Skincare Lounge: Routines, Recs and Reviews

Jane

@Chocolate I still haven't tried the P50 because it's not as easy to find here in Canada where I am. But I did end up trying the SKII toner and pitera facial serum. I liked them both but I recently ran out of the SKII Toner and decided to try the Caudalie Vinopure line per a friend's recommendation and I like it so far. 

I am going to look for that cream from Biologique Recherche! I am intrigued! I have been using the Tatcha Water Cream as my daily moisturizer for more than a year now and still like it. What else are you using? I have combination skin on my face but the oily parts get really oily especially in the summer!

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

spacer.pngCurrently watching: Law Cafe, Love in Contract, Mr. Bad, Cheer Up!

@Mouse Oooh I like Caudalie too. The Tatcha Water Cream sounds lovely - will try it one day, although I tend to be stingy on moisturisers.

I am using the Shani Darden Retinol. It's not bad but pricey. Just found a clinic in Singapore that sells Skinceuticals Retinol 1.0 so I think I will go back to that next - it worked and I thought my cheeks felt firmer 😂

shasha005_shanidarden_retinolreform_1_1560x1960-ab2eojpg

skinceuticals-retinol-1.0.jpg

I also really like Sunday Riley. This A+ is not so drying for a retinol but as a result, I think it's more suitable for beginners - it seems milder. The Luna Oil is even milder but the blue tansy seems to help with redness in the morning.

closeup_1_Product_817494013337-Sunday-Riley-A-High-Dose-Retinoid-Serum-50ml_47ffb6eb1e48c66ce1e5e4971ff342c87e2d4e47_1583828866.png

closeup_1_Product_817494011548-Sunday-Riley-Luna-Sleeping-Night-Oil-15ml_eb71a4a2301424917654db8613af6153ffeba787_1595409737.png

Edited by Chocolate
  • Insightful 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@Chocolate we have Skinceuticals here and I actually use their Age and Blemish Defense Serum at night. I might check out the Retinol you mentioned. I personally like Tatcha Water cream because I'm oily and I find it doesn't feel heavy on my skin and I only need very little of it. It's expensive though so I use it sparingly. LOL

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

@mademoiselleI was surprised someone summoned me to skincare lounge and not oppa tracker :lmao2: So the quest for fountain of youth bring you here? Lols 

I have not tried yet, never heard the product too. 

I just recently ordered UV stick Atomy brand from Korea. If it's good will share. I HATE using UV sunblock cos they always sticky ! But I'm getting older and have dark spot now :pandascared:

I also ordered I Lash (eyelash serum) cos mine so short. I hope they can grow :wow2:

My bank account will not be happy this month 😅

• Haha 3

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@SilverMoonTea It popped up on my SNS timeline. And because my colleague has been telling me how applying products with retinol will get rid of dark spot but the down side is it will peel the skin and make the skin sensitive to sunlight so have to wear sunscreens. I don't want a product so mafan. LOL! So if you guys have tried this product and works, then I'll try it out too.

None of the brands you just mentioned up there I know of. There are just way too many out there. I'm also looking for a backup good shampoo and conditioner from Korea or Japan. I don't trust brands or products made from where I'm from. Ahem.

Spoiler

My bank account is hurt a little too because I bought myself a desk mat (which can be use as mouse pad) that cost me just slightly over $100. Was eyeing a cheaper one but didn't work out.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I just recently ordered UV stick Atomy brand from Korea. If it's good will share. I HATE using UV sunblock cos they always sticky ! But I'm getting older and have dark spot now

Yeah the dark spots (+ freckles etc) appear after you got old and this is all from the past exposure you expose yourself to the damaging sun's UV rays.

What is the UV filters (active ingredient) in this UV stick? Most people want to go for "natural" "mineral" UV filters like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide but I hate them.

1 hour ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I also ordered I Lash (eyelash serum) cos mine so short. I hope they can grow

I kind of don't think they work. Mum was using something similar, I didn't think I see much effect. xD But if it works, let me know... I'll apply on my brows and lashes :lmao2:

Aigoo, if no one heard of Medi-Peel brand, maybe not good enough ho~?

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Haha 2
24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Aigoo, if no one heard of Medi-Peel brand, maybe not good enough ho~?

Be the pioneer and share with us :lol: 

24 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:None of the brands you just mentioned up there I know of. There are just way too many out there. I'm also looking for a backup good shampoo and conditioner from Korea or Japan. I don't trust brands or products made from where I'm from. Ahem.

What is the UV filters (active ingredient) in this UV stick? Most people want to go for "natural" UV filters like zinc oxide or titanium dioxide but I hate them.

