• Hangul: 혼례대첩
  • Director: Hwang Seung Ki
  • Writer: Ha Soo Jin
  • Network: KBS2
  • Episodes: 16
  • Release Date: 30 October – 19 December 2023
  • Streaming Site: Viki | VIU | Hami Video | Line TV | Netflix Korea

Plot Summary

Sim Jung-Woo (Ro Woon) is an intelligent and handsome young man. He was the youngest to place first in the state examination, but he was picked to become the princess' husband. During their wedding ceremony, the princess suddenly died. Sim Jung-Woo's life changed and he became the most unfortunate man. According to the Joseon period custom, he is not able to take the government post, and he can't remarry. He then becomes involved with Jung Soon-Deok (Cho Yi-Hyun).

Jung Soon-Deok is a widow whose late husband was the second son of the first vice-premier. She secretly leads another life under the pseudonym of Yeojoo-daek. As Yeojoo-daek, she works as a matchmaker and also peddler of women's items like cosmetics and accessories. She is the best matchmaker in the capital city of Hanyang. Sim Jung-Woo and Jung Soon-Deok become involved with each other, and they try to get older single men and women to marry as matchmakers.

Source: AsianWiki

Character Chart

F-ANIr1bs-AAR8-L0.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Party! 1

2023.01.19 Rowoon In Talks For New Historical Drama

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

SF9’s Rowoon might be coming to us in a new historical drama!

On January 19, an industry representative reported that Rowoon will be starring in the upcoming drama “Sending Me to You.” Rowoon’s agency FNC Entertainment clarified regarding the report, “‘Sending Me to You’ (literal title) is one of the casting offers he has received.”

“Sending Me to You” is a comedic romance set during the Joseon dynasty. It tells the story of the meeting between the young widow Jung Soon Deok and young widower Shim Jung Woo as well as the struggle the two go through together to marry off the four young maidens who represent Joseon.

Rowoon received an offer to play the role of Shim Jung Woo. Shim Jung Woo has a brilliant mind and such natural good looks that others can’t help but look over their shoulder when they pass by. He couldn’t stay out of the spotlight as when he turned 17, the princess fell for him, and he became the son-in-law of the king.

However, the the princess collapsed during their wedding ceremony, leaving Shim Jung Woo a widower and the king’s son-in-law at the age of 17. He asks for their marriage to be invalidated and requests his talents simply be used to help his country. This all leads to him entering the matchmaking business, working to marry off the young maidens in the country under the king’s orders.

“Sending Me to You” may be Rowoon’s next historical drama after starring in the hit series “The King’s Affection,” creating much anticipation. Rowoon is also currently gearing up for his upcoming drama “Destined with You” with Jo Bo Ah.

source

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

It sounds very interesting, but I'm getting flashback of Poong when everyone was against him loving a widower. Since Rowoon's widower status is invalidated, would people be upset if he loves a widower? 

I hope for a good female lead too! 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Rowoon, Cho Yi Hyun, And More Impress At Script Reading For New Historical Rom-Com Drama “The Matchmakers”

F6lvq-G2a-YAAE8m0.jpg

“The Matchmakers” is a romcom drama set during the Joseon dynasty. It tells the story of the meeting between the young widow Jung Soon Deok and young widower Shim Jung Woo, as well as the struggle the two go through together to marry off the four young maidens who represent Joseon.

Rowoon will take on the role of Shim Jung Woo, who is brilliant enough to become the youngest person to pass the Civil Service Exam. However, he is also a person of misfortune, whose chances for a successful career and marriage slip away due to the death of a princess during the wedding ceremony.

Cho Yi Hyun will play Jung Soon Deok, the second daughter-in-law of the first vice-premier’s family. She lives a double life as Mrs. Yeo Joo, the best matchmaker in Hanyang City.

Park Ji Young, who showcased her solid acting skills through “Revenant,” will portray Park So Hyun, also known as Mrs. Park. A powerful figure who made her husband the left minister, her younger brother a byungpan (similar to a minister of national defence in Joseon Dynasty), and her youngest sister a concubine.

Jo Han Chul, who impressed in “Weak Hero Class 1” and “Reborn Rich,” will play the role of a king who wants to make Dr. Maeng’s three daughters get married within two months.

