More Than Friends / 경우의 수 [2020]

Jane

6 hours ago, Tofu said:

Ahh!! All these pictures! I've been super busy the last few days trying to wrap up work so I can go on vacation (starts today). I plan on watching the last two episodes tomorrow and will add my thoughts. I have a feeling I'll be happy to see them together but also annoyed that we are getting introduced to another character. How many K-Drama tropes are we going to have in this series?!

I'm happy to see them lovey dovey. However I don't know why the heart fluttering moment I used to have in the beginning is no where to be found anymore. I don't even feel "Kyaaa" like how I see Brahms couple hold hands, kiss, smiles at each other etc. Actually I have not felt it for any other couples but Brahms...

Imma gonna go update Brahms now...

• Like 2

@mademoiselle - I completely agreed! All their moments were cute but I feel like I'm on edge just waiting for something else to happen to them again. I guess this is what happens when it takes a drama 11 episodes for the main couples to get together. :niu:

I'm glad that Woo Yeon was straightforward with Joon Soo and let him know how she feels. I was afraid that was going to get dragged on a bit more. I hope that Joon Soo is able to move on from this because, outside of the slight obsession he had, he was a good guy. 

That moment between Young Hee and her mother at the park was endearing. I think they needed that. I'm not looking forward to the next episode because it seems like Hyun Jae's family is going to ask her to let him go. I hope she doesn't, but I know she'll probably have second thoughts about her relationship with Hyun Jae. She always feel apologetic towards him. 

Jin Joo and Sang Hyuk are slowly but surely progressing, which is good. Sang Hyuk telling Jin Joo that he's doing all of that because he wants her to know how she should be treated was :wow:. The scene with the barista at the police station...haha! I was like, "You tell him who's boss!" :laugh:

Here's to hoping the remaining four episodes will be good to us. I just ask that it gets wrapped up nicely, please? :yoongibtspls:

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle - What is this?! I watched some clips from yesterday's episodes and I'm not going to watch this until the week of the last two episodes.

Hahahahaha... I must say the recent episodes had been a bit of let down. My interest level went down a lot - it's a bit of a pity because I really liked it in the beginning. I'm not even surprised last night's episode went down that route because it was obvious they would separate again to pursue their dreams. What I didn't understand is why Woo Yeon asked to break up (have to watch the full episode). Like, seriously, you can try out distance relationship for a while and if it doesn't work out then you think about break up, no? Isn't that the normal process or new age generations don't do that anymore? Edit: I watched the episode. They did try out long distance (phew!).

With Young Hee's story, granted it's realistic but it's not my cuppa in a drama to repeatedly talk about the same thing again & again—her conversation with Mum about dying, not dying, leaving them behind was repetitive and heavy. And Young Hee had always been toying with the idea of break up for a long time...she's too moppy for my liking and I feel too sorry for Hyun Jae. Much prefer the Bear that she is in Hospital Playlist.

As for Jin Ju and Sang Hyuk, I figure out why I'm not at all excited/heart fluttering with their get-together or care a lot about. It's the story-telling. I'd say if the show has given some more time to develop their "relationship" earlier in the episodes, slowly building up... much like how they build up Woo Yeon and Soo's story arc then it may be more convincing than all of a sudden Jin Ju goes "I like you too!". In addition, I was not fond of a lot of the things that Sang Hyuk said to Jin Ju in last week's episode. I cannot remember the details of it but it was he was begging for her to love him and lowering himself to nothing if only Jin Ju could look at him that sort of context.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Reviving this thread! I am slowly picking up More Than Friends again, I just completed Eps 9 & 10. Some brief thoughts for @Tofu and @abs-oluteM.

The two guys TIRED ME OUT. Watching them compete over WY when she clearly wanted them to stop really irritated me. I was especially disappointed in how CEO tried to get to her and to guilt her somewhat into getting back together with him. Sorry, I can't with that. I think she couldn't as well and that's what driving her back towards Soo. It's nice to see Soo being vulnerable finally. It feels like he's been reflecting on the past ten years and how he treated WY (albeit it may have been unintentional). 

WY, I must really applaud her for being so determined to move on from the two guys. I thought she did everything right and her reasons to cut them off were sound as well. She's really eloquent as well in her exchanges with the guys which often strikes me as being unrealistic. But hey it's a drama!

I knew that Yeon-hee's happiness wouldn't last. I was just wondering what would be the trigger to stop her from proposing to her boyfriend. The timing sucks so much. But it was really nice to see her being so happy and couply for most of the two episodes.  I cried with her during that scene with her Mum. Not looking forward to the angst she is going to put herself through.

Jin-ju ah Jin-ju. I think we all saw that coming that the young boy was swindling her. I am glad they quickly got that over and we are moving to her and the bar owner (till this ep, I am still not sure what his name is!). I super loved the scene where they were yelling at each other in the car and he blurted out he liked her. That is so them, don't you think! The yelling at each other is their love language. Hee hee hee! I can't wait to see how she falls in love with him and how he realises that he is good enough for her.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

8 hours ago, Jane said:

The two guys TIRED ME OUT.

Sigh. This sentence was enough for me to remember how tiring I felt watching their exchanges too. I'll probably put the remaining four episodes on my "to-watch" list this weekend. I should at least try to finish it in 2020 so it can stay together with the craziness of this year. Haha!

