Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

Pre-release episode 13

Hyun Seung takes future mother-in-law for Hot Pot. LOL, so obvious this is part of a PPL. 

Hyun Seung tries to take care/impress Omoni. Omoni asks the deadliest question - whether Song Ah has a boyfriend. Watch out for Hyun Seung's sheepish eyes moving around inside the eye sockets and then tried to avoid with coughs. Geez, so obvious! LMAO.

The video is not locked so can be watched. ^ ^

https://tv.naver.com/v/18730588

New stills

@abs-oluteM @ktcjdrama @Noonapau @cherrhys88

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

New stills

sf9-rowoon.jpg

SF9’s Rowoon and Won Jin Ah will encounter some bumps in “She Would Never Know”!

“She Would Never Know” is a drama about the complicated office romance between two co-workers on the marketing team for a cosmetics brand called Klar. Won Jin Ah stars as the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon plays her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.

won-jin-ah.jpg

In the newly released stills, Chae Hyun Seung gazes at documents with a solemn expression, and Yoon Song Ah stares at him with nervous eyes, hinting at a tense moment between the couple. The atmosphere suddenly turns awkward and cold, making viewers nervous about what will happen next. Above all, it is very rare to see Yoon Song Ah walking on eggshells around Chae Hyun Seung. She’s usually confident and bold, so it raises questions about her sudden change of attitude.

sf9-rowoon-won-jin-ah-1.jpg

In one photo, Yoon Song Ah and Chae Hyun Seung stand apart from each other in a slightly darkened room. Their physical and emotional distance hints at trouble in their relationship, and the unidentified tension in the air is increasing curiosity about what will happen next. 

rowoon-won-jin-ah-1.jpg

Find out exactly what those mysterious documents are about in the next episode of “She Would Never Know” that airs on March 1 at 9 p.m. KST.

source: soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

WHattttttttt? Where’s my bed scene ? :zzzz:

A lot happened . To the drama’s credit the main issue btwn HS & SA is real . Career vs love . I have seen it happen all around me . Going long distance isn’t easy even for couples who have established their relationships. I know that ambition is important & what SA desires is important. And there’s no wrong or right which she chooses .

But the tricky bit is that the relationship is not hers alone. His feelings also needs to be considered . I know a lot of dramas these days are into female empowerment & always try to send the message that a woman can have anything she desires .  I get the good intentions. But there’s also a  lot of danger to that thought if it means disregarding the feelings of your partner.  If it was the other way round , where HS chooses his career over her , he would have been crucified by the viewers ( many whom are women) . 

In Song A’s case , it’s clear that she is ambitious & has career goals. I would personally choose HS because my views are that careers & jobs come & go , finding someone as devoted as HS is so darn hard . But I’m not SongA - Song A craves for new challenges & her priority is work. HS will have to be the one to sacrifice more if he wants to keep the relationship. I don’t think it’s fair but someone will have to give in .  

I felt so sorry for the older sister today . So her husband is finally being honest with his own sexuality & decides on divorce. While it’s cruel how sudden all this is , perhaps this may be better for all concerned. I  cried when the little girl asked her mum about how she’s feeling . What will they tell the little girl? So heartbreaking that it has all come to this . 

JW finally meets JS . I’m sad for JW. The betrayal is not that JS cheated on his sister but it’s the fact JS never saw him as a friend but just a ticket to a better life.  And sigh, another episode of no JW - Ji Seung scenes . 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Episode 13

Episode 13-14 can be such a curse to OTP in romance drama. Episode 13 was definitely not the best/favourite one since I was really anticipating a continuation of the kiss from last week. I mean, if the Show was going to whipped us, please give us some sweet honey first. Sigh.

