MORE THAN FRIENDS

More_Than_Friends-p1.jpg

About The Show

Broadcast Station: JTBC

Schedule: Friday & Saturday, 10.50PM KST, from 25 Sept 2020

Episodes: 16

Duration: 70 mins

Plot Synopsis

More Than Friends stars Ong Seong Wu as Lee Soo, a photographer, and Shin Ye Eun as Kyung Woo Yeon, a calligrapher. Lee Soo and Woo Yeon have had a crush on each other since their high school days, but due to a misunderstanding, have remained only as friends. After ten years of unspoken attraction, what happens when one party decides to change the status quo?

Source: Asian Wiki, My Drama List

• Like 4
  • Party! 1

CAST & CREW

6EJnp_3f.jpg

Director - Choi Sung Bum

Writer - Jo Seung Hee

Ong Seong Wu - Lee Soo

Shin Ye Eun - Kyung Woo Yeon

Kim Dong Jun - Oh Joon Soo

Pyo Ji Hoo (P.O.) - Jin Sang Hyuk

Ahn Eun Jin - Kim Young Hee

Choi Chan Ho - Shin Hyun Jae

Baek Soo Min - Han Jin Joo

Jo Ryun - Woo-Yeon's Mother

Oh Hee Joon - Min Sang Sik

Kim Hee Jung - Choi Won Jung

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 3:07 PM, mademoisellesia said:

There are more than one couple in this drama! I did not know. I don't know why but I'm liking what I see, please Drama God, let it be gooooood.

Yes! Ahn Eun-Jin in her first post-HP drama too! Really anticipating how she will be here.

I am adding my prayers to yours too. LET THIS DRAMA BE GOOD PLEASE.

• Like 2

Just looking at the poster in the first post, and the title translates to:

"From Friends to Lovers, Kyung Woo and Soo"

which is a pun using the leads' names since it could also mean:

"From Friends to Lovers, the Number of Cases"  - cases meaning the number of things that have to happen and the ways that might happen

And, I have to chuckle that the final Korean title for this drama became "Kyung Woo and Su" sticking with the kdrama tradition of naming dramas after the leads, while the English title went for "More Than Friends" which is a bit more descriptive in English.

I rather like friends to lovers stories, so I'm curious about this drama. Plus the OTP look so cute together. Haven't seen either of these actors before, so I'm cautiously hopeful?

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
41 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

"From Friends to Lovers, Kyung Woo and Soo"

which is a pun using the leads' names since it could also mean:

"From Friends to Lovers, the Number of Cases"  - cases meaning the number of things that have to happen and the ways that might happen

And, I have to chuckle that the final Korean title for this drama became "Kyung Woo and Su" sticking with the kdrama tradition of naming dramas after the leads, while the English title went for "More Than Friends" which is a bit more descriptive in English.

Oh that's so cute! I have seen "The Number of Cases" as the Korean title but I didn't realise it was a pun on their names!

I haven't seen either actors as well. But I have been following Ong Seong-wu since he came out on Produce 101. I haven't seen any of his acting either but he was nominated for Best New Actor for his previous project at several awards show, including the Baeksangs so I am anticipating this!

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@stroppyse Ong Seong Woo was in JTBC's At 18. It was a good high-school drama. You guys have @wallflowersforjane to check it out when time permits. I'm endorsing At 18 with your BTS thumbs up :btsnamjoonlove: .

Meanwhile the FL I first knew her from He is Psychometric. First impression of her is that she looks extremely like Lee Yubi, who now stops acting for some reason and her younger sister instead is more actively appearing on screen (Lee Da In in Alice). The FL then did Welcome with Kim Myung Soo and Seo Ji Hoon (the cat one). Now that I think about it, all 3 of her dramas are pairing up with idols. 

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Lee Yubi,

Now, I'm starting to wonder about Lee Yubi. I really liked her in Pinocchio and was happy to see her be the lead in A Poem a Day, but haven't seen her in a role since. I think the last thing I saw was her cameo in Backstreet Rookie as a dog owner/customer at the convenience store. Hope she gets another role soon.

Thanks for the updates on the leads in this drama, though. I'll have to check At 18 sometime when I get a moment since you're recommending it so strongly. :taebtsthanks:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Now, I'm starting to wonder about Lee Yubi. I really liked her in Pinocchio and was happy to see her be the lead in A Poem a Day, but haven't seen her in a role since. I think the last thing I saw was her cameo in Backstreet Rookie as a dog owner/customer at the convenience store. Hope she gets another role soon.

Thanks for the updates on the leads in this drama, though. I'll have to check At 18 sometime when I get a moment since you're recommending it so strongly. 

If you do find out about Lee Yubi, do let me know so I can kill that curiosity cat in me, haha. 

At 18 is on Netflix in some parts of the country. So fingers crossed it's on yours.

• Like 3