Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

I love that JS is giving it to that princess HJ. What he said to her rings so true and yet the high and mighty princess still don’t understand it. Love him? Yeah right... she loves herself more than anything. She should see that JS is already trying hard to commit to her. You cannot force love and that’s exactly what she is doing. Instead of making him feel more comfortable and open towards her, she only drives him further each time with her princess attitude. Instead of appreciating him, she continues to pressure him. Sorry, I have no sympathy for her at all. So evident how insecure she is when she marched to the office and demanded SA to hand over the location of JS, LOLOL... did she really think SA kidnapped and his him? 🙄 She actually realized that whatever JS did was because of what she said and instead of evaluating herself, she accused SA for JS’s disappearing act. How did such a cool brother like JW have such an annoying sister? 🙄

RW is so cute, I am glad he took on this role. Did you guys see how he flung his slippers to the corner? And when he hit his elder sister so adorably at the restaurant upon knowing she is dating... 😆😁 Oh, I really love and envy their close siblings relationship. They always make time to dine together once in a while. 

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

Episode 11 Thoughts

After the camping scene, I now get why in last week's BTS Rowoon mentioned about he can't possibly sleep in the car with his long legs. Look out for the BTS for this (if there's any) because I bet Rowoon's legs are sticking out of the tent when they filmed he and Song Ah sleeping together, LOL LOL! Poor thing, he went on Law of the Jungle before and he has to sleep with many others in a tent.

I do love the quick flashback of after they got together and him waking up and looking forward to each day and smiling from ear to ear after saying goodnight to Song Ah on the bed. And yes @ktcjdrama I did notice he flung his slippers to the corner. So cute! I think that's an ad-libs of his. I know they always go through what to do before filming but I really like that they added little details like this coz it makes a drama look less drama and more natural and real life...

That sleazy Seo BM. Serve him right! I was so happy Hyun Seung used the same tactic / reasoning he gave to Hyun Seung on him. :Niceu: Revenge is so sweet. I was annoyed Jae Woon let Seo BM go with it but was glad he was being fair with Hyun Seung later. Phew. Now he definitely will score more bonus point with Ha Eun. :lol:

Yeon Seung, her hubby and Chef Ryu - Goodness, the mystery continues. Now I wonder if it is a unrequitted one-sided love from Chef Ryu! What do you guys think @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama and @Noonapau? Last night episode seems to suggest maybe perhaps the boys were close friends before and Chef likes Hubby but Hubby doesn't (like Yeong Hwa's case in Run On). He just seems too cold to be liking Chef and is he staying "friends" with him because of Chef's injured/hurt wrist? Could he possibly be the reason of Chef's hurting wrist? I normally don't have these much imaginations for their relationships, but this episode does make me ponder a bit.

I love love love and enjoyed the hugging and kissing scene. I also liked it more that this must have been discussed on the spot and agreed to be done this way to accommodate Rowoon's height and it's also refreshing because not many OTPs do this where the FL stands on something higher to comfort the tall ML. :pandablush:@abs-oluteM I like how the OTP progresses in their relationship too. I just hope the preview is misleading of the part Hyun Seung said he thinks she should do it (change job/change team?). Because the Hyun Seung we know always support Song Ah's decision.

Kim Mi Kyung's cameo is not as impactful as I had hoped and it seems like there should be more of her, to give Jae Shin a proper closure to Jae Shin to his misery as the abandoned son/con artist's son. Agree with you @ktcjdrama about Hyo Joo. From the moment she chose suicide (and her statement of she'll do anything to keep the person by her side) means she only cares about herself. The drama doesn't help either for not giving us some sort of backstory to explain why she is the way she is, especially when Jae Woon is so likeable and why she's the complete opposite. Being spoilt just won't cut it.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Yeon Seung, her hubby and Chef Park - Goodness, the mystery continues. Now I wonder if it is a unrequitted one-sided love from Chef Park! What do you guys think @abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama and @Noonapau? Last night episode seems to suggest maybe perhaps the boys were close friends before and Chef likes Hubby but Hubby doesn't (like Yeong Hwa's case in Run On). He just seems too cold to be liking Chef and is he staying "friends" with him because of Chef's injured/hurt wrist? Could he possibly be the reason of Chef's hurting wrist? I normally don't have these much imaginations for their relationships, but this episode does make me ponder a bit.

