[K-Artist] Yoon Shi Yoon 윤시윤

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

YSY is the lead of the weekend drama 'It's Beautiful Now', as the middle brother of 3 brothers. There are rare scenes which show all the brothers together, and here is one of the few. It's pretty cute, and should have set up more dynamics for the three, though the drama didn't really take the brothers' relationships with each other that far.

Also, I think YSY looks better with shorter hair in the later episodes than here where it's a bit of a longish mop style.

• Heart Eyes 1
  • 5 months later...

Yoon-Si-Yoon-yoon-shi-yoon-41100414-540-

'A Birth' retells of life of Korea's first priest

By Kwak Yeon Soo

optimize.jpg

A scene from the film, 'A Birth' / Courtesy of Min Film

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon, who portrays Korea's first priest, St. Andrew Kim Dae Geon, in "A Birth," said he focused on depicting Kim as a young adventurer rather than a religious figure in the upcoming biographical film.

"I thought it would be impossible to sympathize with Catholic priest Kim Dae Geon. I asked myself, 'How dare I say that I understand him?' So I tried to approach him as a bold adventurer who was eager to explore the unforeseen world and accept Western culture through religion, languages and education," he said during a press conference for the film, Wednesday.

"A Birth," directed by Park Heung Sik, focuses on the period from when Kim left to study in Macau, until he was martyred for his faith at the age of 25. Born and raised a Catholic, Kim traveled to a seminary in Macau and China at the age of 15 and was ordained as a priest in a cathedral in Shanghai in 1845.

During the wave of persecution of Catholics under the Joseon Kingdom (1392-1910), Kim was beheaded in 1846, at what is now the Saenamteo Martyr's Shrine in Ichon-dong, in Seoul's Yongsan District.

optimize-1.jpg

Actor Yoon Shi Yoon, left, shows the poster of the film, 'A Birth,' to Pope Francis at Vatican City, Nov. 16. Courtesy of Min Film.

• Clapping Hands 1

CurrentlyLiesGrden•CYouIn19thLif•Battle4HappinssWaitingRvenant•Heartb•NumbersFinishedBingeWatchingRace•B.Knight•GloryIIDaily•2D1NS4•RunMan