More Than Friends / 경우의 수 [2020]

Jane

Anyway for Team Lee Soo. Considering the fans love for them , they will definitely be end game :D

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-more-than-friends-episode-4.html

[Naver TV] 'More Than Friends' Episode 4 Comments and Reaction

Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B10.54.32%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B10.53.32%

1. [+147][0] This scene was so funny.. ㅋㅋ

2. [+137][0] Lee Soo ㅋㅋㅋMileage gift is so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+113][0] The episodes get funnier each time, I can see more of Lee Soo and Kyung Woo 

4. [+107][0] Finally, she's won the gift ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ♡♡

5. [+95][0] Wired headphones to wireless headphones, I really like Lee Soo's coincidence narrative 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B11.02.54%
Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B11.03.32%

1. [+80][0] Please take a photograph of Wooyeon coincidently Soo-ya..... 

2. [+76][0] I'm waiting for Lee Soo💓Wooyeon to date... 

3. [+72][0] Wooyeon, I really hope you date Lee Soo ~ ㅠㅠ

4. [+66][0] Lee Soo taking photographs is so handsome, the street view is pretty and Ong Seongwu is handsome so my eyes are feasting 

5. [+63][0] Ong Seongwu's pick of Lee Soo's best line

[Heart stopping ending] Ong Seongwu shaking up Shin Yeeun's heart, "I don't like it when you see that guy"

Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B11.19.55%

Screenshot%2B2020-10-10%2Bat%2B11.18.39%

1. [+271][-1] Insane, what's up with his voice, it's so sexy. Lee Soo is totally a FOX 🦊🤘

2. [+231][-3] If you keep going like this, you can't be anything less than Wooyeon's husband 

3. [+222][0] Don't go.... saying thatㅠㅠ Soo is seriously an experienced game player.... I'm going to lie down here today. Can someone wake me up next Friday? 

4. [+215][0] I love how speedy this drama's storyline moves on. I didn't think Lee Soo would act like this, this quickly 

5. [+204][-3] Ong Seongwu is so heart fluttering,,, 
  • Like 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

• Okay, first, let's celebrate that Soo took off his black ear stud! :yoongibtscheer: Hopefully he never puts it back on again! Or at least change to a lighter colour...jaebal.

• When Young Hee and boyfriend fought, lol, it reminded me of Brahms, she reminds me of the female version of Joon Young. LOL. 

• The moment Soo took Woo Yeon's picture and then realised he fell for her that long ago, he looked so whipped with shock I chuckle a little (only a little). I do feel bad for him for unable to realise his feelings earlier, but then again I wouldn't have a drama to watch if he does. :P

• I agree with this. In this episode it showed us that it isn't just Soo was traumatised by his parents' marriage but also Young Hee. This is definitely something for current parents to ponder upon when they are about to fight in front of their children.

Spoiler

EklyqulXEAEy52X?format=jpg&name=large

• Two things I don't actually like / agree.

1. On Joon Soo is too nice and heading for a huge heart break. Plus I do wonder under normal (real) circumstances, can a guy withstand knowing the woman he likes / dating loves someone else?
  2. Woo Yeon accepting Joon Soo is like rebounding.

--- I think I'll just end here ---

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 1

I wasn't planning on watching episode 6 because I saw photos floating around Twitter about what happened at the end. @SilverMoonTea convinced me because Soo is told that his earring is, essentially, not attractive -- something that has bothered me since the beginning. Haha!! 

Woo Yeon, I knew I could trust you!

spacer.png

Arguably the best scene in episode 6, no? Haha! *thank you drama gods*

spacer.png

Now that we got that out of the way, many things happened in episode 6. I'm in awed at how much they were able to packed all into one episode! 

