[K-Artist] Kim Soo Hyun 김수현

• 3 weeks later...

[News] 2020.11.06 Kim Soo Hyun In Talks To Star In New Thriller Series

a7825fbadda949329dad9d6b213e913c.jpeg?s=

Kim Soo Hyun is working on selecting a new project!

On November 6, industry representatives reported that the actor will be starring in the upcoming Netflix suspense series “Finger” (working title).

In response to the report, his agency Gold Medalist commented “‘Finger’ is one of the casting offers Kim Soo Hyun has received. He is currently reviewing [the offer].”

Kim Soo Hyun reportedly received an offer to play the role of an interior designer who is a sociopath with also dissociative identity disorder.

The drama will be written by Han Ji Wan, who previously created the 2016 drama “Wanted,” and directed by Jung Ji Woo, a hit film director who will be taking on a drama for the first time.

“Finger” is scheduled to begin filming next spring.

Source (1) via soompi

===

@TiNaDo @OsmanthusTea @bairama

Is it me or Soo Hyun just loves to play psycho? LOLLL

Also, although not mention in this one, the translated news on weibo mentioned there will be nekkid scenes in Finger. :lenny:

• Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

Jang Taeyoung is just a trial. LOVE IT if he choose psycopath role to challenge his acting, KILL IT (the script!) *pointing finger 

20201106-180436.jpg

LOL many on tl thought he already chooses it as his next project, I read it still in review, right?

Pray for the good!!! @mademoiselle

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@bairama Yes, Gold Medalist responded it's one of the many offers and still reviewing. I'm not sure how I feel about this, hahaha. I actually did not like The American Psycho back when it was released. I thought it was too sick and disturbing for my well-being. I remember coming out of the cinema in a bad mood. :jiminbtssigh:

How are you darling? Are you home yet?

• Like 1

@mademoiselle

I have no idea about this Finger or The American Psycho story at all.....So this will be Netflix original similar to Kingdom (JJH)?? If yes then most likely will be good......Being a psychopath will challenges his acting the reason why some actors accepted this kind of role. It's a risky choice though because either the viewers love it or hate it, no middle ground. My all time favorite of psychopath till today is KJW's MTG......

10 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

@mademoiselle

I have no idea about this Finger or The American Psycho story at all.....So this will be Netflix original similar to Kingdom (JJH)?? If yes then most likely will be good......Being a psychopath will challenges his acting the reason why some actors accepted this kind of role. It's a risky choice though because either the viewers love it or hate it, no middle ground. My all time favorite of psychopath till today is KJW's MTG......

Yeah should be Netflix original. Other articles coined "Finger" as the Korean version of the novel/film "The American Psycho" starring Christian Bale. The movie is quite sick and confusing. When I watched it it ended by telling you all the killing happened in his head, but that's not really what was intended. So confusing part is which one he killed and which he didn't etc. You can read about it on Wikipedia. It is a risky choice, but I'd still watch it for acting performances. If it follows closely with American Psycho then this character may be even worse than Moo Tae Gu.

7 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeah should be Netflix original. Other articles coined "Finger" as the Korean version of the novel/film "The American Psycho" starring Christian Bale. The movie is quite sick and confusing. When I watched it it ended by telling you all the killing happened in his head, but that's not really what was intended. So confusing part is which one he killed and which he didn't etc. You can read about it on Wikipedia. It is a risky choice, but I'd still watch it for acting performances. If it follows closely with American Psycho then this character may be even worse than Moo Tae Gu.

The American Psycho sounds like a whack job......I hope it won't be "REAL" season 2.....:HaunterOK:

• 3 weeks later...

I don't venture down this way very often obviously because I had no idea until now that there was a Kim Soo-hyun thread. But of course there would be. :smug: 

I'm glad that he did well out of It's Okay Not to Be Okay, his military comeback project. It's one of my favourites from this year and his chemistry with Seo Ye-jin was off the charts. 

Excited that he would be taking on a thriller next and possibly playing a psycho. 

Currently Watching: Queen of Tears, In Blossom

"Love is not an affectionate feeling but a steady wish for the loved person's good as far as it can be obtained." -- CS Lewis.

• 5 weeks later...

[News] 2021.01.05 Kim Soo Hyun And Cha Seung Won Confirmed For Remake Of BBC Drama “Criminal Justice”

77e4207b1da94320b0cf3e01ef18efa8.jpeg?s=

Kim Soo Hyun and Cha Seung Won are joining forces for a new project!

On January 5, it was announced that the two actors will be leading the upcoming drama “That Night” (literal title), a Korean remake of BBC’s “Criminal Justice.”

