It's Gold, It's Jade. 금이야, 옥이야 [2023]

Zoaze

JH disgusting. He lashed out at MR. MIL and SS is insensitive and made Jandi sad. Jandi misses her mom. Jandi got a call from JP who asked about the cream bread Jandi gave him. JP came and Jandi showed JP the bakery Jandi is not happy about it. They sit together inside the bakery and Jandi is annoyed. Jandi keeps asking why. Asking if JP has a crush on her? haha. I think he definitely start crushing on her. JP follows after Jandi like a puppy more or less when she walks home. Jandi is annoyed and JP ends up running away. YJ is off to a job interview. Jandi wish her good luck. Ends with a phone call on KS phone but he wasnt there so Jandi answered. It was related to Jandi mom. Now i don't know if it's true or not since it's still early.

In the preview while trying to get a taxi to stop, Jandi falls. MR sees it and help Jandi. She goes with Jandi to the nursing home.

Episode 24 Preview

While Man-seok admonishes Gyu-cheol and Chan-ran, Su-ji steals the wild ginseng Gyu-cheol brought.
Meanwhile, Jandi, who receives a call from a nursing hospital that says her mother is the owner of the ship, immediately rushes to the hospital...

• Like 1

So weird. It was someone who looked like Jandi mom(same actress). But she was a pianist and didn't have a scar at her foot apparently. It was so sad. Jandi cried so much. Atleast MR was there for Jandi and supporting her every step. Jandi made MR promise not to tell anyone what happened today. That will cause some issues aswell. Going by the preview this is part of the reason and also KS overhearing JH words to MR to not be too close with "uneducated people".

Episode 25 Preview
Kang San calmly tells Mi-rae not to work with Jan-di. Ju-hyeok is also concerned that Mi-rae keeps getting involved in Kangsan's affairs.
Meanwhile, a drunken Jae-hyun starts drinking alcohol asking Man-seok to allow Ju-hyeok and Mi-rae...

• Like 1

MR brother ate the ginseng SJ stole. KS and MR apologized to each other. KS is noticibly slowly distracted by MR. JH yelling at MR. HR and KS came running. HS asked if she needed help. HR getting nastier. While scolding MR, HR is subtly trying to get MR to go with JH probably. Shes so jealous of MR relationship with both KS and Jandi. JP is overworked from study i think even CR noticed. But SJ doesnt seem to care. Seems like she planned to use the ginseng for JP. KS took over from the housekeeper who was tired. SS having problems with presentation. SJ accuse KS of stealing.

Since JP saw it, i think he will save KS. SJ threatening to call the police in the preview. Seems like JH saves the presentation ugh.

Episode 27 Preview
Suddenly in charge of an important presentation, Sang-soo proceeds with the presentation while sweating. However, the moment he finished his presentation, Sang-soo faced an unexpected crisis. Meanwhile, at Ho-Rang's suggestion, Kang-San goes to a restaurant with her family, where she meets an unexpected person...

• Like 1

JP told the truth that MR brother was the one who ate it. KS brought some snacks or something for Chairman,CR,SJ everyone even SJ complimented it. JH "saved" the presentation. HR sucking up to KS dad. KS,Jandi,KS dad,HR went to a restaurant but MR was there waiting for JH.

In the preview Jandi feels sorry for MR who is waiting. I think JH shows up late since it shows JH and a woman who we only see her back sitting. Also it seems to be the same place. The written preview is confusing.

Episode 28 Preview

Joo-hyeok is credited with completing an important plan. On the other hand, Mi-rae, who has been starving after being hit by Kang-san and Joo-hyeok after skipping meals due to pocket money, runs into them late at night in front of a convenience store...

• Like 1

Jandi decided to go over and sit by MR table to keep her company. KS first said no but Jandi did it anyway. MR can't get into contact with JH. They are leaving when MR get a call from JH saying he is at MR house. JH is too busy sucking up and scheming with MR family to bother give MR basic human respect. MR almost started to cry. KS was staring at MR from distance and felt bad for her. KS is definitely falling for MR. KS dad told KS to go. MR arrive home and she buys JH crap for the moment.

KS sees MR while buying food at convenience store. MR stuffing her mouth with kimbap. Both MR and KS are laughing. KS sit down by MR table and they eat and talk together while laughing. KS give MR one of the beer while MR give one of her kimbap. I can't wait for them to get together for real. Their chemistry is so sweet. MR and Chairman relationship won't get much better until she breaks up with JH.

In the preview, MR and DH run into each other. I think they won't recognize each other yet. It was after all 20 years but i think DH will suspect it. I think the key is the child hair accessory both MR and DH has.

Highlight of today :

Edited by Zoaze
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

There are 2 women here in the drama who cannot reign in their tongues. Then there are 2 despicable men who manipulates unsuspecting women for personal gain.... Urgh! *rolleyes

It's taking too long for the leads to be together. I know this is a 120-episode drama and there are still many issues to resolve, but still, not enough scenes of the leads.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

• 2 months later...

