Undercover 언더커버 [2021]

SnowBlob

@abs-oluteM :lol: cloud service! I havent seen any detective slash crime dramas using cloud service at all :laugh: I think if JH were that 'smart' using such service it would kill the suspense hahahahahahhahah. 

What do you think of Kim Tae Yool? I think it will be really interesting if he's also a dodgy character...in that way both young JH and YS were 'serving' dodgy people. 

Will have to wait till next week before the upcoming eps get subbed :brb:

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

This kind of drama is my fave and it's Ji jin Hee. But I'm still on ep 4 and already forget their characters' name for i'm too immersed in other drama. 🤭

Gonna watch these weekends. Wondering how the truth about the case and JinJin her will unfold. It's ironic how hyun joo was nominated as the director yet everyone tried hard to stop her.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Hello @1217akkum4! Glad you come by this thread .. It's a quieter thread but please feel free to say your thoughts on the episodes you have watched (doesnt matter if you're behind :smile:). I also like Ji Jin Hee.. But unfortunately I only like a few of his works such as

Spoiler

I have a lover and Designated Survivor

Glad that he got paired up with beautiful Kim Hyun Joo again this time...

You're not alone on forgetting who is who in this drama...everytime new ep came..i kinda need to take a moment to refigure a few characters:pandascared:

Thoughts on ep 9 and 10 (spoilers ahead)

These 2 eps pretty much dealt with the aftermath of YS finding out who HJH truly is (yes peeps..she finally figured out that he's Lee Suk Gyu). And sadly..until the end of ep 10..YS still hasnt forgiven him yet :cry:. Not sure how long the writer is going to prolong this..but i hope not too long. Coz the fact remains that HJH truly loves his wife and family and that he's one of the good guys (although YS might not see this as he contributed to the capture of KTY whom she adored very much). 

I thought it's also sort of 'amusing' that HJH is so adamant to keep the name HJH... I suppose he hates his true name due to what happened in the past.. But unfortunately I can't seem to quite understand why. Hahahah but I suppose if he uses his true name again then the children become Lee Seung Goo and Lee Seung Mi:laugh: 

Also..these eps..again..as @LaLa mentioned.. It feels the bad guys are still steps ahead our heroes :heiboi: 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

Currently watching: 1night2days s4; Arashi's Diary: Voyage; The Great Escape S4; The Soldiers

1 hour ago, SnowBlob said:

Hello @1217akkum4! Glad you come by this thread .. It's a quieter thread but please feel free to say your thoughts on the episodes you have watched (doesnt matter if you're behind :smile:). I also like Ji Jin Hee.. But unfortunately I only like a few of his works such as

Reveal hidden contents

I have a lover and Designated Survivor

Designated survivor is my fave. Also his role in BLOOD though he becomes a villain, he's really great. I'll try to catch up with Undercover

You're not alone on forgetting who is who in this drama...everytime new ep came..i kinda need to take a moment to refigure a few characters:pandascared:

Haha... Yes, and it's law political action thriller with a bit of romance drama so sometimes the words are a bit complicated to remember. 😁

Thoughts on ep 9 and 10 (spoilers ahead)

These 2 eps pretty much dealt with the aftermath of YS finding out who HJH truly is (yes peeps..she finally figured out that he's Lee Suk Gyu). And sadly..until the end of ep 10..YS still hasnt forgiven him yet :cry:. Not sure how long the writer is going to prolong this..but i hope not too long. Coz the fact remains that HJH truly loves his wife and family and that he's one of the good guys (although YS might not see this as he contributed to the capture of KTY whom she adored very much). 

I thought it's also sort of 'amusing' that HJH is so adamant to keep the name HJH... I suppose he hates his true name due to what happened in the past.. But unfortunately I can't seem to quite understand why. Hahahah but I suppose if he uses his true name again then the children become Lee Seung Goo and Lee Seung Mi:laugh: 

Wow! She already found out? It's understandable if she's mad but all these times he has become a great husband and dad and he truly loves her that's why he decides to support her and cuts ties with his past. Hope she realize it.

I'm anticipating. Thanks for the spoiler @SnowBlob I could at least be prepared. Oh and the case Kim Hyunjoo works on ep 4, I think it's one of the factor that leads her to the truth about her husband. I do like detective drama.

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

:lol: @1217akkum4 I suppose you don't mind reading spoilers ahead? I purposely wrote spoilers so you wouldn't read them (coz you know..some people may not want to find out what happens before they watch that episode :laugh:). 

