Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

20 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Thank you @Tofu for the notif.

I'm very unlucky... for opening drama threads of dramas that would air on iQiyi, making it impossible for me to have access to all the BTS because JTBC will block it where I am. This was the same for 18 Again :cry:

They do?! Why? That makes no sense because isn't having it on iQIYI under a global license mean you want more people to see it? Why would they put restrictions for their BTS videos too? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Tofu said:

They do?! Why? That makes no sense because isn't having it on iQIYI under a global license mean you want more people to see it? Why would they put restrictions for their BTS videos too? 

I think it may be because the drama itself was not available for viewing at my region. Therefore JTBC Twitter and YouTube restrict viewing at my region too. So I wasn't able to share/update the BTS in 18 Again thread. Sometimes I get lucky I could "obtain" the YouTube link and put it in the thread but not able to view it myself, lol. I watched it on other SNS platforms when I come across it. As far as I know, JTBC website itself didn't block it. It's silly, isn't it?

• Sad 2

So she will resist him at first...he needs to flex his lovely arms...then all will be well. :GrowDerp:

Article from the South China Morning Post

New K-dramas to watch in January 2021: Be a Meal, She Would Never Know, Marriage Lyrics and Divorce Music

She Would Never Know
Also based on a novel about a young woman excelling at her career (this time Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick by Elise), She Would Never Know features Won Jin-ah playing Yoon Song-a, a marketer for a cosmetics brand who is passionate about her job and dreams of one day starting her own brand.
Working in the same company as a marketer with Song-a is Chae Hyun-seung (Ro Woon). He falls for Song and tries to woo her but she does not take kindly to his advances, particularly as she wouldn’t entertain the thought of dating a younger guy.

Last seen in the time-slip drama Melting Me Softly and the films Money and Long Live the King, Won returns as a driven career woman facing a choice between her work and romance in this new Monday and Tuesday drama. (January 18, JTBC)

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

So she will resist him at first...he needs to flex his lovely arms...then all will be well.

Regretfully this is another love triangle story. The good news is you guys are unlikely to have SLS because second ML is a bit of a jerk in the web novel. Rowoon is always there to support/cheer her on so I'm looking forward to see him getting whipped by that. I don't know if I'll like the storyline and really hope it is adapted better than the novel. Totally watching this because I miss Rowoon on-screen. His Haru really got me bad.

Spoiler

There are translated version of the novel. I didn't read them but one. Oh la la. It's unlikely to have all of it played out in the drama, but it'd be just as :wow: if they can show half of it.

• Insightful 1

[News] Lee Hyun Wook And Lee Joo Bin Share What SF9’s Rowoon And Won Jin Ah Are Like On Set Of “She Would Never Know”

Eq8SZ5NUYAIHuPs?format=jpg&name=large

Lee Hyun Wook and Lee Joo Bin recently shared their thoughts on their co-stars in the upcoming JTBC drama “She Would Never Know.”

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” is about the complicated office romance between two co-workers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah stars as the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while SF9’s Rowoon stars as her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Lee Hyun Wook has been cast as the mature Lee Jae Shin, while Lee Joo Bin is playing the role of cold but lovable Lee Hyo Joo.

Lee Hyun Wook said, “I first met Won Jin Ah on the set of a movie. We played a newlywed couple that time, so it was comfortable and fun to meet up again like this.” About Rowoon, he said, “I met him for the first time on this project and he’s the type that’s really easy to talk to. We call and text each other often. Despite his age, he shows a lot of maturity and experience on set. He’s a junior actor of whom I have high expectations.”

Eq8SZ5QUwAEwelD?format=jpg&name=large

Lee Joo Bin said, “[Won Jin Ah] is an easygoing, cute junior. She makes people feel welcome through lighthearted fun, but as soon as we start filming as ‘Yoon Song Ah’ and ‘Lee Hyo Joo,’ the atmosphere becomes tense. [Rowoon] is a cute mood-maker with a bright personality and good manners. As the youngest, he fills the set with his cuteness and gives the rest of us energy.”