The drama is about two men who get involved in a murder case. Kim Soo Hyun will play Kim Hyun Soo, a normal college student whose life turns upside down when he unexpectedly becomes the key suspect of the murder case.

Cha Seung Won has been cast as Shin Joong Han, a lawyer who barely passed the bar exam and the only person who reaches out to help Kim Hyun Soo.

“That Night” is written by Kwon Soon Kyu of “Warrior Baek Dong Soo” and “The Royal Gambler,” and it will be directed by Lee Myung Woo of “The Fiery Priest,” “Punch,” and “Backstreet Rookie.” It will begin filming the first half of this year and premiere in the latter half of the year.

Source (1) via soompi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2021.03.23 Kim Soo Hyun Talks About Preparing For His New Drama, How His Values Have Changed, And More

kim-soo-hyun-9.jpeg

Kim Soo Hyun recently participated in a pictorial and interview for Vogue.

During the interview, the actor was asked about being more than a decade into his career. Kim Soo Hyun answered, “I first started in 2007 and somehow I’ve already found myself here. If I look back, there were abundant times to the point of excess, but there were also times when I regretted, retreated, felt a lack. I can’t judge whether I was right or wrong when I look back on the past, but I also don’t feel like I should have avoided those situations. Time will pass, and whether it’s an honor or a wound, both of them leave traces. I’m still running toward a dream, and I don’t know how long I’ll be able to make myself heard as an actor, but I’m still able to endure the feelings that surround me now.

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-20.jpegkim-soo-hyun-19.jpegkim-soo-hyun-18.jpegkim-soo-hyun-17.jpeg

He continued, “There was never a time in which I got swept up in a situation or felt desperate, but there was a time when I needed a break. Fortunately, this was around when I enlisted and I found both my question and answer at the same time. I did a movie in between, but not everyone goes to the theater, so the last time people could easily see me was in the 2015 drama ‘The Producers.’ I was in the military for two years, and no matter how fast I chose a project once I was finished, 2020 was the earliest that people could see me again. I questioned whether I could fill that gap of five years. It wasn’t exactly the fear of disappearing from people’s memories, but rather a sense of pressure about showing a new side of me while remaining familiar. With the advent of digital platforms, the viewers’ choices have expanded, so I couldn’t be the only one staying in place.”

kim-soo-hyun-16.jpeg

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-15.jpegkim-soo-hyun-14.jpegkim-soo-hyun-13.jpeg

Kim Soo Hyun shared that his values had changed after his military service. “I stopped feeling greed,” he said. “Before then, I felt like I was responsible for doing a certain amount, and I had this greed to make myself stand out with my acting in each scene. But after I was discharged, I learned how to fit in with the overall scheme. The environment of broadcasting is such that one person can’t fill the whole space. It’s only when you acknowledge others and blend in that you and your partner can shine. I also got rid of a lot of negative thoughts. Apart from work, I tended to approach things with a negative attitude. I’m the type to overthink, but now I accept things as they are. If I can, I try to be positive, but at the very least I try not to dig too deeply into it. If I try too hard to perfect something, then I get stuck in that rut and lose something else. Then I get more regrets, and it ends up poisoning all my attempts to start something new.”

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-12.jpegkim-soo-hyun-11.jpegkim-soo-hyun-10.jpeg

He explained how that change in values had translated to his first project after his military service, the drama “It’s Okay to Not Be Okay.” “Unlike my previous work, ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay’ was a project that I approached with a really comfortable attitude. I thought that I would feel even more pressure about it since it was my comeback project, but I felt more free with it than any other work I’d done. In the past, I thought, ‘I have to stand out, I have to do more to make my character stand out, I have to succeed with my acting.’ But with ‘It’s Okay to Not Be Okay,’ I took a step back and approached it with a more contemplative mood. I didn’t need to be super dramatic or dynamic. In a competition full of professionals, trying to stand out only makes you look like more of an amateur. If you only focus on results, then you feel lonely during the flow of the race, so it’s better to finish at your own pace. I approached the drama with that attitude and it went well.”

