Bo Ra! Deborah / True To Love 보라! 데보라 [2023]

wink_

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

perhaps you may wanna check this one out. 

Already watching... :smile: just haven't got time to write down comments.

8 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

The conversations are fast & furious,

Yes they are! I thought I was the only one feeling that. I had to rewind some parts to fully follow what they're saying. YIN voice is as usual, always so soothing to listen to. 

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

@ktcjdrama  I was expecting you would likely check this out since I know we both like YIN. :cool:

I know that LSH would think that Bora was responsible for Yuri leaving him but I think what Bora said in the show was quite right. LSH thinks he likes/loves  Yuri and expects her to be able to see that. But the truth is that he wasn't that into her. If a guy was truly into a girl, he would not make things so vague and he would have just whipped out that ring to propose to her. He was holding back in the last 4 years and even when it mattered , he was still holding back. Bora did them a favour. Also it is interesting that Bora got cheated on. Even a love guru cannot forsee that. Very interested to see her next "strategy". 

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Ft05-Cg8a-EAAWOCy.jpg

@abs-oluteM  🌹yes to being a Yoo In Na enthusiast if I ever get the opportunity to meet her by person. l'm also watching this for her. here, I'm thinking I've watched all her dramas, she is just as beautiful and adorable as she was back then. talking about her character, I can't imagine how anyone can cheat on her but, somehow men find the audacity. this very much feels like how classic feeling good k-drama rom-com used to be. she does strong yet vulnerable so well. indeed, I highly recommend that show, if only for her. I love all of Bo Ra's daydreams and how elaborate they get. they did it a lot with the expectations vs reality bit and the music stopping, starting... comedy gold. enjoying it and tomorrow can't come soon enough.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

It's quite fun @abs-oluteM@ktcjdrama. The poster looks really bland, but glad the drama is not. 

They really a sworn enemy right now, wonder how they're going to make it happen romantically for them 😅 So far love all their banter, especially when she sing Miss A's song 🤣

Surprise that it's JSW on supporting role, and wonder if he will be with her bf later? Her husband seems not madly in love with her, and just say yes after she propose? 

I hope this continue to be entertaining. Look forward how this will be progressing. 

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

img.gif

[episode 3 pre-release] as “Bo Ra! Deborah” says in the series, there are certain rules in dating life. | undisclosed cuts • teaser images

Edited by wink_
  • Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

released on April 12, ENA rom-com series “Bo Ra! Deborah” has also available to join the race for the Wednesday and Thursday slots via TVing. ~ recap clip 

• Like 5
  • Party! 1

e953776954af906707f3ebd5b5621e50edcb875d

[Prime Video]

love moments of “Bo Ra! Deborah” through the ups and downs. | preview teaser • images cut

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mimjol5q.jpg

[episode 4 pre-release] seeing the gentler side of someone to “Bo Ra! Deborah”  can't seem hard-hearted that could spark romance.

• Like 5
  • Clapping Hands 1

“Bo Ra! Deborah”  their heart will be healed — what more could they ask for? • recap episode • released stills.

source:

• Like 6

There was this scene at the end of episode 3 where she & her now ex got on the garbage truck. It was so funny that I was laughing quite a bit. But it was also really sad at the same time. Ju Wan as shameless as he is, made a couple of good points or was at least being honest with her & himself.  Their relationship was not exactly built on the right foundation . There was no genuine love and it was too much of a show. And once Bora gets to the acceptance stage of her  grief , she'll realise that their relationship, like garbage, isn't worth salvaging. 

I thought the drama spent a bit too much time on the post-break up but I guess it is a rom-com , and they needed to show her massive downfall. They really wanted to bring her down from the high horse she was sitting on - so not only did she suffer a break-up but she committed career suicide too all in one swoop. I do feel sorry but then again perhaps this entire experience will turn out to be a blessing as Bora likely needed to realise that life and relationships need genuine connections & communication, not strategies and "manipulations" .  

As to Su Hyeok, it's quite clearl he's a nice guy who doesn't actually like things that are superficial. He was very sweet carrying her in kdrama style at that event. And I like that he didn't say much but gave her space to "save face' - not that there's much face left to save. I think Su Hyeok's main issue is that he's needs to be a better communicator - that was a clear problem in his previous relationship and also when dealing with his female colleague.

@SilverMoonTea I am not that interested in all the other side stories or love lines. I actually want more of Su Hyeok and Bora's interactions. I think there's something that I genuinely like about their pairing . I hope she will quickly get over this break-up start to rebuild her career and that the lead's relationship can develop.

• Clapping Hands 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

@abs-oluteMit drive me mad too that she didn't really applied all the preach to her own relationship. She still want to accept him if he beg to her to be back? The way he let her go and choose to send the mistress back home is so telling. 

The sister seems so immature, but I was surprise she's so attentive to Bora during the breakup. I think they're just quarel on the surface but they do care about each other deeply. 

I actually quite like that they make Bora so depressed with the ending of her relationship, it makes her more vulnerable and relatable. It was 3 years long relationship afterall. It seems despite of her effort to play it cool with JW, he still can felt her high hope on him and its suffocate him. 

He looks so good carrying her in that gold dress. And duh by end of ep 4 nothing much happened 🫡 Next episode looks fun though... 

1 hour ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think there's something that I genuinely like about their pairing . 

Me too. YHM actually one of the actor that normally will have chemistry with anyone he paired up with. Quite manly and versatile. 

• Heart Eyes 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I thought the drama spent a bit too much time on the post-break up

I thought so too. Although they want to show it more realistically, I cannot believe they spent 2 whole episodes on this. The main leads’ interaction is sooo limited. But I still am enjoying the drama. 

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The sister seems so immature, but I was surprise she's so attentive to Bora during the breakup. I think they're just quarel on the surface but they do care about each other deeply. 

Yeah it’s interesting, and I did notice it at the beginning when Bora was fiercely scolding Bomi in the room for using her clothes but when Bomi told her about the other dress, Bora had forgotten and actually asked for Bomi’s opinion if that other dress is really better. It’s so subtle but transitioned naturally at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

IMG-20230413-153826.jpg

4 minutes ago, Hermespups said:

I'm New Here.How many episodes will BoRA be?

@Hermespups .., welcome to the thread. 💐 Deborah will feature 14 episodes. we'll have to keep waiting for one true love story. 😉

• Like 7
  • Heart Eyes 1

img-2.gif

[episode 5 pre-release] kind-hearted dating coach “Bo Ra! Deborah” tries to justify the inner behavior as a mere mistake.

Edited by wink_
  • Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 1

img-1.gif

“Bo Ra! Deborah” OST No 2 singer-songwriter Bily Acoustie. his an impassioned rendition of “I'll Turn Around” induces a lovely reverie, fuelled by the deep emotion of the song's lyrics.

Edited by wink_
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

img-4.gif

Content Writing Reporter Kang Bo Rah

441772-712516-1212.jpg

ENA

Last December 19th, it was revealed through a representative from agency YG Entertainment that iKON's Junhoe will be appearing in ENA “Bo Ra! Deborah.”

Junhoe portrays the character of Yang Jin Ho who charmed netizens with his bright smile and "golden retriever" energy during his scenes with his on-screen partner. Jin Ho, as portrayed by Junhoe is great at many things including sports and cooking yet he was not able to find the thing he wanted to do most yet he wanted to pursue a fateful love.

Meanwhile, ENA's rom-com “Bo Ra! Deborah” has received high praise for its storytelling and for showcasing iKON's Junhoe acting skills.

http://www.slist.kr

Edited by wink_
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1