Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

@mademoiselle always know how to sell me on dramas...haha! 

I loved Won Jin Ah in Just Between Lovers but didn't really enjoy Melting Me Softly (not because of her). I'm excited to see her in another drama. I've only seen Ro Woon in Where Stars Land, but his role wasn't all that big in there. I know he was in Extraordinary You which everyone seemed to loved but Lee Jae Wook is a bias of mine so.....and I haven't seen it too. :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
4 hours ago, Tofu said:

@mademoiselle always know how to sell me on dramas...haha! 

I loved Won Jin Ah in Just Between Lovers but didn't really enjoy Melting Me Softly (not because of her). I'm excited to see her in another drama. I've only seen Ro Woon in Where Stars Land, but his role wasn't all that big in there. I know he was in Extraordinary You which everyone seemed to loved but Lee Jae Wook is a bias of mine so.....and I haven't seen it too.

I would recommend checking it out and this must be watched with the BTS. Rowoon was like someone that came out of manga in Extraordinary You. So aesthetically beautiful + why would you say no to a Lee Jae Wook's drama, right? As for the BTS, maybe because they were all around the same age so they all behave very casual with one another. Both Rowoon and Jae Wook would tease Hye Yoon for being short (meanies!) and Hye Yoon would hit them both coz of it (hilarious). The writing is flawed (like any other), Haru is lovable although his character lacks depth, which was a pity, but the show itself designed it that way (I'm trying not to spill spoiler). I still enjoy the show and liked the idea of the storyline. Lastly, Haru is too beautiful to turn away. Haha.

• Like 3
19 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I would recommend checking it out and this must be watched with the BTS. Rowoon was like someone that came out of manga in Extraordinary You. So aesthetically beautiful + why would you say no to a Lee Jae Wook's drama, right? As for the BTS, maybe because they were all around the same age so they all behave very casual with one another. Both Rowoon and Jae Wook would tease Hye Yoon for being short (meanies!) and Hye Yoon would hit them both coz of it (hilarious). The writing is flawed (like any other), Haru is lovable although his character lacks depth, which was a pity, but the show itself designed it that way (I'm trying not to spill spoiler). I still enjoy the show and liked the idea of the storyline. Lastly, Haru is too beautiful to turn away. Haha.

@Tofu Yep, you have to watch Extraordinary You - @mademoiselle is right... it was so much funnnn and one of the rare K-dramas with decent behind the scenes...:hearties: There was a lot....I'm sad I missed it when it was live. But saw it earlier in the year and that's what led me to watch DDSSLLS.  I loved the cast chemistry so much and LJW's fanclub, as well as Hye Yoon and Rowoon's fan clubs subbed the BTS, so it's like endless hours of fun :heart: Also aside from the actors being so damn cute together and still having reunions at award shows, the show itself was fun and oddly philosophical, which I really liked. Rowoon's character Haru, was pretty but a bit bland to be honest...LJW's character starts off being someone I wanted to punch and ends up being someone I wanted to comfort.

But to bring the topic back to this drama, I'm hoping Rowoon's character is better this time around...but also hoping his acting has improved. He is so pretty, and off screen, so charismatic. But I need some more nuanced acting from him. 

Edited by JenL
  • Like 4

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

I can't deny a LJW project. I adore him too much. Haha! I'll add it to my list of dramas to watch.

Yay! He was cute in When the Weather is Fine I'll Come Find You too. I also quite enjoyed and liked that drama.

3 minutes ago, Tofu said:

They are both Harus.

Hahahaha but is your "Haru" meaning the Japanese "haru" as in Spring?

• Like 5
8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Hahahaha but is your "Haru" meaning the Japanese "haru" as in Spring?

Hahaha, yes. My Haru is named after the Japanese word for spring because he was adopted in the spring. The other meaning (more of a secret meaning that I just want to have...haha!) is because I liked a Big Bang song named Haru Haru too. :laugh:What's the meaning for Ro Woon's Haru?

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2
2 minutes ago, Tofu said:

Hahaha, yes. My Haru is named after the Japanese word for spring because he was adopted in the spring. The other meaning (more of a secret meaning that I just want to have...haha!) is because I liked a Big Bang song named Haru Haru too. What's the meaning for Ro Woon's Haru?

Oh yes that's right. I remember you mentioned that in Pictures for Your Thoughts. Rowoon's Haru means "a day". He wasn't given a name since he's an extra. At first FL called him Number 13 (class student number) and later she named him Haru. The original drama name was Eojjeoda Balgyeonhan Haru (Ha-ru Found by Chance).

