39 minutes ago, Tofu said:

OMG! How many people have I been selling dramas to lately? :lmao2:

You are great spokesperson for this drama. I am so grateful for that. lol  :lmao2:

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 2

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

18 hours ago, UnniSara said:

You are great spokesperson for this drama. I am so grateful for that. lol  :lmao2:

Agreed! @Tofuyou are a good seller for this drama. Then again, I seem to have gotten plenty of recommendations (and otherwise) from you when I wasn't sure which dramas to give a go. Thanks!

Otherwise, getting back to this drama. I really hope that JS realizes the truth about SIH, his mistress, and his other daughter. I don't want them to somehow be able to keep her fooled any longer. Even though everyone is concerned about how she'll take it, she needs to be able to take agency of her own life rather than feeling as if she "owes" people, especially the betraying, lying husband and his foolish mother.

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Ep.9 went by so fast. SH is living a sad life despite being an accomplished doctor. She is still imagining the life, the status that are not hers to have. 

While it gives me great satisfaction to see SIH’s face being smashed into the cake, I really wish people will not start copying the action after watching, because there has been a warning against doing so in parties as certain cakes (esp. fancy ones) might have sticks inside. Such joke can be fatal. 

Secrets are coming out bit by bit... :smug:  Can’t wait for next episode. 

• Like 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

I think SIH also having a severe mid life crisis that prompting him for having an affair, and looks to me he also kept forgetting some of the simple medical practice that he did before. And to add on, his hair problem too. 

Their marriage had gone stall too and lost it sparks. When he got challenged by Roy Kim as potential competitor, he seems got quite worked up. And surprisingly I think SIH is not a bad doctor, he can handle all the cases in the village pretty well. CJS had been living too co dependently on him too, as he's the breadwinner and she didn't even use her talent. I guess it's possible that SH provided that career independent woman aura that CJS don't possesed. 

Looking how heartbroken CJS is, I think she did trully love SIH, and seems to me he's the first and only one for her. I doubted their marriage can be salvaged at this point, but somehow I'm not really into her & Roy Kim's pairing. 

Thanks to @Tofuand my sister I found out this juicy drama 😂

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 5/15/2023 at 7:17 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think SIH also having a severe mid life crisis that prompting him for having an affair, and looks to me he also kept forgetting some of the simple medical practice that he did before. And to add on, his hair problem too. 

I agree that he's having a mid-life crisis, but he's been having it for 18 years, given how old his daughter with SH is. So, mostly I think he's weak and a coward. I despise SH for being with him knowing that he's married with children, though I guess from the POV of wanting a father for her own daughter, perhaps it makes some sense. Though, it shows true heartlessness on her part since the only way she could really get SIH to be a father to her daughter is to destroy JS and her children.

I think SIH is not a bad doctor, he can handle all the cases in the village pretty well.

I would hope that he was a good doctor. Otherwise, Gusan Hospital would be in a lot of trouble since SIH is a department head.

CJS had been living too co dependently on him too, as he's the breadwinner and she didn't even use her talent.

Since JS was an intern and IH a resident when they got married, JS stayed home to have the baby and then take care of the baby and the household, especially since JS and IH moved in with his mother. Given IH's mother being the way she is, I doubt she would have accepted JS as a working mother, though it seems to have broken JS' mother's heart a bit that JS quit being a doctor.

I doubted their marriage can be salvaged at this point, but somehow I'm not really into her & Roy Kim's pairing. 

I don't really care if JS and RK start seeing each other or not, but I would be very unhappy if JS went back to IH. He's the man who would rather JS risk death than give her a piece of his liver. He's weak and a coward, and honestly, even SH deserves better than IH.

I hope that after finding out about SH's daughter, that their marriage is completely over. I think for the sake of her children, she might have been willing to stay in the marriage even with IH's infidelity. However, knowing that he has a daughter with SH should change her thinking. IH will always have another family on his mind and his heart. Even if SH and IH breaks up, that won't change that IH has a daughter with her and so will always be involved to some extent with SH and her daughter.

Anyway, I think JS has to completely end things with IH in order for her to move on with her own life.

• Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 5/12/2023 at 2:07 AM, stroppyse said:

I like this drama more than I thought I would. I think Kim Byung Chul is doing an excellent job with the loathesome character of Seo In Ho.

However, I absolutely don't think that JS should be back with SIH in any way, shape, or form. Leaving aside all of the betrayal of their marriage vows, SIH was the man who was okay with JS dying rather than giving her a part of his liver. SIH's mother also preferred that JS die rather than her son giving her a portion of his liver. This is an absolutely toxic mother-son pair for JS to be with, and they will never appreciate her enough, especially since they both looked down on her for so long. SIH is feeling jealousy because another man is paying attention to the wife he didn't want, but it's very much a dog in the manger thing. JS needs to be living for herself.

His facial gymnastics is one-of-a-kind and oh so suitable for this drama. It contributes greatly to the comedy which is so essential for this plot. When I first started, I was skeptical because there were no "big name" actors. Then I googled dear Dr Cha and realised the actress is a well-loved veteran, whose real life is totally unlike Dr Cha (apparently she owns a lingerie line which raked $10M on opening lol.). They really "dowdified" her here.

But thanks for the reminder that SIH did not want to donate his liver to her. I had totally forgotten and fully expected them to reunite at the end of the drama. That's what this type of drama always does right? Affairs can be forgiven, what more the children are grown. But you are right. Not giving his liver to his wife is heartless. So I hope the production remembered that too.

I think I'm more with @ktcjdrama on this one. JM's girlfriend is rude, but I think she's a chief resident and her manner is to be short and frank, even to the point of rudeness, to all of the more junior residents. If anything, I appreciate that she doesn't give special consideration to JS, either better or worse.

Having said that, could she be less rude to everyone? Well, yes, she could be more polite and encouraging, but then again, she's probably tired as well and was probably trained under a similar system. So, she's doing her job by scolding the residents and giving clear (if rude) guidance. And she does give praise when she feels it's warranted. 

However, I am looking forward to her finding out that JS is her bf's mother and her future MIL.

I think this girl has character. She's not wishy washy like JM, who really, is quite weak. I don't know what she sees in him lol. And after the last episode, looks like her relationship with Dr Cha will be better. She's just one of those people who doesn't waste time being nice and just gets things done. But she can be sincere when she wants to be.

In fact, I don't really like the 2 children - at the start, they were also quite selfish and took their mother for granted. They also did not do much to convince their father to donate his liver. And were they compatible as liver donors too? I forget. So I even like SH's daughter better haha - at least she was fighting for herself and her mother.

On 5/15/2023 at 10:17 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

His mid-life crisis very long leh! 😂 They should have done something to his head, because Kim Byung Chul has a whole head of hair so it is not very convincing that he is willingly suffering impotence due to hair loss medication lol.

It's good to see that SH has decided to end the relationship in the last episode. Aside from all the reasons that she started up with SIH in the US, gave birth to the child etc, for an intelligent woman, she should have known not to hold any hopes for this man. His mother telling her to step aside must have hurt a lot - I was quite surprised by this as I thought the mother liked her over Dr Cha. I think there is also an arc for the mother to turn good - that male friend of hers is obviously trying to scam her and the building being in Dr Cha's name is somehow going to save her from that, I think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
On 5/17/2023 at 2:06 AM, Chocolate said:

It's good to see that SH has decided to end the relationship in the last episode. Aside from all the reasons that she started up with SIH in the US, gave birth to the child etc, for an intelligent woman, she should have known not to hold any hopes for this man. His mother telling her to step aside must have hurt a lot - I was quite surprised by this as I thought the mother liked her over Dr Cha. I think there is also an arc for the mother to turn good - that male friend of hers is obviously trying to scam her and the building being in Dr Cha's name is somehow going to save her from that, I think.

She did, but verbally, she left it a bit open in that she says that they need to "make some decisions soon" when SIH couldn't answer her question of getting a divorce from his wife.

I didn't find the mother's actions surprising. SH was the favored one back then. SH clearly came from a more affluent family. However, now with the scandals that would ensue, the MIL wouldn't look forward to that, especially since SH doesn't come with buckets of money and prestige anyway. Not to mention jeopardizing her relationship with her grandkids, the ones she actually saw grow up versus SH's daughter. Plus, the MIL is smart enough to know that JS' good nature is what is keeping her in the marriage despite all that SIH and his mother have done to (and not done for) JS.

