닥터 차정숙/Doctor Cha

Type: Drama

Episodes: 16

Aired: Apr 15, 2023 - Jun 4, 2023

Aired On: Saturday, Sunday

Original Network:  jTBC & Netflix

Duration: 60 min

Content Rating: 15+ - Teens 15 or older

Cha Jung Sook is married to Seo In Ho, who works as a chief surgeon at a university hospital. He has a strict, sensitive and thoroughgoing personality. Cha Jung Sook has been a full time housewife for the past 20 years, giving up her career as a doctor during her medical resident years. After all those years, she decides to restart her medical resident course.

cr. MyDramaList 

@abs-oluteM 

• Like 1
  • Party! 4

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

•  

Main Role

Support Role

• Like 2
  • Party! 3

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

Soundtrack

• Like 4

just finished watching episode 1 and wow. Wow 

I pity Doctor Cha but how could she have let her husband sleep in the next room so long. I can tell you, I would have been pissed or demanded a divorce. My pride would not have let me live such a boring and miserable life 

I am so disgusted by hubby. He acts like his wife is a disgusting human being and that she is WORHTLESS. He allows his mom to dictate how he loves his life. He is set a bad example for his kids. 
Doctor Cha has sacrificed so much for her Kids and they have no respect for her too. The daughter is following in her dad’s behavior and yells at her mom for not giving her the right breakfast. Watching her watch her family and feeling alone really broke my heart. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Seo In Ho is disgusting , a coward and selfish. 
Preview for ep 9 

Do you agree with this 

• Like 3

Doctor Cha’s children are amazing. I loved them notches at the beginning I thought she doted on them too much but they have principle , love their mom and respect their mom. We may not see it in their everyday life but they truly love her. 
Ever since finding out about their dad’s affair they both were sad and only want to protect their mom until she finishes her residency. They are working hard making their dad feel very small. They have lost respect for him. 

What do you guys think of Roy? I think he is just eye Candy. Eye candy to help DOCOTR Cha know she has prospects and that she is beautiful. I think Doctor Cha does like Roy but hasn’t realized it yet. I would love for them to get together but don’t know who is the first Male lead. Is it In Ho or Doctor Roy. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d795f271c1058bddea8c

In Ho’s mother is so disgusting and she is greedy. She knows her son did something wrong but she can still smile happily and with no regret. The way she scold her son is just for show. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d795f271c1058bddea8c

This girl is really hurting but it is because of her mother. She refuses to see what her affair is doing to her daughter. Her daughter has never received any love from her father. 

• Like 5

So I decided to sacrifice some sleep hours to start this one. And I am now at ep.5 already :laugh: The show is good, no wonder it is rising in the ratings. 

Very classic case of husband feeling justified to have an affair, and yet reeling when his wife is receiving attention from another man. The mistress is also something... I guess she is feeling more entitled because she is his first love? She acts like she is the actual real wife. Really don't understand why she wants to put up being a hidden lover. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama Yay! :CharmanderYay: 

@UnniSara I feel really bad for all the kids especially the illegitimate daughter. She deserves to be raised with love, but she's a burden to her father and the carrot her mother dangles in front of the father. 

I did like the daughter putting the illegitimate daughter in her place, but again, I feel bad for all the kids stuck in the middle. 

Can't wait for more episodes this weekend!

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1
On 5/7/2023 at 9:25 AM, Chocolate said:

Kim Byung Chul’s expressions are hilarious

Yeah... and that part where he literally flipped himself to the side to change his sleeping position :laugh:

Love the twist at the ending of ep.5. I teared up. Just another proof that sincerity goes a long way.

I like that girlfriend of the son. She is so blunt and fierce, but very efficient in her work. Looking forward to her finding out the true relationship of Dr.Cha and her son.

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I like that girlfriend of the son. She is so blunt and fierce, but very efficient in her work. Looking forward to her finding out the true relationship of Dr.Cha and her son.

I disliked Jung Amin’s girlfriend. She is rude!! I believe you nurture talent without yelling at them especially since DOCOTR Cha hasn’t practiced in years. She is the professor to Doctor Cha , should show her some respect.  I think she is like the rest of the Doctors who think she can no longer practice and stay at home. That is wrong thinking, everyone should be able to accomplish their dreams no matter the age. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d793da086651ea4bd654

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d793da086651ea4bd654

• Like 5

@Tofu I I get where you are coming from I feel bad the legitimate kids the most because Seo In Ha wasn’t a REAL FATHER TO THEM. He never spent time with the kids , mostly he told them what he wanted from them. Don’t forget he spent most of his time away with the MISTRESS. Every chance he got it was with the Mistress, when he was home all he did was work, work, work. So technically the mistress got more time with him than any of his children. The Mistress is the one who caused her child to suffer. Seo Eun Soo isn’t in the family registry but her mother’s. I feel bad for her but hee desire to hurt his family will only BACKFIRE ON HER. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b34b70f431f9cdcdf9

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7b34b70f431f9cdcdf9

There was a scene where she told her father how he has never asked his son what he wanted to be, but you betcha Doctor Cha knows and she probably tried to get him to agree but he was determined for one of his children to go in his field. Smh smh smh So I believe he never spent time with either of them. 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

She is the professor to Doctor Cha , should show her some respect.  I think she is like the rest of the Doctors who think she can no longer practice and stay at home.

