Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

[News] 2021.01.08 SF9’s Rowoon Says He’s Gotten So Close With “She Would Never Know” Co-Star Won Jin Ah That It Actually Became A Problem During Filming

ErKz1N4WMAAZUPG?format=jpg&name=medium

According to SF9’s Rowoon, his chemistry with “She Would Never Know” co-star Won Jin Ah came about so effortlessly that it actually got in the way of filming the drama!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” is an upcoming JTBC drama about the complicated office love story of two co-workers who work together on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Although Yoon Song Ah is initially unable to see Chae Hyun Seung as anything other than a younger colleague, Chae Hyun Seung only has eyes for her.

Both Rowoon and Won Jin Ah had plenty of praise for one another, with Won Jin Ah commenting, “The more I get to know Rowoon, the more I think that he’s a very open person.”

Describing her experience working with Rowoon behind the scenes, the actress shared, “Because he’s as cheerful and humorous as I’d expected, he’s been creating a passionate atmosphere on the filming set while exchanging honest opinions about the drama with the director, cast, and crew. Thanks to him, the set is overflowing with laughter, and I’m enjoying filming the drama.”

Meanwhile, Rowoon recalled that he and Won Jin Ah had already become close before they ever stepped foot on set. “Even before we began filming, we made an effort to talk a lot about the script and get to know each other,” he said.

He went on reveal that their budding friendship had actually become a “problem” while filming certain scenes for the drama, explaining, “In the beginning of the drama, there needs to be some distance between our characters. But we got so close while preparing that it actually became a problem [while filming those early scenes]. That’s how good our chemistry is.”

Rowoon-Won-Jin-Ah-2.jpg

“She Would Never Know” will premiere on January 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

• Heart Eyes 1

[News] SF9’s Rowoon Finds Himself At A Loss For Words In “She Would Never Know”

lee-hyun-wook-lee-joo-bin1.jpg

SF9’s Rowoon can’t hold back his surprise after witnessing something meant to be a secret!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.

rowoon1.jpg

In newly released stills, Chae Hyun Seung is shocked to see Lee Jae Shin (Lee Hyun Wook) and Lee Hyo Joo (Lee Joo Bin) together.

Lee Jae Shin and Lee Hyo Joo are unmistakably a loving couple. With arms linked, the two give off strong soon-to-be-wed vibes on their visit to a bridal shop.

Chae Hyun Seung knows that Yoon Song Ah, a coworker he has a crush on, is in a relationship with Lee Jae Shin, so seeing him seemingly preparing for a wedding with another woman causes him great shock.

won-jin-ah2.jpg

The tension is heightened with the photo released of Yoon Song Ah. She is seen taking a look at rings at a jewelry shop with a smile. With Yoon Song Ah seemingly oblivious to her boyfriend’s visit to the bridal shop with another woman, viewers are brought to the edge of their seats by the sense of an oncoming conflict.

“She Would Never Know” premieres on January 18 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

~5 min Preview Highlight

JTBC’s upcoming drama “She Would Never Know” has released a highlight reel previewing the intriguing love stories between the main characters!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while SF9’s Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Lee Hyun Wook takes on the role of ambitious marketing team director Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Joo Bin plays Lee Hyo Joo, the granddaughter of the cosmetics company’s founder and a rising star in the photography world.

The highlight reel begins by setting the scene at the cosmetics company before revealing Yoon Song Ah and Chae Hyun Seung’s first meeting at a university job fair. Following is a collection of moments that reveal Chae Hyun Seung’s desire to get closer to Yoon Song Ah as he helps her select makeup products and even asks her out to dinner. However, Yoon Song Ah turns down his offer with the reply, “I’m going on a date with my boyfriend.”

Won-Jin-Ah-Rowoon-1.jpg

Chae Hyun Seung attempts to reason with himself as his voice is heard saying, “She seemed happy enough. I should stop trying.” Meanwhile, Yoon Song Ah smiles in the embrace of Lee Jae Shin, whom Chae Hyun Seung later unintentionally sees spending time with Lee Hyo Joo at a wedding shop. Having discovered Lee Jae Shin’s secret, Chae Hyun Seung regards him coolly at the office. Although he tries to hold back his urge to tell Yoon Song Ah what he saw, his voice is next heard saying, “I can’t hold back any longer. I want to protect her.”

The highlight reel then gives a glimpse of the fallout that occurs once Yoon Song Ah learns of Lee Jae Shin’s secret. After Chae Hyun Seung urges Yoon Song Ah to look out for herself, she starts to avoid Lee Jae Shin’s touch at the office. Harboring conflicting emotions and upset at Chae Hyun Seung’s interference, Yoon Song Ah confronts him with an outburst, but he confesses, “I went through it too. The same thing you’re going through.”