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
9 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Oh yes that's right. I remember you mentioned that in Pictures for Your Thoughts. Rowoon's Haru means "a day". He wasn't given a name since he's an extra. At first FL called him Number 13 (class student number) and later she named him Haru. The original drama name was Eojjeoda Balgyeonhan Haru (Ha-ru Found by Chance).

Ahh....interesting. I'll have to watch it some time soon then. Haha!

The stills look so nice! Won Jin Ah is very pretty! :heart:

• Like 4
10 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

"Haru" in Korean literally means "one day".  The Korean title is, as they so frequently, are a play on the character Haru's name, but also that it "just happened one day".

This drama's teasers does look good, and the chemistry between WJA and RW is definitely there.

I remember Rowoon being very cute in the BTS, but his acting was rather flat, even given the way the character was written. I definitely ended up developing SLS in that drama, especially as LJW's character went from being someone I wanted to punch to someone struggling with his identity, his self awareness and his true feelings and actions versus his fictional feelings and actions. It really felt as if LJW's character had the most significant arc, and I credit that to LJW's nuanced portrayal of his characters since the writing on the other characters were frothier, so no reason to think that his character had been written to be that much deeper.

I really like WJA as an actress, but her weakness is actually in the love scenes, so hope that she's improved there as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[News] SF9’s Rowoon Is A Capable Cosmetics Brand Marketer In New Romance Drama With Won Jin Ah

Eoxjz5cXUAEmOWe?format=jpg&name=large

JTBC’s upcoming Monday-Tuesday drama “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” (literal translation) released new stills of SF9’s Rowoon!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” will tell the love story of the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah (played by Won Jin Ah) and her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung (played by Rowoon), who works with her on the marketing team for a cosmetics brand.

The newly released stills depict the office life of Chae Hyun Seung, a cosmetics brand marketer who has been working at the company for one year. Eyes sparkling and filled with curiosity, Chae Hyun Seung focuses on the meeting with a smile on his face. He also smoothly hands out a drink to his co-worker on a different team to gain their favor.

Spoiler

Eoxjz5MXIAAkdxZ?format=jpg&name=largeEoxjz59WEAANizW?format=jpg&name=large

Another still shows a different charm from his usual image as an adorable hoobae (junior). With a sincere expression, he sits in front of his desk biting his lips as if something isn’t working out in his favor.

The production team shared, “Actor Rowoon and Chae Hyun Seung share so many similarities that one could say they’re 100 percent in sync. Furthermore, actor Rowoon researches his character in depth for every scene and immerses himself in his role, so an unexpected Chae Hyun Seung is created all the time.” They continued, “We’re doing our best to create a drama that will put viewers in a good mood and make them feel excited as they watch, so please show lots of interest and support until the premiere.”

“Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” is currently slated to premiere in January 2021, following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Live On.”

Source (1) via soompi

[News] Won Jin Ah Is Passionate About Makeup In Upcoming Romane Drama With SF9’s Rowoon

Won-Jin-Ah-3.jpg

JTBC’s upcoming drama “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” (literal translation) released new stills of Won Jin Ah!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” will tell the love story of the perfectionist Yoon Song Ah (played by Won Jin Ah) and her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung (played by SF9’s Rowoon), who works with her on the marketing team for a cosmetics brand.

Won Jin Ah will be playing Yoon Song Ah, the role of the sunbae (someone senior at work, school, or in an industry) referred to in the unique title. Yoon Song Ah has been working as a professional brand marketer at a cosmetics company for three years, and she possesses impressive leadership skills, great drive, and a level-headed personality. She’ll begin an unexpected relationship with her hoobae (junior) at work and make viewers’ hearts flutter with their romance.

In the newly released stills, Yoon Song Ah has a loveable smile and a confident aura. With a trendy office fashion look, Yoon Song Ah is a professional from her clothes to her makeup, believing how she looks reflects the company.

Spoiler

EorZ8s-UYAAq45S?format=jpg&name=mediumWon-Jin-Ah.jpg

As someone with a dream of making their own cosmetics brand and as the person in charge of colors shades, Yoon Song Ah’s eyes sparkle whenever she sees a new product or new color. The still of Yoon Song Ah immersing herself in her work with her hair tied up highlights her charisma and sincere love for her work.

However, Yoon Song Ah has an interesting habit of reapplying pink lipstick to her lips. Afterwards, she escapes the eyes of her team members and suspiciously disappears, making viewers curious about Yoon Song Ah’s secret.

The production team shared, “We want to show a really cool side of a sunbae to the point where viewers think, ‘I want to become a sunbae like that.’ Actress Won Jin Ah’s passion for acting made Yoon Song Ah even more cool and loveable. Please look forward to that synergy.”

“Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick” is currently slated to premiere in January 2021, following the conclusion of JTBC’s “Live On.”

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 4