Bo Ra! Deborah / True To Love 보라! 데보라 [2023]

wink_

[episode 6 pre-release] this episode served as a nice breather between the love and the start of her time “Bo Ra! Deborah” 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

Bora is becoming very clingy and seems so hard to move on from her cheating ex. It's from ep 4 she weeps and begs him to come back. But strangely I still have some lots patience for her. Hopefully she can get over her heartbreak soon or at least stop crying here and there like that. I like YIN and YHM here so please writer stop this frustrating break up soon. Let us see her start over her life and career. 

• Like 3

img-1.gif

listen to “Bo Ra! Deborah” OST No 3 “The One Who Wins” has sung by Lee So Jung and Dailog – OST No 4 “Again” titled were released. 

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
I got hater in my comment. as usual, the hater rotates my sentences. I've to change 'depict' word or I'll erase whole sentences. I felt the bullies or hater gave me disturbance.
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan

img-2.gif

“Bo Ra! Deborah”  showing the messiness of breakups must be painful. • highlights

Spoiler

Edited by wink_
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

img.gif

official teaser trailer • “Bo Ra! Deborah” back on track of reunited love. 

Edited by wink_
  • Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 3

It was really hard to watch Bora hit rock bottom at the end of eps 5 but the silver lining in eps 5 is really the interactions between her & Su Hyeok . The drama’s best bits for me are always when they meet . Su Hyeok unwittingly becomes her knight in shining armor each time. He often  sees her at her lowest but yet each time he’s able to offer some form of comfort to her . He may be so called socially inept ( that was his character description) , but I feel he’s able to connect emotionally with her . 

Though the drama shouldn’t have dragged her heartbreak as long as it had , I am glad that she picks herself up in eps 6.  Even Su Hyeok is getting over his ex . So I  am expecting things to pick up between them going forward. 

Another thing I like is the sister . I know she can be quite a brat at times , but deep down these sisters have a strong bond. You can tell she was very worried for her big sis throughout the last few episodes. And thankfully she’s smart enough not to just throw those things and sold them instead 😂😂

——

Our leads at the Baeksang 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Ep.6 is the best so far for me... I Iove the part depicting Bora has hit rock bottom and there is no way to go except up. That whole scene in the bathroom with her sister was very well done. The shoot of her hand touching the base of the tub, the way her sister picked her up and led her out of the bathtub... I really appreciate the narration and scenes there. And yes, these two have a strong bond @abs-oluteM I was also cheering when Bo Mi decided to sell the stuff. I would do that too. I cannot believe that Bora was even throwing away all the jewelries. And an Alaia bag!!

I also love seeing Bora finally picking herself up (after 3 long episodes!!) and it is done believably. I feel that Bora will be an even better advisor on dating now that she has gone through a breakup like what she experienced. Love seeing SH not being able to ignore anything about Bora anymore. He is already in deep... I mean, he actually transferred money for her! And I have lost count how many times they talked about “let’s not see each other again” 🤣 They must’ve jinxed it. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

6 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

He is already in deep... I mean, he actually transferred money for her! And I have lost count how many times they talked about “let’s not see each other again” 🤣 They must’ve jinxed it. 

The fact that he transferred money without thinking is such a strong indicator of how he feels for her. I won't go as far as to say he sees her romantically but she is "permeating" his subconscious :lenny:  or something. I can't wait to see them work together. 

They have some nice OSTs

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

img.gif

“Bo Ra! Deborah”  the sombre breakup period and solidly into the healing phase. | recap episode

Spoiler

• Like 6

On 4/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I mean, he actually transferred money for her! And I have lost count how many times they talked about “let’s not see each other again” 🤣 They must’ve jinxed it. 

SH seems very upset with that scam incident. I believe it's not because of the money value, but more like he felt shameful that he's caring for her so much until willing to transfer the money? Also I'm not sure is he still in contact with the scammer? And it was LOLs that actually he helped SJ from also being scammed with the stock rumour in gym? 

On 4/28/2023 at 11:18 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Ep.6 is the best so far for me... I Iove the part depicting Bora has hit rock bottom and there is no way to go except up.

Even she might be depicted for moping for too long, but in true life break up is hard to do, so I felt it's quite tolerable and I actually almost crying with her. And yes love her sister and their bond, I think it's nice that they also focusing on their sisterhood. 

