Skincare Lounge: Routines, Recs and Reviews

Jane

Mud masking tonight! I recently switched to Isntree's Real Mugwort Clay Mask. I really like its texture, it's very smooth, making it easy to apply and wash off. It also doesn't feel as tight on the skin as other harder clay masks. There are also some bits that gives your skin a gentle exfoliation as you wash off. It has a scent, I suppose of mugwort. It takes a while to get used to it but I quite enjoy it now.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I did a mud mask too but I cannot describe like Jane...coz I was busy on Jang Haven to notice. Plus it isn't a new product for me. I usually dap it on my once a while outbreak big pimple and sometimes this help, sometimes not.

I'm chucking out my expired sheet mask and will soon need to buy new ones. Anyone use Innisfree? Any recommendations? I am only looking for hydrating mask.

I like My Dear Diary (Taiwan) - aloe Vera the best but I cannot find stock here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I'm chucking out my expired sheet mask and will soon need to buy new ones. Anyone use Innisfree? Any recommendations? I am only looking for hydrating mask.

If you got a lot money to burn, the best out there is SKII. @OsmanthusTeaalso approved. 

258669-819c96ec44fbc6caa1eef0692029765b.

As my real life money not free flow like haven points :laugh:, this pretty good too

Keana Nadeshiko Rice Mask

best-japanese-mask-Keana-Nadeshiko-Rice-

Japan Gal Mask

best-japanese-face-masks-japan-gals-pure

My Beauty Diary - I like black pearl the most. 

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

This one best for hydrating/moisturing for me. Everytime I overdo the acids / sunburn / face feels dry, this one works wonders. Not sure why. Cheap and good.

0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

@SilverMoonTea How much is that SK-II?! :poliWeird:

I bought the snail sheet masks in Seoul and now I've to chuck it all out :PikachuFacePalm:

Thanks @Chocolate and @SilverMoonTea I'll look out for it and try one. My dear @Chocolate, because you mentioned sunburn... please don't ever EVER go under the sun and deliberately expose yourself and don't let it get to tan/sunburn stage. Sun ages the skin. I swearrrr~ the westerners aged so much/quickly here because they keep going under the sun. Sunscreen doesn't protect us from ageing. Trust me on this. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
36 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

My dear @Chocolate, because you mentioned sunburn... please don't ever EVER go under the sun and deliberately expose yourself and don't let it get to tan/sunburn stage. Sun ages the skin. I swearrrr~ the westerners aged so much/quickly here because they keep going under the sun. Sunscreen doesn't protect us from ageing. Trust me on this. 

I love to suntan, so that's impossible lol.

Anyway, too late. I fell asleep under the hot sun for 3 hours in Phuket a few years ago and burnt like mad. The face was ok, but the chest - I now have age spots 😭 Will need to laser if I want to get rid of it.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1
10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah we will be looking pale, pretty but moneyless :zzzz:

From hunger......:PsyWhat:

@Chocolate

I avoid hot sunshine like crazy not because I scare of getting tan but I have a photo sensitivity. I will get hives from hot sun. The same reason I hate beaches too, my feet crack and bleed if I walk on the sands.

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I avoid hot sunshine like crazy not because I scare of getting tan but I have a photo sensitivity. I will get hives from hot sun. The same reason I hate beaches too, my feet crack and bleed if I walk on the sun.

Oh no! So you don't go on beach holidays? How about walking from building to building in the sun?

• Like 2
Just now, Chocolate said:

Oh no! So you don't go on beach holidays? How about walking from building to building in the sun?

The moment I am out from the car, big family size anti UV umbrella is ready on hand.....I go for mountain holiday....

Just now, mademoiselle said:

Oooh @OsmanthusTea do you perhaps have Polymorphic Light Eruption?

I googled it and it does sounds like what I have but my Dermatologist only told me that I have photo sensitivity. Sun is my enemy, I also develop photo phobia.....:shocked: The worst part is I live in the coastline....:GrimChamp:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
4 minutes ago, OsmanthusTea said:

I googled it and it does sounds like what I have but my Dermatologist only told me that I have photo sensitivity. Sun is my enemy, I also develop photo phobia

Have your dermatologist taken a sample for biopsy? If not, let the hives developed from sun exposure and do one to confirm. How long has it been like this? Will sunscreens help?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Have your dermatologist taken a sample for biopsy? If not, let the hives developed from sun exposure and do one to confirm. How long has it been like this? Will sunscreens help?

It have been years but as long as I avoid direct summer sunshine, I am good to go. I didn't do biopsy but I did blood test to detected any inflammation but it came out negative. So my Dermatologist said it's pure photo sensitivity and told me to avoid direct sunlight. I went to Ophthalmologist for my photo phobia too and one more time avoid direct overly bright sun and light....I feel like a nocturnal creature....:smug:

Edited by OsmanthusTea
  • Like 2
9 hours ago, OsmanthusTea said:

It have been years but as long as I avoid direct summer sunshine, I am good to go. I didn't do biopsy but I did blood test to detected any inflammation but it came out negative. So my Dermatologist said it's pure photo sensitivity and told me to avoid direct sunlight. I went to Ophthalmologist for my photo phobia too and one more time avoid direct overly bright sun and light....I feel like a nocturnal creature....

You're turning into a vampire! Hahaha. I recommend a biopsy to rule out the autoimmune disease Lupus and diagnose the actual condition. I did the same and gave me a peace of mind.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...