• Director: Lee Seung-Young
  • Writer: Kim Ji-Eun
  • Network: MBC
  • Streaming Platform: Disney+
  • Episodes: 14
  • Release Date: 1 March - 13 Apr 2024
  • Websites: MDL / NamuWiki 

Plot Summary

Eun Soo-Hyun (Kim Nam-Joo) is a psychology professor and a famous writer, but her life is completely changed. Her young son dies unjustly. Making things worse, the person responsible for her son’s death isn’t punished by the law. Eun Soo-Hyun loses hope with this world. She decides to punish the person responsible for her son’s death by herself. Her life is still in pain and despair. Somehow, Eun Soo-Hyun gets involved with other people who suffer from similar pain as her and solves their mysterious cases. They slowly get healed in the process (source: AsianWiki).

Cast

• Kim Nam-Joo - Eun Soo-Hyun
  • Im Se Mi - Han Yu Ri
  • Cha Eun Woo
  • Kim Kang Woo

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 4

Cha Eun Woo in talks to join cast of new drama 'Wonderful World', led by veteran actress Kim Nam Joo

1685068255-20230525-chaeunwoo.jpg

ASTRO member/actor Cha Eun Woo is in talks to join the cast of a new suspense/revenge drama, 'Wonderful World' (working title).

The drama tells the story of a woman who unjustly lost her young son. When the law forgives the perpetrators of her son's death, she takes it upon herself to enact revenge. It's said that veteran actress Kim Nam Joo will make her small-screen return as the female lead of 'Wonderful World', with director Lee Seung Young of 'Voice 2' heading the project.

Cha Eun Woo is considering the role of a med student who suffered from an illness as a child, Kwon Sun Yool. His dream is to help sick children like him get better. After becoming embroiled in a particular incident, Kwon Sun Yool becomes involved in the revenge plan of the female lead character. 

Actor Kim Kang Woo is also in talks to take on the role of Kim Nam Joo's husband.

source

Actress Kim Nam Joo confirmed to make her return to the small screen with new drama 'Wonderful World'

1685403539-misty-kim-nam-joo-1-1.jpg

Actress Kim Nam Joo has been confirmed to make her return to the small screen with new drama 'Wonderful World'.

'Wonderful World' is a healing drama that depicts the story of a woman named Eun Soo Hyun (played by Kim Nam Joo), who loses her young son in an unjust event. Following her loss, she works hard to punish perpetrators using her own methods outside the law.

Kim Nam Joo will be returning to the small screen after five years, gathering a lot of excitement for her new role. She has received a lot of praise for her previous roles in her successful dramas 'Queen of Reversals', 'Misty', 'My Husband Got a Family', and more. Known for perfectly pulling off roles no matter what kind of genre it may be, Kim Nam Joo raises anticipation for her new role as the successful psychology professor and famous writer Eun Soo Hyun in 'Wonderful World' who faces the cruel world with her own method of justice.

The new drama 'Wonderful World' is scheduled to premiere sometime in 2024.

source

Im Se Mi to work with Kim Nam Joo in "Wonderful World"

d0yXQ0_2f.jpg

Actress Im Se Mi will also work with top actress Kim Nam Joo in the upcoming K-drama Wonderful World.

On May 30, media outlets revealed that Im Se Mi will be joining Kim Nam Joo, ASTRO's Cha Eun Woo, and Kim Kang Woo in the upcoming revenge K-drama Wonderful World

Wonderful World will revolve around a mother who will take revenge on the culprit of his young son's death. After the law decided to forgive the perpetrator, the mother will seek justice and take revenge on her own. 

The upcoming K-drama will be the next work of director  Lee Seung Young (Tracer, Voice Season 2, and Missing Noir M.)

Im Se Mi will portray the character named Han Yu Ri. She is the second lead in the upcoming series.

Wonderful World will be the grand comeback of Kim Nam Joo to K-dramas after five years. Many are already anticipating her return as well as her chemistry with the casts of the upcoming K-drama. 

According to reports, Wonderful World will finalize its casting and will begin filming soon. Airing of the series is set in the first half of 2024. 

This will be the first confirmed project of Im Se Mi for 2024. 

Meanwhile, early this year the actress starred in the hit TVING K-drama Duty After School: Part 1. She worked as a teacher of the main leads Kim Ki Hae, Choi Moon Hee, Kim Su Gyeom, Lee Yeon, and more. 

Im Se Mi will also join the cast of the upcoming K-drama The Worst of Evil. The K-drama will be led by Ji Chang Wook, Wi Ha Joon, Im Sung Jae, BIBI, and Geum Kwang San.

The actress is known for being part of the popular K-dramas True Beauty, Terius Behind Me, Mr. Sunshine, Shopping King Louie, That Winter, the Wind Blows, Heartstrings, and more. 

