Book Lounge

On 4/3/2022 at 12:45 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

If anyone can recommend me good romance novel do let me know 🤣 I actually want to broaden up my genre, so far I'm like only doing crime thriller 😂 I want to look normal a bit and not like psycho for once a while 😆

Haha, those books look like teenage romances. What age group are you looking to try? Historical or Modern? American or British? Serious or romcom or trashy? Short or long?

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 1
On 3/12/2022 at 11:27 AM, SilverMoonTea said:

54189398-UY120.jpg

@Chocolateread this one before? 

This kind of cover doesn't attract me. But since you said it's all over IG and Goodreads says it is 2021 award winner, I downloaded a copy from the library. Will try a few pages and let you know.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:42 PM, SilverMoonTea said:

@Chocolatethe title of this video so funny, "I read self help book every day A WEEK and now I'm more confused than ever" :laugh:

So I guess we can just ditch self help book 😆

Hahaha. What are some of the confusions?

I've sort of decided to read those 5-minute summaries. Quite useful. You get the gist, and if you like the book, you can read the long version for more of the background stories/examples.

• Clapping Hands 1
On 5/17/2022 at 10:34 AM, Chocolate said:

I've sort of decided to read those 5-minute summaries. Quite useful. You get the gist, and if you like the book, you can read the long version for more of the background stories/examples.

Free legal Sample, Google Play Books

https://play.google.com/store/books/details?id=LHdBEAAAQBAJ

Edited by Nohamahmoud2002
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello everyone 

Any Kate Daniel Fans here 

KATE DANIELS: WILMINGTON YEARS 1
KATE DANIELS 10.5

AVAILABLE ON JANUARY 17, 2023

Ilona Andrews invites you back to the #1 New York Times bestselling Kate Daniels series in this exciting new long novella featuring Kate, Curran and Conlan, some familiar faces, some new friends, and all the special brand of chaos they create!

Kate, Curran and their son, Conlan have left Atlanta, vowing to keep a low profile, and are settling into a new city and new house…but some things never change! Magical mayhem is about to erupt when Kate undertakes the rescue of a kidnapped youth, while Curran guards the homefront.

It should be a simple retrieval, but with monsters on land and sea, Kate’s got her work cut out for her. Still, she’s never let her blade dull or her purpose falter. And that low profile? It’s about to wash away with the raging tides!

How long is it? 

As long as Fated Blades. It’s basically half a novel.

When can we have it?

On January 17, 2023. The preorder is already up, links below. Ebook only for now. No audio because we have to find the right narrator and that will take time. There will be print, we just don’t have links for it.

Continue Here  I have not read the teaser yet. Though I miss Kate Daniel and her family so much . 

• Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

• 3 months later...

uZg-9gTbdskE4etTD_vg-OrogYy9189Sm89FZMrB

Finished reading Magic Tides, was very satisfied and now craving for more of Kate Daniels and her family adventure in Wilmington. 

Kate and hee family are in a new town wanting Conlan to have a normal childhood and be unnoticed. It just so happen Conlan made a friend whose brother was kidnapped. Coincidentally his uncle is the Contractor working on their new home. Conlan take his new friend home to have a meal first and then asked his mom to help find Conlan’s friends brother. 
 Please check it out and find out about how does Kate’s rescue adventure end 

• Party! 1

Favorite Favorite Artist  Bae Doona, Moon Chae Won, Gong Hyo Jin, Cho Seung Woo, Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,  Gong Yoo

Drama watching now: Plot Love,  Chimera ,The Psychologist, Always have,Always will , Show Windows: Queens House

12 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Me! So glad that by the time someone recommended the series, all the 10 books were out otherwise it would have been a torture!

Will check this out! Thanks.

Lucky you , I read it while each book was being published. I was lucky enough to binge the first three books for free and then purchased the books. 

• Party! 1

• 2 weeks later...

@UnniSara

I’ve completed Magic Tides. Although considered a novella, at 200 pages, there was enough for almost a full fledge story. It was thoroughly enjoyable. I do miss baby Conlan who was so cute in the 10th book. And how Kate and Curran hope to keep a low profile is a mystery 😂 This book looks like a setup for their new life and a new pack.

Looking forward to more but it will likely be a long wait since the authors have a habit of writing multiple series at the same time 😭 

There’s an excerpt for the next novella:

https://ilona-andrews.com/featured-release/

Magic-Claims-500.jpg

• Heart Eyes 1

@Chocolate I have already pre-ordered 

Magic Claims.  Husband and Wife Duo are talented writers that amazes me with every book. The way they were able to have a full fledge story for 200 pages is :wow:

I am not as invested in her other books because each books is set in different characters perspective. I tend to obsess over a character when I start to like them. 

• Heart Eyes 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I finished reading a book somehow. It was a witty memoir by Sascha R. She seems to be a very extrovert person. It was like she's a total opposite of me. But somehow the way she told the story was very exciting too, and she's quite self aware eventhough she boarded the truck of doom with her first failed marriage. It was an entertaining read and really like that she mentioned she will be only unhappy on her own terms and not under someone else's conditions.