What I don't like from this drama is SJ and Uri's story. I'm not sure what they're trying to bring their relationship into? I'm a bit annoyed with Uri, seems so naive. That best friend's husband also annoyed me, she should just divorce him. And sister admirer I also don't like him. Like @abs-oluteMsaid we don't care about side couple 😅, so drama please just give more of SH & BR. 

• Thanks 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

Fu0o-LMDa-QAEEEE4.jpg

“Bo Ra! Deborah” instantly brighten up her day. | character teaser images

• Like 5
  • Heart Eyes 2

img.gif

[episode 8 pre-release] “Bo Ra! Deborah” reconsider the choices to make changes into life. ~ teaser trailer

• Like 3
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

The plot really moving in snail pace with so may story fillers. I'm a bit frustated actually at this point now. 

I thought it's getting better ...ahahahah at least now she has decided to pick herself up again. I am not sure if getting revenge by making her ex want her back is the best way to go , but I guess she needs to spin this to write a juicy book in order to secure the contract. I don't think she gets it yet that it has nothing to do with whether she is old or used the wrong strategy etc. If a guy is not into you, he will have every excuse in the world to cheat or not commit. So I think that is something she will learn in later episodes. 

I somewhat don't pay attention to the other side stories but I do love all the interactions between her and SuHyeok. That negotiation scene when she came to sign her contract cracked me up since both her and CEO was trying to get the best deal given the situation . But the highlight is most definitely the scene she needed to pee. I laughed so hard here :laugh:. What I love about them is that they have the best most honest conversations with each other, but he also sees her in the most embarrasing situations. If he can see her like this and still like her, it has got to be true love. :lmao2:

Spoiler

• Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

What I love about them is that they have the best most honest conversations with each other, but he also sees her in the most embarrasing situations. If he can see her like this and still like her, it has got to be true love. :lmao2:

The pee moment is really new and fresh for any romcom plot :lmao2:

And it's more on him seeing her embarassing moment, not so much on vice versa :laugh:

I gotta say I like their progress and story, but really hard to watch other couple. 

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I don't think she gets it yet that it has nothing to do with whether she is old or used the wrong strategy etc. If a guy is not into you, he will have every excuse in the world to cheat or not commit. So I think that is something she will learn in later episodes. 

When conversing to SH, she seems realising her mistake for being desperate and on liking him more. But when she drunk she will regressing back to notion that all man is jerk and that they leave because she is old :lmao2:

I'm looking forward to see more of SH point of view too. I felt the show didn't give much of his true characters as it got zapped by BR super chaotic energy :lenny: And I didn't mind to see her ex back into picture. Chansung is so amusing and got great comedic timing. 

• Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

img-1.gif

[9th pre-release] “Bo Ra! Deborah” stunned with these heart-pounding feeling unintentionally.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3
  • Party! 2

The entire build up to the kiss ( which was so unexpected) was really good . There was plenty of tension there . :wow:

Though from the preview the ship ain’t sailing yet 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Yes the build up to the kiss was nice... I've been wondering when is this "iron man" SH gonna be attracted to Bora... Finally, haha.... But what I love most from this week's episodes is the way she "broke-up" with her ex again. I find that making a point to leave a good last impression on someone is very valid. So I'm so happy she held herself really well when breaking up with him :cool: For me, this action alone made up for her 3 episodes of moping. 

The pee scene was really funny for me, but seems like many people are appalled by YIN agreeing to do such scene :thinking: I personally think this is something that can really happen in real life :laugh: and I appreciate the novelty of it. 

• Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

he pee scene was really funny for me, but seems like many people are appalled by YIN agreeing to do such scene :thinking: I personally think this is something that can really happen in real life :laugh: and I appreciate the novelty of it.

The pee scenario was iconic and I will never forget it ever. It was so real...and yes it is something that could happen IRL but not something you will ever see in the dramas. It was great comedy.

I just finished eps 8 which of course ended on a high with that kiss. The tension between them was already building up for awhile now. Somewhat accelerated when she was telling him how she'd seduce a man. :GrowDerp:. But this scene sealed the deal for SH...his change in expression here was evident. 

Spoiler

@SilverMoonTea I am surprised that the ex's perspective has not been shown. Chan Sung is part of the main cast , and I was expecting abit more character development for him. While I don't pay much attention to the other love lines, I find "destiny" couple quite cute and don't mind their scenes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

img.gif

showing off his crisp and sweet vocals in 'Half & Half', singer-songwriter Kang Seung Yoon voice makes listeners melt. full of adorable lyrics, this song perfectly sums up 'Bo Ra! Deborah' OST No. 5

Spoiler

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1