11 minutes ago, 1217akkum4 said:

the case Kim Hyunjoo works on ep 4, I think it's one of the factor that leads her to the truth about her husband. I do like detective drama.

Hmm now I got to ask... which case happened in ep 4?? 

I also like detective/crime dramas but apart from the story line I actually do look at the actors who are playing the characters. 

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

:lol: @1217akkum4 I suppose you don't mind reading spoilers ahead? I purposely wrote spoilers so you wouldn't read them (coz you know..some people may not want to find out what happens before they watch that episode :laugh:). 

Haha.. I don't mind spoilers.

26 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

Hmm now I got to ask... which case happened in ep 4?? 

It's the murder of one of the finance team member of NIS. One that is covered as suicide by breathing bricket in a car. Or was it ep 6? Haha... How forgetful I'm. Haha.. too focused on Yuri and Jung Ilwoo lately,

30 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

I also like detective/crime dramas but apart from the story line I actually do look at the actors who are playing the characters. 

Yes the actors should be the main factor. Keke... Sometimes even if the story ain't that good we keep watching it for the actors. But, honestly, most crime detective dramas are good esp if it's TVN and OCN

• Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Oh yay @1217akkum4 glad to have your company.  I generally love good melodramas - mixed with crime/ revenge / romance . I love this show so far - the story is interesting and there's sufficient tension and suspense.  But I don't see many people watch comparing to other dramas; maybe this show is rather heavy. I liked JJH in Misty ( in spite of the ending) and DS60 too. And Yeon Woo Jin who plays his younger counterpart is also an actor I crush on from time to time. 

eps 11

Hmm not surprising @SnowBlob, that Im killed Kim Tae Yeol in the cell. This episode I felt very sorry for Go Yoon Joo. As a female undercover agent needing to penetrate into the underworld, she's got to sacrifice a lot. Sleep with the gang boss ( she told him she was sad cause of the abortion she had) , forced to become a junkie etc. And Im  HR was a horrible boss, and the worst part was that she witness him kill Kim Tae Yeol. It is no wonder , she's so trapped and feels lost. Without rehabilitation she could not give up her drug addiction. And I think because she knew a lot of things, she was always on the run. Really so sad.

The moment that Yeon Soo picked up Go Yoon Joo's phone and realise she has seen GYJ hugging Jung Hyun, it was like opening the pandora box. It didn't take long for her to realise that a lot of things Jung Hyun has told her don't match up. She found out GYJ cannot be his friend from the orphanage since her parents are alive. The old man (JH's dad)  from the nursing home died 2 months ago, not recently. The real Jung Hyun from the orphanage is actually dead. But she kept her cool and did not confront him just yet ...but JH can tell she's troubled and her countenance has fallen. Then the final scene of JH fighting the Ghost ( Im's guy) confirmed all her fears. 

Looks like Im doesn't quite trust DYG anymore ...he uses his own agent/ killer to get the job done. But the good thing is that at least YS saw DYG in the theme park, and this will set off alarm bells for her and at least she will be wary of DYG. The latter is still able to track every thing she does.

--------

Happier times ...MV using OST 5

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

8 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Oh yay @1217akkum4 glad to have your company.  I generally love good melodramas - mixed with crime/ revenge / romance . I love this show so far - the story is interesting and there's sufficient tension and suspense.  But I don't see many people watch comparing to other dramas; maybe this show is rather heavy. I liked JJH in Misty ( in spite of the ending) and DS60 too. And Yeon Woo Jin who plays his younger counterpart is also an actor I crush on from time to time. 

Thank you @abs-oluteM for the warm welcome. Misty is good at the beginning but the ending makes me want to throw things at the screen. Haha... DS60 is the best, this drama is what makes me search for his other dramas and just to realize that I've watched his other dramas without knowing it's him, keke

• Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 3
On 6/2/2021 at 9:20 AM, SnowBlob said:

I actually watched eps 12 two nights ago but didn't have time to comment.

He does love her a lot and that was also what lead to this. She'll need time for all this to set in...all the stages of grief probably. I understand her feelings of being betrayed and these doubts about who he really is.   I was so sad when the daughter said that their lives will not be complete without him. HJH was the family's rock. He looked after the kids and made it possible for her to focus on her career and defend her own ideals. The kids are hurting especially the son even though they don't understand what is actually happening. 

Anyway so happy they have more scenes of YWJ...this one actually is @SilverMoonTea's ex oppa..she dumped him and I picked him up :MewWave:

BTS

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

@abs-oluteM :laugh: how many times have you picked up Tea's ex-oppas?? 

