Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

@abs-oluteM Is it brood...? Lol. I think it is a combination and a mixture of different emotionals. Oppa suffers and if I can feel it, it can only mean their acting are able to reach the audiences mah. Hahahahahaha. Can I be a bit more greedy because the heart wants what it wants too. I want him to continue the brooding in dry mode (the interaction with Song Ah helps pushes the emotion) although true, when will he bloody give us the shower scene? Don't tell me they cut it out? Now I half expect a super hot kiss scene and/or bed scene which the novel has. But I'm also in a dilemma on whether I really want to see my Rowoon doing that on screen :pandasadspoon::laugh: My heart is not ready to let him go to another woman! :P

The ex-gf trope

I kinda thought it's too early to show her...? But let's see how it plays out. I doubt Hyun Seung will be swayed. As for whether they will keep on the charade, I think they are going to (if going by the novel).

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Now I half expect a super hot kiss scene and/or bed scene which the novel has. But I'm also in a dilemma on whether I really want to see my Rowoon doing that on screen :pandasadspoon::laugh: My heart is not ready to let him go to another woman! :P

Aiyo...you must let him have a good proper on screen kiss...that is very vital for us viewers  :GrowDerp:. Did he not have a good kiss in EY?

• Haha 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Just now, abs-oluteM said:

Aiyo...you must let him have a good proper on screen kiss...that is very vital for us viewers  :GrowDerp:. Did he not have a good kiss in EY?

Kiss ok. I'm not sure about bed scene. In the novel they have bed scene although it's not very descriptive or graphic however Novel Hyun Seung's hand went *ahem* up *ahem*... touch touch. But obviously we wouldn't see that in the drama version. I expect a good kiss in this one though because both are adults.

EY's kiss is very mild and just lips touch lips and paused for the camera. Sigh. They were made to just freeze kiss for so long and in the BTS after PD yelled cut, Hye Yoon complained Rowoon was breathing on her. And Rowoon responded, "Of course. I have to breathe" and went on to do whatever he was doing like nobody's business. :laugh:

• Haha 1

I saw a bit of discussion on kiss scenes. Tbh, never seen RW kissed properly before, coz in EY, it was high school idol drama, you know how the kisses would be like. And here, well, WJA is not a really good kisser (who will respond and participate) as far as I know. So I’d keep my expectations low on this end. 

• Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Kidnapping // Dog Day // Lovers // Vote

4 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I saw a bit of discussion on kiss scenes. Tbh, never seen RW kissed properly before, coz in EY, it was high school idol drama, you know how the kisses would be like. And here, well, WJA is not a really good kisser (who will respond and participate) as far as I know. So I’d keep my expectations low on this end. 

Psssss... check this out? What do you think? https://youtu.be/VIILeBIralk

But maybe in this drama, we need this version instead, LOLLL https://youtu.be/lpl63ZfQZJg

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2

Episode 8 Cuts & Quick Recaps

Continuing from previous episode, just as Hyo Joo questioned Song Ah why she was with Jae Shin, Hyun Seung swoops in and takes Song Ah by the hand and drags her away. Jae Shin sees Hyo Joo off at the parking lot and asks Hyo Joo why she said what she said. Hyo Joo covers it up by telling Jae Shin she has met Song Ah before at the department store and casually asks if Song Ah is in the same team as Jae Shin and if Hyun Seung is her boyfriend. Jae Shin says yes and she looks a bit relief.

Spoiler

At the office, all of a sudden, Hyun Seung is suddenly very attentive and helpful towards Manager Ahn. Song Ah bumps into Hyun Seung at the elevator and asks him if he had made a mistake. Rewind to before we see Hyun Seung drags Song Ah all the way out of the building until Song Ah stops him. Unfortunately Manager Ahn saw them holding hands so Hyun Seung admitted Song Ah is his crush. LOL at his reactions after getting a fright from Manager Ahn. In exchange of Manager Ahn's silence, Hyun Seung offers to do things for her. Hahaha.

