Undercover 언더커버 [2021]

SnowBlob

@Chocolate I def knew they were in the same drama (I have a lover) as leads.. not sure about the other one. 

Spoiler

hehhehe..I agree with madem..don't think BinJin will have any collaboration soon since they're a couple irl. I actually never see a drama with a real couple as leads 

@mademoiselle Heo Jun Ho was in Designated Survivor with JJH... 

@Chocolate @mademoiselle 100% agree.. JJH is gorgeous! He's like Andy Lay..the older he gets the better he looks. And yet he still retains that Korean look :hearties:

@abs-oluteM ok mama abs... I'm positive we're not getting goodie Heo Jun Ho ahjussi this time again...he looks 100% a bad man from the trailer :PsyWhat: 

And also agree with the article madem posted... this drama has an awesome pool of supporting actors (specifically ahjussi supporting-actors :wow:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob Yeah I remember Heo Jun Ho in DS 60 Days with Ji Jin Hee. Did they work together before this?

Ehhh Andy Lau? Hmm Andy has receding hairline and the thickness of his hair gone and Jin Hee still has lots of hair HAHAHA.

The only real life couple I remember working together a lot was Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman. Korean couples don't work together anymore once they confirmed they are together. It's probably for the better too coz look at the outcome between Nicole and Tom!

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 4
  • Shocked 1
3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

Ehhh Andy Lau? Hmm Andy has receding hairline and the thickness of his hair and Jin Hee still has lots of hair HAHAHA.

I love Andy Lau. One of the hardest working celebrities. But it's true. How do these korean actors maintain their full head of hair? And so many are so tall for asians! Is it in their diet? But I don't like kimchi😅

3 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

The only real life couple I remember working together a lot was Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman. Korean couples don't work together anymore once they confirmed they are together. It's probably for the better too coz look at the outcome between Nicole and Tom!

This is also true. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie is another example. But I think BinJin will be different🤪

4 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

hehhehe..I agree with madem..don't think BinJin will have any collaboration soon since they're a couple irl. I actually never see a drama with a real couple as leads 

Secret

Spoiler

BinJin were already a couple when they were shooting CLOY. I think started late 2018 when they were promoting The Negotiation movie. That's why their relationship looks very stable. Started out as friends, and shown to be able to work together, very happily at that as shown by all the BTS. Plus both have good heads on their shoulders. I think they really do enjoy working with each other, but they are also very mindful of privacy to protect their relationship.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:16 AM, abs-oluteM said:

The video teaser begins with Kim Hyun-joo pointing her gun toward a crestfallen Ji Jin-hee. She internally questions him: “Who are you?”

Oh, this sound a little like Flower of Evil. I hope it is better done, as I found FoE soooo slow.

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

@mademoiselle @Chocolate

LOL..I had to google Andy Lau to check whether how he looks with receding hairline and thinning hair...LOLOLOL... but in all fairness... Andy Lau was born in 1961 and JJH in 1971 :pandajustright: SOOO... we don't know yet how JJH's hair and hairline will be in the next 10 years:pandajustright: Hmm.. I think they use something right to make their hair looks thick? And also the way they style their hairs. Some actors have to have the hair flowingly go over the top of the head...I can't explain it......so if they get the hair wet..you can tell they are balding... 

Spoiler

I also found FoE a bit slow

And whatttt...BinJin is already a couple in CLOY?????

• Haha 6

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

@SnowBlob Song Seung Heon is born in 1976 and his hairline is receding. It's thinning out too I believe. There's another ahjussi that has lots of hair - Kim Sang Joong (1965). I did saw from YT there's a spray you can spray on your scalp to make the hair look fuller.

Bahaha yeah I also think that they were already together during CLOY.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
On 4/1/2021 at 4:26 PM, mademoiselle said:

tall, great muscly toned body. JJH goes to gym all the time (his IG is always his selfie at the gym - so boringggg LOL).

