Evilive 악인전기[2023]

Evilive / Biography of a Villain 악인전기

news-p.v1.20230919.545118906a844b42ae04d

Synopsis from Asianwiki

Han Dong Soo is a livelihood lawyer. He randomly picks a prisoner to visit and picks up a case. He is usually rational and reasonable, but deep within his mind exists a dark side. Something triggers him to cross the line and step into the world of evil. His younger half-brother is Han Beom Jae. Han Beom Jae works at a second-hand computer shop and he also acts as a case broker for Han Dong-soo, bringing him clients. One day, Han Beom Jae notices that Han Dong Soo has changed since he brought him a case. That case involves Seo Do Young who is the #2 ranked member of a crime organization. He is a former baseball player and appears nothing like a typical gangster. Behind his handsome looks, he hides a cruel and unpredictable madness.

Network: ENA, Genie TV

Episodes: 10

Airs: Oct 14, 2023 - Nov 12, 2023

Airs On: Sunday/ Monday 22:00 KST

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Cast

164f1f91-3f9d-4c25-9901-0cf62cc5f67d.jpg

Shin Ha Kyun 

Kim Young Kwang 

Shin Jae Ha 

PD: Kim Jung Min
 [He directed many shows I enjoyed - Remarriage & Desires, Love Affairs In The Afternoon, Sweet Stranger & Me (KYK was the lead) and Bad Guys]

Script-reading

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Party! 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Look at the styling of SHK. I already feel creeped out :psweatduck:

restmb_allidxmake.php?pp=002&idx=3&simg=

Oppa looks handsome but he's also a bad bad man

aca15c5cad7095.jpg

Some extracts from Naver articles about the leads:

http://www.globalepic.co.kr/view.php?ud=202309131334476917fc9723fba1_29

Han Dong-soo is a lawyer who makes a living by blindly applying to visit inmates he has never met before. His life is shaken when he meets Seo Do-young (played by Kim Young-kwang), the second-in-command in a criminal organization, and he crosses the line into the world of evil.

https://www.joynews24.com/view/1632828

Kim Young-kwang played the role of Seo Do-young, the second-in-command of a criminal organization, in 'Biography of a Bad Man'. In the play, Seo Do-young has an unpredictable personality that goes berserk when things turn. A former baseball player, he entered the world of crime and is currently incarcerated in prison. 'Biography of a Villain' begins when he makes Han Dong-soo (played by Shin Ha-kyun) an offer he cannot refuse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me there is a sub provider.

New poster

202310100935150310_1.jpg

On 9/24/2023 at 6:10 PM, Chocolate said:

Would you prefer he keep his clothes on and plays a hero? 😂

I want my pie and eat it too. :laugh:So abs + hero is not too much to ask, is it ? Hahahah.  Anyway this is one of my longest oppa love since I started watchin kdramas. He's played all sorts from psychopath,  smarmy prosecutor, loser chaebol, to hot boss, tsundere ML. So much so that I always have to mentally prepare myself to watch him in whatever he does. 

@mademoiselle@ktcjdrama @Tofu  I miss Dong Jin in Call It Love. In interview he said they were going for rough but natural look. Hahaha...he said he will be scary and unpredictable. Aiyo, what does that even mean? 

202310101639775503_652502ab8c18a.jpeg

@40somethingahjumma In an interview, Shin Ha Kyun said that they purposely styled him in this nerdy way since these things like glasses etc are everyday items. Apparently we will see his looks transform as he crosses over to the dark side. 

202310091434771280_6523912804f19.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Party! 2

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

Has anyone watched this yet?

I haven’t. Initially there were these auto translated subs. But I think k plus Asia has subs now & that should be better. I’ll try to catch up this weekend. The airing days have now been moved to Sunday/ Monday. The premier ratings for eps 1 was like 0.3% - as it was competing against so many Saturday dramas. It did rise to about 1 % on Sunday. So I think Genie TV realise they can’t use the Saturday slot . They are also going to air it earlier at 10pm KST instead of 10.30pm KST . 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen 3 episodes so far and it's underpinned by a really good script. As expected the leads are nailing it. Shin Ha-kyun is reliably amazing. He is undoubtedly one of SK's finest actors. Perfect for the role.

It's a pity that this one seems to be going under most people's radar because this could be as good as or better than The Worst of Evil. I make the comparison because this is a noir thriller featuring gangsters but somewhat on the unpredictable side.

Shin Ha-kyun is Han Dong-soo a lawyer that has seen better days. At the start he is back canvassing for work in prisons after being suspended for something that happened at his former workplace Moon Law Firm (something along those lines). Like Walter White from Breaking Bad due to pressing financial issues at home he is forced to run an errand for psychopathic gangster Seo Do-young who is serving 8 months in jail for a drunk driving charge. It is an unusually long period of time for a drunk driving case and so his suspicions are aroused. 

Dong-soo and younger brother Beom-jae (Shin Jae-ha) spy on Do-young's girlfriend as he suspects her of cheating on him and they find themselves cleaning up after an angry Do-young who is finally released from jail. As a result, they inevitably find themselves struggling to extricate themselves from being under Do-young's thumb. 

@abs-oluteM I"m sure you'll really like this one.

• Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

32 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

It is really a shame that not many are watching this. 

I've been quite busy (or rather, disoriented) lately that this drama flew under my radar... I love all the 3 male leads, but honestly, haven't been in the mood for heavy dramas since a while... But KYK looking great as the bad guy (?) here. I might check this one out. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 11/1/2023 at 12:10 AM, ktcjdrama said:

But KYK looking great as the bad guy (?) here.

He looks amazing. hahahahaha...He's a thug here but a bad guy? Not really. Though he's capable of resorting to violence when necessary to get things done. So far up to 4 episodes, all he's really interested in is making money. Not quite the psychopath that he was in Somebody :laugh:

On 11/1/2023 at 10:13 AM, Chocolate said:

I looked for it when it started but not found. Will check it out again.

Last 4 episodes of Worst of Evil is on my pend list as I have not been in a mood for gangster/underworld genres. This seems more cerebral 👍

There are really good subs available now, and worth checking out. This show has a completely different feel from The Worst Of Evil. TWOE paints the underworld in a more "romantic" fashion. What with JCW and WHJ walking like models and smoking every 5 seconds :laugh:as they comb the streets of Gangnam. And they play off that "bromance" thing between them.

This comment is somewhat spoiler-ish

Spoiler

But here Shin Ha Kyun and Kim Young Kwang's characters start off  differently with SHK being quiet the unwilling participant as he gets threatened to do KYK's bidding. Despite trying hard to escape from KYK, SHK was not successful. KYK also finds out what SHK has gone through and very cleverly uses that to push SHK's buttons. I can forsee that SHK will soon join KYK. 

Both men while being on opposite sides of the fence so to speak, have some similarities. For one, both have been betrayed by those that they work for or report to. SHK's character is definitely capable of crossing over to the dark side given how the circumstances are working against him, and that he possesses what KYK calls as a “vengeful” spirit. 

What episode are you up to now @40somethingahjumma?

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

On 11/2/2023 at 11:55 PM, abs-oluteM said:

What episode are you up to now @40somethingahjumma?

I'm up to Episode 4 trying to stop myself from going too far too fast because there aren't too many episodes with subs out. But it's really good the way the show combines human psychology and the law in the way Shin Ha-kyun's character thinks -- I like that. The set up for his character is really well done.

Watching a few things on D+ while I have the subscription. If you haven't watched Big Bet, I recommend it highly. Starts of slow but it's a clever show. I can see why Choi Min-sik agreed to do it even though he doesn't usually do dramas.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.