Doctor Slump 닥터슬럼프 [2024]

412952772-894984035330742-77411448003657

Spoiler

GBrBWt9bQAAWPzT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Plot Summary

During his school days, Yeo Jung-Woo (Park Hyung-Sik) always placed first in academics and he studied at the top medical school in the country. Yeo Jung-Woo is now a popular plastic surgeon. His life goes smoothly, but, due to a mysterious medical accident, his life is pushed to the edge. At this time, he meets Nam Ha-Neul (Park Shin-Hye). She was a rival in his past and he meets her at the lowest point in his life.

Nam Ha-Neul works as an anesthesiologist. When she was growing up, people called her a genius due to her extreme intelligence. She studied hard and became a doctor. Her life consists of only work and studying. She doesn't have any time to experience fun. One day, Nam Ha-Neul realizes she isn’t happy with her life and she wants to make a change. At this time, she meets Yeo Jung-Woo during one of the worst moments in her life. They comfort each other and a romantic relationship blossoms between them (source: AsianWiki).

Cast

20240124_095931_0817.jpg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

Park Hyung Sik And Park Shin Hye Confirmed To Reunite For New Drama + Yoon Bak And Gong Sung Ha Also Join Cast

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Park Hyung Sik, Park Shin Hye, Yoon Bak, and Gong Sung Ha have been confirmed for JTBC’s upcoming drama “Doctor Slump” (literal title)!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way. The two who will spend both their brightest and lowest times together raise anticipation for how they will depict their search for happiness.

“Doctor Slump” will also mark the reunion between Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye in a drama for the first time in 10 years since their hit project “Heirs.” The drama will also be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong of “Find Me in Your Memory” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and written by scriptwriter Baek Sun Wo of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

Park Hyung Sik will play the role of Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the greatest slump in his life. Having been the top student of his entire school, Yeo Jung Woo attended the best medical school, and he bcame a star doctor with great skills and outstanding character. However, he gets pushed to the edge following a mysterious medical accident.

Regarding his upcoming role, Park Hyung Sik shared, “I am both nervous and excited because it’s my first rom-com in a while. I’m glad and excited to meet actress Park Shin Hye after a long time and to work together again.” The actor asked viewers to support the drama, promising to deliver a story that will bring smiles and touching feelings.

Park Shin Hye will play anesthesiologist Nam Ha Neul who is experiencing burnout syndrome. Having been called a genius since a young age, she lived her life immersed in her studies. Even as an adult, she is a workaholic doctor, living a life without fun and without knowing how to do anything except study and work. However, she suddenly resolves to change one day while looking back on her broken life.

On her upcoming role, the actress shared, “Anyone can fall into a slump in their lives. I tend to think a lot about how to wisely overcome that moment and to live in good health, so I related to the figure of Nam Ha Neul. I felt a sense of familiarity with the situation she faced, so I was more attracted to her. I will work hard to film so that I can deliver comfort to the many people who have become tired in life.”

Yoon Bak will play plastic surgeon Bin Dae Young who is both pretentious and pitiful. He has a one-sided sense of rivalry with the successful Yeo Jung Woo, who attended the same college as him, but he is also a figure who understands Yeo Jung Woo better than anyone else. Although he is arrogant and has a strong sense of pride, you can’t bring yourself to hate him as he shows both his sincere yet slick personality. Yoon Bak shared that he was highly anticipating the project after meeting such a great director and cast. He elaborated, “I will prepare well in order to make an enjoyable drama. I hope we can wrap up [the project] successfully without any big incidents until the end.”

Gong Sung Ha, who recently impressed with “Through the Darkness,” will play Nam Ha Neul’s best friend and OB/GYN (obstetrics and gynecology) anesthesiologist Lee Hong Ran who has been with Nam Ha Neul from her college days to her residency days. She becomes strangely intertwined with Bin Dae Young, who is similar to her despite the obvious differences. Gong Sung Ha shared, “I am grateful to have been given the role of Lee Hong Ran, and I also feel a sense of responsibility. With this character’s bright energy, I want to put in all my heart to make a great project with precious people. Please anticipate Gong Sung Ha’s Lee Hong Ran.”

source

@abs-oluteM 😭

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

But you opened the thread anyhow. :laugh: Don't worry , I will surely watch for our PHS. Aiksss is Yoon Park 2nd lead again . As long as no love triangle and he has a meaty role. This guy has been 2nd lead for tooooooo long. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

19 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

But you opened the thread anyhow. :laugh: Don't worry , I will surely watch for our PHS. Aiksss is Yoon Park 2nd lead again . As long as no love triangle and he has a meaty role. This guy has been 2nd lead for tooooooo long. 