Spoiler

• Soo finally told his parents that their relationship confuses him. They went from getting a divorce because they were fighting everyday to being friends and acting lovingly to each other. Soo's thoughts every time he saw them is reminiscent of my own thoughts when I see my parents (they are divorced and doing the same thing as Soo's parents). It becomes stressful and, at times, exhausting. You feel like you're always walking on eggshells around them, not knowing what to say. I hope that Soo's parents take what he says seriously and evaluate their relationship. 
  • I agreed with you, @mademoiselle, about the fight between Young Hee and Hyun Jae. I was reminded of Brahms too. I feel like Brahms has taken over my life and everything reminds me of it. Haha! I hope that Young Hee learn to express herself with Hyun Jae and even the girls. Often times you feel like a burden to someone else if you share your struggles, but it's actually a bigger burden to the other person to not know -- they end up worrying about it themselves. As Jeong Ha in ROY said, "The people you love want to share your burden with you."
  • Can we count Jin Joo in this group of children ruined by their parents? Her mom always told her that she will meet someone like Hyun Bin and Lee Min Ho after she finish her studies. She took that to heart and has struggled to find someone who fit into that. The drama has only showed brief moments here and there but I hope something develop between her and Sang Hyuk. :heart:
  • Joon Soo's confession was so cute. Can someone confess to me in that way too?! :cool: Haha! I'm beginning to feel conflicted on which male character I should be cheering her on with. The ending scene where Woo Yeon asked Joon Soo if she was too late, had me a little upset for Joon Soo. He is understanding of the history between Woo Yeon and Soo, which is probably why he asked his friend about first loves. I do not like that Woo Yeon is using him, unintentionally, as a rebound because she's heartbroken about what happened with Soo. In the preview for the next episode, it seems like Joon Soo is going to be a little bit possessive of his relationship with Woo Yeon. I'm not sure if this is because he realized that he needs to be a little more assertive this time around; since last time, the person he liked ended up marrying his brother. The brief zoom to him grabbing her hand in front of Soo, I think he knows that continuing on with Woo Yeon means he'll be in for some heartache again. 
  • Woo Yeon throughout the last couple of episodes, I understand why she is hesitant to believe Soo's words. He even said it himself, by comparing it to the story of the boy who cried wolf. I love that even though she keeps telling Soo that she doesn't believe anything he says, her friends call her out on it. They know that she would always choose Soo. 
  • As for Soo in this episode, I am glad that he finally sorted out his feelings. I was beginning to feel a little frustrated with how oblivious he was to them. 

Some of my favorite Soo/Woo Yeon moments in episode 6:

Spoiler

Can we count this as part of Soo's realization of how much he has grown to like Woo Yeon's presence in his life?

spacer.png

He took the photo of the person he likes!

spacer.png

Not sure why, but I just really liked the way this was captured.

spacer.png

Lastly, this ending scene. :PiplupCry:

Spoiler

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

I agreed with you, @mademoiselle, about the fight between Young Hee and Hyun Jae. I was reminded of Brahms too. I feel like Brahms has taken over my life and everything reminds me of it. Haha! I hope that Young Hee learn to express herself with Hyun Jae and even the girls. Often times you feel like a burden to someone else if you share your struggles, but it's actually a bigger burden to the other person to not know -- they end up worrying about it themselves. As Jeong Ha in ROY said, "The people you love want to share your burden with you."

Thank you Tofu, for sharing your insights. And with the above, I thought I'll share something I saw on Weibo which makes me laugh. It relates to a weibo user posting screen shots of ROY of that exact scene/quote "The people you love want to share your burden with you" and her own post said "Doesn't Joon Young watch TV?" - Hahahaha. And the response in the comment section cracks me up too where they all said his house is so empty and he really doesn't have a TV. :laugh:

To be honest, I applaud Joon Soo for his courage. For wanting to be more aggressive because he doesn't want to lose another love one or for not trying harder. Therefore for his part, I think he did what he thought was right by his heart. I'm just not sure whether he is able to "trust" Woo Yeon. And then there's Woo Yeon, who I think should not have accepted Joon Soo when she likes someone else, but then again I have met people who rebounded after a break up and start a new relationship that way... so I'm not so sure myself. Just ethically, I suppose, it's not polite.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Thank you Tofu, for sharing your insights. And with the above, I thought I'll share something I saw on Weibo which makes me laugh. It relates to a weibo user posting screen shots of ROY of that exact scene/quote "The people you love want to share your burden with you" and her own post said "Doesn't Joon Young watch TV?" - Hahahaha. And the response in the comment section cracks me up too where they all said his house is so empty and he really doesn't have a TV. :laugh:

Hahaha! Maybe the writers for Brahms, ROY, and More Than Friends are writing their scripts in the same room. There are so many parallels with each other. :laugh:

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

To be honest, I applaud Joon Soo for his courage. For wanting to be more aggressive because he doesn't want to lose another love one or for not trying harder. Therefore for his part, I think he did what he thought was right by his heart. I'm just not sure whether he is able to "trust" Woo Yeon. And then there's Woo Yeon, who I think should not have accepted Joon Soo when she likes someone else, but then again I have met people who rebounded after a break up and start a new relationship that way... so I'm not so sure myself. Just ethically, I suppose, it's not polite.

In the preview for episode 7, Joon Soo talks about timing the way Soo did at the end of episode 6. In the translation on YouTube, Joon Soo said something along the lines of, "Not trying to fix the missed timing means their feelings weren't strong enough". Can we get a breakdown of his previous relationship with his sister-in-law in the upcoming episodes? I want to see what made him say this when there's a possibility that he also missed his timing with her (sister-in-law) too. I agreed that timing is everything, but when you missed your moment, there are a number of factors you have to consider now. Based off this comment, I think Joon Soo will continue to be bothered by Soo's and Woo Yeon's relationship but I don't know if it will stop him from wanting to be with her. I mean, he waited for her even after she rejected him and went to Soo. 

As for Woo Yeon, I agreed with you. I don't like what she did at the end of episode 6. She rejected Joon Soo, went to Soo, and when he didn't show up, she decided to start something with Joon Soo. This will only hurt Joon Soo in the future because he feels like he has a chance and it will continue to contribute to the misunderstandings with Soo. 

Episode 7 Preview:

Rough translation from Joey on YouTube:

Soo: Happy Birthday, Woo Yeon. Sorry, the present is late.

Woo Yeon: It was only two days.

Soo: Those two days were really long.

Joon Soo: I'm Woo Yeon's boyfriend.

Sang Hyuk: How did you end up dating Woo Yeon?

Joon Soo: I really like Woo Yeon. Because she's someone who deserves to be loved.

??: Why is your hand like that?

Sang Hyuk: He got hit by a car on the way to Namsan tower on Saturday.

Joon Soo: They say love is all about timing. Not trying to fix missed timing is because their feelings for that person aren't strong enough. It's a person who has courage that seizes the right timing.

Woo Yeon: What happened to your hand?

Soo: It's nothing.

Woo Yeon: I'm really glad you didn't come that day.

Soo: Was I really terrible to you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@mademoiselle @Tofu thanks for the insights. This drama sometimes frustrates me but I am still watching ...lol! 
Based on what I read, I am concern about this new relationship btwn WY and JS . I am actually Team CEO JS but I did not want it this way either - not as a rebound. It would have been a lot healthier if she had come to truly like him and not do this to spite Soo . In some ways, if this goes awry, JS will have to blame himself. JS knows full well the history between between WY and Soo , and yet he is willing to have his heart be broken. Romantic or foolish ? I don't know. Maybe it is the pain of losing his 1st love to his brother that makes him worried about losing the opportunity to find love again. Bad feeling for this

Interesting comments from k nets- they wanted Soo to tell the truth , feel frustrated with the plot and feel bad for CEO :shocked:

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-more-than-friends-episode-6.html

[Naver TV] 'More Than Friends' Episode 6 Comments and Reaction

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B22.52.26.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B20.42.20.