14 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

He does love her a lot and that was also what lead to this. She'll need time for all this to set in...all the stages of grief probably. I understand her feelings of being betrayed and these doubts about who he really is.   I was so sad when the daughter said that their lives will not be complete without him. HJH was the family's rock. He looked after the kids and made it possible for her to focus on her career and defend her own ideals. The kids are hurting especially the son even though they don't understand what is actually happening. 

I think coz we're already shown who HJH truly is from the beginning... And knowing that he's indeed a really good guy..it's sort of 'hard' to understand how deep the feeling of betrayel YS must have been feeling atm. So instead of pitying YS... I pity HJH more:idk: 

I reckon Seung Goo will probably even have a harder time when he finds out about his father lies. 

However... I suppose if they really think about it...what's different between HJH and LSG...is just a name (ok plus the background eg his family..his job..)..but in the end there's no lies in terms of his characters and his love for them. Wouldnt it be shocking if you find out the man or father you love is who he said his name, family and job are..but turned out he lies about his characters?? Eg turned out he is a serial killer etc? Ahahhahhahaha

@1217akkum4 have you watched

Spoiler

I have a lover? A 50 ep drama with Ji Jin Hee as well as Kim Hyun Joo as leads. A makjang drama but is still enjoyable :love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

43 minutes ago, SnowBlob said:

@abs-oluteM :laugh: how many times have you picked up Tea's ex-oppas?? 

ahhaha..think this is the only time. We usually have quite different taste in oppas. Think the only oppa we both have in common still is Seo Kang Joon . Think so right @SilverMoonTea?

-----------

New stills

Oh what is with this development?

https://www.wowtv.co.kr/NewsCenter/News/Read?articleId=A202106040053&t=NN

2021060409041202767d3244b4fed18217218612

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

ahhaha..think this is the only time. We usually have quite different taste in oppas. Think the only oppa we both have in common still is Seo Kang Joon . Think so right @SilverMoonTea?

Mmm I think we borrow each other oppa sometimes. I quite like Lee Joon Hyuk too haha... 

But Yeon Woo Jin is the reason I joined the other forum, because of his Divorce Lawyer in Love. So he's kind of special. But recently nothing of his projects make me back crazy to him again haha... So AbsM can borrow him. 

@SnowBlob@1217akkum4I actually plan to watch this Undercover, but the trailer looks lacklustre for me. So I'll pass. Too bad cos I really like JJH x KHJ pairing. 

• Haha 4

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SnowBlob nah, haven't watched it. I tried the first episode but decided to drop it. The episodes are just too long and I find it hard to watch such genre with marriage life, cheating and all. You know too heavy, keke

@SilverMoonTea it's actually appealing. Try to watch it once we can't move on from mildang couple, keke... I'm kinda leveling up, currently on ep 6 of this drama

• Haha 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

I checked the cuts/ preview last night from eps 13 and I believe YS knows now the real murderer of Kim Tae Yol. And I read some spoilers from Naver which I will put here. The last bit was crazy as HJ got caught  by Ghost ( Im's agent) and looks like tonight it will be life and death for him. The preview shows a dead body. Not sure if it is HJ cause YS was super distraught.

Stills eps 14

https://tenasia.hankyung.com/drama/article/2021060575754

BF.26550977.1.jpg

Some spoilers for eps 13 from Naver (auto translated but the jisc is there)

Spoiler

In the last broadcast, Choi Yeon-su (played by Kim Hyeon-joo) and the members of the CIO  started investigating the pollination business. Park Won-jong (Joo Seok-tae), head of the finance division of the National Intelligence Service, who stole a large amount of money, was caught, and he promised to take out a tablet PC, the decisive smoking gun, in order to avoid retaliation from Lim Hyeong-rak. However, after an altercation between Han Jeong-hyeon, Oh Pil-jae (Kwon Hae-hyo), and Park Won-jong's , the tablet PC eventually entered the hands of Lim Hyeong-rak again.

