Book Lounge

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

@ChocolateI managed to borrow Death On The Nile from local library. I will let you know if I like it or no. Thanks for the recommendation btw.ย 

ย 

I checked first few pages and I already need to check dictionary lols. As I always found reading British novel more challenging than the American counterpart somehow.ย 

ย 

Haha! Hope you like it! But I gave you some spoilers already in my review ๐Ÿ˜ข

ย 

• Awesome 1
  • Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SilverMoonTea

๐“‘๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“น ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ช๐” ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“พ๐“ฌ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐”๐“ฒ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐”‚. ๐“‘๐“ป๐“ธ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“น๐“ฎ๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ญ ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ ๐”€๐“ช๐“ผ ๐”€๐“ฎ๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ด๐“ท๐“ธ๐”€๐“ท ๐“ฏ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ช๐“ฌ๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฟ๐“ฎ ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐“ธ๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ฎ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ๐“ฒ๐“ฌ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ ๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ป๐“ผ ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ธ. ๐“ข๐“ธ, ๐”€๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ฝ ๐“ซ๐“ธ๐“ธ๐“ด๐“ผ ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐”‚๐“ธ๐“พ๐“ป ๐“ป๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ผ๐“ฝ? ๐“ข๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ฎ ๐”€๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ ๐“พ๐“ผ,

Jane

I am always reading something! But in the past decade, I have been reading more non-fiction for my line of work rather than novels so I am afraid I won't be able to recommend very much books to everyo

bluepebbles

@SilverMoonTeaย thank you for opening this thread! Yay books ! ย  I finished this book days ago. It does wonders of serenity while reading each lines. It doesย not containย that long essays but

On 5/11/2021 at 9:35 PM, Chocolate said:

ย 

Haha! Hope you like it! But I gave you some spoilers already in my review ๐Ÿ˜ข

ย 

I finished the book Choco. It's like a classicย makjang drama story ๐Ÿ˜…ย 

ย 

Fav quoteย :ย 

"That is why most great love stories are tragedies".ย 

ย 

I think the story is rather simple and actually half way I tempted to just skip the pages and go to the end. ๐Ÿ˜†

• Haha 1

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif
ย 

I finished two romantic comedies recently

ย 

Crazy Stupidย Bromance - Lyssa Kay Adams

This is the third book in theย Bromance Book Club series. The club is a group of guys who started reading romance novels as "manuals" to help them with their relationships. It's such a funny and unique premise,ย I recommend checking it out!

ย 

The Twelve Dates of Christmas - Jenny Bayliss

I picked this up on a whim from the library because it had a nice book cover! I really enjoyed the story of how the FL goes on all these dates as part of dating agency package, the small town she lives in and her relationship with her family and friends. Recommended too for a light, funny, warm read.

• Like 2

ย 

ย 

Last night I remembered there was a book I wanted to read.

• Check how much it cost for a hard copy.
  • Check how much it cost for an e-book.
  • Check whether it is available on loan at the nearest library.

Result:

• The paperback is about the same price as the e-book on Playstore!

ย 

:shocked: WHUT! :shocked2: WHY?! :PsyWhat: How come?

ย 

• The book is on loan at the nearest library.

After weighing all the options:

1. If I buy then one more book to store on the book shelves and collect dust.

2. If I loan then I've to read it quickly before the deadline and it'll be dirty (COVID!!)

ย 

Final decision:

Spoiler

I bought the e-book.

• Haha 3
11 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

ย 

2. If I loan then I've to read it quickly before the deadline and it'll be dirty (COVID!!)

ย 

Im not fan of ebook. So well...ย 

ย 

Recently I started to borrowing again in local library. Some books really look totally new likeย no one touch it before.@Chocolatesaid, you can wait for 3 days, assume covid virus will die, then start to read it before due dateย :laugh:ย Ourย library also extended the borrowing period now, so people can take it home, rather than crowding the library's space.ย 

ย 

My recent borrowedย :

29929087-SX540.jpg

Pic cto

ย 

Verdict : Start off well with murder in train that have feeling of Orient Express's murder. Fell apart quickly by adding too many additional characters and strange ending motive. Killing was done because of lottery ticket winning of small amount money. Didn't sit well with me.ย 

Not recommended.ย 

ย 

Next I have some romance book. I actually always read crime books rather than romance haha. This might explained why I'm not in the mood yet to read c-novel romance @Tofu@Alice Wonderland

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ย 

2 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Im not fan of ebook. So well...