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-8.jpegkim-soo-hyun-6.jpegkim-soo-hyun-4.jpegkim-soo-hyun-3.jpeg

Kim Soo Hyun has been cast in the upcoming drama “That Night” (literal translation), a Korean remake of the BBC show “Criminal Justice,” along with Cha Seung Won. Kim Soo Hyun talked a little about the new project, saying, “‘Criminal Justice’ is a drama made in the United Kingdom in 2008. It’s five episodes in the original version, so the storyline moves fast and you get immersed in the characters that much faster. The American version is eight episodes, so there is more detail and explanation. Both versions have their advantages. The Korean version is planned as eight episodes for now, but the broadcast time and method have yet to be determined. I don’t feel a sense of pressure about the original version. Even if I tried to act the exact same way, it wouldn’t come out the same at all. The actors are different, but also the language and the director’s perspective. I saw the U.K. version first, and the first thought I had was, ‘It’s flawless.’ From lead actor Ben Whishaw’s work, to the music, the camera angles, the style, the overall tone and mood, it all appealed to me. Most of the dramas in this genre are focused on finding the true criminal, but this drama was about the relationships between the main character and the people around him. It’s about what happens when an ordinary young man is placed in extraordinary circumstances and how the people around him interpret those events.”

Spoiler

kim-soo-hyun-2.jpegkim-soo-hyun-1.jpegkim-soo-hyun.jpeg

Source (1) via soompi

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Actor Kim Soo-hyun to appear in new drama 'That Night'

Actor Kim Soo-hyun [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kim Soo-hyun [ILGAN SPORTS]

Actor Kim Soo-hyun has decided to take part in a new drama called “That Night,” according to his agency Tuesday.  

The new drama, a remake of the “Criminal Justice” series which originally aired on BBC, covers the investigation after a woman is murdered. 

In the show, he will take on the role of Kim Hyun-su, a very ordinary college student who unexpectedly becomes a suspect in the investigation. The drama is scheduled to start filming in the first half of this year to air in the second half.  

Actor Cha Seung-won has also confirmed his role in drama. He will play a character named Shin Jung-han, a lawyer who helps out Kim.  

BY LEE SUN-MIN   [summerlee@joongang.co.kr]

LINK: https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2021/01/05/entertainment/television/Kim-Soohyun-Korean-drama/20210105155900544.html

• 2 weeks later...

Kim Soo Hyun And Cha Seung Won Gear Up For Upcoming Criminal Drama At First Script Reading

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Sep 30, 2021 | by M. Kang

Coupang Play released stills from the first script reading for their first original series “One Ordinary Day.”

“One Ordinary Day” is a Korean remake of the BBC show “Criminal Justice.” In the upcoming version, Kim Soo Hyun will star as Kim Hyun Soo, an ordinary college student that is designated as a suspect in a murder case overnight. Cha Seung Won will star as Shin Joong Han, a low-class lawyer with no interest in the truth. The series will be directed by Lee Myung Woo, who previously led projects such as “Punch,” “Whisper,” and “The Fiery Priest.”

On September 30, the two actors were joined by Kim Sung Kyu, Lee Seol, and more for the first script reading. Kim Soo Hyun led the team through intense scenes with his fervent glances and passionate tone of voice. His deep emotional connection with his character opened way to Cha Seung Won, grew a beard and tied up hair to match his character. He added to the energy of the room with his compelling acting that worked well with his physical transformations.

kim-soo-hyun-cha-seung-won1.jpg

The other actors followed suit, with Kim Sung Kyu’s charisma coming through with his character Do Ji Tae, one that sits at the top of the food chain within the prison. Lee Seol’s boldness surfaced through her character Seo Soo Jin, a lawyer just starting her career.

The production team commented, “The team of director Lee Myung Woo and talented actors Kim Soo Hyun, Cha Seung Won, Kim Sung Kyu, Lee Seol, and more are passionately invested in ‘One Ordinary Day.’ Please look forward to the series, a well-made one that will expand the spectrum of criminal dramas while delivering a special message.”

“One Ordinary Day” will premiere in November through Coupang Play.

LINK: https://www.soompi.com/article/1491075wpp/kim-soo-hyun-and-cha-seung-won-gear-up-for-upcoming-criminal-drama-at-first-script-reading

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Posted (edited)

[Casting News] Kim Soo Hyun In Talks For New Drama By “Forest Of Secrets 2” Director

Kim Soo Hyun may be gearing up for his next acting project!

On March 21, OSEN reported that Kim Soo Hyun is positively in talks to star in the upcoming series “Knock Off” (working title), which will be helmed by “Forest of Secrets 2” (“Stranger 2”) director Park Hyun Suk.

In response to the report, a representative of Kim Soo Hyun’s agency GOLDMEDALIST shared, “Kim Soo Hyun is positively in talks to star in ‘Knock Off.'”

A source from the production company further revealed that Kim Soo Hyun is in talks to play the leading role and that the broadcast channel and platform are still under discussion. According to the reports, “Knock Off” is a new black comedy series, and it is in talks to broadcast through an OTT (over-the-top) platform.

source

Spoiler

Edited by mademoiselle