Oh No! Here Comes Trouble 不良執念清除師

ONHCT.png

Chinese Title: 不良執念清除師 / Bu Liang Zhi Nian Qing Chu Shi
English Title: Oh No! Here Comes Trouble
Director: Lin Kuan Hui
Screenwriter: Lin Kuan Hui
Episodes: 12
Broadcasting Network: iQIYI
Airing Date: April 15th, 2023 (2 episodes every Saturday)

Official Website: Oh No! Here Comes Trouble

English Subs: iQIYI

Synopsis:

After his near-fatal bus accident, Pu Yi Yong inherits the family's supernatural ability to help ghosts. Along with policewoman Chen Chu Ying and schoolmate Cao Guang Yan, the trio resolves the spirit's last wishes before sending them off with an antithetical couplet calligraphy. (Credit)

• Like 1

Cast.

spacer.png

Tseng Jing Hua as Pu Yi Yong

spacer.png

Vivian Sung as Chen Chu Ying

spacer.png

Peng Cian You as Cao Guang Yan

Supporting Cast.

Spoiler

Cheryl Yang as Ye Bao Sheng (Pu Yi Yong's mother)

Sun Qing (孫情) as Pu Zhan Kui

Lu Hsueh Feng (呂雪鳳) as Grandma Lian Hua

Dou Zhi Kong as Pu Ren Xiu

Mario Pu (馬力歐) as Cao Guang Yan's father

McFly Wu (大飛) as Li Can

Hu Shih An (胡釋安) as Chen Dong Jun

Zhang Yong Zheng as Director Feng (Chen Chu Ying's boss)

Wang Man Chiao (王滿嬌) as Grandma Zeng Jiang (neighbor/landlord)

• Like 2

@ktcjdrama I created this thread so we can talk about this drama. You're the only person who took me up on this recommendation. Haha! I was a little sad that no one else is watching (or wanted to watch) because I think the drama is really well done. 

The use of calligraphy in this drama is one of my favorite. Tseng Jing Hua learned it for about six months, which really shows. I enjoyed all his calligraphy scenes. :heart:

ONHCT-02.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

This is my favorite story so far. I was more emotional watching his story than I was the other one. I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed this story. Your name is your identity and years went by without anyone ever knowing his. The depth that they went through to get back his name.....it makes me tear up just thinking about it. :cry:

337141730-1610472236135053-5378568540160

Some promo/event photos the cast took together. 

340967254-130802756539437-33952331320882

Spoiler

137915.jpg
137917.jpg
137920.jpg
137926.jpg
332754858-891219131853795-52469374012568
336084253-3103340833298056-3028857091497
336235441-229450322833290-44585966479737
341000356-240465215145940-38197941824378
341180290-115504704845219-36107927698653
342339712-631603908808561-37960561399291
342414740-938485287351624-44742235824843

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 hours ago, Tofu said:

I created this thread so we can talk about this drama. You're the only person who took me up on this recommendation. Haha! I was a little sad that no one else is watching (or wanted to watch) because I think the drama is really well done. 

Thank you!! I searched for a thread and found none. So was wondering too whether I should create one or not. But it really seems like there are only the two of us watching, and it's ending soon... Yes, I agree. The drama is well done. I love it, and I've finished all the aired episodes! Kinda sad that it's just a 12-ep. drama. I really think they can do seasonal for this kind of drama. 

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

This is my favorite story so far. I was more emotional watching his story than I was the other one. I can't even put into words how much I enjoyed this story. Your name is your identity and years went by without anyone ever knowing his. The depth that they went through to get back his name.....it makes me tear up just thinking about it.

Gosh, this is also my most favorite one! I teared up so many times. To think 22 years have passed like that... and the best thing is, he really actually become a "teacher" for those medical students. And I'm also tearing up again as I'm typing this.

2 hours ago, Tofu said:

The use of calligraphy in this drama is one of my favorite. Tseng Jing Hua learned it for about six months, which really shows. I enjoyed all his calligraphy scenes.

Me too! I love calligraphy, chinese and western. I had been wondering if he's done it himself, and it looks like it. I'm glad he decided to learn properly for the drama because it makes a big difference instead of using camera angles to shoot the calligraphy scenes.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 4/30/2023 at 8:16 PM, ktcjdrama said:

I really think they can do seasonal for this kind of drama.

I think the story is definitely there if they wanted to do multiple series. I don't think it would be the same if the original actors didn't return, so if they do decide to do this in the future, I hope it's the same cast. 

On 4/30/2023 at 8:16 PM, ktcjdrama said:

he really actually become a "teacher" for those medical students.

Yes! I'm tearing up just remembering this scene again. When I first watched this I was so happy but also a sobbing mess. It was like, FINALLY! He became who he always wanted to be and he also got back his identity! 

Another thing I like about the drama is the way Yiyong express how he feels about the accident -- about his dad and grandpa. I can feel his anguish, the hope that maybe he'll see his dad's spirit, and the guilt as the sole survivor. 

ONHCT-06.gif

I tried selling this to @SilverMoonTea and @mademoiselle, but I don't think they will take me up on it. I also was selling Doctor Cha and I think they both started watching that. I can't be greedy. Watching one of the two dramas I recommend is good for me. LOL!

Maybe if @abs-oluteM isn't watching too many dramas, she will pick this up?

• Haha 4
9 hours ago, Tofu said:

I think the story is definitely there if they wanted to do multiple series. I don't think it would be the same if the original actors didn't return, so if they do decide to do this in the future, I hope it's the same cast. 