I was definitely disappointed the scene began with Yeon Seung and Woo Hyun. It goes straight to the angsty bit! I wasn't ready. As a woman, I am sad for Yeon Seung. Her marriage became a lie in that blink of a second and what does that make Ha Eun? I don't know why I am still holding to that thin straw hoping Woo Hyun realises what he has now is more important. It's so disheartening. What will be the best solution for this difficult equation so that this family can be happy (again)? Poor Ha Eun. :nervous:

I really like your views, @abs-oluteM

I'd choose Hyun Seung as well because a job is just a job. In addition, I'm already working and living in another country so I've no interest challenging myself in a new environment (all over again). I know an old colleague who wants to retire and move to another country purely because she craves to do something different, which I couldn't comprehend what's so alluring about it after gone through the hardship myself. But hey, it's her dream/wish. So I can see from Song Ah's perspective that she craves the same at this stage of her life and wants to seize that opportunity. It's just disappointing and a little insulting, on Hyun Seung's behalf, he's that choice she thinks she'll regret less. So yes, Hyun Seung has to compromise and Song Ah needs to go do what she wants so that she can judge it for herself after experiencing it whether this choice is worth it. If she doesn't, she will see this as a miss opportunity and forever has that regret. Addendenum: I also like to add that I think she chose career over Hyun Seung because with what she had been through (dad and Jae Shin), career is what she believes is stable and truly belongs to her and she doesn't really have faith/confident in relationship, and this is not because of Hyun Seung but her own fear - which is understandable.

I also agree the Show wants to convey the message of female empowerment and wants to sell the dream that women can make it big too. I do understand the approach since for centuries, men have left the women at home and venture out to earn a living then return home therefore why can't women be allowed and supported to do the same? And for once, the man should take a step back and compromise.

Agree there's definitely a risk to the relationship, especially one as new as the OTP's. So I think that's what will keep the drama interesting. As for real life, I kind of think it's not entirely impossible especially for those whose relationship has gone from passionate love to stable companion/family love. Is there any success for couple in real life you know of, @abs-oluteM? Likewise I feel this could apply to Yeon Seung and Woo Hyun too, that whether their love for one another can be transformed into family love rather than sexual, passionate love between man and woman. If it can, then they could remain as family because eventually that's what the husband and wife will become anyway... passion eventually burns out. LOLLL

Jae Shin and Hyo Joo are the most annoying characters for 2021. I feel extremely sorry for Jae Woon, being told to his face Jae Shin never treated him as a friend. I hope Jae Shin don't really mean that! There should have been a scene that he seeks comfort from Ji Seung. This couple needs more screen time than Jae Shin and Hyo Joo! As for Hyo Joo, I have no words for her. She has no life and no pride where Jae Shin is concern and I still don't understand why therefore finds it hard to relate or even show pity. The drama needs to unravel this reason soon because it is just plain tiresome watching all her scenes.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
On 2/22/2021 at 12:30 PM, abs-oluteM said:

Song A was trying so hard. LOL. She should just be natural .

Hmm look forward to this scene :Ghastlel:

*nose bleed* *RIP YANA* if someone look at me like this...I probably dieeeeeee. This guy set a high standard for girl that looking for boyfriend..

Edited by abs-oluteM
Please do not quote images (pics, twitter, YT, gifs) . Thanks
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, JenL said:

Haha, looking at that gif...I never expected to be jealous of a child actor of a drama I'm not watching

Start watching, dear. It'll be over soon in another week! Plus Rowoon really stepped up in acting in this drama. Completely different from what we've seen before so don't miss it!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 14

:laugh: Finally Jae Woon finds out Chae Ji Seung and Chae Hyun Seung are siblings. LOL LOL. I love his facial expression at 0:40! I wonder if they are married after 3 years?

Spoiler

The kiss and bed scenes are so unsatisfying, LOL. I still like the last two kisses better. Felt like it should be switched around based on the progress of their relationship. Hopefully next week's kiss(es) are more passionate like Brahms couple's finale kiss. :brb: *Fingers crossed*

Spoiler

Yeon Seung... :cry: so so so sad. I don't know how I'll react in her place. Most likely unable to even talk normally with Woo Hyun, but I also relate to her feeling pain for Woo Hyun, who she sees is trying so hard to come to terms with it himself.

