The Prisoner of Beauty 折腰 [Upcoming]

Tofu

The Prisoner of Beauty 折腰

008fjjj-Oly1hb308patdhj315o224npd.jpg

Chinese Title: Zhe Yao / 折腰
English Title: The Prisoner of Beauty 
Novel: Zhe Yao by Peng Lai Ke
Director: Deng Ke (Previous work: My Heroic Husband, Dear Missy)
Screenwriter: Nan Zhen (Previous work: The Romance of Tiger and Rose)
Episodes: 30
Broadcasting Network: Tencent Video
Airing Date: TBD

Synopsis

A smart and clever girl from the Qiao family, enters into a marriage alliance with the courageous, sharp and kind master of the Wei family. It opens the curtains to a story about their warm daily life that also involves the affairs of family and country.

Due to the grievances of their ancestors, Xiao Qiao (played by Song Zu'er) and Wei Shao (played by Liu Yuning) were wary of each other despite being husband and wife. Their daily lives consist of endless probes and attacks and their many contests are filled with laughter and tears. After overcoming many crises, they gradually become attracted to each other's ingenuity. Husband and wife eventually join hands to resolve family conflicts and restore peace and tranquility for the common people. (Credit)

Official Websites 
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

• Like 2

Cast.

008fjjj-Oly1hb308gs8jdj32lr1qi7wi.jpg

Song Zu Er as Xiao Qiao

008fjjj-Oly1hb308wwckjj32lr1qi4qq.jpg

Liu Yu Ning as Wei Shao

Xuan Lu as Su E Huang

Liu Duan Duan as Wei Yan

Supporting Cast

Spoiler

Liu Xiao Qing as Madame Xu

He Hong Shan as Da Qiao

Li Xue Qin as Xiao Tao

Wang Cheng Si as Wei Liang

Peter Ho as Gao Heng

Gao Wei Guang as Wei Jing

Kong Xue Er as Zheng Chuyu

Wei Zi Xin as Gongsun Yang

Zhou Lu La as Bi Zhi

Ji Xiao Bing as Liu Yan

Ao Zi Yi as Qiao Ci

Wu Hao Chen as Wei Qu

Liu Yi Hong as Wei Xiao

Cui Yi as Madame Zhu

Chu Zi Jun as Wei Duo

Wang Xing Han as Liu Shan

Yao Yi Qi as Zhang Pu

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New Poster. 

008fjjj-Oly1hf2qffwn7hj348h1kfqva.jpg

New Trailer.

The more photos/videos I see from this drama, the more excited I am. The other day I wondered when it'll aired only to realized second later that it just finished filming. Haha! 

Again, Song Zu'er is just beautiful. :wow:

• Like 2

@Tofu

I'm very excited for this drama too. LYN is so lethal while SZE is devastatingly beautiful in the trailers. I always love both LYN and SZE so this pairing is like a dream comes true for me. Melon said most likely will airs first quarter of next year....:shocked:

I read the novel but I dropped it half way because I prefer to wait for the drama. This is another walking 🚩kind of ML but knowing C-Ent I'm sure they'll clean him up nicely. Btw, it's an 18+++ novel though :PsyWhat: Another clean up for the writer/s :lettalKWA:

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
On 6/25/2023 at 5:52 PM, OsmanthusTea said:

This is another walking 🚩kind of ML but knowing C-Ent I'm sure they'll clean him up nicely. Btw, it's an 18+++ novel though  Another clean up for the writer/s 

WAHHHHHHHH?! 

How is he like in the novel?! :shocked2:

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

WAHHHHHHHH?! 

How is he like in the novel?! :shocked2:

He is a warlord. Strong smart powerful and of course smoking sizzling hot 😎 FL’s grandad was in alliance with ML’s dad but in a way “ betrayed” them and caused the death of his dad and gege. He took over his dad’s position becomes more powerful and after 14 years his grandma betrothed the enemy’s granddaughter to him. I think grandma wanna end the blood feud, I didn’t finish the novel so not sure.

At first he came to her for sex only but he fell for her. He is torn between love and hate hence he is abusive. So many hearts fluttering moments but many occasions where he forces himself on her too especially when jealousy overwhelms him since FL is a great beauty. She’s A Helen of Troy of some sort.

Add.

Forgot to say that the novel is a great reading. Very tight writing and never a dull moment. Characters were written in details. I hope the drama can do the novel justice. Aside from not wanting a spoiler, I dropped the novel because I don't want to compare and gets disappointed if the adaptation is missing something I hold dear.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

@OsmanthusTea Wait...wah?! He's going to be a red flag male lead. :laugh:

Does the novel have an English translation version out? It sounds interesting, but also problematic at the same time. I think Liu Yuning can do a good job at bringing that character to life. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

@OsmanthusTea Wait...wah?! He's going to be a red flag male lead. :laugh:

Does the novel have an English translation version out? It sounds interesting, but also problematic at the same time. I think Liu Yuning can do a good job at bringing that character to life. 

On going good translation:

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/the-marquis-is-innocent/

Finished machine translation:

https://www.mtlnovel.com/the-marquis-is-innocent/

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/25/2023 at 10:50 AM, OsmanthusTea said:

Let us pray together to drama gods......

This would be great if it just drops! Liu Yuning is having his moment right now and I would love to see another drama of his get released. It always is interesting to me that celebrities do not learn from other celebrities' mistake with some of these things especially tax evasion. Then again, they probably have people do their taxes and openly trust that people would do them correctly. 

• Like 1