Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

Official script reading 

Excerpts from SCMP for character write up 

https://amp.scmp.com/magazines/style/article/3102127/will-netflix-top-crash-landing-you-and-its-okay-not-be-okay-start

K-drama fans are super excited about the upcoming drama series, which is about “young people passionately pursuing their dreams in the world of start-up companies”. The cast includes Nam Joo-hyuk (who will also be seen in new Netflix sci-fi fantasy The School Nurse Files , due to be released on September 25), Bae Suzy (formerly of the teenage all-girl pop band Miss A), Kim Seon-ho and Kang Han-na.

Directed by Oh Choong-hwan (Hotel del Luna, While You Were Sleeping, Doctors) and written by Park Hye-ryun (Dream High, I Can Hear Your Voice, Pinocchio, While You Were Sleeping), Start-Up is set in Sandbox, a fictional Silicon Valley in Korea, and follows the lives of four protagonists following their dreams and striving to achieve their goals through the ups and downs of life.

Bae Suzy portrays Seo Dal-mi, a go-getter who is extremely passionate about her career and aspires to be known as Korea’s Steve Jobs, while Nam Joo-hyuk plays Nam Do-san, the founder of Samsan Tech, who used to be a maths genius as a child.
Kim Seon-ho’s character, Han Ji-pyeong, is an investment manager in a venture capital company and is called “the Gordon Ramsay of investments”; the story reveals that he starts his company to pay off a debt.

Kang han-na plays Won In-jae, a second generation chaebol CEO with brains, beauty and a good education, who is doing everything she can to carve out her own legacy and be respected for her skills and talent.

Also in the line-up are Stephanie Lee and Kim Do-wan, as Jung Sa-ha and Kim Yong-san, respectively.

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

An article from the press conference Source

'Startup' Nam Joo-hyuk apologized to Kim Sun-ho.

IE002702525_STD.jpg

A drama that delivers healing and cheering to young people is set to premiere.

The production presentation for tvN's new weekend drama "Startup" was broadcast live online on Wednesday afternoon. The drama "Startup," which will premiere on the 17th, depicts the growth of young people who entered the startup business dreaming of success in Sandbox, a Silicon Valley in Korea. Writer Park Hye-ryeon and director Oh Choong-hwan, who shared the SBS drama "While You Were Sleeping," which aired in 2017, have once again joined hands in three years.

Director Oh Choong-hwan said, "It's a story that the main characters achieve by tasting success and failure. You'll feel excited to see the story of growing and succeeding. Not only is there excitement in love, but there is also excitement when you approach it with a great goal. Please look forward to such a bright and hopeful story," he said.

Director Oh Choong-hwan and writer Park Hye-ryeon have been making a rough outline of the drama, determined to talk about young friends who started their business more than two years ago. Since there aren't many dramas about "Startup," there were public concerns that it might be unfamiliar and difficult. In response, Oh said, "I'm not that smart. I'm filming with the heart that I can't understand first," he replied.

The title "Startup," which means a start-up venture company, also means cheering for your youth who have begun a new challenge in the drama.

Nam Do-san (Nam Joo-hyuk), who made headlines as a genius by winning the youngest math Olympiad grand prize as a child, is the founder of Samsan Tech, a startup that has been forgetting only his parents' investment for 15 years now. 

Nam Joo-hyuk said, "When I read the synopsis, I felt like an unqualified friend (from Mt. Namdo). 

Me and this character wanted to fill in the 2% shortfall together. He was similar in age and he feels the same way about my feelings. Of course, jobs are different, but I acted with similar concerns and wanted to grow with the character ," he explained.

IE002702529_STD.jpg

Bae Suzy plays Seo Dal-mi, who started her career early instead of going to college. Seo Dal-mi, who used to be a contract worker because of her educational background, jumps into the start-up business to reverse her life. Bae Suzy said, "There were a lot of times when I was filming, I was comforted and could take a step back to think. There are many good lines, so I think there will be moments when viewers will be comforted," he said.

The person who is at odds with them is Han Ji-pyeong (Kim Sun-ho), a successful example of a life who has an annual salary of 100 million won and interviews with male magazines. Jipyeong, called Gordon Ramsey in the investment world, reads the flow of money like a ghost and invests in startups that are likely to succeed. Kim Sun-ho said, "The writer wrote in detail the technical terms that investors need to know in the footnote, so I am searching and studying hard." 