Our cute secondary OTP decides to go out on their first date and they move so quick that they've already hold hands!

Song Ah goes to Hyun Seung's university for the recruitment program. They joke with one another before being cut off by the students. Taking their lunch break, just when they were about to head to the canteen, a girl calls out to Hyun Seung. Anyone could guess she's Hyun Seung's cheating ex. She greets Hyun Seung warmly and wants to talk more but Hyun Seung cuts her off and walks away with Song Ah.

Hyun Seung then takes Song Ah to the bar that his Uni sunbae opens. In there it was filled with Hyun Seung's hoobae and Song Ah blends in really well. The hoobae ask Hyun Seung how's work life is and they started asking for Song Ah's business card. Hyun Seung allows them and look at all of this fondly. They play drinking games and had a lot of fun. All the while Hyun Seung's sunbae taking it all in knowingly...

Because Hyun Seung keeps losing and was punished so they sit at the bench and wait for Hyun Seung to sober up. Song Ah tells Hyun Seung she's a little jealous of his Uni life because she was busy with part-time jobs and make ends meet. They had a short moment where they just look at each other. Hyun Seung then invites Song Ah to join them, that the door is always open for her. They get up to go but Hyun Seung is still dizzy. He then leans on Song Ah's shoulder and requests they stay like that for 5 mins.

Just as I have guessed, Jae Shin's father would never let him go especially now that he finds out Jae Shin is marrying Hyo Joo. He visits her at the studio and asks for money. We don't see if Hyo Joo gives him or not.

Yeon Seung and Chef Ryu attend a cooking class and get along really well. Chef Ryu then calls Yeon Seung's husband out. The two sit side by side at the sushi counter and the way this whole scene is presented is so suggestive that I am really concerned we're really heading down the gay path. Aishhhh.

Hyun Seung and Song Ah gets off work and are greeted by Hyun Seung's ex at the lobby. Hyun Seung asks her coldly what does she want. Shamelessly, she declares she will keep looking for him until he is willing to meet with her. The scene cuts to Hyun Seung at a cafe with ex.

Ex: "I miss you"

Hyun Seung: "I told you right that when I said it's the last time, it really is the last time"

Ex wants to get back with Hyun Seung but he declines and tells her he likes Song Ah. Knowing that it is just a one-sided love, the ex tells him she will wait even though Hyun Seung makes it clear he won't return to her. However, the last thing she said to Hyun Seung haunts him, "Unrequitted love is nothing more than a selfish thought."

Everybody seems to be meeting everybody's friends in this episode. Jae Woon takes Jae Shin to meet his circle of friends (who will also benefit Jae Shin later) and Hyo Joo takes him to meet her friends. At Jae Shin's apartment she tells Jae Shin his father came to see her and she "took care of it". Jae Shin isn't happy about to hear this.

Song Ah can't help but think about the girl, guessing that she must be the ex Hyun Seung told her about. Worried, she texts Hyun Seung asking if he's ok. They sit outside a convenience store eating ramen. Turns out Hyun Seung hadn't eaten because he had been sitting at the same cafe in deep thoughts about what the ex last said. Song Ah tells Hyun Seung she was worried. "Why?" asked Hyun Seung, looking hopeful. "Because you are the hoobae I value". Dejected, Hyun Seung puts on a serious face, "Sunbae..."

LOL, and can't believe what I said earlier came true (so quickly). Hyun Seung admits he still likes Song Ah and he doesn't want to keep a distance from Song Ah as he promised, that he's lying so he can keep staying beside her. He was going to hide his feelings but it'll show eventually and it'll burden Song Ah. He doesn't want to put her in a difficult place so he decided to give up. He informs Song Ah that he won't be able to stay the same as before because he just can't. Song Ah nods in understanding.

Oh my god... so sad but so much feelssssss. Love the BGM here; it compliment the sad vibe and lines.