1c4cb23257cc660e56e894756250334e.jpg

I didn't really read the ingredients haha... just put in cart and straight order lols..m 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Be the pioneer and share with us :lol: 

Errrr... don't dare to take the risk for my beautiful face xDDD

10 minutes ago, SilverMoonTea said:

I didn't really read the ingredients haha... just put in cart and straight order lols

You picked a mineral UV filter - active ingredient is Titanium Dioxide.

I should clarify from above post. I don't know much about Titanium Dioxide based sunscreen. It's Zinc Oxide that I dislike. The texture is a no for me.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle I've heard of Medi-Peel, but I haven't tried any of their products. You should try and let me know! I'm in the market for a nice cream to help with dark spots too! 

Share with me what everyone use as a sunscreen too! I've tried a few different ones but I don't like the way it leaves my skin a bit oily. :cry:

• Like 3

@mademoiselle I’ve never used that brand so I’m not sure if it’s good or effective.

on the topic of lash serums, they work. At least the one last I’ve tried do. I apply my Lash serum once a day before bed and I’ve seen a difference. Other people have even commented on it saying that my lashes are looking long. I use a brand called UK Lash. I am considering trying the brow serum as well 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

14 hours ago, Tofu said:

Share with me what everyone use as a sunscreen too! I've tried a few different ones but I don't like the way it leaves my skin a bit oily.

Yeah hence why I dislike sunscreen because they are mostly oily. I use this one:

kao-biore-uv-aqua-rich-watery-gel-spf50-pa-2019-edition-90ml-514.jpg

or this one

Spoiler

buy-kao-biore-uv-aqua-rich-watery-essence-micro-defense-50g-new-2019-at-lila-beauty-korean-and-japanese-beauty-skin-care-427405_1200x1200.jpg?v=1636558632

I don't think they are water resistant though. These ones I like because they don't feel as oily (probably because there's alcohol in them).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Insightful 1
  • 7 months later...

Did u guys end up buying tons of skincare to test and in the end didn't use them regularly? 😅 Cos thats me 

@mademoiselle@Tofu@Chocolate@abs-oluteM

My stash now :

SPF - The Skinfood, Beauty of Joseon/BOJ, AHC -> not good, Skin Aqua spray -> for body (I started wear them everyday after you guys convo) 

Moisturizer/Serum/Oil : Vichy 89 (friend said good, so I had to have it), BOJ, Churacos Warabihada, Glow Recipe, Mettaglow, Pyunkang Yul

Toner : BOJ, IPSA, Pyunkang Yul

Facial Cleanser : Blanc Nature, Babor, Glow Recipe

Eye Cream : Pyunkang Yul

Body Lotion : J&J, Dove, TBS mandarin orange -> this is smell so good, Aesop 

Shampoo/hair masks : tons of it -> I told tofu I had frizzy hair and hard to tame it

Okay I have big problem how to finish using them... After I listed it out, its apparent how much of a hoarder I am... And I should look glowing by that amount of products, but I always look dead everyday.  Because I'm too lazy too apply it regularly :lmao2:

• Haha 4

@SilverMoonTea I've been using Pyunkang Yul for a long time and I really like it. My skincare routine has decreased over the years. I haven't been trying out new products like I used to. 

Right now, my skincare products are: 

Cleanser: Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser (morning) and Innisfree Green Tea Foam Cleanser (evening)

Serum: Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid and Pyunkang Yul Moisture Serum

Moisturizer: Pyunkang Yul Moisture Cream (morning) and Tatcha Indigo Overnight Repair Serum Cream (evening)

Sunscreen: This changes a lot because I'm always trying a new sunscreen. I am using Kose Tone Up UV Essence right now, and after that's done, I have a tube of Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense Protection to use. Once that's done, I will purchase the sunscreen recommended by everyone! I just feel bad if I don't use the current ones I have. 

My body lotion is from CeraVe and I don't remember what my shampoo is. It's nothing fancy. Haha! 

• Like 2
  • Clapping Hands 2

I barely know those brands you guys mentioned! I have only recently learnt of CeraVe because my friend is suffering from dry skin. I know Skin Food (only because LJS once endorsed it). Aesop is an Australian brand. Dove is a Unilever brand that are sold worldwide.

