Rising with the Wind 我要逆风去 [2023]

Tofu

Rising with the Wind 我要逆风去

00782k-W3gy1h66ib4x6a8j34k26u2npf.jpg

Chinese Title: 我要逆风去 / Wo Yao Ni Feng Qu
English Title: Rising with the Wind
Novel: Wo Yao Ni Feng Qu by Wei Zai
Director: Zhao Yi Long (Assistant Director for Nirvana in the Fire)
Screenwriter: Wei Ran (Previous work: We Are All Alone) and Qin Wen (Previous work: You Are My Hero)
Episodes: 40
Broadcasting Network: iQIYI
Airing Date: Maybe in 2023?

Synopsis:

A story about the revival of a national clothing brand during the e-commerce era follows Jiang Hu who has lived under her father's protection all her life until everything changes overnight. Xu Si, a man she was always at odds with, saves her from committing suicide.

Jiang Hu (Zhong Chuxi) is smart, aggressive yet willful and arrogant. Her father Jiang Qisheng is the chairman of a clothing conglomerate. When she thought about killing herself due to the sudden changes in her life, she is saved by Xu Si (Gong Jun) whose taunting words ignite her determination to rise up against the wind. Xu Si is a sharp-eyed investor with an eye for maximizing profits.

Upon deciding to keep the shoe brand "Tengyue," which is the only thing left from Jiang Hu's family business that has not been acquired, she crosses paths with Xi Su who has purchased the "Tengyue" shoe factor at a low price with the intention to resell it. Jiang Hu tries her best to fight for it and wagers "Tengyue" in its entirety.

To keep the company, Jiang Hu must figure out a way to boost sales, which is why she's recruited Xiang Chaoyang (Betty Wu) and Yang Jian (Gao Zhiting) to join her team. These young people from different strata experience various difficulties in starting a business, and they have also open up new sales channels for the old "Tengyue" shoe brand to branch out through the internet. However, the conflict between Xu Si and Jiang Hu's business philosophies and the tests encountered by the post-90s generation proves to be a challenge for an old brand with 90 years of history.

(Credit)

Official Websites:
Baidu | Weibo | Douban

Cast.

00782k-W3ly1hazhrp2hy7j33ib1yie86.jpg

Gong Jun as Xu Si

00782k-W3ly1hazlfa72inj33ib1yinpg.jpg

Zhong Chuxi as Jiang Hu

00782k-W3ly1hazlfha3xsj33ib1yib2e.jpg

Wu Xuanyi as Xiang Zhaoyang

00782k-W3ly1hazhrjswapj33ib1yi7wk.jpg

Gao Zhiting as Yang Jian

00782k-W3gy1h673lijdmmj32yo1yikeu.jpg

Wei Zheming as Gao Yi

Zhang Chen Guang as Pei Zhiyuan

Wen Zheng Rong as Yue Shan

Liu Pei Qi as Ye Guoming

Sa Ri Na as Fang Moping

Gao Shu Guang as Jiang Qisheng

Dong Xuan

Ye Qing as Song Zhi

Fang Fang as Song Jiali

He Feng Tian as Wu Guanglei

Ge Fan Zhi as Wu Hangze

• 5 months later...
55 minutes ago, Tofu said:

This is airing and I watched a bit of the first episodes, but I don't think I'm into business type dramas right now. I didn't want to listen to the business talks at all. :nervous:

This is my newest obsession! The business part is quite intimidating in the beginning but it really does help. I'm caught up with all the episodes and the balance this show has is amazing! It's not overly done for the romance or business. Me and many others on MDL have agreed this one is the better one out of all the shows that are currently out now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/@dramabler 

IG/FB: dramabler