Meanwhile, he is also active in the KBS 2TV entertainment program <1 Night 2 Days> and joined the drama that airs on the same day. Kim Seon-ho asked, "Please immerse yourself in the characters in the drama."

"I'm doing two works together, but both sides are considerate of the physical aspect, so there's no problem at all. But those who watched me in the entertainment program would be unfamiliar or immersed in watching one horizon in the drama. It feels heavy, but I think time will solve it. Everyone is filming hard. I hope you can immerse yourself in one horizon and watch."

Nam Joo-hyuk also confessed that he felt sorry in the scene where he was at odds with Han Ji-pyeong in the drama. He said, "Considering the relationship between Dosan and Jipyeong, I think Sun-ho had a hard time  in the scenes.  Neither the lines nor the bankruptcy is common. I sometimes come out while acting ( lot of NG scenes) , so I feel sorry for my brother.  I confessed that it happened a few times." In response, Kim Seon-ho replied, saying, "I feel real sincerity in Nam Joo-hyuk's acting."

I met Nam Joo-hyuk for the first time in this drama, and all the really good things are the truth. He may have been that kind of actor, but all his acting feels real, so I follow him. It's really fun to laugh and play the role in this drama. Chemistry is about trust . Some of the lines that pop out one day were so real that I thought, 'This is a real bankruptcy,' and ended up researching on them."

Actress Kang Han-na plays  Nature Morning CEO Joo Won-jae, who entered the startup business as a daughter of a chaebol company. People say Won-jae's success at a young age as "a complete conglomerate thanks to her father," but in reality she is also the one who is busier and has worked harder than anyone else in order to succeed. Kang Han-na said, "As a CEO, Won-jae is a very cool person. However, I feel sorry her. "I want to see her smile happily without any purpose or reason, and I want to cheer her on," she said.

Director Oh Choong-hwan vowed to create a drama that can be healing for people who are tired of the prolonged "Corona 19."

Spoiler

IE002702531_STD.jpg

"I'm filming during'Corona 19' and it's getting harder than before. Not only me but also many people are having a hard time. While filming this drama, I myself received a lot of healing. I hope it is a drama that cheers people up. Those who get hurt get healed and those who start get cheered. I'll make it fun."

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Article from GMA news

Bae Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk to star in Netflix K-drama about start-ups and business dreams

By JANNIELYN ANN BIGTAS, GMA News

Renowned Korean actors Bae Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk will star in a K-drama about young people who are chasing their business dreams.

Titled "Start-Up," the series also stars Korean actors Kim Seon Ho and Kang Han Na.

On Monday, all four Korean stars including its director Oh Choong Hwan were present at a virtual press conference for the show attended by select media outlets from all over the world, including GMA News Online.

Director Choong Hwan said the drama series has "a lot of stories to tell" and it is about "encouraging the people who want to grow up or go up as they start out."

The story follows four young people who are chasing their dreams in a place called "Sand Box." Seo Dal Mi (Suzy), whose dream is to become the Steve Jobs of Korea despite not having a fancy background, will show her passion and energy to reach her goal having had a wide-range of experience from her part-time jobs.

Suzy said she was drawn to the project because she personally enjoyed the stories and relationships of the characters within the series.

She also said she wanted to "encourage other youth my age because that's the message of this show. It's a very heartwarming story."

Meanwhile, Nam Do San (Joo Hyuk), who will play as the founder of Samsan Tech and considered as a "math genius" as a young boy, has turned into his family's shame after once being a pride of his clan.

He later meets Dal Mi who will mistake him as her first love. He then decides to work his way up with hopes to turn misunderstanding to reality.

Joo Hyuk said he decided to take on the role because he thought the character was still incomplete.

"Right now this character seems to be a bit lacking a little bit here and there but as the story unfolds, he is going to grow so I wanted to portray that," he said.

The Korean actor also said that through his portrayal, he had an opportunity to look into his past and future.

"I really identified with my character. It is about a story of a young person and also to immerse myself in my character, I really looked into myself," he said.

Senior investment manager at a venture capital company Han Ji Pyeong (Seon Ho) will be recognized in the industry as "the Gordon Ramsay of investments" given his sharp tongue and investment skills.

Seon Ho similarly said what sparked him to join in the cast is how compelling each episode was as he read the script.

"I felt very comfortable reading the story and the character and what sets this show apart from others. When you look at other dramas they have a lot of spicy juicy stories but our stories are very heart warming and encouraging," he said.