I'm not a fan either but ah well, I'll try reading from my phone. And it seems to be able to remember which page I'm on so it's not as bad as it used to be. I'd probably be able to pirate it now that I think about it. Ah well, too late.

ย 

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

ย 

Final decision:

ย  Reveal hidden contents

I bought the e-book.

Hahaha. I thought your final decision would be:

Spoiler

Just watch drama instead lol

My experience is that most e-books are usually cheaper than paperbacks, although there are some popular authors who charge the same.

Doesnโ€™t your library have e-books you can borrow too? Ever since I discovered this, Iโ€™ve not bought another book. The problem is have to wait awhile for a new book to be available or if there is a waiting list.

@SilverMoonTeaย You seem quite adventurous in trying new books. Do you drop them midway too like dramas ๐Ÿ˜‚

Iโ€™ve been trying to read this book for the past month but keep getting distracted by dramas. One of my favourite authors.

ย 

ย 

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Chocolate said:

ย 

@SilverMoonTeaย You seem quite adventurous in trying new books. Do you drop them midway too like dramas ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

Haha I will do fast reading to get the bottom of it. But yeah I also have some book I left it midway, and even I left bookmark, I already kind of lost it? Mostly happened with self improvement bookย :laugh:ย 

• Haha 4

ย 

Haha I find the book summaries very useful for self improvement books. You can get the main points and quickly start being โ€œimprovedโ€ lol. If the book is good, youย can still read the long version to get more insights.

ย 

This was the last one I read. It talks about how important/useful checklists are. The author was working with WHO to find ways to minimiseย preventableย errors in surgeries and found that the simple checklist is the answer.

ย 

I agree with that.ย I think a lot of us use checklists - to date, I have not found another better way to keep track of all the things to be done. The problem now is how to use the checklists effectively as the lists are getting too long and difficult to manageย even with all the various To Do apps. Regretfully the book does not cover that much.

ย 

26209024._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

ย 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
37 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

I have not done reading FE. Still around chapter 3 @SilverMoonTeaย . Now I'm attending law school. Lols. I still have many homeworks and assignments to finish, I probably will read again after that.ย 

ย 

btw what crime book did u watch, since I'm joining the criminal law class, so probably it will be a good refences.ย :laugh:ย 

I like John Grisham the most I think haha...also a lot of Japanese author novel on crime. Not sure if adequate for your Law School hahaha....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ย 

I finished 7 chapters of my new book! Tempted to read on when it should be bed time. I still remember the good ol' times staying up till morning reading HP 5 when came out.

ย 

Didn't read that many John Grisham's book but I fell in love with the acting & the movie A Time to Kill so I bought & read the book too. I have one Japanese crime novel to read too. I stopped and hadn't picked it back up since.

ย 

Amongst Jane Austen's works, I've only read Pride & Prejudice as that was the fave of all of her book adaptation.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Question. Do you guys often spot mistakes in the novels you read?

ย 

Like repeated words in a sentence? E.g. She decided to take to medicine.

ย 

I always spot mistakes in the novels from this writer. With the amount of money she received, surely she can afford a better editor to check?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Question. Do you guys often spot mistakes in the novels you read?

ย 

Like repeated words in a sentence? E.g. She decided to take to medicine.

ย 

I always spot mistakes in the novels from this writer. With the amount of money she received, surely she can afford a better editor to check?