Won-Jin-Ah-1.jpg

Lee Jae Shin’s background and his twisted relationship with his high school friend Lee Jae Woon (Lee Kyu Han) is revealed next, along with the pressure he feels to marry Lee Jae Woon’s sister Lee Hyo Joo. In the following clips, he appears obviously torn about letting Yoon Song Ah go, but she takes it upon herself to break up with him first.

Finally, Lee Hyo Joo takes a stand as she confronts Lee Jae Shin and says, “Just because I like you more, it doesn’t mean I’m weak.” Chae Hyun Seung also grows closer to Yoon Song Ah, who starts to show signs of warming up to him as the highlight reel comes to an end.

source

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Clapping Hands 1
40 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@mademoiselle are we supposed to sympathise with the 2nd lead ?

Hahaha are you asking this in case you might develop SLS? The C-sub is out so I have better understanding of the preview. I shall look out for the Eng sub & replace it when it is released later.

What is known from character descriptions and the preview are that:

Jae Shin was poor (Dad was a con man, Mum abandoned him) and desperate so he was willing to be a dog to Jae Woon (KLAR's heir) during high school. Although Jae Woon asked Jae Shin to be his friend and helped him become successful. And because his sister Hyo Joo likes only Jae Shin so he asked Jae Shin to be with her - hence you see them trying out wedding dresses etc.

She seems terribly affected by him marrying someone else .

Is "She" = Won Jin Ah? If so, yes, because Jae Shin is cheating on her.

She was so fierce to RoWoon’s character.

This is speculation only because the dialogues & previews are in pieces:

First scene was because he was being rude to Jae Shin at work. So that's unprofessional & unacceptable by Song Ah since I think Hyun Seung reports to her.

The second scene, it seems like Hyun Seung (Rowoon) eventually decided to tell Song Ah the truth about Jae Shin's cheating. After dobbing Jae Shin, he asked Song Ah to take care of herself first. She was having a difficult time as it seems Hyun Seung might be pushing her a bit too much to move on that she exploded and lashes at him.

Per the web novel (spoiler alert - don't enter if you don't want to know now):

Spoiler

Jae Shin wanted Song Ah back so he threatens to transfer Hyun Seung to the regional area. By that time Song Ah & Hyun Seung just got together so he decided to quit rather than being used to pressure Song Ah. Song Ah, too, decided to find a new job since Hyun Seung is leaving. Song Ah also decided to inform Hyo Joo that he was cheating on both of them, that Song Ah and him had been dating for about 2-3 years.

Pick your Hyun Seung:

JTBC is totally using Rowoon to the max for promotion :PikachuFacePalm:

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle Me no SLS...ahahahah. I am on "team nice arms, shoulders and handsome face " Rowoon  :smile:
Yeah I was referring to Woh Jin Ah's character being so fierce to Rowoon. 

-------------------------------

spoiler article for highlight video  translated from: http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202101111039120580648_1

In the released video, Yoon Song-ah (Won Jin-ah), Chae Hyun-seung (Ro Woon-eun), Lee Jae-shin (Lee Hyun-wook), and Lee Hyo-joo (Lee Joo-bin) attracts our attention as we can see the tangled relationship and uncontrollable development of the four people. In particular, marketers Yoon Song-ah and Chae Hyun-seung, who work for cosmetics brand "Klar," will start off  with a flash back to a past narrative that followed her to a job briefing session when she was in college .

Then, Chae Hyun-seung's cute unrequited love moment was unfolded next to his senior Yoon Song-ah. He suddenly enters the boyfriend mode, saying, "Choose one, you too," under the excuse of being caught by a competitor's market research, and then asks a secret date, "Do you want to have dinner?" causing a  smile.

However, Yoon Song-ah saw Lee Jae-shin, the head of the same marketing team, where Lee Jae-shin came to a wedding shop with another woman, Lee Hyo-joo.  So we will learn the secret of Lee Jae-shin, who goes back and forth between the two women, but the Hyun Seung as the outsider/ third person cannot easily intervene, and  he can only sheds his anger with cold eyes without words.

But "I can't stand it anymore, I want to protect her " he said. "I want to protect her " signaling a turning point in the play, and he sings his heart out. He made up his mind because he could not just watch his favorite woman, Yoon Song-ah, get hurt without knowing anything.

While each character is curious about what turning point they will face after the truth is revealed, Lee Jae-shin hurriedly raised his voice by holding onto Yoon Song-ah, saying, "You didn't listen to me," and Lee Hyo- joo, who is engaged to Lee Jae-shin, was revealed, adding to the unpredictable development.

In addition, the changes of Yoon Song-ah and Chae Hyun-seung, who take a step closer across the boundaries of seniors and juniors, and the interesting stories of Lee Jae-shin, Lee Jae-woon (Lee Kyu-han), and Lee Hyo-joo will be revealed.

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

[News] 2021.01.14 “She Would Never Know” Director Shares Praise For SF9’s Rowoon, Won Jin Ah, And More

The director of JTBC’s upcoming drama “She Would Never Know” had nothing but compliments for the main cast!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Additionally, Lee Hyun Wook will play the ambitious marketing team director Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Joo Bin will take on the role of Lee Hyo Joo, the granddaughter of the cosmetic company’s founder and a rising star in the photography world.

In an interview, Director Lee Dong Yoon began by sharing his first impressions of the drama. “When I first saw the title, I was honestly surprised,” he revealed, referring to the Korean title of the drama which literally translates to “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick.” He continued, “I have to admit I was a little worried since the title was so direct and bold. However, after reading the script it turned out to be a serious love story.”

Lee Dong Yoon also revealed the aspects of the drama that drew him to take on the role of director. “The story isn’t just a sweet and simple romance between a couple with an age difference. I liked that the story closely follows the beginning of their love story as well as how they work to protect their love,” he explained. “Aside from the main couple, I also think that there are a lot of points of interest due to the various storylines of the other characters.”

Won-Jin-Ah1.jpg

Lee Dong Yoon shared his thoughts on the four actors that made up the main cast. Beginning with Won Jin Ah, he said, “Won Jin Ah plays the role of Yoon Song Ah, who has no choice but to get stuck between a man who betrayed her and a younger man who approaches her. Because of that, I wanted her to be a truly realistic character that you would see in real life. Won Jin Ah always stood out to me in her previous roles where she had her feet firmly planted in reality, so I had wanted to work with her at some point. When I met her, she first told me that she would like it if Yoon Song Ah wasn’t the type to fall in love blindly. I really liked that.”

Rowoon2.jpgAbout Rowoon, Lee Dong Yoon said, “Rowoon looks like he just leapt out of the script. Everything is the same, from his impressive height and broad shoulders to his bright eyes and smile.” The director continued, “When I met him in person, I was even more surprised since he took a very serious attitude toward the production. I was impressed with the way he immersed himself in his role and the drama even at his young age. His appearance aside, I think there’s no better actor to take on the role of Chae Hyun Seung who grows as he becomes enlightened by love.”

Lee-Hyun-Wook.jpgNext, Lee Dong Yoon shared his praise for Lee Hyun Wook. “I first saw him at an audition for the role of Lee Jae Shin, and he did well from the start,” he revealed. “He took someone who just looks like he betrays others and turned him into a three-dimensional character. Lee Jae Shin is a restrained character who doesn’t express much emotion, but Lee Hyun Wook expressed his minor changes in emotions through nothing but his gaze and his tone of voice.”

Lee-Joo-Bin.jpgFinally, Lee Dong Yoon shared his thoughts on Lee Joo Bin, noting that she was actually the first actress to be cast in the drama. He said, “Lee Hyo Joo is a character who can be naïve but also be overflowing with charisma, so her character was hard to pin down. It was after meeting Lee Joo Bin that I was able to decide how to portray the character. Although she’s very extravagant and bright, she’s also a strong-minded actress. I liked her bubbly personality in ‘Melo Is My Nature‘ and I’m looking forward to seeing her display a different sort of charm through this drama.”

Source (1) via soompi

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 1

[News/Magazine] SF9’s Rowoon And Won Jin Ah Talk About Their Upcoming Drama “She Would Never Know,” The Atmosphere On The Set, And More.

rowoon-won-jin-ah3.jpg

“She Would Never Know” co-stars SF9’s Rowoon and Won Jin Ah showed off their impressing chemistry in the February issue of Elle magazine!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” will tell the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah will star as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon will play her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung.

won-jin-ah3.jpg

They posed in stylish business attire that made them perfectly immerse with their roles as office workers. In an interview to accompany their pictorial, they talked about various topics involving their drama.

Won Jin Ah talked about her character Yoon Song Ah, saying, “She has been a marketer for three years. She has her own personal scar, but I didn’t want her to seem weak because of that.”

Then she shared her thoughts on her co-star Rowoon. She commented, “There is some kind of tension in the beginning when you work with senior actors, but Rowoon is very mature. Thanks to him, I was able to get comfortable quickly.”

rowoon2.jpg

Rowoon mentioned the drama set, saying, “The atmosphere on the set is really great. The director is also open to accepting everyone’s opinions.”

This is his second time playing the male lead with his first being in “Extraordinary You,” and he shared, “Acting and singing are necessities to me. They’re both works of art, but the catharsis is different.”

Their full pictorial and interview will be in the February issue of Elle.

Source (1) via soompi

• Heart Eyes 1