Won In Jae (Han Na) will be playing a young CEO with an attractive background that everyone wants, good education, beauty, and money. Despite this, she struggles to create her own success and be recognized for her own talent and skills.

Han Na said she was attracted to her character because they have a similar desire to achieve something and get things done once she starts doing a task.

According to the Korean actress, she specifically had her hair cut short for her portrayal. The series writer Hye Run also gave her reference videos of actual successful CEOs which she said she decided "to emulate their energy and aura" into her character.

The new Netflix K-drama series is under the helm of Oh Choong Hwan, the same director for "Hotel del Luna," "While You Were Sleeping," and "Doctors."

For the series, he worked closely with writer Park Hye Ryun, who is known for her works "Dream High," "I Can Hear Your Voice," "Pinocchio," and "While You Were Sleeping."

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

Article from   https://hype.my/2020/198681/netflix-new-kdrama-start-up/

Netflix is back with another K-drama set to premier this coming weekend, and it’s called “Start-Up” (스타트업)! For those curious, the 16-episode series stars Bae Suzy, Nam Joo Hyuk, Kim Seon Ho and Kang Han Na taking on the lead roles.

Directed by “Hotel Del Luna” director Oh Chung Hwan, the rom-com tells the story of individuals involved in start-up companies (as the title suggests). “Start-Up” follows the lives of the four main casts as they manoeuvre themselves through the challenges of the start-up and business realms, taking place in a location known as the Sandbox (Korean version of the Silicon Valley).

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-2.18.31-PM-102

We recently joined the virtual press conference of the upcoming drama series with the director and the four main casts. Here are 7 things we compiled from the session, specially for the fans:

1. The series reunites Suzy with “While You Were Sleeping” director and writer

Spoiler

"Start-Up"

Notably, the upcoming drama marks Suzy’s reunion project with Oh Choong Hwan and screenwriter Park Hye Ryun, who worked together with her on the hit 2017 drama “While You Were Sleeping.” Interestingly, the latter also penned the script for Suzy’s first ever drama, “Dream High” (2011).

“Because we worked together on my first acting project, I think that it feels especially meaningful working together again. I was excited to be able to meet her again after having grown and improved (as an actress),” commented the former miss A member.

2. Bae Suzy on why she was drawn to participate in “Start-Up”

Spoiler

Screen-Shot-2020-10-13-at-2.35.19-PM-102

The stunning Hallyu star said, “I was attracted by the subject of start-ups, since it’s fresh and new. I was very moved by the story about young people who are a bit clumsy, and rather than putting the focus on the pressure for success, it makes even the act of ‘taking on a challenge’ look beautiful as the characters face things head on, fall down, and get back up again.”

3. Nam Joo Hyuk & Suzy on their on-screen chemistry

rk_startup_131020.jpg

“When I first heard about the casting, I really looked forward to acting with Suzy. In the beginning, we don’t have a lot of scenes together but when we met, we had good chemistry,” the hunky actor briefly commented.

Suzy then went on by stating, “When I first heard about his casting and when we were on set, there was a lot of good energy. He had a lot of good energy as well and it created good synergy between us. He’s Do-san himself and I was able to immerse myself in my role because of him. He’s bright and bubbly.”

4. The conflicts between the 4 main characters

Spoiler

"Start-Up"

In dishing with us about the characters’ conflicts and rivalries, Han Na opened by saying, “The characters In Jae and Dal Mi (played by Suzy) are rivals and there is a lot of subtle conflict going on between the two of us. Suzy, as we all know, is so loveable so it was difficult for me to bring my claws out to the character Dal Mi. While we are sisters who hate each other, on set we have a great friendship and I hope you can look forward to the chemistry between us.

Suzy then continued, “In Jae is a very cold person, but Han Na is a bubbly and loveable person so I got a bit confused between the real Han Na and her role, In Jae. While we had to maintain some tension between us, there were times when we broke out of character and laughed.”

"Start-Up"

Whereas for the two male characters, Joo Hyuk shared, “Do San and Ji Pyeong have a difficult relationship as if it were something in real life. Do San is not someone you see every day. As I did my lines, sometimes I myself came out. There are some times when I felt sorry toward Ji Pyeong for saying these lines as Do-san. Those were times we had to film again because it was so funny and we broke out into laughter.”

“I first met Joo Hyuk through this series. He’s sincere and real about everything. Everything he does feels so real. I would just follow along with that energy and it was really fun. Chemistry wise, mutual trust is really important. Sometimes he would improvise and he ended up becoming the character himself. It was amazing,” Seon Ho then remarked.