I think it is both ways but the Hubby has to deny those feelings given that he is married with a kid. I have this feeling that he married the sis out of pressure from family .  Heheh...sometimes it seems like I watch too many makjang stories .

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I think it is both ways but the Hubby has to deny those feelings given that he is married with a kid. I have this feeling that he married the sis out of pressure from family .  Heheh...sometimes it seems like I watch too many makjang stories .

That was my initial thought too, but now I'm confused. LOL.

• Haha 2

Episode 12 Thoughts

:heart: I'm so glad I peeked! Such a sweet and lovely episode for both pairs of OTP - Hyun Seung/Song Ah and Jae Woon/Ji Seung.

I enjoyed all the OTP love scenes but my absolute fave had to be from the moment Hyun Seung went to pick Ha Eun up at her school. Aigoooo, the way Hyun Seung carries her and all, it's just so real and natural. I can't even tell whether it is acting or for real. There was so much adoration there and LMAO at the boy asking him how to be as tall as Hyun Seung so that he can marry Ha Eun. ROFLLLLL. I totally get Hyun Seung's 😓+😅 expression. What is a 7 years old girl up to... it's scary to know when Ha Eun becomes a teenager.

The scene where Ha Eun is with Song Ah at Hyun Seung's place was slightly different too, but I'm happy with it. It still oozes cuteness and I want moarrr.

I feel sorry that Song Ah became "the villain" when she's actually the true/real girlfriend, not some mistress who breaks up Jae Shin and Hyo Joo. Thankfully, all KLAR team members are supportive and finally ousted themselves in front of Hyun Seung, including Manager Kwon. Hahaha! He's the best actor amongst them because up until last episode, I wasn't too sure if he senses it. Him being promoted to acting BM was a surprise since in the novel, it was Manager Yoon that became the BM. We'll see what's happened next.

I'm also thankful Jae Woon knows the truth and was calmly listening till the end from Song Ah and believed her. He's truly a good, rational and reasonable guy/boss. I also appreciated that he gets a scene with Ji Seung and opens up about how he truly feels about Jae Shin, and that he really sees Jae Shin as a friend. I had always been interested to know why Jae Woon likes Jae Shin (too dap dap hae as a chingu), even though I still don't know but I'm happy we at least understand his feelings about this. I'm curious as to why Haraboji kicked Jae Woon's parents out. I'm also curious why Hyo Joo insisted she loves Jae Shin when it looks more like obsession than love. I'd think this piece of information will help us better understand the siblings.

Although the workplace story is not the main focus of the drama, I do appreciate that the show tried to incorporate some workplace politics/challenges/issues. This at least is genuine at work and are much better than adding irrelevant silly, comedic fillers. Fingers crossed I don't slap my own face for the last 4 episodes.

And oh-la-la to Yeon Seung's hubby and Chef Ryu! 😲 The mystery is finally unravel and Yeon Seong now knows! Ottokaeeee. I feel sorry for her too. So hubby is likely gay but not yet "coming out" and is in denial. I think I can understand why even he himself couldn't accept it. We are after all born and taught to be something else and when we turn out to be different from what our minds were instill with, that must be a huge shock. I can see he tried to be "normal" by marrying Yeon Seong and I acknowledge he tried. Sigh, at this point, I'm even hoping he can go both ways so that at least he's not faking the love for Yeon Seong. 😔

As I thought, Hyun Seung was supportive of Song Ah if she decides to change job. However, the preview seems to suggest it might be different for next episode as Song Ah might take up the offer for the EU project. I'm not too worried because I know we'll have our happy ending in the finale.