1. [+69][-0] Did Lee Soo lie to himself or could he not be honest about his feelings with himself because he didn't want to get hurt by love 

2. [+63][-0] Actor Ong Seongwu's voice is so nice💓💓💓 I love the narration💓💓💓

3. [+59][-0] Is Lee Soo the boy that cried wolf because he disregards his own feelings? Ong Seongwu's voice is seriously so nice

4. [+57][-0]  Lee Soo has come to recognise his feelings so I'm becoming curious to know why he compares himself to the boy that cried wolf

5. [+54][-0] Ong Seongwu's narration is seriously so niceㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why do I suddenly feel so bad for the boy who cried wolf ㅠㅠㅠㅠ 

"I'm sorry" In the end, Shin Yeeun chooses Ong Seongwu over Kim Dongjun 

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B22.51.16.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B20.44.27.

1. [+141][-0] Why won't you say anything!!!!!! Why won't you say that you're hurt!!!!!!!!!

2. [+119][-0] It would have been better to just honestly say there had been a car accident instead.. Well, it's about time to see Lee Soo trying to hold onto her 

3. [+96][-0]  Of course, there's no way it would happen by Episode 6 ;;Ugh 

4. [+84][-0] You should have just said.... Sigh, Lee Soo.. this fool.... just say there was an accident and you're in the hospital 

5. [+74][-0] This isn't right, it's seriously really heart-breaking

[Regretful Ending] Ong Seongwu is frustrated at seeing Shin Yeeun in Kim Dongjun's arms

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B22.49.36.Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B22.49.50.

Screenshot%2B2020-10-17%2Bat%2B20.46.58.

1. [+187][-9] Ha, writer-nim are you really doing this?? Even though it was about timing, this isn't it ㅠㅠㅠ Why couldn't you say it was an accident, Lee Soo-ya ㅠㅠㅠ I feel like I've got indigestion from eating too many sweet potatoes (T/N: OP means the plot is too frustrating)

2. [+179][-30] No but, if it keeps going this way, I'll feel so bad for the CEO if she chooses Lee Soo

3. [+174][-5] I wanted to see the male lead having regretsㅠ But now that I see it, it's sadㅜㅠㅜㅠ

4. [+167][-23] It's sad because Junsu is a really good person ㅜㅜ  If she's going to be with Lee Soo, she'll break up with Junsu... Junsu has a lot of scars from his first love becoming his sister-in-law so please don't make him sad again writer-nim ㅠㅠ

5. [+157][-6] They're seriously star-crossed ㅠㅠ Writer-nim, please turn it back quickly ㅠㅠ

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@mademoiselle don't worry , lol.. I am still intrigued with how it will unfold. My poor CEO. My heart hurts when I should be rejoicing. Too bad there's no other suitable girl in the drama for him. 

8EWS7iw.png

Actually all the intended pairings here  -WY-Soo and Young Hee-Hyun Jae would have a lot less problems if they'd properly communicated , and leave this need to shelter the other person aside ( Soo & YH ) . It is okay to share your burdens, speak the truth rather than hold it in .  I suppose that's where the story's message is headed for.

By the way what actually annoyed me rather than the plot were these shoes she was wearing ...urgh stylist ...what were you thinking , it totally did not match the dress :shocked2:

Spoiler

fOuA33x.png

• Haha 2

Hahaha @abs-oluteM Kim Dong Jun has us :P

He's no LMH or HB, but surely a CEO fits the "bill"? LOL. Too bad I think Prosecutor friend is meant for P.O isn't it?

Yes, I agree with the shoes. I was thinking the same when I saw it. I mean, in real life, perhaps it can happen but this is after all drama surely they can find more girlie shoes even though it's raining outside and this shoes seems more fitting for a rainy day than heels and more comfy walking around Namsam Tower.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahaha @abs-oluteM Kim Dong Jun has us :P

He's no LMH or HB, but surely a CEO fits the "bill"? LOL. Too bad I think Prosecutor friend is meant for P.O isn't it?

yes, prosecutor girl is definitely meant for Chef. They have laid the groundwork there for all the scenes. Plus , she does not feel like a good fit for CEO. 

