My Perfect Stranger 어쩌다 마주친, 그대 [2023]

My Perfect Stranger 

My-Perfect-Stranger-mp01.jpg

Drama: My Perfect Stranger / Run Into You / Met You By Chance (literal title)
Revised romanization: Eojjeoda Majuchin, Geudae
Hangul: 어쩌다 마주친, 그대
Director: Kang Soo-Yeon
Writer: Baek So-Yeon
Network: KBS2
Episodes: 16
Release Date: May 1 - June 20, 2023
Runtime: Monday & Tuesday 21:50
Language: Korean

Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©

Yoon Hae-Joon (Kim Dong-Wook) started his career at a broadcasting station as a local news reporter. He now works an anchor for the weekend news program and is the youngest anchor to ever work at the broadcasting station. He is calm and straightforward as a journalist and kind to people in his personal life.

Baek Yoon-Young (Jin Ki-Joo) dreamed of becoming a writer, but, to support herself, she works at a publishing company. She is under a lot of stress because of her job and she sometimes takes it out on her mother. One day, Baek Yoon-Young faces a shocking case that changes her life.

Yoon Hae-Joon and Baek Yoon-Young somehow both travel back in time to the year 1987. There, Yoon Hae-Joon tries to find the truth behind a serial murder case and Baek Yoon-Young tries to prevent her parents from marrying. Their goals seem completely unrelated, but they soon realize that their objectives are connected.

Notes
"My Perfect Stranger" takes over KBS2's Monday & Tuesday 21:50 time slot previously occupied by "Oasis."
First script reading took place April, 2022.

Screenshot-20230509-203546-Chrome.jpg

Screenshot-20230509-203556-Chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 5/10/2023 at 11:41 PM, ktcjdrama said:

This kinda gives me the Back to the Future vibes, because of the car :laugh:

Hahaha that's what I felt too plus her parents were involved!

===

I'm glad Episode 5 they started telling each other about their intentions of staying in the 80s. I was getting a little impatient of them concealing the facts when they could totally help each other out. After all, they both came from the future, they only have each other. However, Hae Joon didn't reveal all of what he knew to Yoon Young.

Though from below pre-release, he's finally told her he was one of the victims. Ok, baby step but at least it's being revealed.

Episode 6 Pre-release preview

I'm very curious as to who the real killer is. It had to be someone we know because it needs to impactful.

Gosh! Just when you thought the original 3 suspects are free from being suspicious, and we have a NEW suspect, it cycles back to them again! Ko Mi Sook, of course, remain just as suspicious but it'd be difficult for her size to kill the first victim, who is much bigger than her and she is unlikely able to tie her up etc...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Episode 10

OMFG! I swear, when I saw the pink headband, immediately I thought "Sh*t, don't tell me Hae Joon's mother is Ko Mi Sook!" but if the show really want to screw with him/us, she would be his mother! And then it was the Bong Bong Teahouse's lady boss that came out. Mmm k, yes, it makes more sense that maybe it is her because she's older and not a teenager. *Breathe a sigh of relief*

... only to be hit in the head again! Because Ko Mi Sook wore the exact SAME headband and came out of the cinema. &@#^$#^(&@#@ I'm 99.99999% sure it is her now because from the back, whoever that is, her hair is straight not curly like the lady boss. Plus it would make a lot of sense that Ko Mi Sook wouldn't want to be a mother that young and be tied down!!! 

Did Ko Mi Sook kill her own son? She may not know he was her son in the first place! But the stake and impact would be soooo much greater and entertaining if in the end it is the son catching his birth mother as the murderer. Talk about makjang!

Arrgggh. Anyway, whatever the ending is... just gimme. I'm ready. Gosh, we have 6 more episodes to go!

• Insightful 1
On 6/15/2023 at 5:36 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM @Chocolate @ktcjdrama

I recommend this. Mystery - try guessing the killer without looking at spoiler!

I saw some stills but they don't look very interesting. Is this a GOOOOOOD mystery or just average?

After so many dry months, suddenly there are quite a lot of kdramas to watch so must ration 😅

I tried 2 episodes of Delightfully Deceitful which has the same actor, a bit slow but may also become interesting...

On 6/16/2023 at 11:41 AM, abs-oluteM said:

Is it the FL ? 

Why do you do this? Doesn't that spoil the joy of watching 😂

• Haha 2

I couldn't wait so I chose to watch E15 of this drama first instead of Delightfully Deceitful!

Trying not to spill the beans in case those I recommended to watch this drama come in here, so I'll just make vague references.

I just can't believe the killer is that person! I would never have thought of it, and I was still denying and hoping it wasn't that person. Regretfully he's a psychopath with omma issues. South Korea's male characters always have omma issues! LOL!

I wonder what Bong Bong Teahouse's lady boss wanted from Principle Yoon. That has got to be revealed in the finale, I hope. They can't just cut off without letting us know later.

I am a bit confused about the car, and was Hae Joon killed by that person who time travelled or by an older/future self? The scene kept switching between that person's 1987 look and old man look.

The ending scene was funny. So they are stuck and the car wasn't fixed?! All that goodbyes for nothing. But I'm going to bank on they will return to the future later. Interesting too that their future wasn't 2023, but 2021.

Episode 16 Finale

We have a very nice wrap to the drama - it's a happy ending. The last episode is spent on Hae Joon and Yoon Young wrapping up their ties with their family in the past. Resolving any regrets etc.

I shed a few tears at the scene where Hae Joon told Bong Bong Teahouse's lady boss that her baby will not hate her. That said, even after that, she really did gave up on the baby. I was hoping this future would change.

The finale also clarified how Hae Joon found the car and who it was from. I shall not spoiled this for those who hasn't seen it.

Overall, it's not a bad watch. I do like the multiple twists in various episodes! And for a Kim Dong Wook's drama of the similar genre i.e., crime mystery, this is better than You Are My Spring. I thought it was funny that the set-up of his character is that he is an anchor nim in the present time. Is this a tribute to Find Me In Your Memory? 😆 Except this time, the lady beside him has changed.

@SilverMoonTea Jin Young looks good. If you completed this episode, it means we actually finished a drama together! This is the first (and just us for now). Hahaha!

@Tofu How long have you known Kim Dong Wook? This drama's romance is like bare minimum and so slow burn that even Tea is complaining, which is a first! 😆 I feel like I haven't seen him done a lot of romance-heavy dramas. Find Me In Your Memory probably has the most romance and intimate scenes. You Are My Spring, I actually am not as invested in the romance either. And this, well... the most they did was hold hands and hug. LOL

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

How long have you known Kim Dong Wook? This drama's romance is like bare minimum and so slow burn that even Tea is complaining, which is a first! 😆 I feel like I haven't seen him done a lot of romance-heavy dramas. Find Me In Your Memory probably has the most romance and intimate scenes. You Are My Spring, I actually am not as invested in the romance either. And this, well... the most they did was hold hands and hug. LOL

I feel like Find Me In Your Memory is the most romance heavy drama I've seen him in. Wah? Just holding hands and hugging? Hahaha! 

• Haha 2