@SilverMoonTea I wasted Aesop's shampoo & conditioner - the whole bottle x 2. I did not like them and they made my hair tangled. There are gift I got from my friend when she was working for them, some hair scalp treatment and I haven't used and it's over 5 years old by now still sitting on my shelf. LOL

Spoiler

Cleanser: Nu Skin Pure Cleansing Gel or Lumispa

Toner: Nu Skin's Nutricentials In Balace pH balance toner (don't like - prefer the obsolete version)

Moisturiser: Nu Skin Enhancer Conditioning Gel (Main & fave), Nu Skin NaPCA Moisturiser, Curél Moisture Facial Cream, Innisfree Aloe Revital Soothing Gel (trial). The 2nd and 3rd I use it when my cheek gets too dry.

Hand Cream: Innisfree (small: Coral is fave; large: trying out all 3 - so far love Dawn Hoji Tea over Peach).

Sunscreen: Barely use it but I have: Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Gel SPF50+ (stupid name, it's not a gel!) and once finish (if I ever) will go back to using Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF50+. Also trial Nu Skin Nutricentials Moisture Restore Day Protective Mattefying Lotion with Sunscreen, but dislike it.

Body Lotion: None.

Shampoo & Conditioner: Epoch Light Shampoo & Conditioner, Epoch Conditioner, Innisfree Camellia Essential Shampoo & Hair Treatment. I'm going to phase out EPOCH because they changed packaging to tubes (hate!) and the formulations have changed too (another hate - I end up using more shampoo because it wouldn't foam up).

When I was in Tokyo, I had to buy a travel pack and found this to make my hair super smooth!

https://dokodemo.world/en/item/1927105/

https://dokodemo.world/en/item/1909279/

The problem I have with the Kao's is that I cannot find information on what type of hair/scalp they are supposedly suitable for. I can't read Japanese and the English version doesn't quite make sense.

Don't use serum or eye cream though I was given eye cream.

I have a holiday gift pack from Innisfree, so I'm also trialing those.

On hind sight, I'm trying to phase out Nu Skin as much as I can except the Enhancer Conditioning Gel.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 2
  • Insightful 2

@SilverMoonTea Hahaha! Nu Skin, right? It's not readily found in the market or shelves. It's one of those pyramid scheme kind and is sold online or through a distributor. I use it since pretty young because family member(s) became distributor so naturally we became their "sales target". I think the products were much better; I don't like all the changes they have made to it anymore. Through my past work experience, I can tell they have gone through various formulation changes. The trend these days is all about cutting cost and going environmental friendly resulting in design/packaging change (using more recycled plastics) that make the product packaging user-unfriendly or look like they are made of cheap materials. 😠 Companies are cutting down on costs in raw materials, but consumers still get slap with more expensive products (due to inflation).

This c'est la vie is seriously not great.

I do like Aesop's hand wash. I remember it smells good. But like you said it is $$ and I'm not sure it is truly worth the money. Those botanical extracts usually are less than 1% in the formula. 80% or more is actually water. If anyone adds more water to your hand washes to save money like my dad do, please don't. It already contains a lot of water (that's why water is the first in the ingredient list), and adding tap water introduce microbial contamination and break the shelf-life of the product.

===

Guys, I have some dark spots on my cheek. It's annoying because I don't even go under the sun so why am I getting them? Does Retinol really works? I'm trying out Innisfree's retinol because I was told it wouldn't dry the skin like others do. But I just hate the idea that after using retinol based cream/lotion, I have to wear sunscreens.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
35 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

Guys, I have some dark spots on my cheek. It's annoying because I don't even go under the sun so why am I getting them? Does Retinol really works? I'm trying out Innisfree's retinol because I was told it wouldn't dry the skin like others do. But I just hate the idea that after using retinol based cream/lotion, I have to wear sunscreens.

I have freckles all my life on my cheeks  . I don’t find much hope in removing them . The key is just prevention through sunblock . But heck , it’s still there. 

@SilverMoonTea my god ! How much skincare do you have ? Anyway skincare cannot last too long once you open. So try to use up the older ones .

I’m a lazy person. So I don’t go through the steps …I just wash my face ( using a cleanser from Face Shop) . Then apply moisturiser. Day time I use that Shiseido one with the SPF . Then I put my powder / bb cushion ( using one from Laniege ) & some make up for eyebrow , blusher . Night time - after I wash my face I use the Laniege Radian C moisturiser. I was using a Shiseido moisturiser before this . I do change brands from time to time depending on what attracts me . 

For body lotion , I love slathering myself with the lotions from Body , Bath & Works. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

41 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

I have freckles all my life on my cheeks  . I don’t find much hope in removing them . The key is just prevention through sunblock . But heck , it’s still there. 

@SilverMoonTea my god ! How much skincare do you have ? Anyway skincare cannot last too long once you open. So try to use up the older ones .

Yeah let me work on that and stop buying :pandasadspoon:

• Haha 4