And OMG the ending scene is so suggestive!!! I definitely didn't expect it but how could they just tease and end it there? I can even see the change in Rowoon's eyes. He basically looked like he wants to eat Song Ah! Now I can only pray it doesn't time-jump to the next morning with them two on the bed with clothes on, asleep! Besides, @abs-oluteM and I are still waiting for that topless/shower scene Hyun Seung-ah!

Episode 13:

I guess when there's happiness in kdrama, the OTP is bound to encounter some angst. Episode 13.5-15 seems to be the curse numbers for romance dramas (yes, I'm talking about you, Brahms!). It looks like Hyun Seung and Song Ah's relationship will be put to test from next week. First round is getting Song Ah's mother's blessing. I wonder if this means the same for Ji Seung, she too has to get a pass from Haraboji.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

@mademoiselle the last scene....:Uwu:...real kill joy that they had to end it there. I was like yelling bed scene :pandaevil:...take off your shirt now  ( come on PD nim- we should not waste RW's hot body, you can tell underneath all that clothes how much he's buff up from before) 

You pretty much covered all the important points . Just to add to your recaps:

You're right about Jae Woon . He is a really reasonable boss and a caring friend. So happy that he and Ji Seung had a scene today. She realised he seems so down of late and he told her about Jae Shin and Hyo Joo. He finds out she knows them as her ex clients. It was good that JW had her to talk to as he clearly felt quite betrayed by Jae Shin.

Eu6winvVEBASyYM?format=jpg&name=large

Song Ah was offered a job by another company based abroad .  She did ask HS what he thought of it - he was honest saying if he was being selfish, he would like her to stay but he respects her choice since it is her career. Considering how much she loved the KLAR brand & team , I don't think she will leave. They had a vlogger slander their brand who did it to increase viewership. SA was the one stayed up all night watching the videos ( along with HS ) and found the solution to it. Jae Woon spoke to her later and said he knows that she has been approached by another firm but hopes she would stay on with KLAR. I personally think she won't leave as she herself says she loves this brand a lot. 

After dinner with Ha Eun , Ji Seung came to pick her up. So HS introduces SA as his girlfriend. Sis was pleased ( of course she remembers Song A from the wedding shop expose but does not mention anything) . Then as HS was walking Song A home, Jae Shin came to meet SA. He asked for some time alone with SA. What I like here was that SA says he can talk in front of SA. But JS asked HS politely for time alone. JS and SA talked and he apologised and also wanted to let her know his feeling for her were always genuine etc. He wasn't expecting forgiveness but it was good closure for both. She also told him that he need not worry about her now. The chapter for this two is finally closed.

HS had been anxious at home waiting for SA's call. She knows him well and surprised him by going over to his place after her talk with JS. Then after a short time she wanted to go home as she was satisfied seeing him for abit....

HS : That wasn't enough for me . Stay for awhile.

SA: It's late. How long is awhile?

HS : I don't know.....

Eu6winuVIAESlYJ?format=jpg&name=large

ahahaah both definitely had bedroom eyes ...:Ghastlel:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

- There's no Rowoon's personal thread so I'll leave it here since he talks about this drama and his character too

I finally got round to watching this and he's quite a straightforward person. Faster go throw that orange ! He reads ...that is a bonus point :pandahappy:

• Heart Eyes 2

Hi! A bit under the weather but will try and share my thoughts later after I watch Ep 12.

I know from spoilers that the hubby and friend story has now come out of the closet. *sorry, couldn't resist*

Sadly, I have known of such marriages due to pressure from family to get married. And there are cases of the men, especially, who can conceive a child with his wife to ease the pressure but still maintain their secret life. 

I don't envy how she is going to handle the situation, much less what impact it will have on their daughter. 

But seriously, were we surprised by this? He was too indifferent to her from the beginning and I was wondering what was up with him. He looked like he was just going through the motions in his marriage. I don't expect sparks and fireworks in every relationship but he did not show any passion to his wife (compared to red-blooded Jae Woon and Hyun Seung).

Sigh. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Passed, with flying colors... ahahaa... No seriously, she responded. You have to compare her kiss with LJS in ep.1. 