Eq8SZ5IUcAEMstx?format=jpg&name=large

Lee Hyun Wook and Lee Joo Bin also had nothing but praise for each other. Lee Hyun Wook said, “I met her for the first time through this project and learned that she is an easygoing but passionate actor. She’s done a lot more in the romance genre than I have, so I’m learning a lot from her.” Lee Joo Bin responded, “He’s a klutzy but witty actor. He plays a lot of jokes on set. As a senior actor who has so much experience, he gives me a lot of acting advice.”

“She Would Never Know” premieres on January 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

[News] 2021.01.04 SF9’s Rowoon And Won Jin Ah Share How They Prepared For Roles In “She Would Never Know”

a3d5b0b14cb845a6ba65d10753930d47.jpeg?s=

SF9’s Rowoon and Won Jin Ah revealed just how much hard work went into preparing for their roles in the upcoming JTBC drama “She Would Never Know”!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two co-workers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung, who has been with the company for a year. Although Yoon Song Ah is initially unable to see Chae Hyun Seung as anything other than a younger colleague, Chae Hyun Seung only has eyes for her.

In addition to following the heart-fluttering romance between the two leads, the drama will also introduce the process that marketers go through to introduce various makeup products to the world.

Won Jin Ah revealed how she grew more immersed in her role as Yoon Song Ah. She said, “When I was preparing for my role, I found a lot of vlogs made by makeup company marketers. While watching those videos, I thought about what Yoon Song Ah’s daily routine would be as a marketer and office worker. I’m especially grateful that the producers arranged a time to meet real makeup brand marketing staff. It was an opportunity for me to easily and comfortably access everything about life in the office and a marketer’s duties, which I wouldn’t know anything about without experiencing it. I’m really thankful to the staff who found the time amidst their busy schedules to meet with me.”

Rowoon also spoke about the research he did for his own role as Chae Hyun Seung. He said, “The director said that it would be a good idea to refer to beauty YouTubers in order to understand the parts of the script that deal with makeup products, so I searched for those videos with interest. Also, when I went to the salon I paid attention to the products that I would normally just pass by and asked the head stylist about them. By doing this, I’ve learned more about Chae Hyun Seung’s line of work.”

“She Would Never Know” premieres on January 18 at 9 p.m. KST, following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Live On.”

Source (1) via soompi

---

And a compilations of all the 3 seconds teaser JTBC releases every day to date!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

[News] SF9’s Rowoon Shows His Character’s Daily Lifestyle In “She Would Never Know”

ErB9FH_UUAEEerq?format=jpg&name=large

JTBC has released stills of lead actor SF9’s Rowoon in the upcoming drama “She Would Never Know.”

Adapted from a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” is about the complicated office romance between two co-workers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah stars as the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, and Rowoon stars as her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.

ErB9HpYU0AENs5L?format=jpg&name=large

Chae Hyun Seung is described as a fearless character who was taught by his parents from a young age not to run away from his problems. His father is a human rights lawyer who worked for the Supreme Court and his mother is a celebrity wedding dress designer. On top of his good looks and elite household, Chae Hyun Seung was brought up with a good set of values and to take responsibility for his actions.

ErB9IaPUwAE8soS?format=jpg&name=large

The new stills show Chae Hyun Seung’s daily life as he wakes up alone in a luxurious house, looks out at the dawn, goes out for a morning run, and heads to work in his suit. Chae Hyun Seung has a habit of going out for a run when he has a lot on his mind. In this case, it might be his one-sided crush on Yoon Song Ah, whom he first met at a job fair when he was in university. After he got a job at her marketing team at the cosmetics brand, he moved out of his parents’ house to live alone.

Spoiler

ErB9GbbUUAEqEOc?format=jpg&name=large

“She Would Never Know” premieres on January 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2