Jung Shin Hye, who impressed through the dramas “My Perfect Stranger” and “Cheer Up,” will play foul-mouthed Maeng Ha Na, the first daughter of Dr. Maeng.

Park Ji Won will take on the role of Dr. Maeng’s second daughter Maeng Doo Ri, the novelist who dresses up as a man to deliver books.

The production team remarked, “‘The Matchmakers’ will greet viewers with comfortable laughter that can be enjoyed by people of all ages and genders, as well as a unique historical romcom drama that will transform the vibes of late fall when the cold wind begins to blow into heart-fluttering excitement.”

“The Matchmakers” is set to premiere on October 30 at 9:45 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki. Stay tuned!

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1

Rowoon And Cho Yi Hyun Transform Into “The Matchmakers” For Singles In Joseon Dynasty In Upcoming Drama

F62-Eotnb0-AAk-Yev.jpg  F62-Er8vb-UAAl-XVs.jpg

KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “The Matchmakers” has dropped new posters!

“The Matchmakers” is a rom-com drama set during the Joseon dynasty. It tells the story of the meeting between the young widow Jung Soon Deok (Cho Yi Hyun) and young widower Shim Jung Woo (Rowoon) as well as the struggle the two go through together to marry off the four young maidens who represent Joseon.

Rowoon will take on the role of Shim Jung Woo who is brilliant enough to become the youngest person to pass the Civil Service Exam. However, he is also a person of misfortune whose chances for a successful career and marriage slip away due to the death of a princess during the wedding ceremony.

In the poster below, Shim Jung Woo wears a purple hanbok (Korean traditional clothing) and a gat (Korean traditional hat) with bamboo straps, exuding charisma as a man of principle.

Cho Yi Hyun will play Jung Soon Deok, the second daughter-in-law of the first vice-premier’s family. She lives a double life as Mrs. Yeo Joo, the best matchmaker in Hanyang City.

In Jung Soon Deok’s character poster, she showcases her charms as Mrs. Yeo Joo with a gache (Korean traditional wig worn by women) and colorful hair accessories.

The production team remarked, “The character teaser posters are created so that the unique characteristics of Shim Jung Woo and Jung Soon Deok, who will be in charge of the marriages of singles in the Joseon Dynasty, can be clearly summarized at a glance. We ask for lots of interest and support for the unpredictable ‘wedding operation’ that Shim Jung Woo and Jung Soon Deok will create which is perfect for the emotional fall season.”

“The Matchmakers” is set to premiere on October 30 at 9:45 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

source

New Teaser

Upcoming rom-com drama “The Matchmakers” has dropped a new teaser!

“The Matchmakers” tells the story of the meeting between the young widower Shim Jung Woo (Rowoon) and young widow Jung Soon Deok (Cho Yi Hyun). It also tells the struggle the two go through together to marry off Joseon era’s unmarried women and men, who are considered older than the typical prime age range.

The newly released teaser video begins with a wedding march playing in the background as Shim Jung Woo and Jung Soon Deok introduce themselves proudly. First, the widowed son-in-law of the king Shim Jung Woo heads to Seungjeongwon (the Royal Secretariat during the Joseon dynasty) in his light pink hanbok (Korean traditional clothing) as he showcases his intense presence with a solemn facial expression, saying, “I have been writing appeals related to marriage [annulment] for eight years.” He continues, “There are no cases about marriage that I don’t know about.”

Then, Jung Soon Deok captures attention by introducing herself as “the goddess of matchmaking,” fluttering her red jangot (a type of overcoat worn by women of the Joseon Dynasty). Jung Soon Deok adds, “There is no failure for me!” raising viewers’ anticipation by foreshadowing the meeting between an experienced marriage annulment petitioner and the goddess of matchmaking.

source

Edited by mademoiselle

Rowoon Dishes On His Character In “The Matchmakers,” Why He Chose The Drama, And More

387195609-856630569147618-64609774504313

Spoiler

387105113-856630535814288-17576014920694
387819901-856630525814289-89635668970144

KBS2’s upcoming historical drama “The Matchmakers” has unveiled Rowoon’s character stills!

“The Matchmakers” tells the story of the meeting between the young widower Shim Jung Woo (Rowoon) and young widow Jung Soon Deok (Cho Yi Hyun) as well as the struggle the two go through together to marry off Joseon era’s unmarried women and men who are considered older than the typical prime age range.