I'm doing it for Oppa. Hahahaha

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 3/14/2023 at 5:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

At this time, she meets Yeo Jung-Woo during one of the worst moments in her life. They comfort each other and a romantic relationship blossoms between them

Sounds light and fun, 😆 plus this time we can see handsome HS in white robe. 

On 3/16/2023 at 10:47 AM, Mizv said:

kinda weird seeing PHS romantically with PSH. I think I will cringe seeing them puck lips.  Nevertheless this will be good hopefully 

Kinda worried for this too. Since she is famous for her dead fish kiss style, deer caught in the headlight, whatever they call 🤣

But but but, please a good slow burn romance! I'm getting tired of instant romance with overload skinships scenes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
On 3/16/2023 at 11:47 AM, Mizv said:

kinda weird seeing PHS romantically with PSH. I think I will cringe seeing them puck lips. 

Agree with you here. And PSH has always been a bad on screen kisser too… hahaha.. gee… I think it has a lot to do with K-culture and how they don’t date openly to “feed” the shipping community. So once they do and are “off the market” - and in this case she’s married - there is no “ship” to be had and so it just all ends up being “weird”. It’s a cycle and culture they create for themselves. But I am nevertheless a fan of PHS and would like to see how this drama turns out for him.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2023 at 11:22 PM, Tofu said:

I watched it for the Im Siwan moment. LOL!! 

But yeah, he has lost weight! I guess when you're the top student in medical school, you probably don't have time to eat. :idk:

Park Hyung Sik & Im Siwan are the OTP

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 5
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Park Shin Hye, Park Hyung Sik, And More Showcase Perfect Chemistry At Script Reading For Upcoming Rom-Com

doctor-slump.jpg

Upcoming JTBC drama “Doctor Slump” is gearing up for its premiere!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

“Doctor Slump” also marks the reunion between Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye in a drama for the first time in 10 years since their hit project “Heirs.” The drama will be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong of “Find Me in Your Memory” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and written by scriptwriter Baek Sun Woo of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

Along with director Oh Hyun Jong and scriptwriter Baek Sun Woo, actors Park Hyung Sik, Park Shin Hye, Yoon Bak, Jang Hye Jin, Hyun Bong Sik, Yoon Sang Hyun, Oh Dong Min, Park Won Ho, Kang Sang Joon, Jung Ji Soon, and more were present.

doctor-slump-1.jpg

Already, Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye showcased fantastic chemistry at their reunion. Park Hyung Sik plays Yeo Jung Woo, a star plastic surgeon who falls into the greatest slump of his life. Having been the top student of his entire school, Yeo Jung Woo attended the best medical school, and he became a star doctor with great skills and outstanding character. However, he gets pushed to the edge following a mysterious medical accident. Park Hyung Shik captivated with his portrayal of his character’s wide berth of emotions at the script reading.

doctor-slump-3-1.jpg

Park Shin Hye stars as anesthesiologist Nam Ha Neul who is experiencing burnout syndrome. Having been called a genius since a young age, she lived her life immersed in her studies. Even as an adult, she is a workaholic doctor, living a life without fun and without knowing how to do anything except study and work. However, she suddenly resolves to change one day while looking back on her broken life. Park Shin Hye captivated with her passionate acting and realistic portrayal.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4-copy-2.jpg

Yoon Bak will take on the role of the pretentious plastic surgeon Bin Dae Young. He has a one-sided sense of rivalry with the successful Yeo Jung Woo, who attended the same college as him, but he is also a figure who understands Yeo Jung Woo better than anyone else. Yoon Bak impressed by showcasing diverse acting that highlighted Bin Dae Young’s sincere yet slick personality.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4-copy.jpg

Gong Sung Ha will play Nam Ha Neul’s best friend and anesthesiologist Lee Hong Ran who has been with Nam Ha Neul from her college days to her residency days. She becomes strangely intertwined with Bin Dae Young, who is similar to her despite the obvious differences. Gong Sung Ha was greatly in sync with her energetic character Lee Hong Ran.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-4.jpg

Furthermore, talented actors Jang Hye Jin, Hyun Bong Sik, and Yoon Sang Hyun will play members of Nam Ha Neul’s family. Jang Hye Jin plays Nam Ha Neul’s mother Gong Wol Sun, while Hyun Bong Sik plays Nam Ha Neul’s uncle Gong Tae Sun. Yoon Sang Hyun will take on the role of Nam Ha Neul’s younger brother Nam Ba Da.

