[K-Artist] Song Joong Ki 송중기

Happy birthday to SJK :wow:. I am looking forward to his new movie . Hope they’ll release it in our cinemas 

A nice article from the SCMP in conjunction with his birthday 

https://amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/celebrity/article/3101936/k-drama-star-song-joong-ki-5-cool-things-about-koreas

K-drama star Song Joong-ki – 5 cool things about ‘Korea’s Leonardo DiCaprio’, from his Descendants of the Sun and Sungkyunkwan Scandal success to wild hallyu fame in China

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

I didn't realize that SJK was Korea's Leonardo DiCaprio. I guess it kind of makes sense because they both retained their boyish looks for so long while also being respected as versatile actors who take their craft seriously and are considered to be in the A-list within their entertainment spheres. Still, it make me laugh a bit to see this.

Happy Birthday, SJK! I finally saw the teasers for Space Sweepers, and I'm actually looking forward to it. Though, it seems that it might be better on a big screen whereas I doubt it'll actually make it to any big screens in the US.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Some Arthdal Chronicles staffs visited SJK at Vincenzo filming location a few days ago.

15776d950e6f571f9a8144605943034fc78a0955.jpg

Annual event

Mr. Vincenzo~ I congratulate on your birthday most in the world. We wore masks successfully and completed mission. Three of us have been waiting for Mr. Song for 10 minutes, hiding behind his car. No matter what, SJK is the best for us. More new photos will be piled on the old ones I have to sort and arrange. We should admit we are Arthdal family.

# What kind of event we will try next year

91bcd90d6df7a2e413941c01204a9c9602a04014.jpg

Eng trans by ace_chingu

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Space Sweepers - Tae Ho

f4557857297977c8bd9496792537448a85e05759.jpg

“Space Sweepers” will tell the story of a crew of The Victory in the year 2092. When they discover a humanoid robot named Dorothy that’s known to be a weapon of mass destruction, they get involved in a risky business deal. 

This is set to be Song Joong Ki’s first film in three years and he will be playing the role of Tae Ho. He used to be a former members of the UTS squad but during a mission, he endures a mission that gets everything taken away from him and he ends up as the pilot of The Victory.

After hitting rock bottom, Tae Ho is willing to do anything if it gets him money. He pilots the ship with no shoes and holes in his socks, and even after discovering Dorothy, all that is on his mind is using his wit to score more money for himself.

45d416bc2fd4f5a55da11174c586022422b5e578.jpg

Song Joong Ki explained, “[When I first saw the script], I wanted to play this character who isn’t flashy and doesn’t hide anything. I wanted to take on the character of Tae Ho because he has a bright personality.” He explained that although Tae Ho appears cold on the outside, he is a warm person and though he might appear to be lacking, he is a genius who uses his intelligence to get the most out of any situation.

Director Jo Sung Hee expressed deep satisfaction in working with Song Joong Ki as he said, “Song Joong Ki is an actor who fills in any empty spaces in his characters with creativity and details. He is perfectly portraying who Tae Ho is.” The two had worked together on “A Werewolf Boy,” and the director added, “He is hardworking, bright, and fun like he was in ‘A Werewolf Boy,’ and he is an actor who gives strength to those around him and makes everyone laugh. Being able to work with him is a great joy.”

Cr : Soompi

b3fd391fb9f49dee67ad34c3f7b78107a645fd99

• Like 1
  • Party! 1

Song Joong Ki & books 📚

It seems Song Joong Ki likes to read books. In his interviews he talked about books he read. There is an article in 2016 mentioned him read 300 books during his two years in the army.

7ed3ba8897690c3f6c94bcfa67bda9d321f7d68b.jpg

Pic cr : Hyundai Livart CF

Harper Bazaar magazine May 2016 (Eng trans by sjkiel)

Q : …… I heard that you read a lot of books when you were in army.

SJK : Although I am unable to mention the title, but I read 2 or 3 Korean novels. The stories are about shinpa (literally means ‘new school’, melodramatic/tragic genre). I like shinpa, that’s why I decided to act in movie A Werewolf Boy………

•••

SJK during his 2 years in the army, he has read a total of over 300 books and he gave away more than 300 books which he had read to his dongsaengs in the army. (Eng trans by SongJoongKi_SG)

In 2016, SJK donated book Be Happy Like a Child at a bazaar. On the first page he wrote ‘this is one of my favorite books. It helped me through the tough times while I was serving in military. Hope people find happiness through this book. ‘ (cr : sjkinnocentgirl)

3037827ea57e7fd2765e27636ea5c7245c4baf19.jpg

아이처럼 행복하라/Be Happy Like a Child by Alex Kim. It shows photos of Tibet, Nepal, Pakistan children 10 years dreams and journey.

4c14110ae07e6186cdd0a2db5555ed05c3c55c51.jpg

•••

Hi_High #1 송중기의 지금 / Song Joong Ki's Nowadays (2020) (Eng trans by ace_chingu)

Q7 : …. What do you do, for example, when you stay at home?

SJK : I mostly watch movies, I read a lot and wash the dishes that pile up…….

Q9 : Among the books you are currently reading, which one would you say is most impressive to you?