LOL... I almost unfollow him because of this. But it’s still nice to be able to see his handsome face.  

Excited that this drama is coming soon. 

• Haha 6

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

On 4/6/2021 at 11:57 PM, ktcjdrama said:

LOL... I almost unfollow him because of this. But it’s still nice to be able to see his handsome face.  

:lol: not as extreme as thinking of unfollowing him..but I honestly don't really find his insta which is full of the gym pics interesting :pandajustright: so I normally just scroll through~

In less than 2 weeks everyone :Party02:

• Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

2 hours ago, SnowBlob said:

not as extreme as thinking of unfollowing him..but I honestly don't really find his insta which is full of the gym pics interesting so I normally just scroll through~

I don’t mind gym pictures if it’s like from different angle or with different pose, but he is always taking same pose same angle pic, as if those people doing a through-the-days/years picture-taking and will put them altogether one day to see the changes, you know what I mean... And lately, his face is mostly covered with masks too 🤣

All the teasers look great! I feel like this year we’ve been pampered with lots of choices of crime procedural dramas 🤩

• Haha 5

MTDzeiV.gif

Currently watching: Queen of Tears

This drama sounds interesting but heavy so I'm hesitated to start this. I'll try to watch couple of the first episodes to see whether I'll stay or not. But from the highlight, it looks like the first few episodes will be a fast pace and full of action.

Fun fact: Other than the main pairing (Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo), their younger counterparts (Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa) also have played together in a drama (Marriage not Dating) but their loves didn't come true because the woman is the 2nd lead lol

Short summary of the highlight preview (cr soompi)

The highlight reel begins on an idyllic beach, where Han Jung Hyun watches his wife and two children race along the shore with tears in his eyes. His narration begins, “If I had told them everything, would it have turned out differently? I can’t even say I want to go back to the way things were before.” Amidst a montage of more touching moments with his family, he continues, “To Yeon Soo and the kids, I’m Han Jung Hyun. If I’m able to, I want to die as Han Jung Hyun.”

The video then turns back time to 1991, where the the young Lee Seok Gyu (Yeon Woo Jin) takes on a new identity as Han Jung Hyun in order to carry out a top secret assignment. When he visits the site of a protest, he falls in love with the young law student Choi Yeon Soo (Han Sun Hwa) at first sight. After learning about her strong sense of justice, he decides to give up everything for her, saying, “I can no longer do any wrongs toward her.”

Having grown up to become a human rights lawyer, Choi Yeon Soo is then nominated to become the head of the Corruption Investigation Office for High-Ranking Officials (CIO). Im Hyung Rak (Heo Joon Ho), the executive director of the NIS, views Choi Yeon Soo as a thorn in his side that must be removed at all costs, and his appearance in front of Han Jung Hyun brings a sense of foreboding.

Han Jung Hyun’s former colleague Do Young Geol (Jung Man Sik) gives him a sinister greeting to welcome him back to the team when he is tasked with the mission of stopping his own wife from becoming the head of the CIO. Unwavering in his resolve to protect his family, Han Jung Hyun warns Do Young Geol, “If you mess with Choi Yeon Soo, you’re dead.”

However, due to Han Jung Hyun’s secret, the couple’s world collapses after a series of devastating events. Even their children begin to grow suspicious, with their daughter Han Seung Mi (Lee Jae In) asking, “Hasn’t dad been acting a little strange lately?” As Choi Yeon Soo becomes increasingly doubtful about her husband’s identity, the highlight reel comes to a climactic finale as she aims a gun at him, her voice asking tearfully, “Who are you? You’re not Han Jung Hyun.”

source: link

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 3
  • Party! 1

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

On 4/19/2021 at 1:05 AM, LaLa said:

Other than the main pairing (Ji Jin Hee and Kim Hyun Joo), their younger counterparts (Yeon Woo Jin and Han Sun Hwa) also have played together in a drama (Marriage not Dating) but their loves didn't come true because the woman is the 2nd lead lol

Oh yes I forgot HSH was the 2nd FL in Marriage Not Dating. 