• Haha 1

Hi all, with so many ongoing Kdramas now, am I the only one who are very obsessed with this drama?! I am spamming to much in twitter to the point that I feel guilty for maybe I was giving spoilers too much. Hahaha.

But, I know that the story is not that unusual (quite classic actually), but maybe that the point makes me finally overcome my drama slump! It has been a while for me to be able watching Kdrama without skipping any scenes and enjoying every minutes of it.

What I love from this drama, all characters' stories are something that happen so often in life:

- Woo-yeon who is hardly moving on from her unrequited love despite how many times she was rejected and hurt because of it.

- Young-hee with her family financial problem and effects her perspective on relationship and marriage. I feel so sad for her but she also being so hard for herself.

- Jin-joo who looks having perfect life but then what the meaning of success and wealthy when you don't have any special person accompany her. She is kind of goo-for-nothing type but I really understand the loneliness that she felt.

- Lee-soo who has scars from his parent's relationship becoming so cynical with love and relationship. I hate him for his selfishness on protecting himself with rejecting Woo-yeon. But then we knew now that he is very afraid that we will become like his mother - so easy to move on and even be friends with her ex-husband, or maybe become like his father who are actually not moving on yet but don't have any choice to be friend with her ex-wife just because he didn't want to lo lose her.

That's why I am also so frustrated with Soo and Woo-yeon, and I feel very sorry for the CEO, but I can help for still rooting Woo-yeon with Soo.  If I was in Woo-yeon position, I will definitely choose the CEO. But after watching what happen to Soo since Ep1-Ep6, I don that Soo will not survive without Woo-yeon.

And the last scene in Ep 6 is so .... heart breaking and yes remind me with Jungwan in Reply 1988!! :jinbtscry:

Sorry for the long rambling! Cannot wait for next week episodes!

• Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 1

Ugh, I should have expected that would be the case. Neither one of them want to admit that they went to see each other. Of course Joon Soo would be the one to know this secret too. Can Sang Hyuk blurt it out during one of their gatherings? Can we have them get together before the last two episode of the series? Record of Youth has me wanting only happy things to happen right now to all the dramas I'm watching. Haha! 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Record of Youth has me wanting only happy things to happen right now to all the dramas I'm watching. Haha! 

I heard they broke up. What episode are this on now? Surely they'll make up like the Brahms couple, hehehe. 

I don't actually mind Soo being tortured a little. Plus there are still a lot of things about each other that the OTP should get to know before deciding "Hey, you are The One". Feelings of like/love is one thing, and being able to still love each other after getting to know the good and the bad are another (+ the conflict of co-habitation as well). This would obviously be the "practical" storyline and the show need not explore it however Woo Yeon knows very little about Soo - both his heart & this inner thoughts. It's perfect time for her to learn it without her pink filters on.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I heard they broke up. What episode are this on now? Surely they'll make up like the Brahms couple, hehehe. 

Finale is next week! At the end of episode 14, Jeong Ha asked to break up. I'm not sure the context of it so I'm not going to worry too much but Hye Jun cried a lot in the episode so I'm a little heartbroken over that. :PiplupCry:

4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I don't actually mind Soo being tortured a little. Plus there are still a lot of things about each other that the OTP should get to know before deciding "Hey, you are The One". Feelings of like/love is one thing, and being able to still love each other after getting to know the good and the bad are another (+ the conflict of co-habitation as well). This would obviously be the "practical" storyline and the show need not explore it however Woo Yeon knows very little about Soo - both his heart & this inner thoughts. It's perfect time for her to learn it without her pink filters on.