• Haha 2
13 hours ago, Tofu said:

Sigh. This sentence was enough for me to remember how tiring I felt watching their exchanges too. I'll probably put the remaining four episodes on my "to-watch" list this weekend. I should at least try to finish it in 2020 so it can stay together with the craziness of this year. Haha!

Yes, let's finish this weekend. I am going to try and keep up with you and marathon this through so we can accompany each other at least! (This feels like the also very tiring Was It Love that we sat through!)

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The "1 month later + dot dot dot" cracks me up

OMG what a feature! We learned something new about the forum! :laugh:

Edited by Jane
  • Like 2

I can finally say that I've completed this drama! :pandacoolsip:

Because it's been a while since I watched episode 11, I couldn't remember some of the things that's happened so far. In some ways, that probably worked in the drama's favor because I was less frustrated with it. 

I rediscovered why I liked Joon Soo in the first place in the last four episodes. I don't know why they turned him to an obsessive character in the middle of the drama. I wished he stayed true to this version of his character instead. 

Jin Ju and Sang Hyuk are cute, but I did dislike that Sang Hyuk feels so unworthy that he has to match Jin Ju. I'm not saying that's horrible, but it's a bit unhealthy for a relationship. The acceptance of their marriage from Jin Ju's mom was hilarious though. Having the approval of your pet is very important! :laugh:

I fast forwarded a few of Young Hee's and Hyun Jae's scenes because I just got exhausted with this whole "get out of my misery" arc of theirs. I'm glad that the ending was good for both of them. 

I'm glad that Soo and Woo Yeon did not put their careers are hold for each other. Both of them are in the early stages of their careers so taking any opportunity that comes their way is important. I'm also glad that they tried long distance for at least two months before calling it quits. There is a lack of communication between Soo and Woo Yeon, they both seem to not want to work on their relationship, it's always about someone suppressing their feelings for the others. Or I guess "lying" about how they are feeling because that's how it was brought up in the drama. I'm glad Woo Yeon had that talk with Hyun Jae where he told her that no love is going to be what you want it to be. Happy ending for the pair but wow....what a wild ride to get there. 

Thanks @mademoiselle and @Jane for keeping me company during this entire drama! Jane, if you do not finish, it's understandable. LOL!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

@Tofu Yay, you've completed it. It was hard, isn't it? By the last 2 episodes, knowing that it'll be happy ending, it was difficult watching them taking the long route getting back together.

I wished Hyun Jae get to see that little proposal booklet Young Hee made for him in the finale but that never happened. It's such a pity because I think he deserved to be proposed to and shown with it at that very moment (not later).

Soo and Woo Yeon - I lost interest completely because it dragged on way too much. And there's a part of me that thinks if Woo Yeon could love Soo for 10 years without Soo being physically by her side, why is it so hard for her to endure one more year without him? I was disappointed that "their love" couldn't stand the test of time, which is only 1-2 years.

In exchange of earrings, Soo came back with all the glasses PPLs. :laugh: I honestly thought those glasses did not suit him.

Thanks for accompanying me on this wild ride too. I anticipated seeing Ong Seong Woo's return with a drama, but little did I know it'd end up this way. Moment of 18 is definitely a better drama and I recommed checking it out.

• Haha 3

Hi hi hi! I powered through and completed the drama today! I am so glad to finally cross this off my list.

Honestly, the last stretch of episodes was just really predictable in how the drama would end. I was pretty bored by the end of it and I suppose that's why the ratings were as low as it is. I thought all the actors did a good job, the drama aesthetics and costume style was probably one of the prettiest this year — but that can't really hide a basic storyline. It dragged towards the end, which I think might have been the tone the production wanted. This worked really well for Brahms but just not for MTF, because of the cutesy vibe they went with all the couple scenes.

I was disappointed with Lee Soo and Woo-yeon's relationship developments. It just felt so contradictory to me that she could turn down the second book calligraphy project with Eunyu but not the drama project if she had already made the decision to join Soo. And why couldn't she work on the book calligraphy remotely at least? Wasn't that what  she was telling her mother that she could work remote? And why couldn't she fly out to join Soo later after completing the drama project? And even if not permanently for the rest of his trip, at least for 2-3 weeks. They didn't need to be separated that completely. At one point in Ep 15, I was really annoyed with WY for blaming Soo totally for the breakdown of the relationship when she had a part to play. I didn't even want them to get back together at that point. But luckily she redeemed herself in Ep 16 when she realised how unfair she had been to Soo.

I expected more out of the Jin-ju-Sang-hyuk loveline. They are super cute and his continuous efforts to win her over and putting her first was adorable. I suppose I would have liked for more on her part to like him back and do something for him.

The will-they-wont-they of Young-hee and Hyun-jae took way too long! I thought it would have been resolved after the funeral so to see them extend it more, I was like ARGH! I was even worried they were going to leave it as an open question if they will get back together as we got down to the last 7 mins of the show. And yes, like @mademoiselleI am very disappointed we didn't get to see Hyun-jae with the proposal book to know the depth of Young-hee's love for him. But at least she proposed, which is what I needed! I cried at pretty much every scene of Young-hee and her Mum though, that was really touching and Ahn Eun-jin really did an excellent job with this character. Can't wait to see her in meatier roles!

And with that, we can retire this thread now that the last of the stragglers @Tofu and I have completed it!

Edited by Jane
  • Insightful 1
  • Haha 1