Just recently started watching this so missed all the earlier episodes, but not really motivated to go back and watch.

On 5/22/2023 at 10:36 PM, ktcjdrama said:

It's taking too long for the leads to be together. I know this is a 120-episode drama and there are still many issues to resolve, but still, not enough scenes of the leads.

Just wanted to say that I've watched episode 86, and the leads are still not together. LOL  This is definitely a slow burn drama, though with plenty of plot twist elements.

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Just wanted to say that I've watched episode 86, and the leads are still not together. LOL  This is definitely a slow burn drama, though with plenty of plot twist elements.

I am happy to announce we’ve got a hug at the end of ep.91. Finally!! They’re moving quite fast and looking back I am actually quite okay with the way their relationship develop. Feels real considering all the “baggage” each of our lead has had. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

9 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I am happy to announce we’ve got a hug at the end of ep.91. Finally!! They’re moving quite fast and looking back I am actually quite okay with the way their relationship develop. Feels real considering all the “baggage” each of our lead has had. 

Ooh, I guess I'm looking forward to the next tranche of episodes then.

Also, it seems as if they are going to match up Joo Hyuk and Ye Joo?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Also, it seems as if they are going to match up Joo Hyuk and Ye Joo?

Yup... seems like so. I have mixed feelings about it, but seeing that JH has genuinely accepted his relationship with MR is over, I guess I don’t mind this pairing. I am surprised that he was actually sincere in being apologetic towards what he had done to MR. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

O gosh... I was having a great time laughing watching some of the lighter scenes about JP’s crush on JD, but then the bomb of ep.96 was dropped 🤦🏻‍♀️ Once the MIL found out, it snowballed to everyone finding out, and I really hate seeing how downcast both KS and MR are because of the opposition. Some of the family is really so nosy involving themselves unnecessarily in the relationship, with KS’s father being the champion of it. All he thinks about is the wealthy background of MR 🙄 Stupid idiot who only knows how to make things worse for KS-MR instead of helping them. I really hate him so much!! Can someone pls send him off far far away from the life of KS? 
Then Sang Soon, saying it’s sympathy that MR is showing KS, not love. Then Chairman... saying that KS is a thief? Gosh these people!!! 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

I'm still lagging this drama by a week because I'm watching on broadcast tv, and it's a week lagged in my area. However, I have to chime in that I really, really dislike KS' father. He's such a leech!

On 8/12/2023 at 8:33 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Then Chairman... saying that KS is a thief? Gosh these people!!! 

What???? The chairman accused KS of being a thief?

As for the MIL, does she really expect KS to stay single and in her household for the rest of his life? I get it that she doesn't know the full story of how KS stepped up as JD's father despite still being a bachelor and not JD's bio dad. Her daughter was rather selfish in disappearing the way she did and leaving KS to manage it all.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Haven't had a chance to watch this drama lately. Though, I think that JD's mother has turned up alive, is that right?

Yes, she showed up. I just binged this week’s episodes and glad I did so instead of waiting daily for new episode. The episodes were intense. I even watched Friday’s episode raw. My heart pains so much for Kang San many times, but he remains so soft, too soft, though already much more assertive than before. I am glad the cliffhanger for this week ended on a positive note, credit to Mi Rae. Looking forward to next week! 

I thought I hated Ho Rang and Soo Ji, but these two combined were no where as detestable as Lee Sun Ju. This woman is so shameless and selfish. I feel really bad for Jan Di having to have and know such a mother. It would’ve been better if Jan Di has never ever known her. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

58 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I thought I hated Ho Rang and Soo Ji, but these two combined were no where as detestable as Lee Sun Ju. This woman is so shameless and selfish. I feel really bad for Jan Di having to have and know such a mother. It would’ve been better if Jan Di has never ever known her. 

Poor JD. My mother thought that now JD's birth mother has shown up, she'll reclaim JD and say that KS isn't JD's birth father anyway. I guess that the truth does have to come out, but I can't imagine that KS will let go of JD. What was the birth mother's motivation in showing up now?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

What was the birth mother's motivation in showing up now?

It’s still unclear.

15 hours ago, stroppyse said:

she'll reclaim JD and say that KS isn't JD's birth father anyway. I guess that the truth does have to come out, but I can't imagine that KS will let go of JD.

Except that it’s not just JD that she wants. She wants KS too. The truth will for sure be revealed to JD and she will have to make a choice. And I agree, KS will never let go of JD. That’s why manipulative SJ is making use of this. She lied to JD saying that MR is the one pushing for KS to divorce with SJ. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

6 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Except that it’s not just JD that she wants. She wants KS too. The truth will for sure be revealed to JD and she will have to make a choice. And I agree, KS will never let go of JD. That’s why manipulative SJ is making use of this. She lied to JD saying that MR is the one pushing for KS to divorce with SJ. 