And it seems in this case too polar opposite personality didn't work well. Her ex husband is a very introvert person, while she's the life of the party. Also when you avoided word forever and not very enthusiastic about wedding or moving together then that's all is a tale sign not to even try to get married.

51-kvpas-K9-L-SR600-315-PIWhite-Strip-Bo

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

On 5/19/2023 at 10:55 PM, Nohamahmoud2002 said:

Did anyone try Colleen Hoover? She is very popular lately, that is why I am wondering if she is good.

I think it is because VERITY was suddenly very popular. I kept seeing it everywhere. So I read it but think it is over-rated. You try.

59344312.jpg

@UnniSara I've read Magic Claims. Still good and yes they are forming a new pack in Wilmington. A new kind of pack. I'm looking forward to the books but likely will be a very long wait. They have so many different series in the queue. Although I'd read any that comes out lol.

• Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
4 hours ago, Chocolate said:

@UnniSara I've read Magic Claims. Still good and yes they are forming a new pack in Wilmington. A new kind of pack. I'm looking forward to the books but likely will be a very long wait. They have so many different series in the queue. Although I'd read any that comes out lol.

@Chocolate I am reading Magic Claims now too. I have been taking my time to read it now. I hate waiting for the next book especially if I can finish a book in a day.  
I am so happy for Curran. He needed this and Kate needs to get stronger. Conlan is. Just adorable. He loves his parents so much and he has Curran wrapped around his finger. 
It’s good see that Curran and Kate want their son strong but want him to still be a kid. 

• Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Chocolate 
I finished Magic Claims and I am already craving for the next book. My anticipation for the next Julie book is also High on my list. I plan on re reading that book because I have some questions needing answers. 
So proud of Conlan’s parents making the right decision on what needs to be done. 

I have a question for you, What do you think of Curran giving a free pass to Jim’s failure as BEAST LORD. I love a man who can own up to his mistakes but even though The Pack was Flawed he still lead with a IRON FIST and that is why he is still feared and loved by so many. 
I was quite angered by Jim because of his treatment of Curran. Curran was supposed to be his best friend but because Curran chose Kate he lost his friend ship. Jim was jealous and tried to hard be better than Curran but ended up failing, not doing a good job and not respected. 

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@UnniSara

In the first 10 books, Jim was written as a good Security Chief. In that position, he just had to do what he was good at. But not everyone in that position can graduate to be a good overall leader. I can't remember how he became leader - was he selected by the pack or appointed by Curran? To be fair, no one can match up to Curran, so whoever took over would have a tough time.

In any case, you need respect and ability to be able to manage the pack. Without ability, he can't get respect and once the pack rebels, he will also not be able to manage them. So he was probably under immense pressure. Plus he clearly wants to keep his position. So he chose to compromise his character.

It's a good thing I was not too immerse in Jim's and Dali's story 😅

But I like that Curran is the bigger guy here. He may not trust Jim anymore but he also does not want to be the one to bring him down. Just another reason to love Curran!

It looks like the composition and rules will be different for the new pack compared to the previous one. Excited to see how it develops.

I am also excited to read Julie's next book, because there was high tension with Derek last time!

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Anyone else reading murder mistery novel lols ? Idk why but I seem to be only picking up detective novel. My blood running low for romantic books hahaha..... 

81f5gf-Gdy-PS-AC-UF1000-1000-QL80.jpg

This novel had a great format in introducing the small town with series of murder happening to the young girls there. The main lead is a novelist who stayed in the town and had strong interest in the case. The greatest attraction with this novel is the story flowing well and quite thrilling. You can't help but keep flipping the pages to find more to solved the missing puzzle. 

Spoiler

The ending was a bit underwhelming, felt the murderer don't really have a great motives to start with. So it kind of a bit dissapointing. It did not come as very surprising as there is a hint where his alibi are quite thin. 

• Like 1

For young reader mistery novel, I finished The Murder Game.

61-Rv6-NB1m-XL-AC-UF894-1000-QL80.jpg

The male lead is someone who had been kidnapped in his younger time. And when he went to the new boarding school, he encountered a murder which happen to one of his teacher and implicated one of his friend as a suspect. The male lead is quite likeable and had trying his best to investigate by asking everyone around him. But clearly someone want him die for snooping around. The author have a charming way in her storytelling, so it's been quite engaging experience for me to read it until finish.

Spoiler

The problem was again the ending. I was hoping for something more spectacular but it didn't happened. I sense there will be a sequel on his kidnapping story. But tbh I'm not that invested for that. 

And my current reading is murder in dorm college. The rich It Girl is the victim, and the suspect died in prison. But perhaps it was a wrong accusation by one of her friend that mistakenly hide the true murderer ? I had not finished this. I hope the ending is satisfying. I think this novel quite famous, had seen it circulating among bookstagram lover.

download-4.jpg

Btw nowadays I read all my books online borrowing from library and downloaded into Libby apps. I miss flicking an actual books, but this apps had helped me during commuting as carrying heavy book is not my favourite thing to do. Do you guys read in handphone or carry physical books with you ? @Chocolate@mademoiselle@Tofu@UnniSara@Nohamahmoud2002@JenL

• Insightful 3