Yes! I'm tearing up just remembering this scene again. When I first watched this I was so happy but also a sobbing mess. It was like, FINALLY! He became who he always wanted to be and he also got back his identity! 

Another thing I like about the drama is the way Yiyong express how he feels about the accident -- about his dad and grandpa. I can feel his anguish, the hope that maybe he'll see his dad's spirit, and the guilt as the sole survivor. 

ONHCT-06.gif

I tried selling this to @SilverMoonTea and @mademoiselle, but I don't think they will take me up on it. I also was selling Doctor Cha and I think they both started watching that. I can't be greedy. Watching one of the two dramas I recommend is good for me. LOL!

Maybe if @abs-oluteM isn't watching too many dramas, she will pick this up?

I'm trying episode 1 of this, seems a bit funny. I had not give Dr Cha a try. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Have you sold this to @40somethingahjumma? Looks like something she will enjoy... It's similar to Under The Skin, which she enjoyed...  

No, I haven't, but I think she would like it! @Chocolate might even enjoy it too? Haha! 

I think @JenL will also enjoy once she gets better. Lots of vetern actors/actresses that we both enjoy making cameos in this drama. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@Chocolate I don't think the trailer does the drama any justice. Haha! I can't even remember what's in the trailer. :laugh:

I have yet to rewatch LLTG, but I have rewatched some of my favorite scenes. Actually, in JA, there was a scene when WDH's character goes into the room that has the person who killed his father. WDH was carrying a sword similarly to Wu Lei. I thought he would do the same, but he didn't. I was slightly disappointed, but I guess you can't really go around killing people as an attorney. Haha! 

• Haha 3

Ooooh... Vivian Sung. Haven't seen her in anything for a while. Yay. A Taiwanese drama.

I've been on a bit of a Taiwanese drama kick lately. Might check this out but I'm super busy at the moment.

• Like 2
  • Party! 2

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

I am not able to follow the case of the missing little girl as well as previous cases. Maybe because there was a week of waiting. I kinda forgot what has been spoken what happened before that I kept being lost in context. Eg, the recording of the father and the friend. Anyway, seems like this case has not seen the end yet? 

Feeling so sad that only 2 more episodes available. I really really wish they will continue with season 2, with the same cast, writer and director. Please let it happen.... 

Btw, are the freckles on Cheryl Yang’s face for real? I don’t remember her having so many freckles, or is it for this character only? How do they manage the make up, if so? 

• Like 2

MTDzeiV.gif

I'm not sure why the cops didn't try tracking down the tattoo artist in the second case when the body was first found. If this had been NCIS, Abby would have found the artist and identified the John Doe within 24 hours. 

Dang I bawled my eyes out when all the people who knew John Doe gathered at the memorial service at the end.

This is quite possibly the best thing I've seen so far this year.

@abs-oluteM You liked The Missing: The Other Side right? I think you'll really like this one. Even if it's a Taiwanese show. :P

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

On 5/6/2023 at 9:43 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Anyway, seems like this case has not seen the end yet? 

It seems like the case with the missing daughter was solved, but not the spirit's grievance. I don't know if they will resolve it because I don't remember seeing that in the preview for this week's episodes. To me, the spirit is jealous of the missing daughter in the same way the cafe lady was jealous of the mom. She has to be willing to let go of that obsession in order for Yiyong to help her move on. I also think because the grandma says there was another child in the same building, the spirit (doll) might be connected to this upcoming story too. 

@40somethingahjumma I'm glad you're enjoying it! I can't even remember how I started watching but I'm glad I did because it's one of my favorite current drama. 

On 5/6/2023 at 9:43 PM, ktcjdrama said:

Btw, are the freckles on Cheryl Yang’s face for real?

No, I'm pretty sure they are fake. You can see in some of the close up scenes that the freckles change in how apparent they are. Yiyong has freckles of his own too. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
51 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I'm pretty sure they are fake. You can see in some of the close up scenes that the freckles change in how apparent they are.

I am very curious... They must have printed lots of sheet mask and they just put it on her face to transfer the freckles printing by smoothing the mask on her face 🤔😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

MTDzeiV.gif

5 hours ago, Tofu said:

It ends today! I'm happy and also sad about it. :cry:

Be sad no more... With the way it ends, seems like they’re paving way for next season 🥳

Truly a great drama. I love how it is wrapped up.

Spoiler

I couldn’t stop my tears when YY finally got to meet his father. Their whole interaction, I was wiping tears away. 

The ending was unpredictable for me. It can really go many way, and... I am so glad they chose the way that we got to see, instead of the many other way I was imagining. 

I also love how the “things” that he helped before, each play a role, one by one, in urging him to return and wake up. 😂 And that usual sighing, when the first word he heard upon waking up was “help me”

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

This is such a good show. It's one of those rare things that is great from start to finish. The plotting is excellent. The cases are all really good and I don't remember the last time I bawled my eyes this much -- just about every single episode in fact. The acting all round was also excellent. 

Thanks to @ktcjdrama and @Tofu for the shout out. It was an honest to goodness gem. I said it before and I will say it again. It is the best thing I've seen so far this year. Everyone should watch it. 

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

• 2 weeks later...

@ktcjdrama @40somethingahjumma I'm a little late with my ending thoughts, but I loved this drama so much. It's one of the most interesting dramas I've watched all year. I teared up quite a bit when Yiyong finally got to meet his dad. I don't know much about Tseng Jing Hua, but he is definitely one of Taiwan's rising actor. He was amazing as Yiyong and I hope they have a season two!

The eye roll at the end. :laugh:

ONHCT-07.gif

• Like 1