What??? She got pregnant by another man, and her friend KS was nice enough to take responsibility for the child and then raised the child while she went off to do whatever the heck she wanted. And, now, she's back wanting both JD and KS? As far as I know, KS is a bachelor living as a widower and single father. I'm not even sure that KS and JD's mother were ever really married, though JD went on KS' registry for sure. I'm also not sure that KS ever really loved JD's mother, all that searching for her was probably for JD's sake whom he truly does love.

Such a weird, selfish character to bring back into KS' and JD's lives. Guess they are running out of story to tell as they hit their final episodes.

• Clapping Hands 1
16 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I'm also not sure that KS ever really loved JD's mother, all that searching for her was probably for JD's sake whom he truly does love.

Being the saint he is, KS probably did want to love her at one time, because she was of great support to him when his grandmother passed away. But she didn’t stay long enough to enjoy his love. 

Which is why I detest her more, compared to Soo Ji and Ho Rang combined. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

On 8/27/2023 at 2:26 AM, ktcjdrama said:

Being the saint he is, KS probably did want to love her at one time, because she was of great support to him when his grandmother passed away. But she didn’t stay long enough to enjoy his love. 

Which is why I detest her more, compared to Soo Ji and Ho Rang combined. 

Wow, JD's birth mother has some nerve! I'm happy at least her younger sister is calling her out on it, versus the mother-in-law who just wants all her chicks together again, even if it means sacrificing KS' happiness.

I am curious as to how the MIL is going to react when she finds out the extent of KS' sacrifices for her daughter, for JD, and even for herself after her daughter decided that she was going to run away and disappear to take care of herself only.

I do understand JD's longing to be with her birth mother, and part of me thinks that perhaps she should stay with her birth mother and grandmother, and let KS go create a new, loving family with MR. It's really time for him to be part of a family who values him and places him first. I think that JD and her grandmother do love KS, but that he's always been a bit taken for granted and an afterthought with little importance placed on his happiness.

• Clapping Hands 1
On 9/2/2023 at 11:54 PM, stroppyse said:

I am curious as to how the MIL is going to react when she finds out the extent of KS' sacrifices for her daughter, for JD, and even for herself after her daughter decided that she was going to run away and disappear to take care of herself only.

Probably just wailing and screaming again but will do nothing to help KS. She is too blinded by her second daughter. As a mother, I will grill SH for what happened to her where has she been why she hasn’t contacted the family even once if she is alive and well. I have mourned for her and was devastated with her death, I want to know why she puts me through all those.

I really miss KS smiles. Even with all the difficulties he faced in the beginning, he still manage to smile, but this SJ thing has totally suck dry every single bit of joy left in him. All we see now is him sighing and heaving.  

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Probably just wailing and screaming again but will do nothing to help KS. She is too blinded by her second daughter. As a mother, I will grill SH for what happened to her where has she been why she hasn’t contacted the family even once if she is alive and well. I have mourned for her and was devastated with her death, I want to know why she puts me through all those.

True. Her return from being "dead" was way too easy. I would have thought that her family would want more answers of where she had been and why she had cut them off for so long.

21 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I really miss KS smiles. Even with all the difficulties he faced in the beginning, he still manage to smile, but this SJ thing has totally suck dry every single bit of joy left in him. All we see now is him sighing and heaving.  

Even though I understand that KS feels a lot of pressure right now, with his dead wife being back alive and wanting them to be a cozy family unit and all, which is exactly what his daughter and his wife's family all want. The only one who doesn't want KS to get back with his wife is his father, and that is because the father is unabashedly greedy for MR's family's money.

MR and KS will be together in the end, but it's just one hurdle after another. I think my issue with this couple is that they were so slow to get together in the first place, so we haven't had that many episodes with them being able to enjoy being a couple. I'm happy that they are still holding fast as a couple, but they need some more sweet alone time together where they can just enjoy each other.

• Like 1

@stroppyse where are you now with the episode? I am wondering if you remember the scene when SJ was talking on the phone with her lawyer... I think I watched that episode raw, and didn't quite catch what she said to the lawyer. I want to know more about what her marital status is. Husband dead, leaving inheritance for her? Or divorced? 

Too lazy and difficult to rewatch to find that episode. Not important though if you don't remember, since I believe it will be revealed again later. 

• Like 1

MTDzeiV.gif

16 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

@stroppyse where are you now with the episode? I am wondering if you remember the scene when SJ was talking on the phone with her lawyer... I think I watched that episode raw, and didn't quite catch what she said to the lawyer. I want to know more about what her marital status is. Husband dead, leaving inheritance for her? Or divorced? 

Too lazy and difficult to rewatch to find that episode. Not important though if you don't remember, since I believe it will be revealed again later. 

I don't remember that scene, so I don't think I've reached that episode yet. Once I watch it, I'll comment on it. Was it recently, or from awhile ago?

• Like 1