Anyway, I can see the MIL being saved from being scammed by her trick of putting the building in JS' name, and possibly being rehabilitated, but I really don't want JS to be back with SIH. If it starts going in that direction, I'll probably drop this drama.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 3

The case with Jung Min, does he take full responsibility even though the patient wanted to be discharged? This part is always confusing for me to understand. 

I also think the case with Jung Min shed light on the work culture for residents. They are asked to work many hours each day with little to no sleep in between. If we are relying on them to save people's life, they should be given time to rest. 

Every episode, I find myself more and more disgusted with SH's and IH's logic. How can they shamelessly blame other people for their own actions? :PikachuFacePalm: 

I'm so happy Doctor Cha made the decision to divorce IH. She deserves her happiness.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3

Midway through ep12, I was thinking this was descending into a farce 😆

You had all the senior doctors fighting like children (and there goes the suave image of Dr Roy Kim) and 2 intelligent woman squabbling over who was more at fault for stealing a useless man since 20 years ago 🙄

I have to agree with Dr Cha's friend - was SIH such a good lover??? But he can't get it up now because of the hair loss medicine, so why??? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have an issue in the latest episode where Seo In Ho asked to break up and Seung Hee was all, "What about our daughter not having a father? What about us...this and that in the name of love..." Honestly at that point, it's all about her not wanting to be the Loser — even if the couple divorce later on, in reality, there's no way she'll have a "happy" or "harmonious" family life with In Ho. All that has happened and her actions in reacting to all the situations have damaged the possibilities of her getting what she thinks she wants.

I pity the kids the most, for getting dragged into this mess.

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
55 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Seung Hee was all, "What about our daughter not having a father? What about us...this and that in the name of love..."

All thought was  WAS HE EVER A FATHER TO HER??? Nope When they had dinner , it looked so awkward because he didn’t even want to be there. He went because he was forced to go. 

• Like 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

I think I'm going to drop this drama. Last weekend's episodes were completely ridiculous. Plus, the scenes in episode 12 including the ending where IH passes out, as well as the preview for episode 13 make it seem as if the drama is going to put IH and JS together again, which I completely object to.

The only character who doesn't annoy the heck out of me right now is the chief resident, and I think she is far too good for Jung Min.

Anyone have any recommendations for something else to watch?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyone have any recommendations for something else to watch?

I recommend Family : The Unbreakable Bonds with Jang Na Ra & Jang Hyuk. I have no objections with this drama except for the terrible subs, but the story was good and it is a short drama with only 12 episode. 

I kinda suspected that they might end up together in the end.  Doctor Cha kinda reminded me of  this drama 

https://asianwiki.com/A_Word_From_Warm_Heart    

• Like 5

17 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I have an issue in the latest episode where Seo In Ho asked to break up and Seung Hee was all, "What about our daughter not having a father? What about us...this and that in the name of love..." Honestly at that point, it's all about her not wanting to be the Loser — even if the couple divorce later on, in reality, there's no way she'll have a "happy" or "harmonious" family life with In Ho. All that has happened and her actions in reacting to all the situations have damaged the possibilities of her getting what she thinks she wants.

It's probably partly pride. She's going to become the vengeful woman now, especially since the man willingly sacrificed her to protect his son.

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think I'm going to drop this drama. Last weekend's episodes were completely ridiculous. Plus, the scenes in episode 12 including the ending where IH passes out, as well as the preview for episode 13 make it seem as if the drama is going to put IH and JS together again, which I completely object to.

The only character who doesn't annoy the heck out of me right now is the chief resident, and I think she is far too good for Jung Min.

You're right. Almost everyone was annoying in ep12, including Dr Cha. Except the last part where she made the speech about wanting a divorce (before the nose bleed). The disabled car sticker hit her in a different way as I imagined - she was feeling hurt that he fetched SH around using the car, while I was thinking the mean pig refused to fetch her and made her take public transport when she first started her residency. It was quite a good explanation of why she wanted a divorce - do you notice she omitted about the organ donation? I think the producers have forgotten that too.