Rowoon, who takes on the role of the male lead character Shim Jung Woo, explained the reason for choosing “The Matchmakers” by saying, “I wanted to take on the challenge of the comedy genre. Actually, I think comedy is the most difficult genre.”

The actor also described his character, saying, “[Shim Jung Woo] seems to be a child-like character whose time has stopped. I think he is a person who could be seen as rude due to his honesty.”

When asked about the most difficult part while portraying his character Shim Jung Woo, Rowoon remarked, “There are parts where Shim Jung Woo’s words [coming] from the historical or situational background may feel a little different from [sentiments of] the current times. I tried to express those parts without making him seem hateful.”

“The Matchmakers” will premiere on October 30 at 9:45 p.m. KST and will be available on Viki.

source

Edited by mademoiselle

3rd Teaser

KBS2’s upcoming historical drama “The Matchmakers

“The Matchmakers” tells the story of the meeting between the young widower Shim Jung Woo (Rowoon) and young widow Jung Soon Deok (Cho Yi Hyun) as well as the struggle the two go through together to marry off Joseon era’s unmarried women and men who are considered older than the typical prime age range.

Although Shim Jung Woo is the son-in-law of the king and a royal secret inspector, his hopes of entering the government or marriage have been cut off after becoming a widower. As his reason for filing an appeal to annul his marriage for the eighth year, Shim Jung Woo explains, “The reason I am filing an appeal for the annulment of marriage with the princess is because the fact that I cannot enter the government is the greatest waste of resources in Joseon.”

The teaser previews Shim Jung Woo dressed in wedding attire as Jung Soon Deok narrates, “If you entered the wedding hall with the princess, you cannot take that back.” However, during the ceremony, the princess suddenly collapses, hinting at the tragedy that occurs. Shim Jung Woo argues, “I will never be a son-in-law of the king who cannot enter the government!” Jung Soon Deok, who transforms into the goddess of matchmaking Mrs. Yeo Joo (Cho Yi Hyun), remarks, “Isn’t it terribly rude for a man to pathetically claim for annulment of marriage?”

When Jung Soon Deok touches Shim Jung Woo’s cheek, Shim Jung Woo exclaims, “Even if you’re a merchant who hasn’t been educated, how can you touch a strange man’s neck!” Jung Soon Deok asks Shim Jung Woo if he has fallen for her, to which Shim Jung Woo can’t finish answering due to a sudden bout of hiccups.

source

Edited by mademoiselle

4th teaser

KBS2’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “The Matchmakers” has unveiled a new teaser!

Cho Yi Hyun plays Jung Soon Deok, the second daughter-in-law of the first vice-premier’s family who lives a double life as Mrs. Yeo Joo, the best matchmaker in Hanyang City.

The teaser first begins with Jung Soon Deok as the daughter-in-law. She exudes a modest and neat look with her hair elegantly tied in a chignon and minimal makeup. She introduces herself, “Couples I’ve matched are renowned for their great compatibility and fruitful offspring. That’s why parents with daughters frequently seek me to arrange marriages for their children.”

In the subsequent scene, Jung Soon Deok transforms into her other persona as the goddess of matchmaking Mrs. Yeo Joo. In contrast with her previous image as a humble daughter-in-law, Mrs. Yeo Joo now dons a gache (traditional Korean wig), uses heavy makeup, and sports a beauty mark beneath her eye. With confidence, she offers her matchmaking services, asking, “Shall I try to matchmake them?”

However, even Mrs. Yeo Joo finds herself taken aback when approached by Shim Jung Woo (Rowoon), the widowed son-in-law of the king, to serve as his matchmaker. With a caution, Mrs. Yeo Joo asks Shim Jung Woo, “Do you have any children who are at the right age for marriage?” to which Shim Jung Woo responds in despair, “Children? No!”

Upon returning home, Jung Soon Deok reveals her extraordinary ability, admitting, “I can see it—whether two people are suitable for one another. I think I’m possessed,” and further adds, “by a God capable of seeing people’s predestined fates.”

In a surprising twist, the next scene depicts Shim Jung Woo and Jung Soon Deok engaging in a heartfelt conversation in a somewhat romantic atmosphere. Shim Jung Woo asks, “Then what about me…? What kind of woman suits me?” as they exchange affectionate glances.

source

Edited by mademoiselle