Ahahaha, you know what? I could never re-watch that scene again. It felt...I don't know, repulsive and dirty knowing that Jae Shin was cheating on her. The way that whole scene was filmed also made me feel like they were cheating because of the secrecy.

• Haha 2

I think it's time for us to talk about the alternate name of this drama, which by the way, I'm so glad you didn't change our thread title @mademoiselle

She Would Never Know

~ who is the "she" here? SA?

~ what is it that she would never know about? That her hoobae is crushing on her? That he loves her sooooo much and would do anything for her? That her secret boyfriend is cheating on her and will soon marry another person? ....... What is it that she would never know about?!!

Writer/production team (or whoever came up with that alternate drama name) better tells us before the show ends! or else :mad:

Edited by ktcjdrama
  • Haha 2

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears // Midnight Studio // Lovely Runner // Hide // Snowstorm Love

@ktcjdrama :laugh:

IKR!!! Song Ah finds out in episode 2 and Hyun Seung basically confessed to her face so what is it that she would never know about?

Maybe it's more suitable for Yeon Seung at this point, but even she finds out already :laugh:

I didn't change it because I think this is more relevant and more importantly I prefer the English title to mean literally the same as the Korean title. That said, even the original title is kinda "meh" now because once Hyun Seung said that infamous line and rubbed it off her lips (and she found out about the cheating), she never wore that lipstick again. Kinda defeat the purpose but hey, if we were to argue originality and being different then yeah, this one is still better.

• Haha 2

Back with thoughts of Ep 11. 

I was wondering who in heavens name would go camping in minus degree temperature but go figure. Hahahaha. 

Have to admit that visually both  WJA and RoWoon are aesthetically pleasing and I can stare at them the whole day.

It is the first move to coupledom and skinship although I am not liking the idea that it will be HS who vows to risk it all for love.

*too jaded by multiple dramas that this is a portent of doom* 

The JS-HJ story. I still don't really get why she is so utterly obsessed by him but I suppose sometimes there is no reason. I still haven't forgiven him for what he did to SA and I wish he was a stronger man and face the tsunami wave which is HJ. 

I am not sure why they showed Ji Seung, the eldest sister's fiancé popping up when it doesn't seem to be any conflict in that direction, unless it's a plot device for her to admit she is dating someone. 

And now whenever I see the second sister, Yoon Seung, I feel so bad for her. *Yes, I know what happened in Ep 12*

She was trying her best to be friends with her husband's good friend and sigh.

I find it odd that he would still remain friends with this man who has a shared history with him. This shows that he (YS's husband) is also uncertain about where he stands. He will hurt his wife, that's inevitable. When I watched them from Ep 1, something was just off about her husband. He was too detached from his wife and daughter. I started suspecting something was up with him but never expected the story to go in this direction. 

It was cute how they were trying to hide the relationship but failed badly. 

And what happened with BM Seo, I think is more common than anyone may think. I love how they came up with the idea to one-up BM Seo. Not sure if he will be a formidable enemy. 

The kiss scenes are impressively good. I worried for HS's neck in the first kiss scene but it looks like they have adjusted to the height difference. LOL. 

And Kim Mi Kyung! She acted so well as the weary and jaded mother of JS. She looked like she was just surviving. I choose to believe that she said those last words to JS in order for him to finally forget about her and the past. Move on - that seems to be what she was saying. 

PS. My chosen funny moment is this scene. 

MuFkjY.png

R2zoSO.png

BPuS7S.png

I feel that the barriers that are left in the final 4 episodes are:

1. SA's mother and how she will face the fact the SA is dating HS seriously.

2. Yoon Seung - What will she do about what she knows about her husband and what about Ha-Eun? *hurt that little girl and I'll come after you with a pitchfork*

3. Ji Seung - I dread to think about JW's grandfather. Will they cover this story in the final 4 episodes?

4. JS and HJ - toxic relationship - how can JS really cut himself off from HJ? 

Edited by Noonapau
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Clapping Hands 1