She found out about the affair so early. With so many episodes left at that point, I fully expect them to reconcile. I think the only way I would be pacified is if there is a scene where he tries to die to protect her 😂

If they do not reconcile, it would be a pleasant surprise.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

Dr Choi is a terrible mom.

She isn’t setting a good example for her daughter. Allowing her to compete with Seo I Rang when I Rang isn’t even trying to compete with her 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7bfc4737bd8db2123ba

she She should be trying to protect her daughter’s mental health instead of focusing on being the VICTIM all these years.  Both are so miserable and all they can do is complain 

Meanwhile Doctor Cha and her daughter’s life are unraveling but they still can pretend or try to be happy.  The Choi ladies should learn from them 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7e761018c98d5f51018

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Some random real life story that sounds like Dr. Cha

Spoiler

Tina Turner 1st hub is someone whos abusive to her but her 2nd hub is handsome and even willing to donate his kidney for her. 

I guess thanks to @stroppysefor reminding us about he's not donating his kidney. And finally the full blow for her is because of disability parking sticker. I think the marriage can't be salvaged anymore. It will be fun to see SIH try to go extra miles to win her. 

And I appreciate this drama more, because even the affair is not that simple as she also got pregnant first and stole SH's bf at that time. I wonder does Dr Cha knew back then if SIH and SH was a couple ? I think must be right. 

As of Roy Kim pairing I'm not as opposed as at first now. I think he's kinda cute when he's trying to do openhouse just to get her stay in his home lols and when he got into brawling with SIH 😅 But I'm not sure if she had time nor bandwith to start relationship with him. I felt like it might not be the case.

Btw is everyone running away from this drama :laugh: This is new, normally I'll be the first one to go :lmao2:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Clapping Hands 1

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

And I appreciate this drama more, because even the affair is not that simple as she also got pregnant first and stole SH's bf at that time. I wonder does Dr Cha knew back then if SIH and SH was a couple ? I think must be right. 

Hello everyone 

@SilverMoonTea You asked did she know about them, I think back then Jeong-Suk may have heard of them but it never registered in her head. She was so focus on her studies that it wasn’t a FACT  TO HER.  When her best friend mentioned Seung Hi( it took her a while to actually remember this woman).  I think Jeong Sik was so focus on the present and the people she cares about nothing else mattered to her. I feel that SIh & CSH’s romance back then wasn’t an EPIC LOVE. 
i find this man really disgusting because he hasn’t once said if he loved Seung-Hi or Jeong-Suk. 

I  believe Choi Seung-HI’s love for  Seo In Ho was pure in their college years which grew to obsession & possessiveness.  When Choi Seung-Hi talks about Seo In Ho she acts like she owns him, it no longer feels like it is about love . 

Cha Jeong-Suk

She is hurt and has accepted her part in this toxic cycle. This toxic cycle she is in, she is willing to let it go because she know now how little her husband thought of her. Right now she isn’t looking for love but looking for a better future for her and her kids. 

Roy Kim is just around as a potential love interest not an actual love interest because Doctor Cha isn’t ready to start a new relationship. 

Seo Jung Min & Seo I-Rang  they are both hurting and lost. Their family is broken and they are saddened at the fact that both their Father and Grandmother lack morals. 

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 3

On 5/26/2023 at 8:28 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

I think the marriage can't be salvaged anymore. It will be fun to see SIH try to go extra miles to win her. 

Haha, I will keep an open mind about the end result of the marriage. Each time Dr Cha tries to be break it off/divorce, something happens 😂

SIH clearly prefers to keep his family intact. But he hasn't figured out why yet. All these little things he is doing to try to get her to stay are things he thinks he should do, but he is not really doing it from his heart. I think with 3 episodes left, he will figure it out eventually. Whether it will be too late remains to be seen...

But that aside, I would take that 50% share of house and divorce later! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Clapping Hands 2
On 5/28/2023 at 4:12 AM, Chocolate said:

Haha, I will keep an open mind about the end result of the marriage. Each time Dr Cha tries to be break it off/divorce, something happens 😂

SIH clearly prefers to keep his family intact. But he hasn't figured out why yet. All these little things he is doing to try to get her to stay are things he thinks he should do, but he is not really doing it from his heart. I think with 3 episodes left, he will figure it out eventually. Whether it will be too late remains to be seen...

