A Global Community in our Havenite Home

11 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@NiteWalker, that sunset you posted is amazing! Does it come from being equatorial? I assume both the heat and the humidity is because Malaysia is equatorial and surrounded by water. I would imagine that there were even less seasonal change then we get in Southern California.

yea our teacher brought us there to snap shoot the sunset.....

and yes...it does come from the equatorial and not to mention we are at the tropical lines too....so the heat is all really very sticky type....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • 10 months later...

Very belatedly responding to this. Just noticed this forum.  This was very cool to see.  

Am from East Coast of US.  I’ve been a Kdrama addict since discovering it on Netflix in 2013.  My addiction has expanded to Cdramas and a little Thai dramas here and there.

My mother is from SK, but I don’t have any cultural upbringing due to mothers early death in my childhood.  I’m very open to learning about Asian culture and hope one day to visit SK and other Asian countries.  

Edited by Mizv
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 3

Hey @Mizv. Thanks for sharing. So nice to see where everyone is from and it's amazing how love for Asian dramas can bring people together. Sorry about your mum. I do hope you get to go to SK and other parts of Asia too.

SK is about a 6 to 7 hour plane ride from Malaysia. I was happy I got to go there twice but I never saw any oppas ! LOL.. Nevertheless it felt great to see the places I always see in the dramas, and try out the yummy food. Also as I went there during winter on my 2nd trip ( thinking it will be so romantic with snow and all ) - I think I won't choose such a cold time to go again.  My tropical blood was frozen when the temp went to -6 degrees C. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring