Sunbae, Don't Put On That Lipstick 선배, 그 립스틱 바르지 마요 [2021]

@mademoiselle they have a pre-released video . So he catches 2nd ML cheating on her . 

I managed to watch a bit of the Press con - Rowoon so shy when they ask him to say the tag line: Sunbae Don't Put on That Lipstick. 

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

@abs-oluteM Yeah I watched it on Weibo (my alternative route of access). It's really annoying when they update, they don't update all the SNS platforms. So we've to go absolutely everywhere.

They are showing a LOT of spoilers (videos & photos) of the part where Jae Shin is cheating...are they going straight into him cheating already in episode 1? No more surprise anymore, mannnn.

More Press Con Stills

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

I forgot this was starting! Need to catch up on all this pretty content too :heart:

I probably need a break from live dramas since this is my 5th Live drama at the moment, but still gonna watch this live since Rowoon :hearties: ...and I hate spoilers :idk:

• Haha 3

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

Episode 1 Cuts

The pace of this show is super fast. You don't even have to use FF! Everything gets revealed in one episode, what else are they going to show in the next 15?! The drama starts off with Hyun Seung already working for KLAR for a year and he's Song Ah's trainee.

Spoiler

Hyun Seung sneakily picks out a lipstick colour that suits Song Ah using the disguise of market research.

Trying to ask sunbae out without success

Hyun Seung's house looks really nice. After showering (No skin!!), he stands in front of the moonlight (I think) recalling when he first met Song Ah

Hyo Joo makes an appearance...

Poor Hyun Seung witnessing Song Ah & Jae Shin together on his birthday!

Spoiler

Bleurgghhhh why Show has to show us their kiss. Makes me feel sick since it looks like they are having an affair instead because they are hiding their relationship.

Poor Hyun Seung lost his sleep and the next day feeling all awkward with these two.

Hyun Seung tells Noona he is thinking of giving up his unrequitted crush.

However after seeing Jae Shin and Hyo Joo walked into his Noona's wedding shop, Hyun Seung is antagonistic towards Jae Shin and decided not to give up.

Wowww, although Hyun Seung wanted to punch Jae Shin the next day... he actually decided to put up with it and one month passes... he looked like he had a hell of a hard time withholding because he had to wash his face to cool down...

Continue on from their first meet, sweet Hyun Seung went to buy lunch for Song Ah and prevent others disturbing her lunch by sitting outside the door looking absolutely GORGEOUS.

-- The End --

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
1 hour ago, mademoiselle said:

Awww @JenL Lookkkk

Awwww bros :heart: Despite not officially following each other on Insta , they probably communicate more with each other than the people they actually follow :laugh:

LJW also promoted this drama through his Insta stories:

qgSU9GC.png

21 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

The pace of this show is super fast. Everything gets revealed in one episode, what else are they going to show in the next 15?! 

I heard someone on Twitter say that this first episode felt like they were trying to do too much with the story. I haven't seen it yet, so I'll reserve judgement till I actually watch it. I like good pacing...but I guess fast is not always good if it feels cramped? :thinking:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

@mademoiselle @JenL I went through some cuts on JTBC....a lot of reveals...but oh my why I do I feel bad for Rowoon ...he super adores her but we know it is going to be a long journey for her to sort out her own feelings ...I mean she's in love with the 2nd ML 

Spoiler

ooo the good thing is that it is already up on IQIYI which is available in my region. Off to watch

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

[News] 2021.01.19 “She Would Never Know” Previews Tense Encounter At Wedding Dress Shop

she-would-never-know.jpg

JTBC’s new drama “She Would Never Know” has revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming episode!

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” tells the complicated office love story of two coworkers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah stars as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while SF9’s Rowoon plays her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Lee Hyun Wook takes the role of marketing director Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Joo Bin plays Lee Hyo Joo, the granddaughter of the cosmetics company’s founder who hides a soft heart under a hard exterior.

The drama premiered on January 18, and on January 19, it gave a glimpse of the second episode.

In the newly released stills, Chae Hyun Seung, Yoon Song Ah, Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Hyo Joo are at the wedding dress shop Hara, which is owned by Chae Hyun Seung’s sister Chae Ji Seung (Wang Bit Na). Yoon Song Ah is stunned that her lover is at a wedding shop with another woman. Chae Hyun Seung, who is secretly in love with her, seems anxious and worried, and he’s disappointed that he can’t do anything for her as a mere colleague.

In contrast, Lee Jae Shin and Lee Hyo Joo are blissful and happy as they make wedding preparations. Lee Jae Shin gazes at awe at his beautiful bride who is wearing a glamorous wedding dress. Viewers are eager to watch the next episode in order to find out how Yoon Song Ah will deal with the betrayal and cope with the heartbreak.

The second episode of “She Would Never Know” will air on January 19 at 9 p.m. KST.

Source (1) via soompi

[News] 2020.01.19 Press Conference: “She Would Never Know” Cast Shares Why They Joined The Drama, What To Look Forward To, And More

173995dfbfb14c00ad2770b744be96b1.jpeg?s=

The cast of JTBC’s “She Would Never Know” spoke about their characters, what drew them to the drama, and more!

On January 18, Won Jin Ah, SF9’s Rowoon, Lee Hyun Wook, Lee Joo Bin, and director Lee Dong Yoon participated in an online press conference ahead of the drama’s premiere.

An adaptation of a popular web novel, “She Would Never Know” tells the complicated office love story of two workers on a marketing team for a cosmetics brand. Won Jin Ah stars as perfectionist Yoon Song Ah, while Rowoon plays her dashing younger colleague Chae Hyun Seung. Lee Hyun Wook takes on the role of ambitious marketing team director Lee Jae Shin, and Lee Joo Bin plays Lee Hyo Joo, the granddaughter of the cosmetics company’s founder and a rising star in the photography world.

Director Lee Dong Yoon introduced the drama as one that consists of “the bubbly charm and chemistry of a couple with an age difference” but is also at its core a serious story about one couple’s romance.

Making a reference to the drama’s Korean title, which literally translates to, “Sunbae, Don’t Put on That Lipstick,” Lee Dong Yoon shared, “As the setting is a cosmetics company, there are scenes related to lipstick. However, it’s not just the lipstick but also the symbolism that it holds. She has lipstick that she put on whenever she met the man she used to love, but the younger colleague who finds out about the thing she couldn’t say tells her, ‘I wish you wouldn’t put it on.'”

Won Jin Ah also shared her thoughts on the unique title. “When I first heard the title over the phone, I had to ask again,” she said. “The image that the title evokes gave off a really strong and bold feeling, so it was unexpected.”

Continuing, she added, “I wondered if the drama would be really intense, but the way that the emotions develop in the story is steady and realistic. Although I haven’t had the same experiences, I was able to sympathize with the story and was drawn in by the realistic way that the emotions unfold.”

Rowoon chimed in, “The title is unique and has a sexy air. The character of Chae Hyun Seung is somewhat of a fantasy character so when I first heard the title I thought it was sexy.”

Lee Dong Yoon then spoke about how he came to cast Won Jin Ah in the role of professional marketer Yoon Song Ah. “I frequently watched Won Jin Ah’s previous works. She’s a good actor and she has her own style,” he noted. “When I thought about casting someone for the role, I hoped that the role would be portrayed in a realistic manner instead of like something from a fantasy novel, since she’s stuck in the middle of two men. I wanted an actress with a genuine side. When I met Won Jin Ah for the first time she was great, and she also understands her character at a deep level.”

Won Jin Ah revealed that she worked at an office job in her early twenties before she became an actress, noting that even though she didn’t have many memories about that time, her muscle memory seemed to kick in when she sat in front of the keyboard and mouse.

Sharing how she prepared for her role, Won Jin Ah explained, “Since the drama is set at a cosmetics company, we have to run a lot of tests, and we were given the opportunity to meet and learn from real employees in the field. I also watched marketers’ vlogs on YouTube.”

Won Jin Ah also gave more insight into her character. “Yoon Song Ah might seem like a workaholic, but she’s always in relationships,” she said. “I think she’s passionate in every way. She’s an intelligent character who can take on both work and love.”

Lee Dong Yoon said about Rowoon, “He’s tall, handsome, and has a good voice. When I met him in person, he had a very serious attitude toward acting. He thought very seriously about how to bridge the gap between him and his character of Chae Hyun Seung. I wondered if it was possible for someone in their twenties to look like he does and be so serious. I really liked it.”

Sharing why he cast Lee Hyun Wook in the role of marketing director Lee Jae Shin, the director said, “Lee Jae Shin is a character who experiences pain but doesn’t outwardly express much. Lee Hyun Wook expresses his role’s feelings in a short moment using his gaze and his voice. I thought he did well.”

The romance drama is notably different from many of Lee Hyun Wook’s previous roles in thriller dramas such as OCN’s “Search.” The actor said that rather than attempting to take up the challenge of a new genre, he was drawn to the drama for other reasons. “In my previous productions I played cynical and antisocial characters who were out to harm others, but in this drama I can smile warmly,” he shared. “Because of that, instead of trying to make a special change I just tried to act out exactly what was in the script.”

Lee Joo Bin also spoke about her role as Lee Hyo Joo, the granddaughter of the cosmetics company’s founder who hides a soft heart under a hard exterior. “It’s my first time playing someone from a rich family, so I was able to experience that life indirectly,” she revealed. “I wanted to make ‘young and rich’ one of the descriptors of my character.”

Won Jin Ah then let viewers know what to look out for in the drama. “Since it’s a story about an older woman and a younger man, I think viewers will enjoy watching over the process of how they progress from colleagues into a couple,” she shared. “There’s going to be a difference before and after they fall in love, so that will be interesting to watch as well.”

Rowoon piqued viewers’ curiosity by concluding, “I think the drama’s title is about finding oneself. If you watch the drama, you’ll see what kind of meaning this message holds.”

Rowoon’s role as an office worker marks a departure from his previous high school romance drama “Extraordinary You.” Hoping to give viewers a glimpse at a completely opposite side of him, Rowoon added, “Fundamentally, I don’t think there’s a big difference between school and office romance, but there will be differences based on the situation and the setting.”

Source (1) via soompi

• Like 2
20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh my why I do I feel bad for Rowoon

I think it would be a horrible feeling realising that every time Jae Shin said he's going upstairs for a meeting and Song Ah would put on that bright red lipstick right in front of him and goes meet Jae Shin. God knows what they were doing, you know? Imagination would definitely run wild. And Hyun Seung actually endured it for one more month before he cracks it. :pandadisgusted:

TBH, that conversation Jae Shin had with her at the end of episode 1 could be said in a simple text message. Does he actually think it is much more sincere or believable to reject her face-to-face? LOLLL. Honestly if I were Song Ah in episode 2 tonight, I'd feel so sick/disgusted by all of it and hate myself for being so naive and believing all the lies he made up about the work meetings with Director.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
4 hours ago, mademoiselle said:
20 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

oh my why I do I feel bad for Rowoon

I think it would be a horrible feeling realising that every time Jae Shin said "He's going upstairs for a meeting" and Song Ah would put on that bright red lipstick right in front of him and goes meet Jae Shin. God knows what they were doing, you know? Imagination would definitely run wild. And Hyun Seung actually endured it for one more month before he crack it. :pandadisgusted:

Omg . I felt worse after watching it with subs....errrrrrr....

After watching the 1st episode late last night, there are somethings that I noted

1. Our handsome trainee is only a year younger than his sunbae . But she's ahead of him two years at work.

2. It was love at first sight when she came to recruit graduates for their team.

3. He's got two sisters - one very irritating one & one cool sis that understands him. Not sure if his parents are still around , sisters raised him

4. His house / apartment looks pretty lavish for a fresh grad...must be rich :D

5.. She has issues with mum. No dad in sight.

6. Cheating 2nd ML, Jae Shin is the ace of the company and leads the team with the company's top brand.

7. Big boss likes him or perhaps needs him a lot since he gets the job done.

8. Jae Shin dating the sister of big boss, Hyo Joo - looks like a strategic thing to do to advance his career.

9. Hyo Joo famous(?) photographer who has no qualms seducing hot models to get the job done. :MewGiggle:

And finally I think best scene for me was the 2nd time they were at the elevator and our boy gave cheater the stare of death! ahahahahaah.

Truth is Rowoon beautiful face is the saving grace of this show. Don't mind the pace but do wonder what they will have in store for the next 15 episodes. WJA - she's an okay actress , but truth be told I don't find her chemistry that strong with Rowoon. She's not really very good in romantic scenes ( have seen her in Life & Melting Me Softly)

• Haha 2

@abs-oluteM

1. Our handsome trainee is only a year younger than his sunbae . But she's ahead of him two years at work.

2. It was love at first sight when she came to recruit graduates for their team.

3. He's got two sisters - one very irritating one & one cool sis that understands him. Not sure if his parents are still around , sisters raised him. Parents are alive. Dad is a human right lawyer (former judge). Mum's a celebrity wedding dress designer.

4. His house / apartment looks pretty lavish for a fresh grad...must be rich :D Bingo. Hyun Seung may not be chaebol rich but well-off. He moved out after finding a job in KLARA.

5.. She has issues with mum. No dad in sight. Dad has passed away. Mum is obsessed with her & can't get over Dad's death.

6. Cheating 2nd ML, Jae Shin is the ace of the company and leads the team with the company's top brand.

7. Big boss likes him or perhaps needs him a lot since he gets the job done. Jae Woon likes him chingu (since high school).

8. Jae Shin dating the sister of big boss, Hyo Joo - looks like a strategic thing to do to advance his career. Jae Woon asked Jae Shin to date Hyo Joo because Hyo Joo only likes him. Although don't know why he agreed.

9. Hyo Joo famous(?) photographer who has no qualms seducing hot models to get the job done. LOL!

I updated page 1 some character descriptions:

Won Jin Ah as Yoon Song Ah (28), a 3 years old marketer in the marketing team for cosmetic company, KLAR.

Ro Woon as Chae Hyun Seung (27), a one year employee in the marketing team.

Lee Hyun Wook as Lee Jae Shin (35), Marketing Team Leader (Brand Manager) of KLAR. Abandoned by his mother and a son of a con man. Jae Shin had nothing until he met Jae Woon.

Lee Joo Bin as Lee Hyo Joo (26), a young photographer, grandaughter of the founder of cosmetic brand.

Lee Kyu Han as Lee Jae Woon (35), the managing director and heir of KLAR. Jae Woon is friends with Jae Shin and likes Hyun Seung's eldest sister, Ji Seung.

People Around Chae Hyun Seung

Wang Bit Na as Chae Ji Seung (37), designer and CEO of a wedding dress shop and Hyun Seung's sister.

Ha Yoon Kyung as Chae Yeon Seung (33), Hyun Seung's second older sister. A housewife married for 8 years with a 7 years old daughter.

Lee Dong Ha as Kang Woo Hyun (35), a director of a large Oriental Medical Clinic at Gangnam. Yeon Seung's husband.

Park So Yi as Kang Ha Eun (7), daughter of Yeon Seung and Woo Hyun. She is Uncle Hyun Seung's love advisor.

Choi Jung Won as Ryu Han Seo (35), owner of a restaurant in Gangnam and is Woo Hyun's only friend.

People Around Yoon Song Ah

Lee Ji Hyun as Oh Wol Sun (52), Song Ah's mother and the owner of a coffee shop.

Kang Hye Jin as Kim Ga Young (28), a salesperson at the department store and Song Ah's close friend.

• Insightful 3

oooo thanks for the info @mademoiselle. I am just dying for her to find out he was cheating on her...and goodness so near to the wedding and he still does not come clean. How are they expecting to redeem Jae Shin's character? Anyhow I think I will get annoyed if she keeps pining for him later and do our handsome boy dirty . I know they will start dating but I have a feeling she will get swayed later on to go back to Jae Shin

• Like 2

1.png

This is an appreciation image. Just coz Rowoon looks gorgeous from the left profile.
2.png

Your "Death Stare" @abs-oluteM HAHAHAHAHA. In the meeting, Hyun Seung even do the staring challenge at Jae Shin xD

3.png

And this too... sooooo swoony :wow:

---

You know what?? If Song Ah marries Hyun Seung, she'd become "Chae Song Ah"!!! :laugh: But this Song Ah is not going to be the same lovable Song Ah we know. I don't think I'll ever forget Park Eun Bin's Song Ah.

---

3 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

oooo thanks for the info @mademoiselle. I am just dying for her to find out he was cheating on her...and goodness so near to the wedding and he still does not come clean. How are they expecting to redeem Jae Shin's character? Anyhow I think I will get annoyed if she keeps pining for him later and do our handsome boy dirty . I know they will start dating but I have a feeling she will get swayed later on to go back to Jae Shin

Hyun Seung is in that horrible position because he's that baddie that will deliver the bad news. I think from the preview, she's trying to give him a chance asking him to go public... and that's where Hyun Seung comes in telling her to face the truth & put her happiness first.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Episode 2 Cuts

Sighhhh~ since I can no longer watch on iQiyi for free, I've to resort to cuts...

It's so fast!! Hyun Seung already tells Song Ah he likes her. He takes her to his noona's wedding dress shop.

Spoiler

Oh yeah, there we go, the reason why Jae Shin agrees to marry Hyo Joo... makjang. LOL

Jae Woon love at first sight with Ji Seung LOLLLL what's with his eye lashes? Did he put on fake lashes or curl his lashes. So distracting...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Heart Eyes 2

Spoiler recaps for Eps 2:

HS took her to the sister's wedding shop( and yes he did tell her he likes her that is why he was interfering in her personal issues)  and they somewhat hid in a back room that allowed them to see what was going on. So she saw with her own eyes when Jae Shin & Hyo Joo walked in. As expected , she was shocked & in denial. She was gonna barge in but HS told her to think about what it was that she wanted to do. I guess creating a scene of makjang proportions would not change the fact he was cheating. 