Meanwhile, Han Jeong-hyun faced a crisis. He collapsed in a surprise attack by ghost agent Cheon Woo-jin (Kim Dong-ho), foretelling an unpredictable development. Meanwhile, in the published photo, Han Jeong-hyun's face is distorted in pain. The person who came to his senses and opened his eyes was none other than Im Hyeong-rak.  Unlike the previous meeting at the Kim Tae-yeol (Kim Young-dae) memorial ceremony, he takes off the mask of hypocrisy and threatens the opponent with his bloody eyes, revealing the true nature of a villain. Han Jeong-hyun is the one who exposed Lim Hyeong-rak's pollination business. Im Hyung-rak's anger has reached its peak, so it's impossible to know what he's going to do. The gun in Lim Hyeong-rak's hand, the chains tied to Han Jeong-hyun's ankles, and the black river flowing behind her completely imprisoned allude to Han Jeong-hyun's crisis on the edge of the cliff. Attention is focused on how he will get out of this crisis.

In episode 14, which will be aired on the 5th, Han Jeong-hyeon is threatened by Lim Hyeong-rak, and Choi Yeon-su, stimulated by this, declares war that he will pay the price. Their final round is expected to heat up even more. The production team of 'Undercover' said, "Lim Hyung-rak's ruthless attack for the life of Han Jeong-hyeon unfolds. In addition, Choi Yeon-soo will be added to it, and an exciting development of counterattacks and reversals will unfold."

Preview ep 14

• Shocked 2

19 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Haha I think I will never moving on from Mildang Couple 😆 

Spoiler

Hahaha... That's why. Maybe they'll air special episode. Can be commentary, untold story or anything special. Oops!I think I'm going to spam this discussion with mildang couple if I continue this.

Thought of Ep. 5

I am worried since hyunjung keeps hiding things from his wife. He doesn't want to ruin his family so it's understandable. Though that decision makes it hard for yeonsoo to become the director knowing the ones who oppose her are those behind the murder of Minho. It's getting exciting. It's like those evils always have yeonsoo's cards that appear one after another. Now it's her case where she defends a north spy. Wonder what's the story behind

• Haha 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Party! 1

@abs-oluteM eeekk... I def dont think HJH will die (and no i havent read the spoiler yet) ... But his brush with death might actually help YS forgive him? :pandascared: 

@1217akkum4 yayy... You are half way to the latest ep :hearties:

Spoiler

I have a lover... I must confess i skipped the first 10 eps and just read recaps for those. Things are starting to get much better afterward. But i do agree it's on the heavy side since it's a makjang drama hahahahah

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I checked the cuts/ preview last night from eps 13 and I believe YS knows now the real murderer of Kim Tae Yol. And I read some spoilers from Naver which I will put here. The last bit was crazy as HJ got caught  by Ghost ( Im's agent) and looks like tonight it will be life and death for him. The preview shows a dead body. Not sure if it is HJ cause YS was super distraught.

Wow almost the climax yet I'm so left behind. Can't wait to watch the details. I always read the spoiler here so it's like I'm already on ep 13. Haha..

@SnowBlob I still have a long way to go. Maybe I'll just watch it after the drama ends. Currently reading the spoilers, Keke

• Haha 3
On 5/29/2021 at 4:20 AM, SnowBlob said:

What do you think of Kim Tae Yool? I think it will be really interesting if he's also a dodgy character...in that way both young JH and YS were 'serving' dodgy people. 

Where did you get your crystal ball? I want to buy it, too. Haha. I had my suspicion about KTY but it wasn't deep. Then ep 14 woke me up! Yup. What a twist at the end of ep 14. You'll love it!

21 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

I believe YS knows now the real murderer of Kim Tae Yol.

Yup. YS knows for sure by ep 14. YS met up with GYJ who confirmed the photos she emailed to her were taken off the screen, but the video she intended to pass on to YS is no longer in her possession, and that she has no concrete evidence on IHR now, though she'd be YS' witness at trial. YS told YJ that would still not be enough to nail IHR. They need more.

Anyway, with time on my hand (not the kind that I would have hoped for but am still thankful for), I finally binged through it all, up until the current aired episode 14. I will just jump to the ending of ep 14 which stood out to me the most. Yup. I was shocked and dumbfounded. I felt as if I was "betrayed" by KTY. I felt sad for the students who had sacrificed their lives and livelihood for a real cause, yet none was even aware that they were taken for a ride. I felt like I was CYS' heart and it was ripped out of her! OMG! Well, that's how good this drama is! I LOVE IT!:heart:

SPOILERS:

Ep 14's prologue started with the meeting between KTY and IHR back in 1991. And it showed how sly IHR was to have hidden a voice recording device in his cigarette box, and which he used to record their convo.

IHR-and-KTY-convo1.png

Ep 14 also ended with this same meeting. And what a twist! IHR sent YS that voice recording he made of the convo with KTY. While I absolutely love it, I feel bad for all the students, including YS, who believed (and many had died) in KTY and his advocacy. 