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 3

I’ll bring the conversation over here @mademoiselle @SilverMoonTea @Chocolate @ktcjdrama

TBH , I like this actress . I told my mum …I could sense her apprehension. Not because of the age gap . She can be a bit biased on the actress . We will know when this starts. 
🤣🤣. As to oppas , it’s true that age is no barrier. 

@ktcjdrama yes I remember the guy that played Dr Roy . Very clearly since The 3rd Charm was a nightmare of a plot 🤪

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

So many revenge dramas lately, why?!:scaredpanda2:

I like the FL, but I don't know if I'll watch it. While noona-dongsaeng dramas are not my favorite, I still watch quite a bit of them. This age gap is too big for me and I would need oppa love to consider watching. Unfortunately, Cha Eun Woo is not an oppa. :duckno: 

• Haha 3
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

So many revenge dramas lately, why?!:scaredpanda2:

I like the FL, but I don't know if I'll watch it. While noona-dongsaeng dramas are not my favorite, I still watch quite a bit of them. This age gap is too big for me and I would need oppa love to consider watching. Unfortunately, Cha Eun Woo is not an oppa. :duckno: 

I will let you know when it is more set in stone about their "relationship". I kind of think Kim Nam Joo herself would say no to romancing any young man as young as Eun Woo (he is 1997er) on TV. It will draw unnecessary criticism and comparison (The Glory is a good example). Not wanting to discriminate women (and myself), but the age gap here is really really big and it does not look particularly good visually with such huge difference on public TV. 

• Like 3
  • 5 months later...

Kim Nam Joo And Cha Eun Woo’s New Drama To Broadcast Next Year Via MBC

20231113035442_kim-nam-joo-cha-eun-woo.jpg?s=900x600&e=t

Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo’s new thriller drama “Wonderful World” (literal title) will be broadcast next year via MBC!

On November 13, industry insiders reported, “‘Wonderful World,’ which is currently in the process of filming, has been scheduled as a new Friday-Saturday drama on MBC next year.”

In response to the report, the production team of “Wonderful World” shared, “‘Wonderful World’ is confirmed to broadcast via MBC. The detailed broadcast schedule is yet to be decided.”

Starring Kim Nam Joo, Cha Eun Woo, Kim Kang Woo, and Im Se Mi, “Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. The drama will be helmed by Lee Seung Young, the director of “Tracer,” “Voice 2,” and “The Missing.”

While Kim Nam Joo will star as the female lead character Eun Soo Hyun, a successful and famous psychology professor and writer who falls into hopeless despair after losing her young son, Cha Eun Woo will take on the role of Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun.

“Wonderful World” is set to premiere in 2024.

source

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Kim Nam Joo And Cha Eun Woo’s New Drama Shares Updates On Broadcast Plans

MBC’s new drama “Wonderful World” (literal title) has provided updates on its broadcast plans.

On December 19, it was reported that “Wonderful World” starring Kim Nam Joo, Cha Eun Woo, Kim Kang Woo, and Im Se Mi is set to premiere in March of next year as a Friday-Saturday drama on MBC.

“Wonderful World” is an emotional thriller about Eun Soo Hyun (Kim Nam Joo), a woman who seeks revenge after the tragic loss of her son. When the culprit manages to evade punishment through the legal system, she decides to pursue justice on her own. The drama will be helmed by Lee Seung Young, the director of “Tracer,” “Voice 2,” and “The Missing.”

Kim Nam Joo stars as the female lead character Eun Soo Hyun, a successful and famous psychology professor and writer who falls into hopeless despair after losing her young son while Cha Eun Woo takes on the role of Kwon Sun Yool, who leads a rough life after dropping out of medical school until he unexpectedly becomes entangled with Eun Soo Hyun. Kim Kang Woo plays Kang Soo Ho, a successful anchorman and Eun Soo Hyun’s husband whose life gets shaken after his son’s death. Im Se Mi portrays Han Yoo Ri, the owner of a select shop who is close to Eun Soo Hyun as if they are sisters.

source

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am unsure what to think of this drama yet. It's a sad episode, as we see a supposedly happy, perfect family shatttered into pieces because of their son's death.

Eun Soo Hyun is a psychology professor and a writer at the peak of her success. On the contrary, her husband quit his reporter job when the company is against him exposing the Assemblyman. Coincidentally, the man who killed their son works for the Assemblyman. On the surface, it all seems like an accident, but I find it hard to believe due to the people involved.

A lot of time was spent on moaning for the son, regrets, and injustice when the court announced the perpetrator is free to go. Korean law, honestly. Having loved how regal Kim Nam Joo was in Misty, it was hard to watch her beg the perpetrator for an apology for her son. The man showed no remorse, which I think he should at least pretend in front of Soo Hyun. In anger, Soo Hyun ran her car over him at the end of the episode. I can't even fault/blame her for her actions. The law failed her. The man showed her no respect or remorse. He deserves a fate like her son. Now I just hope he isn't Cha Eun Woo's father, that might explain their entanglement later...