SJK : It may sound boring, but I read a book called Intermittent Fasting. The more you eat, the older you get. The book says it has only been 100 years since humans started eating three times of meals a day. It came to my mind that I didn’t want to get old, and I started to carry it out for a month – eating only one meal per day. And I gave up practicing it in less than a month. I was so hungry!

(Reposted from my blog)

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

f30d70a216e1fee0651c6425484560bb76c04654

'Space Sweepers' is under discussion to be released directly through Netflix

According to the film industry on October 16th, Merry Christmas, 'Space Sweepers's investment distributor is in final discussion with Netflix over the release of'Space Sweepers' as an original Netflix movie.

When 'Space Sweepers' chooses to go through Netflix after 'Call' and 'Paradise Night', film industry is expected to be shocked. Because 'Space Sweepers' is the first case of tentpole movie, which was invested in about 24 billion won, to be released directly on Netflix instead of a theater.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/108/0002901775

cr : taeri_yeosin https://www.instagram.com/p/CGYvcgnph9K/

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Netflix is rumored to have been active enough to offer amounts far exceeding total production cost for [Space Sweepers], [Call] and [Night in Paradise]

In Korean film industry, aftermath situation because of Corona 19 is expected to continue until next year, and even it improves, there are concerns that this year's unreleased films could be wiped out due to fierce competition.

Hollywood blockbusters, including Marvel films, have given up their release this year and are considering next year, so the competition gonna be tough.
As unfavorable situation, Korean films that have delayed their release this year are in talks with Netflix.

Even a tentpole movie like [Space Sweepers], Venice International Film Festival attendee movie [Night on Paradise], considers disclosing OTT services means that situation are badly serious for Korean films industry.

Whether Netflix will emerge as another alternative for Korean film industry, it is clear that changes in Chungmuro are just around the corner.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/ranking/article/108/0002901786

Cr : taeri_yeosin https://www.instagram.com/p/CGZKaSnJpvE/

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

Vincenzo is rumored to have 20 episodes, broadcast : 2021.01.16 - 2021.03.21

https://mobile.twitter.com/sjkiaile_ph/status/1316654194867175424

Spoiler

There were some pics of SJK filming this drama. But, tvN asked people to delete pics.

There were new pics/videos too last night but the person has deleted them.

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

There were some pics even videos of SJK filming Vincenzo. But tvN asked people to delete them. So I won’t post SJK pics in this post 🙏

Shooting cars arrived one by one and we were waiting for filming after our roles were assigned to us. Suddenly all staff were looking at one place. So I also gave a stare toward that place… Then Song Joong Ki nim was coming. I was so so lucky to take the role staying around and watching SJK nim during the entire filming. My eyes are in delight! I didn’t eat breakfast but my role was eating sandwiches and hotdogs sitting on the bench. I was so so happy.

And I heard the filming usually ends after 5 or 6 PM later but thanks to the excellent acting by actors, the filming ended at 11:30 AM and I was able to come back home earlier.

(Cr : Naver blog, Eng trans ace_chingu)

A few days ago they filmed in Geoje. There were new pics & videos of SJK on SNS but posts have been deleted.

One of them posted on IG said that she couldn’t take pics because staff didn’t allow people to do it. Staff also told them to delete pics they posted on SNS.

I barely took a picture of his back. I was unable to approach near to him. Taking pictures is strictly banned and the quality of pic I have taken was not good. Only the floor have recorded. Luckily I was pretending to be a passerby and saw his face, while passing through the crowd who were guided by the staff. He is definitely a celebrity. He looks so handsome in real life. His appearance from the back in the restaurant… This restaurant is also made for the setting.

His skin is flawless.

There were so many crowds at the filming site yesterday. There were many people who saw SJK.

(Cr : Naver cafe, Eng trans ace_chingu)

I am so honored that a shining figure visited this place. Closing my eyes, his good looking appearance didn’t disappear. When he walked in, I easily recognized him…the one I should take picture of. He drew our attention so much that I didn’t have to find where he is. His skin was glowing.

(Cr : IG, Eng trans ace_chingu)

Edited by ssteph
  • Like 1
  • Clapping Hands 1

I'm looking forward to watching Space Sweepers, though who knows when that will be since I'll have to wait for a streaming service.

I think sometimes that SJK isn't given enough credit for how hard he works as an actor, because he's so beautiful and he does make things look effortless.

Anyway, I remembered crying during A Werewolf Boy, the werewolf boy still haunts my dreams sometimes, thinking of him being alone and without his life mate.

I thought he was underutilized in Battleship Island, especially given how much of the press had been centered on him, but I still liked his character in the movie.

Not as sure about Vincenzo since I still don't have a good feel for what the drama is supposed to be about. But, still looking forward to seeing him on the big and small screens again. :heart:

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 1

@ssteph by any chance would you like to open the Vincenzo drama thread for this since your oppa is the lead?

I plan to watch, so I will join you there. Apart from seeing SJK again, I am excited because the writer wrote the Fiery Priest which was so good , totally my type of humour . And the lead actress was my fave in Be Melodramatic. The PD also directed 2 dramas I love - The Crowned Clown and Money Flower

• Like 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

11 minutes ago, ssteph said:

@abs-oluteM not sure I can manage it well 😅 I'll try to open it...

Don't worry I will help you along. You can get some ideas from the starter kit. 

Or take a look at some of the other threads for ideas. 

• Thanks 1