SPOILERS Here's the very interesting convo that YS received from IHR, and which she was listening to with JH:

IHR-and-KTY-convo.png

Spoiler

(Sneaky IHR had hidden a recording device inside his cigarette box. And of course, he’d deleted the beginning of the recording where KTY talked about Hwang Jung-ho being setup for murder by IHR, the prosecution office and the police. But who'd have known that KTY was just as sneaky and two-faced? In front of his minions, he appeared to be trying to regain Hwang Jung-ho's innocence, to get him out of jail, but...  He had signaled his minions to leave the room, and then he pushed an envelope to IHR, and started the convo...)

KTY: Isn’t the trial still ongoing?

IHR: May I have a cigarette first?

(IHR offers KTY a cig)

KTY: No thanks. I’m fine.

KTY: The genuine suicide note left behind by Young is sufficient evidence to overturn Hwang Jung-ho’s case. 

IHR: Why do you, KTY, want to let me see it?

CYS: Brother TY? 

KTY: Does NIS want it? I’d like to have some advice from you, IHR.

IHR: If you give it to us, Hwang Jung-ho will be sentenced to death.

KTY: There’s no other way. The country is the priority.

CYS: There’s no other way? Is that really KTY? 

IHR: What do you want?

KTY: I want to meet someone.

IHR: Who?

KTY: The president of SK.

IHR: You want to see His Excellency?

KTY: Isn’t that interesting? But what’s more interesting is that the suicide note would set Hwang Jung-ho free. When that happens, more heated and bloody protests would be started by the university students.

CYS: What exactly is…

KTY: At that time, I wouldn’t know what would happen, either. Using the current condition, I would have a live televised discussion with the president.

HJH: YS…

CYS: I’m fine.

IHR: In that case, it means you are using the evidence that could set Hwang Jung-ho free as a bargaining chip for your live televised discussion with the president, so that the entire country can watch it?

KTY: That’s right.

IHR: Do you think that’s possible?

KTY: Why not? The president also feels burdened by the current chaotic situation.

IHR: What do you want to say?

KTY: I want to tell him what the people want and what the people are unsatisfied with. If he would say, “Yes, I understand it. I will accept your suggestions and do better.” Wouldn’t he then become a great and magnanimous leader? A president who is willing to discuss and listen to a university student, and willing to accept his suggestions to do better.

IHR: You are using this discussion with the president to show the people that you are their leader, their hero who advocates living together in harmony. Aren’t you?

KTY: This is what I call a “Win-Win” deal.

It goes to show how everyone is a flawed human. Every human is greedy in some way. Every "politician/advocate" has their own hidden and dark agenda, and not least of all, how conceited and deceitful one can be.

PS:

Spoiler

REMEMBER ALL OF THAT. DRAMAS DO TEACH US GOOD STUFF.

I am so in love with this Korean version, so in love with the main 4 leads (the young and current OTPs) that were chosen to star in it, and of course, including IHR and DYG, too. It shows how skillful and creative the crew/cast can be, and how a similar plotline can be presented in extremely different and interesting way, yet not veering off the main theme. Kudos to all involved!

Based on Undercover
by Peter Moffat and James Hawes
Written by
  • Baek Cheol-hyeon
  • Jung Hye-eun
  • Song Ja-hoon
Directed by Song Hyeon-wook
Starring
Composer Eom Ki-yeop
Country of origin South Korea

CR: Wikipedia

:popcorn:I can't wait to watch the final two episodes in the upcoming finale week.

CYS, please go kick some a** and put their behinds in jail! I hope the Han family will stay good and intact.

Dare I/we wish for more? I wonder if there will be a season 2, Korean version. It is just too good to end.

Spoiler

PS: I read that the BBC version originally was going for a few more seasons, but I don't know if those will materialize. Fingers crossed!

Edited by oppasaranghaeyo
  • Shocked 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

Current Faves: Undercover & Mine & Bossam (Kdramas); The Handmaid's Tale (US Drama)l  

Watching: A Good Supper, Court Lady...  Waiting: Red Sky, Love (Season 2), Penthouse (Season 3)...  