The next day Song Ah waits for the elevator at the lobby, Hyun Seung quietly joins him. Both nod at each other respectfully but don't engage in conversation. Hehehehehe, my favourite awkwardness has returned! Then another day, Song Ah takes the bus and Hyun Seung hops on. They acknowledge each other awkwardly and sit far apart. Oh my feels are overflowing. Gimme moreeee.

At the cafe downstairs, another colleague tells her Hyun Seung made it into the contest's presentation list. She was delighted and looks forward to share this news with Hyun Seung but Hyun Seung is already informed by the others. They go out for a team gathering to celebrate. After few drinks, ABM Kwon has konked out. All 3 managers send Hyun Seung out to look for Song Ah (who was not at her seat) and they begin to gossip. The 3 previously have came out about what they thought they knew about Hyun Seung and Song Ah. Manager Ahn insists it was a crush (because Hyun Seung admitted), while Manager Yoo said they are dating and Manager Kang thinks they are just at the "some" (flirting) stage and she did see them hold hands and ran!

Hyun Seung finds Song Ah outside they had a bit of awkward chat. Just as Song Ah is heading back in, a car drove past and instinctively, Hyun Seung shields Song Ah from the splash of water. Kyaaaa.... I want to be in Rowoon's manly embrace too! And hehehe, it's not so easy to give up.

Song Ah goes to what look like a classroom but the previous session isn't finished so she was sent to another room to wait. Hyun Seung walks in and they have a bit of awkward, small chat again. Song Ah gets a text informing her the classroom is ready. As she walks away, she stops at her track.

Song Ah: If I say I don't like it. Does that make me a bad person?

Oh nooooo! Nooooo. Don't say it! I want more awkwardness and small pain till next week!!

But, the drama obviously doesn't go my way. Song Ah listed out all the things she can't do, such as asking if he needs help, or looks him in the eyes and said she dislike it. But she's willing to be the bad person and asks Hyun Seung not to give up and become distant from her.

Episode 9 Preview

Aiyaaaa now the "some" is really happening. Looks like Song Ah spent a night at Hyun Seung's. But why she wasn't offered his bed and is sleeping on the sofa? And big bear gets a pat on the head... lol (bet Rowoon will be curling up his fingers again for that scene).

LOL, I've to say none of the managers are wrong I guess. It did started with one sided love/crush → some / flirting → dating. :laugh:

Ok, the most important bit in episode 9 preview

Niece: Are you still heartbroken about getting dumped?

HS: Sam... Samchun didn't get dumped.

Niece: Love is straightforward...

HS to SA: You can take your time. But if you come to me, I'll show the most beautiful love ever.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 1

Omg ...first off I did not expect JaeWoon - Ji Seung ship to progress as well as it did. Those two need a bit more screen time please. The other very funny bit were the 3 office girls guessing if they were flirting, dating or having a one sided crush. :lol:.  Some truth in all three @mademoiselle, even if it was fake dating.  But what is clear is that the whole world can see that something is going on between the two.

At first I was a bit exasperated this episode especially when HS decided to give up. My heart broke when he told her he'd keep his distance. This show is very good at going two steps forward and one step back each time I see some hope for HS and SA. Of course I do agree that his ex made a good point (or rather  she made him see)  that his persistent one sided crush was no better than the obsession he accused her of. Fortunately though that it became the catalyst for SA to realise her feelings for HS. SA's case is the classic "you don't know what you're missing till it's gone" ! SA is fortunate that HS's feelings for her are still strong . 

Hmmm don't you think this is a nice angle of his face ? :smile:

ter0VHv.png

• Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Episode 8 Thoughts

So this episode's highlights for me are a bit of a combination of sad and funny but once again, it involves Hyun Seung. First it was the scene where he was banging his head on the wall and then gets frightened by Manager Ahn's ambush. The reaction there was done really naturally. I'm paying a lot of attention to Rowoon's acting and the details he puts into this drama and so far I'm really enjoying his performance. Going back to Manager Ahn, I dreaded just like Hyun Seung that she has found out because now the whole company will, but then again, it seems like she's keeping it in and found some gossip buddies in Manager Yoo and Kang. I personally wouldn't like to be the topic of the gossip but it was cute of them because they'll be playing cupids from now on.

