More Than Friends / 경우의 수 [2020]

Jane

I started on episode 1. The episode focuses on their past. It's not bad, just makes me wish I had such good looking guy watching over me all the time hahaha. And makes me wonder does anyone have similar experience during their school years? Do share. Do share. Those were the sweet, memorable moments we'll never have again now that we're adults.

I think I figure out why he rejected her so many times now. It seems pretty obvious from just one scene with his family.

Spoiler
  1. Mum and dad are divorced.
  2. Mum and dad's relationship got better after divorce but he feels weird about it.
  3. He wished he had never been born.

Side note: Can't believe he has Ahn Nae Sang as his dad!!!

My guess is that maybe he was an accidental baby and this forced his parents to marry and then divorced. Or the parents' relationship went foul during their marriage and bottom line is he witnessed it all so he doesn't believe in love, therefore even though he was attracted to Woo Yeon he prefers to remain as friends.

Ong Seong Wu is so handsome :wow:

18 Again is also pretty good too. Don't have a thread to say this so I'll say it here ;P

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Haha 3

@mademoisellesia summoned me here... 😃

I like the FL since Psychometric. Not bad acting, and I think I’ve seen the ML before, cannot remember where and when though... But I am still not sure if I have time to watch this. Wait for me while I try to squeeze some time out. 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

8 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

@mademoisellesia summoned me here... 😃

I like the FL since Psychometric. Not bad acting, and I think I’ve seen the ML before, cannot remember where and when though... But I am still not sure if I have time to watch this. Wait for me while I try to squeeze some time out. 

ML was in At 18 or Moment of 18. You might also see him in Traveller 2. He was on Produce 101 and a member of Wanna One.

Yes yes. Please make time for this one too.

Is Wanna One broken up now @wallflowersforjane? I'm not familiar.

• Like 4

I watched about half of the first episode during lunch today and I am loving it! It's so pretty!

@Mouse @stroppyse Have you started?

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

Is Wanna One broken up now @wallflowersforjane? I'm not familiar.

Yup, they are a project group and only meant to last for 1.5 years since the boys were drawn from various companies or may have existing groups.

Ha Sung Woon, another former Wanna One member, is contributing to the OST! 

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

I enjoyed the first two episodes. There was more than enough set up for us to understand the history between WY and LY, and how the friend group came about. I really liked seeing how the girls formed their friendship and their relationship through the years is my favourite thing of the series so far. From the little snippets, I am looking forward to see their stories be told. And although its probably a little cliche that everyone in this group of six may be paired up, it would be interesting to see how Jinju (ace prosecutor) works it out with Sanghyeok the chef.

Although there were funny moments, on the whole, I thought this two episodes were tinged with more than a bit of sadness and disappointment. WY's depressing brush with corporate life, her struggles to be recognised as a calligrapher, her giving up the prestigious writing camp for LY. Young-hee's struggles as well having to start work so young and her bf Hyun-jae potentially feeling like he's not good enough for her since he's still studying while she's working. And of course LY's broken family. I quite pity LY for having had to grow up so quickly with his parents' divorce. But I also wish he took things a little less seriously and perhaps not feel like he doesn't deserve or can't find love just because his parents couldn't.

Young-hee was right. WY has to break the curse of her and LY in this standstill they have had for ten years. I only watched it for a couple of hours and I was so getting annoyed at how repetitive they were. So yay to WY for wanting and really moving forward to try and break the curse! I look forward to LY working hard to chase her back!

I thought Ong Seong Wu and Shin Ye Eun did a really good job portraying their characters over ten years. OSW delivered all those arrogant dead-pan lines of LY's perfectly (yes I want to smack him too @mademoisellesia) while also selling me on LY's loneliness,and SYE got the right mix of cuteness and bittersweet.

The drama itself is gorgeous! I really like that muted, dreamy pastel colour palette that they have gone for. It really underscores the years of memories between WY and LY, as well as the bigger friend group. If this second episode doesn't boost Jeju tourism, I don't know what will. Spending a whole week (or perhaps two) just in Jeju is already on my travel bucket list and seeing WY and LY scoot around, I really can't wait to book that airplane ticket there!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I was called here by @wallflowersforjane. It looks cute. I'll watch the first episode at least and see if I want to continue watching. 

Oh I thought you were planning to! But yes, give it a try!

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

I just realised both Brahms and MTF, the FL is the first to confess and kiss the boys.

And ROY, FL sort of confessed first too? 

• Like 3

@wallflowersforjane

giphy.webp

Alice is not airing this week too! That's 4 episodes for the weekend! I was so looking forward to ep 3-4!!!

1 hour ago, wallflowersforjane said:

And ROY, FL sort of confessed first too? 

Hmm she admitted she's a fan but that's not confession of love.

@stroppyse I hope this is your cuppa and you can spazz with us.

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
2 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

@wallflowersforjane

Alice is not airing this week too! That's 4 episodes for the weekend! I was so looking forward to ep 3-4!!!

Hmm she admitted she's a fan but that's not confession of love.

Looks like I will have time for School Nurse Files then. But I was also so ready for more episodes!

Haha, that's why I said, sort of. :idk:

I see @mademoisellesia diligently selling this drama! Come come @JenL @ktcjdrama, look at the pretty faces of this cast. They need more love!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I'm here to sell this drama again, a summary of episode 1-2 if anyone wanna spoil themselves haha~

@wallflowersforjane I think I've convinced @JenL and @ktcjdrama Now I will await patiently for them to come spazz with us. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow, I'll see @stroppyse spazzing too hahaha. Where's @Mouse? I remember you said you like show like this? Are you obsess with Dating in the Kitchen? :P

@Alice Wonderland Alice, try this drama out too if you like 18 Again.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Hi @Alice Wonderland, just started Ep 1 and 2. No episodes this week because of Chuseok so you have plenty of time to catch up! Yes I think JTBC has been doing really well with their dramas recently. WIL was a bit annoying at the end but it was still very nicely produced.

I am going to tag @LaLa even though I know she has too many dramas on her list. But maybe when Alice is over, she can consider catching up? :cool:

• Like 6

18 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Yes, I was, but then I went into a bit of a meltdown this past week. So, later today, I need to catch up on this and some other dramas as well.

Yikes! I hope you are feeling better! Check it out whenever you can, and looking forward to hear your thoughts whenever they come :hearties:

7 hours ago, mademoisellesia said:

Another BTS

Ooh, got feels in that laundry scene. I need to go and re-watch. 

• Like 2