After the couple left, Song A left but HS went after her . Of course she took in out on him ( people tend to take things out on the messenger when they are at lost as to how to react) .She told him that it was not his place to butt in & that he could have allowed her to salvage her pride. Okay ..ouch...but I think even if it seems cruel but he was doing it in her best interest - I guess it is debatable if this was the best way to tell her but I think if she didn't see it with her own eyes she would not have believed him.

Anyway she avoided Jae Shin calls all weekend. It was a long couple of days for her and for HS too. HS knew that she would likely hate him for doing this , but he didn't want her to continue to be duped. When they were back in the office on Monday, she practically ignored HS ( expected of course) and later Jae Shin did find a moment where to talk to her in private. She gave the excuse that she was not well . Then she asked him to meet her for dinner later.

So we do get to find out why Jae Shin is marrying Hyo Joo - HJ is so in love with him that she had tried to kill herself in the past when JS rejected her. The thing is HJ Hyo Joo seems rather manipulative if you ask me . She would go to great lengths to get things done , so not sure how sincerely she likes JS ( remember how she flirted with the model to get the right emotions out of him) . Nevertheless even if JS feels he has no choice but to marry her, I do think it is wrong that he is also stringing Song Ah along. But I do think he likes Song Ah. 

We also find out that Song Ah's mum is a bit of a nutcase - I think Song Ah's dads death or something must have affected her so much that she does not approve of Song Ah dating . Whatever emotional baggages that the mum has from her own marriage , she is dumping them on Song Ah . So I get why Song Ah avoids the mother.

There were some nice brooding moments of HS - running and all  ( no shower scene yet @mademoiselle - wasted !) , drinking alone. We were also introduced to the niece and bro-in-law. And omo ...think there will be an interesting & comical love line between his sis (the wedding designer) and Hyo Joo's brother - the latter fell in love with her at first sight when she was at the department store trying to buy lipstick . He even wants to resurrect an old no longer in sale limited edition lipstick line when he found out she was looking for that.

Anyway , the time came for Song Ah to meet Jae Shin. So she wanted to make their relationship public but he wanted more time to do so. So I guess she knew now for sure where she stood. She went home & when she got off the bus stop, her mother's call came. She took the call & finally broke down . Later she goes to look for HS and asked him what he think she should do to get back at the man who made her a fool. HS then said that she should date him! 

So is he willing to be used by her so that JS will get jealous? Is this like contract relationship? ahahaha...should be fun. Then she will later fall for him for real!

• Like 2

@abs-oluteM ! When I watch episode 2 and saw this I immediately put a mental note to myself that I must screenshot and show you this! Look at his bulky chest! :pandablush:Let's entice @JenL with this... hahahaha!

yPN4T1h.png

After showing us this, how can there still not be any shower scene? We are suppose to get a scene of him unbuttoning his shirt and goes into a shower! :pandaroar: But either way, still hopeful this scene will come, hehehe, otherwise what's the point of Rowoon beefing up so much for? He was already beautiful even he was skinnier like Haru.

So, how do you like it so far?

---

First Impression for episode 1-2

I'm still concern as to how the writer is planning to fill up 14 episodes when things are revealed so quickly for Jae Shin's cheating, Hyo Joo's obsession with Jae Shin, the cheating revelation as well as Hyun Seung's confession. This is like the quickest development I have seen in the history of my kdrama watching LOL!

I can't say I'm fully invested in the characters after 2 episodes. I have not fallen for the characters as well. I believe I'll need more to find out how much I will like this show. Nonetheless I will continue. Plus I guess the good thing is there's no love triangle anymore, yeah? Hahaha. So far what I do like the most is the relationship between Hyun Seung with eldest sister, Ji Seung.

And the good news is... from School 2017 → Fox Bride Star → Extraordinary You and now Sunbae, Rowoon's acting has definitely improved a lot. The technique of speaking his lines have also shown vast improvement. I'm quite satisfied with his slight arrogant tone and expression when he matter-of-factly tells Song Ah she was rejected, and that assertive/commanding behaviour when he tells Song Ah to meet him after walk for the big reveal. Although it comes across as disrespectful, I can feel he's weighed this all out for the last one month and decided no matter how much she'll hate him, he had to break it to her. I could neither agree nor disagree with Hyun Seung's approach. It's rather cruel and embarrassing even though I understand he did it for her own good, though who is he to decide that for her? Tough... but I'm glad we got the hard part out of the way.

• Haha 2