this one out! I was excited since I heard the news @Tofu. I love both PEB and CJH and also they've worked together before in Hot Stove League, though their characters were not super close. He was such a rookie actor then. I remember watching him and thinking this guy is cute. And now he's opposite PEB! 

I think they've started doing poster shoots or something because I saw this drama location that someone saw PEB at and people were visiting it? Not 100% sure but it seemed related to this. 

5 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ooooh. I will check it out if the preview looks good. I have to say CHS's record is not really good right now because two dramas in a row I dropped. Did you ever finish Unlock My Boss? It's coming to NF too, this one.

I agree with you. I finished the badminton one, but I almost regret watching it entiirely. There's people who love it, but it really missed both the marks as a sports drama and a romance.

As for Unlock the Boss I missed it entirely, but I sort of started episode 1? Maybe I'll finish it at some point...but not if there's better stuff currently on. And the closest I got to meeting CJH in Korea was taking a photo with this....

Spoiler

enGsxUT.jpg

• Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@JenL I did try Unlock the Boss but just couldn't get into it after a few episodes.

Hahahahahaha I saw a lot of Oppa too in Seoul. Huge Kim Soo Hyun, Park Bo Gum and Jo Jung Suk at Myeongdong. Lee Jong Suk at MRT. I didn't have a selfie stick with me then so I didn't take photos with them. Lee Min Ho made it here... I see his face in Crown and the city, LOL!

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@JenL I did try Unlock the Boss but just couldn't get into it after a few episodes.

Yeah I also wasn''t super into the first episode, so didn't really contnue, though also just didn't have access to it on my travels since it wasn't on Netflix (easy to download episodes for the plane). :idk: 

But yeah, hopefully third time lucky with CJH's recent projects. I think the last thing I really liked him in was The Witch's Diner and it wasn't even a very long series :letalQQ: But I've liked almost all of Park Eun Bin's projects that I've seen, so hopefully if she's picked to be in it, it's a worthy project for him as well

32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahahahaha I saw a lot of Oppa too in Seoul. Huge Kim Soo Hyun, Park Bo Gum and Jo Jung Suk at Myeongdong. Lee Jong Suk at MRT. I didn't have a selfie stick with me then so I didn't take photos with them. Lee Min Ho made it here... I see his face in Crown and the city, LOL!

Hahaha they were everywhere! This was a whole display at a phone store we kept walking past. It was set up for photo taking so I didn't feel too weird going inside to take a pic with it :laugh:

I feel like LMH and Song Joong Ki I've seen here. Too bad they're not my Oppas. I like the lesser known ones :heiboi:

• Like 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Chae Jong Hyeop's agency confirmed his role. 

@mademoiselle @JenL I watched Love All Play. It was ok, not my favorite. Chae Jong Hyeop was the best thing about that drama. Unlock My Boss was ok. I stopped around episode 4 or 5. It's not bad, but I just couldn't get into it. He was very handsome whenever he was dressed as the CEO. I saw clips of his interactions with the child actress and they were really cute. 

The only oppa I see is Park Seo Jun. I see his face on these roasted seaweed packets. LOL! 

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Are you sure? Coz he's that guy who fell in love with the maid in some drama you were watching.... we are not talking about Chae Jong Hyeop. I'm talking about Cha Hak Yeon.

Dugu? Mine drama is it ? The one with peacock? I can't even remember his name, so I guess no. Fling didn't count :idk: He looks a bit like Song Kang yah... SK also not my cuppa...

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...