BTS ... https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202104140920498010

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2021/04/14/202104140920498010_2.jpg

The younger pair look good together too

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2021/04/14/202104140920498010_3.jpg

Their kids

https://photo.newsen.com/news_photo/2021/04/14/202104140920498010_5.jpg

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Could anyone please tag me somehow I don't appear here by the 25th of April? :laugh: 

I'm afraid I'll forget about this drama first episode that will be aired in 2 days time. For some reasons these days I don't seem to keep up with the dates anymore >.< 

@LaLa I watched Marriage not dating~ but didn't realise about the two who acted there until you mentioned it hahahahahahah

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Characters / relationship Chart released by JTBC. We can see many veterans actors and actress join as the supporting casts O.o

@SnowBlob I have some free time so I'll help you update with this chart with some rough translations from the picture

20210420_112034_2320.jpg

Top row:  People that work with Choi Yeon Soo (left to right)

Choo Dong Woo: NIS Dispatch Investigator

Jeong Cheol Hoon: Detective

Song Mi Seon: Staff at Yeon Soo's office

Bae Gu Taek: Office manager at Yeon Soo's office

Second row: People from National Intelligence Service (NIS) (left to right)

Im Hyung Rak: Assistant Minister for Planning and Coordination

Park Won Jong: Head of Financial Division

Do Young Geol: Team Leader Alpha from Planning and Coordination Division

Oh Pil Jae: Former executive from National Security Agency (NSA). Currently manage a rental car place

Go Yoon Joo: Former staff of NSA. Undercover Agent

Cha Min Ho: Team Leader 7 from Financial Division

Middle Row : The family

Married Couple

Han Jeong Hyeon a.k.a Lee Seok Gyu : Former NSA Agent

Choi Yeon Soo : Head of Civil Servant Corruption Investigation Unit

Children

Han Seung Goo: Son (has an autism spectrum disorder) (first child)

Han Seung Mi: Daughter (3rd Year in Junior High) (second child)

Bottom Row: Other People (Left to Right)

Kim Tae Yeol: Head of National Council of Student Representatives

Kang Chung Mo: Senior Secretary for Civil Affairs (work at the Blue House)

Min Sang Ah: Yeon Soo's friend, a reporter

Yoo Sang Dong: Former Prosecutor, member of national assembly (in his 3rd year)

Hwang Jeong Ho: Victim (note: he has relation with NSA but I don't really know what his role is/was)

Based on the characters/relationship chart, it's going to be a heavy drama... Hmmm will I continue to watch :psweatduck:

• Thanks 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently Watching List:

K-drama: The Real Has Come, See You in My 19th Life 

K-variety: 

Hello chingudeul:love:

WHOA! I've just completed watching Ep 1 and it's off to an awesome start! With KHJ and JJH, plus HSH and YWJ at the helm of this suspenseful drama, it's literally bleeding me dry with tears of utter enjoyment! This cast is perfect, all 4 of them, especially the reunited OTP. Of course, not to disregard the good ensemble of supporting cast, for without them, the drama would not be of as high a caliber as this is. Yup, even from just Ep 1, the thrill is my crack right now lol! Btw, I have not watched the original BBC series this Korean remake is based on. Perhaps I may now that my intrigue is piqued...

:wow:

R5AbR_3f.jpg

:wow:

Bn25l_3f.jpg

I knew I just had to prioritize and watch it. I'm glad I did. After all, having waited for so long... about 6 years... for the reunion of KHJ and JJH since their awesome collaboration in "I Have A Lover" which I'd recommend highly to anyone who likes the genre and has yet to watch it. Me? I've watched it I think 3 times already and have listened to the OST album countless times since then. The drama and its compilation of OST are superb!

:love:

Spoiler

K5bQXf.jpg

I'll be back to do a lil recap after Ep 2, if time permits.

Love this drama! :hearties:

• Heart Eyes 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...