She is not a professor, is she? I thought she is also a resident but more senior, that's why she knows more. I think she is showing professionalism in that she scolds them for something wrong, but also gives compliment when something is done right. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

MTDzeiV.gif

16 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

She is not a professor, is she? I thought she is also a resident but more senior, that's why she knows more. I think she is showing professionalism in that she scolds them for something wrong, but also gives compliment when something is done right. 

I meant like a mentor, I am not knowledgeable on all medical things. But Doctor Cha is under department and she is learning under her. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Thanks to @Tofu's encouragement, I started watching this drama and have finally caught up on all of the aired episodes.

I like this drama more than I thought I would. I think Kim Byung Chul is doing an excellent job with the loathesome character of Seo In Ho. It's clear that SIH was raised as a spoiled, privileged kid tied to his mother's side. His lack of moral ethics is clearly shown from a young age when he was dating Sung Hee, but slept with Jung Sook at a class MT that SH couldn't attend. SIH only married SH because she had gotten pregnant, and that was also the only reason that SIH's mother consented.

Further amoral behavior from SIH when he went on a visit to America and then hooked back up with SH, and ultimately fathering a daughter with SH. Also amoral behavior from SH who knew that SIH was married with a kid when she slept with him and decided to have his child. It is pretty gross that SIH's 2 daughters are so close in age. So, SIH wasn't opposed to sleeping with his wife until SH came back to Korea and he started up with SH again.

I do feel terrible for all of the children. SIH is a terrible father to all of his kids. He spends time at work and with his mistress, but he spends very little if any time with any of his 3 children.

15 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The mistress is also something... I guess she is feeling more entitled because she is his first love? She acts like she is the actual real wife. Really don't understand why she wants to put up being a hidden lover. 

I think she feels that her man was stolen from her by another woman who succeeded by scheming to have his child. And then when she runs into the man again, I'm sure he gave her some story about how miserable he is in the marriage. And, then they had a child together. And, when she comes back to Korea, they continue their affair. She wants to believe that it's a matter of time before he leaves his wife and comes to her instead, because they were the true couple meant to be before he was seduced away. So, basically, she's like a lot of women who blame the other women rather than their faithless men who can't keep it in their pants. Blech.

10 hours ago, UnniSara said:

I disliked Jung Amin’s girlfriend. She is rude!! I believe you nurture talent without yelling at them especially since DOCOTR Cha hasn’t practiced in years. She is the professor to Doctor Cha , should show her some respect.  I think she is like the rest of the Doctors who think she can no longer practice and stay at home. That is wrong thinking, everyone should be able to accomplish their dreams no matter the age. 

I think I'm more with @ktcjdrama on this one. JM's girlfriend is rude, but I think she's a chief resident and her manner is to be short and frank, even to the point of rudeness, to all of the more junior residents. If anything, I appreciate that she doesn't give special consideration to JS, either better or worse.

Having said that, could she be less rude to everyone? Well, yes, she could be more polite and encouraging, but then again, she's probably tired as well and was probably trained under a similar system. So, she's doing her job by scolding the residents and giving clear (if rude) guidance. And she does give praise when she feels it's warranted. 

However, I am looking forward to her finding out that JS is her bf's mother and her future MIL. :lmao2:

As for Dr. Roy, he hasn't really made that much of an impact on this drama yet, other than being eye candy. I appreciate that he may be helping JS feel like a good, attractive person and woman again, but it doesn't really matter to me if JS and Roy end up together or not. However, I absolutely don't think that JS should be back with SIH in any way, shape, or form. Leaving aside all of the betrayal of their marriage vows, SIH was the man who was okay with JS dying rather than giving her a part of his liver. SIH's mother also preferred that JS die rather than her son giving her a portion of his liver. This is an absolutely toxic mother-son pair for JS to be with, and they will never appreciate her enough, especially since they both looked down on her for so long. SIH is feeling jealousy because another man is paying attention to the wife he didn't want, but it's very much a dog in the manger thing. JS needs to be living for herself.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 4