It will depend on if she is publishing her books with a company or she is doing it by herself. Can I have the name of the writer @mademoiselle? Please to check ย If it is self publishing she may not have a good editor/ proofreader working with her.ย 

• Like 5

Favorite Favorite Artistย  Bae Doona,ย Moon Chae Won,ย Gong Hyo Jin,ย Cho Seung Woo,ย Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,ย ย Gong Yoo

Drama watching now:ย Plot Love,ย ย Chimeraย ,The Psychologist,ย Always have,Always willย ,ย Show Windows: Queens House

3 minutes ago, UnniSara said:

It will depend on if she is publishing her books with a company or she is doing it by herself. Can I have the name of the writer @mademoiselle? Please to checkย 

There is a publisher. It called Little, Brown & Company. It's Stephanie Meyerย  ๐Ÿ˜… (don't judge me)...

ย 

I don't remember any mistakes found for A Discovery of Witches series. ๐Ÿค” I think I've seen mistakes in HP...

• Haha 5
14 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

There is a publisher. It called Little, Brown & Company. It's Stephanie Meyerย  ๐Ÿ˜… (don't judge me)...

ย 

I don't remember any mistakes found for A Discovery of Witches series. ๐Ÿค” I think I've seen mistakes in HP...

@mademoiselle ย No judgment here and I totally understand. When I read , I too get annoyed by mistakes and grammar errors. Like for example FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. I tried to read it but couldnโ€™t get past the first page. I was like wow, with all these grammar errors how can anyone read it but I am just someone who doesnโ€™t feel comfortable reading such books.ย 
I felt bad at first but I did find a few people like me and felt much better. Glad for the writers success of course but not my cup of tea. ย I guess these mistake can be mechanical error.ย 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Favorite Favorite Artistย  Bae Doona,ย Moon Chae Won,ย Gong Hyo Jin,ย Cho Seung Woo,ย Jang Hyuk,, Jo In Sung,ย ย Gong Yoo

Drama watching now:ย Plot Love,ย ย Chimeraย ,The Psychologist,ย Always have,Always willย ,ย Show Windows: Queens House

1 hour ago, UnniSara said:

@mademoiselle ย No judgment here and I totally understand. When I read , I too get annoyed by mistakes and grammar errors. Like for example FIFTY SHADES OF GREY. I tried to read it but couldnโ€™t get past the first page. I was like wow, with all these grammar errors how can anyone read it but I am just someone who doesnโ€™t feel comfortable reading such books.ย 
I felt bad at first but I did find a few people like me and felt much better. Glad for the writers success of course but not my cup of tea. ย I guess these mistake can be mechanical error.ย 

Reaaally? Odd that they don't try to correct the errors. Is it because the writer* didn't think it would sell so well so didn't invest too much money to make it perfect in the first print. But since it got so famous and earned so much, if I'm the writer I'd insist of fixing the errors before re-prints.

ย 

What's mechanical error? Is it typing/printing errors?

ย 

*Come to think of it, I know the book names but I never learnt the writer's name :laugh:

• Like 4
On 5/22/2021 at 3:22 PM, Chocolate said:

Iโ€™ve been trying to read this book for the past month but keep getting distracted by dramas. One of my favourite authors.

ย 

I am a fan of the Sherlock Holmes so this is interesting. I am going to look into it!

ย 

Our local library system's e-book is really a godsend. I sped through so many books in 2019 because of it. Then it got slower when dramas entered my life again last year. Haha!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Party! 1

ย 

ย 

I have no idea if it is a printing or typing error so I said mechanical because I think a machine typed the words . All I can do is guess why it keeps happening ย lol @mademoiselle

ย 

ย 

Have you watched Discover of Witches ? It was good. I didnโ€™t know it was a book.ย 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jane said:

ย 

I am a fan of the Sherlock Holmes so this is interesting. I am going to look into it!

ย 

Our local library system's e-book is really a godsend. I sped through so many books in 2019 because of it. Then it got slower when dramas entered my life again last year. Haha!

Yes yes! Sherry Thomas usually writes romances. I find her writing quite emotional and frequently makes me cry. Butย her last/current series is on a female Sherlock with a very slow burn romance.ย Quite good especially book 1.

ย 

Same here for me. I used to read like 3-4 books a week. Since April last year, Iโ€™ve read the same number ๐Ÿ˜ญย 

ย 

ย 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1