In addition to the three, there is Oh Dong Min as Min Kyung Min, who is intertwined with both Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul. Yeo Jung Woo’s two friends will be portrayed by Park Won Ho, who plays Kim Mu Geun, and Kang Sang Joon, who plays Son Chan Young. Jung Ji Soon will play the role of a homeroom teacher.

Spoiler

doctor-slump-2.jpg

The production team shared, “[The story of] the resuscitation of happiness by Yeo Jung Woo and Nam Ha Neul, who spent their most dazzling and most miserable moments together, and the romance that blooms within will deliver refreshing and heart-fluttering excitement as well as relatable warmth,” asking viewers to anticipate Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye’s reunion as well as the passionate acting from the cast.

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27. Stay tuned!

source

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

Park Shin Hye And Park Hyung Sik Are Rivals Competing to Be Top Students In “Doctor Slump” Poster

doctor-slump.jpeg

Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Shik are gearing up to return with “Doctor Slump”!

“Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

“Doctor Slump” also marks the reunion between Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye in a drama for the first time in 10 years since their hit project “Heirs.” The drama will be helmed by director Oh Hyun Jong of “Find Me in Your Memory” and “Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo” and written by scriptwriter Baek Sun Woo of “What’s Wrong With Secretary Kim.”

The newly released teaser poster depicts Park Shin Hye and Park Hyung Sik’s intriguing chemistry, reflecting back to the times when Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo first met at Youngwon High School.

Appearing to be a page from their yearbook, the two hold their books closely while appearing wary of one another. Model student Nam Ha Neul exudes confidence while Yeo Jung Woo shines brightly with competitive spirit. The text on the poster reads, “Heaven cannot brook two suns, and the school cannot have two No. 1 students!” hinting at their fierce rivalry.

The production team shared, “Please watch out for the past narrative of Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo who are intertwined through a relationship of hatred from their first encounter during their most dazzling times.” They added, “The best point to watch out for will be the reunion of Park Hyung Sik and Park Shin Hye, who will bring laughter and heart-fluttering excitement with their refreshing chemistry.”

“Doctor Slump” will premiere on January 27.

source

• Like 3

New Teaser

Park Shin Hye and Park Hyun Sik have shared a sneak peek at their upcoming drama with a new teaser!

JTBC’s “Doctor Slump” is a romantic comedy that follows the story of Yeo Jung Woo (Park Hyung Sik) and Nam Ha Neul (Park Shin Hye) as they try to resuscitate their lives when they fall into a slump after only having followed successful paths. The two rivals who hate each other will reunite in the darkest period of their lives and become each other’s light, delivering smiles, excitement, and heartwarming comfort along the way.

The newly released teaser begins with Yeo Jung Woo narrating, “The girl I liked at that time. The girl I hated at that time,” as he and Nam Ha Neul showcase a fierce rivalry. Yeo Jung Woo offers a helping hand, but Nam Ha Neul uses it to her advantage to take the lead.

The text on the poster reads, “Spring 2009, I met my worst rival,” and Nam Ha Neul narrates, “The boy I wanted to shake by the collar—I ran into him again when I was facing the greatest slump of my life.” The teaser ends with Nam Ha Neul and Yeo Jung Woo in present day, shocked speechless and pointing fingers after unexpectedly running into each other. The teaser ends with the two screaming in horror as they recognize each other.

source

• Like 3

I'm actually excited to watch this drama. I had forgotten that both of them had bee in 'The Heirs', probably because I really disliked that drama for soooo many reasons, including bad acting by most of the cast. However, Park Hyung Shik has developed a lot as an actor since those cringy days.  And, Park Shin Hye is actually pretty solid as an actress as long as there aren't any kissing scenes. LOL

Here is hoping for a good story line and some firm direction so that it doesn't go all pear-shaped and unwatchable.

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2