I wholeheartedly agreed that Soo should have to work a little harder to get Woo Yeon back. I think he should go through just as much heartache as Woo Yeon did! Is it bad that I want Soo to also call Woo Yeon drunk once too? Haha! I agreed that it'll be interesting to see how both Woo Yeon and Soo get to know each other again. A lot has change in the ten years that they were apart, they are not particularly the same people they were when they were in high school. Soo is not direct with his feelings which is the oppose of Joon Soo. Joon Soo is really straightforward with what he wants. That seems to be something Woo Yeon appreciates because she's not constantly confuse like she is with Soo. There are depth to the things that Soo says but Woo Yeon doesn't always catch them. 

On 10/19/2020 at 11:09 PM, Tammy_fullofdrama said:

Hi all, with so many ongoing Kdramas now, am I the only one who are very obsessed with this drama?! I am spamming to much in twitter to the point that I feel guilty for maybe I was giving spoilers too much. Hahaha.

That's why I am also so frustrated with Soo and Woo-yeon, and I feel very sorry for the CEO, but I can help for still rooting Woo-yeon with Soo.  If I was in Woo-yeon position, I will definitely choose the CEO. But after watching what happen to Soo since Ep1-Ep6, I don that Soo will not survive without Woo-yeon.

Sorry for the long rambling! Cannot wait for next week episodes!

I post a lot about the drama on Twitter too so you're not alone! Joon Soo is your all around nice guy and I think if I wasn't partial to Soo, I would want Woo Yeon to end up with him too. Soo mentioned in episode 6 that he will really be alone if Woo Yeon isn't by his side anymore. I'm curious as to why he says this now. What about all those ten years that they were apart? From what we know so far, Soo never attempted to stay in contact with her. Was he not alone during that time?

spacer.png

Credit: Naver

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Is it bad that I want Soo to also call Woo Yeon drunk once too?

No, I totally need him to be drunk! I think he keeps his emotions in check and not letting go. It'd be good to see what will happen if he does and what would he say when he's drunk.

3 hours ago, Tofu said:

Soo mentioned in episode 6 that he will really be alone if Woo Yeon isn't by his side anymore. I'm curious as to why he says this now. What about all those ten years that they were apart? From what we know so far, Soo never attempted to stay in contact with her. Was he not alone during that time?

I think it's because Woo Yeon wanted to really keep a distance with him (to the point of not even see/talk to him anymore) so he felt like he's really going to be alone than compared to all those years where he knows they're still friends and he'd still be seeing her when he returns to Seoul.

Re: RoY

Oh man, why another breaking up in E14? Can't they do it earlier, lol.

• Insightful 1

@mademoiselle: Yes! A drunk Soo expressing his inner thoughts would be nice. Ahh, I see, that makes sense too! With Woo Yeon wanting to maintain distance, he is finally understanding that he will really be alone now. 

So many intense stares from Joon Soo, Woo Yeon, and Soo. Haha! I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but I'm excited to watch it. =)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle: Yes! A drunk Soo expressing his inner thoughts would be nice. Ahh, I see, that makes sense too! With Woo Yeon wanting to maintain distance, he is finally understanding that he will really be alone now. 

So many intense stares from Joon Soo, Woo Yeon, and Soo. Haha! I haven't watched tonight's episode yet but I'm excited to watch it. =)

I totally spoilered myself by watching the cut scenes on YouTube. He did drown himself in soju but no drunk phone calls. I guess Soo is just a very self-controlled person LOL.

Now I just have to wait till the subtitles are out and watch it properly. This won't happen until much later in the afternoon. P.S. Soo is being a good boy, I think, for letting Woo Yeon properly date Joon Soo and not hinder them.

• Like 1

@mademoiselle Ugh, why?! Soo just needs to let loose a bit. Haha! Judging from what we've seen so far from him, he'll probably let them date while still staying true to himself and his feelings -- meaning he'll continue to say and do things to confuse her still. LOL!

Edit: Soo's heart is fluttering now. :love:

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2