But that aside, I would take that 50% share of house and divorce later! 😂

I just saw the preview for episode 15, though have not bothered to watch the episodes themselves any more. It still feels as if they're trying to put SIH and JS back together, with SIH even wanting to donate his liver to JS finally. Still, it feels as if SIH is still a selfish git who is only finally realizing how much he has to lose and not wanting to lose his comfortable life. Plus, I do feel that once a philanderer, always a philanderer.

On 5/26/2023 at 12:19 AM, UnniSara said:

Roy Kim is just around as a potential love interest not an actual love interest because Doctor Cha isn’t ready to start a new relationship. 

I agree with you, especially since they never really fully developed Roy Kim as a character. I'm not sure what the initial intent was, but the focus switched to the love triangle between SIH, JS, and SH and stayed there for the most part.

I think JS really needs to be by herself and figure out what she wants from life for herself. Her children are old enough as well that they shouldn't need JS to sacrifice herself for their sake any longer.

• Like 5
3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I agree with you, especially since they never really fully developed Roy Kim as a character. I'm not sure what the initial intent was, but the focus switched to the love triangle between SIH, JS, and SH and stayed there for the most part.

I think JS really needs to be by herself and figure out what she wants from life for herself. Her children are old enough as well that they shouldn't need JS to sacrifice herself for their sake any longer.

In end of ep 14 looks like going to be Roy x Cha have potential to become a pair. Which I have conflicted feelings about it. I mean can she just be single after come out from that super long marriage, I'm pretty sure she need a time for herself to heal and not a new man. Well he's a good catch and all, but still... 

Felt like it's going to that direction because she agree to accompany him to meet his biological family, it's a big step and feel very personal. 

I can see why everyone runaway haha, ep 14 is a little depressing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

2 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I can see why everyone runaway haha

Haha! I haven't dropped this drama yet. I think my problem with this is that the divorce piece is dragging on a bit. Like what the others have mentioned, when Doctor Cha comes to a conclusion on what she wants to do, something happens. We kind of go back to square one again. In some sense, I guess it paints a more realistic picture in that it's not as easy to break off a long marriage like that. It just kind of sucks for me as a viewer because I want her to find her own happiness. 

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I agree with you, especially since they never really fully developed Roy Kim as a character.

I wished they developed his character a little more too. For now, he's just kind of there as her support system and that's about it. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Haha! I haven't dropped this drama yet. I think my problem with this is that the divorce piece is dragging on a bit.

Yes, which leads me to think, there won't be a divorce.

Anyway, what is the hurry to divorce, if she does not intend to start a relationship with someone else? She can live separately in the interim while she decides what to do/take time to heal. That gives her time to finish her residency and be financially self-sufficient and her children will still have a place to live and not shuttle between parents. This is a wiser course of action, even in the real world.

3 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

In end of ep 14 looks like going to be Roy x Cha have potential to become a pair. Which I have conflicted feelings about it. I mean can she just be single after come out from that super long marriage, I'm pretty sure she need a time for herself to heal and not a new man. Well he's a good catch and all, but still... 

Felt like it's going to that direction because she agree to accompany him to meet his biological family, it's a big step and feel very personal. 

But there is this. (Roy Kim's biological father is quite the a** too eh? - wow!)

And the writer has surprised me by making SH likeable and sympathetic in ep14.

If I were Dr Cha, I would leave SIH and start off with Roy Kim, if I liked Roy Kim. Why wait? Sometimes we think too much about rebound relationship etc etc. She is nearing 50 and has health issues. She should just start experiencing life that she missed out on during her prime years.

But she does not seem to actually have romantic feelings for Roy Kim except perhaps an awareness/feeling complimented that he may be attracted to her - she's been treating him as a friend the whole show.

Now that she has to decide whose liver to accept, if she accepts Roy Kim's liver, it means she commits to a relationship with him right? Otherwise, how can she take his liver? I don't think she is ready for that, so likely it will be SIH's 😂 I wait to be surprised again by the writer!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 2
  • Clapping Hands 1