• Insightful 2
Posted (edited)

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM I can confirm no love line between Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo 😁 She went on Yoo Jae Suk's program and confirmed there is none. Hahaha. And I can also confirm this isn't a fantasy drama. Eun Woo is not her son from the future. Ahahaha!

Episode 2

Urgh. Eun Soo Hyun refused to plead for lighter punishment, so she was sentenced to jail for 7 years. She refused her husband, Soo Ho's visit, and in the end "break-up" with him so that he could pursue a better life without a murderer wife. There is speculation as to whether Soo Hyun indeed left the door open that causes the son to leave the house. She thinks she closed it but unsure. The bad Assemblyman buys Soo Ho's silence by showing him the door was opened. I don't know... I don't think that video footage is trustworthy. They all forget the neighbour lady and her son was outside of their house and she was taking video/photos, so she would have evidence whether the door was indeed closed. There was also speculation that Soo Ho was cheating, and when Soo Hyun was with Soo Ho, the woman left the door open. But if Soo Ho was to cheat, then the only suspect would be Im Se Mi. I sincerely hope not.

Episode 2 is still sad because Soo Hyun can't get over the pain. She's still in pain and sad after coming out of jail. I really hope this low pressure moodiness would be over now because I need the show/story to move on.

Cha Eun Woo is still very good-looking here, but because he works at the junk yard, he transforms into a muscly arm and sweaty hot guy. Though he's still too fair and clean for someone working at a junk yard. Haha! Chocolate would not approve. There weren't much of him except he's doing dodgy things for the bad Assemblyman. At the moment, I'm not sure if he knew he's working for a bad guy or he's just working for the money.

BTS

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 2
  • Sad 1
On 3/3/2024 at 4:00 PM, mademoiselle said:

@Tofu @SilverMoonTea @abs-oluteM I can confirm no love line between Kim Nam Joo and Cha Eun Woo 😁 She went on Yoo Jae Suk's program and confirmed there is none. Hahaha. And I can also confirm this isn't a fantasy drama. Eun Woo is not her son from the future. Ahahaha!

BTS

I'm minority but I was hoping for forbidden romance lols. I'll wait for your update first.

• Haha 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Chocolate What do you mean you have nothing to watch? There's Queen of Tears and Wedding Impossible (did you drop this already?)

---

Eun Soo Hyun is still crying/moaning for her dead son in episode 3-4. I suppose she can't be completely over it since the story began/revolved around her son's death, but I'm getting tired of watching her cry. Anyway, aside from the excessive crying, she was actively looking for the boy her deceased inmate asked her to look for. The inmate felt guilty of her crime and she genuinely wanted to apologise and compensate the boy. This inmate committed arson when she found out her husband cheated on her. The fire killed the boy's parents. The boy (Kwon Sun Yool) turned out to be Cha Eun Woo. Sun Yool at first resented Soo Hyun's approach, but felt a bit different after she acted as his guardian bailing him out of jail (from fighting).

I was losing my concentration and patience with the drama to be honest, but the Show had to give me the scene of Soo Hyun receiving an anoynomous envelope with her husband kissing a woman, so I kept on. Must say, damn it, I really didn't want Soo Ho to cheat because after 7 years in jail, he was still begging Soo Hyun to come back to him. They had a talk about this, he tells this woman meant nothing and was a once-off. It supposedly happened when she was in jail at the time and refused to see him (because she wanted him to have his own life). So Soo Hyun decided to let this slide as well, because they agreed to start over.

Though she says that but she admitted to Yuri (Im Se Mi) that it still bothers her. She is also curious who sent her the photo. I was paying utmost attention at Yuri's reaction when Soo Hyun tells her about this. I couldn't find anything suspicious from her expression. The only odd thing is she, too, asked Soo Hyun to bury this. The sender seems to be stalking her as well as people around her. It can be assumed that this man is the son of the man she killed (the one who murdered her son) because he had a family photo of 3 (The man who killed Soo Hyun's son, a wife and a son). This revenge thing seems to be going in circle.

As for Soo Ho, it's 180° change for him this time as he is the successful one and had become the director of the broadcast station. The mystery man also sent the same photo to Soo Hyun's mother, so the mother-daughter did another round of crying. Bugged by this, Soo Hyun wanted to meet with Soo Ho. But Soo Ho lied that he has a meeting and drove out of the station. Soo Hyun followed him to a hotel where the person who opens the door to let Soo Ho in was the lady neighbour who witnessed Soo Hyun and taking video/photo of her son 7 years ago. Episode 4 ended here, so I guess I'll have to give it another week to decide.

• Haha 1