@oppasaranghaeyo okkkk...i read up to KTY is possibly bad until you said end of ep 14 and i immediately stopped reading :laugh:i'm def gonna read the rest of the comments after i watch ep 13 and 14... Can't wait to see both eps. They both are unsubbed at the site i normally watch them. I'm guessing you either understand Korean or you watch in different language other than English :cool: Anyhow... I'll respond to ur comment after a few days (yupp..unfortunately undercover is subbed early to middle of this week :cry: so my comment will have to wait till then)

• Like 2

Ok I finished ep 13 and 14. SPOILERS AHEAD

@oppasaranghaeyo so does this mean that Kim Tae Yoo is just looking to be adored as a 'hero'???? So all these student protests were only to inflate his ego or something?? I don't quite get it. Why the need to become a 'hero' anyway? Unless, for example: he wanted to occupy a prominent position or get more money etc?? I hope they'll explain this revelation further in the next 2 eps. 

I'm glad that we can safely say that YS has now forgiven JH for his lies and started to see of what he's done for the family and for her instead. Poor guy that this had to be done through him being almost dead :PsyWhat: 

Even until the end of ep 14, it seems the bad guys are still ahead of the good guys. Now the only evidence that can implicate Im Hyung Rak is the tablet PC, is that right? I mean the ex-NIS agent lady and HJH could always testify but the testimonies alone wouldn't be able to serve his due punishment. LOL..honestly I dislike it when a drama serves us only one thing that can implicate a person... 

2 more episodes left ~~ 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 1

@SnowBlob I just got off eps 13 ...and though I am aware of all the spoilers, it was still quite sad to see how JH prepared for his real identity to be exposed. I definitely felt a lump in my throat when he asked YS to let him tell the kids himself should things go south. And I was so sad when he was writing the recipes down. In my shallow mind I was thinking that if this was my husband , I will forgive him quickly . How rare to find a man who cooks, does all the house chores , raise the kids and support you in every way. :idk: 

The other thing that was quite sad was seeing his boss sell his soul only to receive chump change for the tablet. This was such a betrayal of trust. But JH decided not to reveal that to YS; maybe he knows his ex boss must have done it out of desperation. The man seems to be have some financial problems.  Many of these former NIS agents  end up with such pitiful lives after they leave the service - somewhat unfair given how they  risk their lives while being an agent.

• Like 1
  • Star Struck 1

Eps 14 was an eye-opener. At the end of the day, looks like ImHR wants to be the kingmaker. The money that he has been accumulating has been a long term plan for him to rig the upcoming elections. The VIP or President is the most coveted and powerful political seat in the nation, and if you control the King , you control the Kingdom! ImHR is a lot more ambitious than I give him credit for. It is interesting and ironic that  Im, in his own twisted logic, sees this as part of building a better or greater nation. 

YS would definitely be in shock with the gift that Im gave her since she had always held Kim Tae Yeol on a pedestal. Kang Choong Moo and even Kim Tae Yeol are no better than Im. Kang joined hands with the devil and betrayed YS so that his plans ( fueled by his own ideals) will not go to waste. Kim Tae Yeol wanted recognition , and I believe had wanted to pave a way for a political career. And he was willing to do this at the expense of sacrificing his innocent "comrade".

Yes, it does look like YS has forgiven Jung Hyun - JH has 9 lives doesn't he?  I know he was a trained agent and was very skilled  but given his age and the lack of intense training, I always marvel at how he is able survive all these near death situations. :psweatduck:. Anyway , it was a good thing that he had gone to his ex boss for help after the river shooting incident. It gave the ex boss a chance to redeem himself. 

I was about to say that YS has a really good team but now I wonder if Chu Dong Woo betrayed her - was he the one who warned  Im in advance about the raid on his house. These stills for the upcoming episode look rather tense

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20210610/107361768/1

107361753.1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

10 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

@SnowBlob I just got off eps 13 ...and though I am aware of all the spoilers, it was still quite sad to see how JH prepared for his real identity to be exposed. I definitely felt a lump in my throat when he asked YS to let him tell the kids himself should things go south. And I was so sad when he was writing the recipes down. In my shallow mind I was thinking that if this was my husband , I will forgive him quickly . How rare to find a man who cooks, does all the house chores , raise the kids and support you in every way. 

This...couldnt agree more! And I think I like how I got sad and teary over such simple actions..nothing too grand. I exactly teared up on those scenes you mentioned. 

So in the end truly our two leads served 'bad' people thinking they both did the right thing. As @oppasaranghaeyo in politics.. There's hardly anyone who is straight as an arrow. 

@abs-oluteM noooooooooooo.... I like prosecutor Choo..... I wont like it if they turn him to be a traitorrrrr andwaeeeee

• Like 3