Death's Game 이제 곧 죽습니

20231115-221031.jpg

Spoiler

K5my9WC.png

Korean Title: Ije God Jukseubnida / 곧 죽습니다
English Title: Death's Game

Adapted From the Webtoon: Ije God Jukseubnidaby Lee Won Sik and illustrated by Gul-chan (English)
Director/Writer: Ha Byung Hoon (Previous work: 18 Again)
Network: tvN / TVING
Episodes: 8
Release Date: December 15th, 2023 (4 Episodes) and January 5th, 2024 (4 Episodes)
English Subtitle: Amazon Prime

Synopsis:

He's perennially unemployed, his ex-girlfriend has moved on, and he's just lost all his life savings to a bitcoin scam. Burdened by societal pressures, Choi Yi Jae (Seo In Guk) decides to take his own life. Insulted by his flippant attitude towards dying, Death (Park So Dam) comes to punish him with her game: he must experience death over and over again through 13 other lives. But if he can find a way to survive the imminent death coming for these lives, he gets to live out their lifetime. His life was a bust, but what about the lives of others? (Credit)

• Like 3

Main Cast. 

2.jpg

Seo In Guk as Choi Yi Jae

3.jpg

Park So Dam as Death

Supporting Cast.

Spoiler

F-YSNl-Eas-AEIC7-A.jpg
Kim Ji Hoon as Park Tae Woo

546.jpg

Choi Si Won as Park Jin Tae

6.jpg

Sung Hoon as Song Jae Seop

fg4.jpg

Kim Kang Hoon as Kwon Hyeok Su

5.jpg

Jang Seung Jo as Lee Ju Hun

64.jpg

Lee Jae Wook as Cho Tae Sang

4.jpg

Lee Do Hyun as Jang Geon U

556.jpg

Go Youn Jung as Lee Ji Su

445.jpg

Kim Jae Wook as Jeong Gyu Cheol

GCgh-HRAb-AAAPv-Pp.jpg

Oh Jung Se as An Ji hyeong

dfg.jpg

Kim Mi Kyung as Yi-jae's mother

• Like 3

I read a little bit of the webtoon and it's actually pretty interesting. Basically, the ML committed suicide. He meets Death (played by Park So Dam). I'm not exactly who she is as I'm not at that part in the webtoon yet. She has him live out the lives of 13 people and their deaths. If he's able to save one of the lives, he can continue living as that person. 

The lineup for all the people Seo In Guk will "play" is pretty insane too. 

Jang Seung Jo

Choi Si Won

Lee Jae Wook

Go Youn Jung

Kim Jae Wook

Sung Hoon

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sung Hoon is confirmed. 

I'm really curious to know who everyone is going to played. I can't even begin to guest because they can be anyone. 

Continuing on with the WebToon, I am now at the fifth reincarnation, a live streamer. 

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

I am really curious to know who they will all play. Choi Si Won reminds me a bit of the live streamer, so maybe he'll play that character. I can also see Sung Hoon as that one too. 

Whoever plays the murderer will be interesting because the male lead had a very difficult time in that body. There are these side characters that are kind of important, so I wonder if some of the celebrities will be playing those characters too. 

@mademoiselle @abs-oluteM He might go back to school again and play the student who gets bullied. :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@mademoiselle I think he'll have limited scenes too. In the webtoon, you do see him as the characters when he's having his inner dialogues so maybe they'll show SIG during those moments? Whenever he switch bodies, he'll see Death (Park So Dam's character) and that usually is quite the scene. I can't wait to see her approach to that character. Death is so feisty and such an interesting person. Actually, the whole interaction between SIG's and PSD's characters will be interesting because they are like oil and water. :laugh:

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle I think he'll have limited scenes too. In the webtoon, you do see him as the characters when he's having his inner dialogues so maybe they'll show SIG during those moments? Whenever he switch bodies, he'll see Death (Park So Dam's character) and that usually is quite the scene. I can't wait to see her approach to that character. Death is so feisty and such an interesting person. Actually, the whole interaction between SIG's and PSD's characters will be interesting because they are like oil and water. :laugh:

Don't set my expectation up too high especially with Park So Dam. She hasn't wow me in dramas.

I know SIG can pull off quirky all the time so I hope this time the writing is good. I ♥ him too much but Minamdang was just impossible to keep going.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

She hasn't wow me in dramas.

Same. I don't think I've been really impressed with her in dramas either. I didn't mind Record of Youth that much until halfway into it. The writer just couldn't keep it together and the storyline got ridiculous especially that ending. :GengarPout:

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Same. I don't think I've been really impressed with her in dramas either. I didn't mind Record of Youth that much until halfway into it. The writer just couldn't keep it together and the storyline got ridiculous especially that ending. :GengarPout:

Record of Youth was quite meh for me since the beginning but it definitely got worst. My fave part is only when PBG was playing the villain. LOL! That writer disappointed me as well in Temperature of Love. I loved the first 10 episodes of that drama. I love YSJ and his acting too, but the second leads made me angry. I felt like she ruined KJW's character. Jo Bo Ah's character was horrible; she doesn't deserve the sous chef's love.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 2/9/2023 at 8:09 AM, Tofu said:

The lives so far that I've read in the webtoon are:

- A chaebol

- A student who is bullied at school

- A magician 

- A murderer 

- Livestreamer

- A prison guy, but I cannot remember exactly who he is because it's been while since I read his part. 

- A good looking person who relies on his looks to get by.

- A serial killer (who I think killed the previous murderer)

I'm trying to keep tabs on the different lives I've read so I can reference when the drama airs. 

• Insightful 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...