I enjoyed every single interaction scenes Hyun Seung has with Song Ah but the one that stood out for me had to be the scenes where Hyun Seung decided to give up and Song Ah tells him not to. Both scenes have an awesome music in the background that helps heighten the emotional stakes. The first one satiate my sadistic hunger of seeing Oppa feeling pained and I honestly wish it would last a bit longer and reach the peak of the emotion... you know, just when he's really suffering the love sickness of giving up and the same for Song Ah for missing Hyun Seung and their interactions. Can I wish for Hyun Seung to resist Song Ah and reject her first in the next episode??? LOL LOL. 

Based on episode 9 text preview, Hyun Seung fall sick after the presentation and Song Ah takes care of him the whole night that is why she was at his place. Kekekeke this trope never grows old and I love it when it is used appropriately to bring the two OTP closer. 

@abs-oluteM

I think Jae Woon and Ji Seung will hit a small iceberg when Ji Seung finds out Hyo Joo is his sister. I was sweating for Jae Woon a little bit last night when he mentioned Hyo Joo should go to Ji Seung's shop, thinking the date is going to go south. Since it did not, the writer must be saving it for later so that the impact will be greater.

Seriously the more I get to know Jae Woon, the more I wonder whether he's a nice guy. I mean, he is a chaebol and chaebol like Jae Woon's background has always been portrayed to be quite negative so it's really surreal he falls head over heel for Ji Seung and seems genuinely sincere. Feels too fairy tale for me but I really wish Ji Seung finds her happiness in Jae Woon too.

P.S. I think I've finally stopped getting distracted by Jae Woon's long, curly eye-lashes. Hahahahahahahahaha. 

Are those two scenes you've posted the highlights for you? 

What's your thoughts on Chef Yoo Han Seo and Yeon Seung's hubby (I realise I need to spend a bit more time memorise the rest of the characters' names). They are really oozing the gay vibe in that scene. Do you think they were lovers at first but broke up and then met again after Hubby decided to marry Yeon Seung? Is it me or more kdramas are including gay topics more and more now even though the culture and the country is not in favour of and legalise the LGBTQA community? 

• Heart Eyes 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Are those two scenes you've posted the highlights for you? 

Yes!!! 
Regarding the chef & the sister’s husband - I just wonder if we’re being trolled . Like they wanna make us think they’re gay but for all you know chef actually likes the sister, that’s why the hubs not so comfortable that they meet up for this cooking class etc. :thinking:.

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Seriously the more I get to know Jae Woon, the more I wonder whether he's a nice guy. I mean, he is a chaebol and chaebol like Jae Woon's background has always been portrayed to be quite negative so it's really surreal he falls head over heel for Ji Seung and seems genuinely sincere. Feels too fairy tale for me but I really wish Ji Seung finds her happiness in Jae Woon too.

So far he’s pretty sincere . From how they’ve introduced his character, he seems like a decent person - though his got his diva traits etc but I see he genuinely treats Jae Shin as a friend. And to me , he’s a romantic who loves doing these grand gestures! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Regarding the chef & the sister’s husband - I just wonder if we’re being trolled . Like they wanna make us think they’re gay but for all you know chef actually likes the sister, that’s why the hubs not so comfortable that they meet up for this cooking class etc.

I prefer your scenario, but I can't help but think he didn't look comfortable because he doesn't want her to find out about their relationship. I obviously hope they don't take the gay route because... poor Yeon Seung and Ha Eun.

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

though his got his diva traits etc but I see he genuinely treats Jae Shin as a friend. And to me , he’s a romantic who loves doing these grand gestures! 

Bahahahaha "Diva" is very apt description of him :laugh: Yeah I also think he genuinely treats Jae Shin as a friend but then I don't think Jae Shin does, or at least I think he thinks he is not.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1