When Life Gives You Tangerines 폭싹 속았수다 [Upcoming 2024]

wink_

Welcome

When Life Gives You Tangerines

폭싹 속았수다

photo1618819.webp

promotional image

Synopsis
'You Did Good' (Korean title in Jeju dialect) follows the story of a rebellious girl named Ae Soon (IU), and a pure, staunch boy named Kwan Sik (Park Bo Gum), born and raised on the island of Jeju in Korea in the 1950's. The drama will follow these two characters as they experience life on Jeju island through the seasons, portraying a delicate and nostalgic romance.

"You Have Done Well" will be the collaboration work of director Kim Won Suk ("My Mister," "Signal," and "Misaeng: Incomplete Life") and writer Im Sang Choon ("When the Camellia Blooms" and "Fight for My Way"). Previously, IU and Park Bo Gum briefly worked together in the KBS2 drama 'Producer' in 2015. This could mark the first time that the two stars test out their chemistry in a full-length project. 

• Also Known As: Thankyou For Your Hardwork , You Were Fooled , Life , Insaeng , 인생 , 수고 많으셨습니다
• Director: Kim Won Suk 김원석
• Screenwriter: Im Sang Choon 임상춘
• Episodes: 12
• Aired: 2024 ~ Upcoming
• Duration: 60 min.
• Original Network:  Netflix
• Streaming Platform: Netflix

• Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

CAST

Main

35-3-e1588623337663.jpg

IU as Ae Soon Young Age

unnamed.jpg
Park Bo Gum as Kwan Shik Young Age

Grid-Art-20230210-095732084.jpg
left to right, Moon So Ri as Ae Soon Middle Age and Park Hae Joon as Kwan Shik Middle Age

Supporting

• Choi Dae Hoon

• Kim Yong Rim

• Na Moon Hee

• Lee Jun Young

Edited by wink_
  • Like 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

by lo_ve

IU and Park Bo Gum confirmed to star in a new K-drama by "My Mister" director

On January 27, production company Pan Entertainment confirmed that IU and Park Bo Gum will partner up for the upcoming drama "You Have Done Well."

“You Have Done Well” will be written by hit writer Im Sang Choon of “Fight for My Way” and “When the Camellia Blooms” and directed by Kim Won Suk, who previously worked on “Misaeng (Incomplete Life),” “Signal ,” and “My Mister.” According to the production company, the K-drama is undergoing planning and it will begin its filming in the first half of 2023.

This will be the reunion of IU and director Kim Won Suk. The two have worked together in the 2018 hit series "My Mister."

The production company Pan Entertainment shared, "We are reassured to be with the best stars Lee Ji Eun (IU) and Park Bo Gum. The actors, director, and writer are actively preparing well so that the drama can touch the heart of the viewers."

1wm863-2f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Xports News

Reporter Lee Ye Jin

a43e96c3-67e6-4bda-8da3-2893b98203f6.jpg

(Photo: Harper's Bazaar)

IU glorified the cover of Harper's Bazaar fashion magazine for the March issue.

Under the theme of 'duality', the photoshoots have captured two faces: IU as the icon of the era vs. a human being. The concept is portrayed in monochromic tones, ranging from the star wearing no makeup, to bold and smokey makeup.

In a close-up interview with the magazine, IU revealed the reason for choosing 'You Have Done Well (working title)’, written by Im Sang Choon and directed by Kim Won Suk, as her comeback drama in four years. Star singer-songwriter IU said, “I enjoyed watching previous dramas written by Im Sang Choon, and the unique plot was especially interesting and attractive to me.

As a person who loves to read and write, I am particularly envious of Im Sang Choon’s writing talents, and am looking forward to immersing myself into the role to convey the messages from the script to the screens. I will be playing the role of ‘Ae Soon’ who is rebellious and aspires to become a poet even though she is unable to attend school. I like the determination ‘Ae Soon’ holds.”

IU shared her thoughts on her life in the thirties. IU said, “When I was in my twenties, I lived a life worrying about ‘direction’ and ‘pathways.’ I have to give positive vibes. There are many strategies that can be helpful if I am trying to complain less. The intense concerns were to some extent a healthy motivation and stress for me, but frankly speaking, it was also extremely tiring. After entering my thirties, I seem to have dropped my concern for direction. I am living a rich life, and at the moment the only concern is to maintain it and enjoy it.”

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

• 2 weeks later...

202302281345551910-1-20230228135804306.j

Actor Choi Dae Hoon will become a major cast member of “You Have Done Well” (literal title), starring alongside IU and Park Bo Gum. According to a coverage by Newsen on February 28th, actor Choi Dae Hoon was cast as a lead character in screenwriter Im Sang Choon's new work, “You Have Done Well” (previously known as “I Was Fooled” and “Life”), which is about to start filming.

https://m.newsen.com/

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

By Reporter Moon Ji Yeon

2023031001000812800099441-20230310150804

Veteran actress Na Moon Hee reportedly cast for drama 'You Have Done Well.'

An entertainment official said on the 10th, "Actress Na Moon Hee will be joining her new drama 'You Have Done Well' (script written by Im Sang Chun, directed by Kim Won Seok)."

https://m.sportschosun.com/

• Like 1
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1

• 3 weeks later...

Content Writing Reporter Kim Chae Yeon

download.jpg

Actors Park Bo Gum and IU’s upcoming drama 'You Have Done Well' (literal title) will be released on Netflix.

On April 4, the production company Pan Entertainment announced "It is true that 'You Did Good' will be released through Netflix."

Previously, on this day, Pan Entertainment announced that it had signed a supply contract with Netflix Worldwide Entertainment LCC to produce and supply original content. Sales and supply regions are indicated as worldwide, and the contract period is until October 31, 2025. The value amount of the contract was not disclosed due to the confidentiality of the contract.

The title means “You Did Good” in the Jeju dialect is a drama that tells the adventurous lives of Ae Soon, a rebellious character born in Jeju itself in the 1950s and Kwan Sik.

http://www.osen.co.kr/

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Content Writing Reporter Song Oh Jung

27868238.jpg

The production team of 'You Have Done Well' starring IU and Park Bo Gum has apologized for causing inconveniences to tourists while filming.

On April 26, a netizen posted on an online community to complain about the upcoming drama's filming inconveniencing their visit to the Gochang Green Barley Field Festival. The series was being filmed near a rapeseed field, and drama staff blocked visitors from entering an area because of filming. 
When they went to a different area, they were told not to take photos though the drama filming was far away. Multiple other netizens echoed the same experience, and though they did not name the specific drama, it was later found to be 'You Have Done Well.'

Meanwhile 'You Have Done Well' is reportedly premiering towards the end of 2023.

http://m.stoo.com/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reporter Cho Yong Young

00c44d67-4b67-4263-bfd0-0aa1b27ec32f.jpg

Agency Gilstory ENT, told JTBC News their promising star in Chungmuro actress Lee Soo Kyung has recently confirmed her appearance for “You Have Done Well” (written by Lim Sang Choon and directed by Kim Won Seok), which will be released on Netflix.

https://jtbc.co.kr/

• Like 1