The last scene of episode 14! Don't know what happened yet but it's not too hard to guess. I just love the micro expressions I see from Rowoon. First it was surprise and disbelief the person he misses are in front of him. Once that disbelief passes, his face hardens and anger seems to slowly creeps in. The BGM was nicely used too. I feel the emotions.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Episode 15 Preview

Bwahahahaha @abs-oluteM the angst that I enjoyed is back (next week). :laugh: I prefer this angst over watching Hyo Joo to be honest. Hyun Seung even though may seem mild manner and easy to forgive/forget most of the time, but I can see from some scenes, he does have a temper and a stubborn streak in him. It's obvious he's mad at Song Ah, LOL!

Looks like Song Ah will need to work on it to get him back... :heiboi: I'm looking forward to the rekindled feelings. Hehehe. That said, she's back earlier than planned.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Yana said:

Well.....get in the line girls...:cool:we have long queue here. 

Tell me about it . I won't be able to leave this handsome face :wow:

dKw4spB.png

@mademoiselle I just got off the episode. OMO! What was that ending? TBH, I kind of saw it coming. No matter how HS says he will wait, how much they promise they will work hard to keep the relationship, it will be a challenge maintaining things long distance. Song A is a workaholic - I can imagine that she may have neglected him in those years they were apart. He looks angry but very hot :pandaevil:... there's a silver lining in every cloud

( I have more to say - need to  organize my thoughts)

@JenL this drama is worth watching. Takes a very realistic approach to office romance. And Rowoon is excellent here.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

2 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

TBH, I kind of saw it coming. No matter how HS says he will wait, how much they promise they will work hard to keep the relationship, it will be a challenge maintaining things long distance. Song A is a workaholic - I can imagine that she may have neglected him in those years they were apart.

Yeah especially when there is time-zone difference. I have a friend from France too and it's hard to stay in contact at the same time. Either she stays up or I'll have to to be able to chat live. Even in Seoul, he's already getting left cold and it would just triple when she's there. It's a realistic approach, and I'm not too worried because I'm 101% confident I'll get my happy ending LOL.

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

He looks angry but very hot

Yes he does and in all black too :wow:

• Heart Eyes 1

Anyhow episode 14 was one of growth . Song A's mum finally coming to terms with the past and being happy and pleased for her daughter's choices be it career or relationships. Mum is a fan of Hyun Seung! Then there was Hyo Joo too - I like the scene of her with Jae Woon. She is fortunate to have a brother like him. She finally decided to move on and focus on her photography. Jae Shin decided to start his own business but found it hard to get investors because JW, having a lot of clout in this industry , "punishes" him by telling investors to avoid it. It is a small punishment, I think for JS considering the backstabbing he did to JW. But anyhow the 3-year time jump shows that JS did succeed.

I thought they handled Yeon Sung & her husband's issue with a lot of sensitivity. Her husband is a man confused with what he wants and he has never been able to be honest with his own feelings. His upbringing , family expectations etc may have had a hand in him denying his sexual orientation.  YS showed a lot of grace and you can tell she was the bigger person here. She let him go so that he could find himself and not have to suffer. I was heartbroken for her. I was not her biggest fan initially but I do feel bad putting myself in her shoes. Just a note of how I love the relationship between the Chae siblings. They are so close - reminds me how close I am to my bro & sis. Nothing like family !

I have to commend HS for really being the bigger giver in this relationship. Honestly , it's not easy to find someone like that IRL. He loves her more than she does - for many women viewers it is somewhat a fantasy and dream. K dramas have spoilt it for us , no? :HaunterOK:. However even with all the sweet scenes and promises they made to each other before she left, I had a nagging feeling that things will not that be easy. The 3-year jump sees a lot of career progress for every one including our HS who's now Manager and Song A who will return as GM. But it also ends with the two no longer together. I look forward to seeing her be the one to pursue him more fervently this round @mademoiselle!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1