5. Kang Han Na on changing her appearance for her character Won In Jae

Spoiler

"Start-Up"

The interesting part that we want to share is, Kang Han Na had cut her trademark long hair for her role in the series, sporting a shorter hairdo. In sharing about this, she stated, “We previously discussed on how short hair would suit the role better, so I decided to cut my hair. Won In Jae, as a CEO, is an amazing businesswoman. However, deep down I feel sympathy for her. I hope viewers can relate to that and cheer her on for her personal happiness.”

When asked on how she prepared herself for the filming of the series, the 31-year-old starlet responded, “In Jae is a CEO who works really hard and a thorough businesswoman. The writer gave me some reference videos to understand my character better. I also searched and watched some videos of successful CEOS to capture their aura.”

6. Kim Seon Ho on the process of preparing himself for the drama

Kim-Seon-Ho-4-1024x683.jpg

“Although there are many startup companies that are near in our lives, I studied properly about the field of startups through this project. I read books relating to the subject, looked up terminology on the internet, and watched related lectures in an effort to earn various information,” shared the 34-year-old actor.

The heartthrob was also asked about how he managed to juggle his schedules between shooting “Start-Up” and appearing as a fixed cast member for the variety show “2 Days and 1 Night”. According to him, “The creators were all very considerate of me and my schedule, so I had no worries regarding that.

He added, “What I worry the most is that people who have seen me in the variety series might feel awkward when they see my character Han Ji Pyeong. I hope they will get used to my character with time and they can enjoy both me and my character in the series.” Director Oh then quipped in by stating that he’s a fan of the show.

7. Director Oh Chung Hwan on the overall message of “Start-Up”

Spoiler

"Start-Up"

“I was surprised to see many shows of similar genres among K-dramas. I think it reflects viewers’ desires to watch heart-fluttering stories about youth. Our story has ups and downs because it follows the characters’ ups and downs. You’re going to watch our characters grow and foster friendships with one another and also learn life lessons and learn more about who they are. It’s about love, but not just about love, it’s about having a vision for your life and working hard for your vision,” the director was quoted as saying.

• Like 3
  • Star Struck 1

War Of Nerves! 

So from what I understand Suzy( Dal Mi) and KHana (In Jae) will play sisters who are estranged after their parents divorced .  Dal Mi was raised by her dad and don't think they had much money. In Jae's mum remarried and her new step dad is a chaebol.

103487227.1.jpg

Full article translated here https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20201017/103487232/1

Spoiler

In tvN's new Saturday-Sunday drama "Startup," Bae Soo-ji and Kang Han-na engage in a fiery war of nerves.

"Startup" (directed by Oh Chung-hwan/written by Park Hye-ryeon), which will be broadcast for the first time on Saturday, is drawing keen attention by unveiling the site where the mysterious confrontation between Seo Dal-mi (Bae Su -ji) and Yoo In-jae (Kang Eun-na) is felt.

In the play, Seo Dal-mi and Yoo In-jae ended up living different lives after their parents and their parents divorced as children. As a result, Seo Dal-mi is now a contract worker who is going straight for her dream, and her older sister, Won-jae, is walking on the opposite path of being an elite CEO with her stepfather on her back.

In the photo released, Seo Dal-mi and Joo In-jae, who used to live without contact, face each other, drawing attention. In particular, Seo Dal-mi, who stands as an audience member in the audience, and Won In-jae, who is being questioned on stage, and the two contract workers and CEOs are clearly in contrast, doubling their curiosity.

Above all, the air flow between Seo Dal-mi and Won-jae is unusual, raising tension. The gap between the two sisters, who were once family members but lived for another time, is tense. The expressions of another lecturer, Han Ji-pyeong (played by Kim Sun-ho), and Yoon Sun-hak (played by Seo Yi-sook), the head of SH Venture Capital and founder of Sandbox, are also filled with interesting questions about them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

From what I understand Start-Up has a star -studded line up for its OSTs

article: https://starbiz.net/k-biz/k-drama/red-velvet-jung-seung-hwan-10cm-and-more-joins-lineup-1-of-tvn-startup-ost

Spoiler

Music Buddy, the production company for the OST of ‘Startup’, which will begin airing on October 17, has revealed its first lineup, drawing keen attention as it includes a number of popular artists such as K-pop girl groups and singer-songwriter who all did super well on music charts.

Starting with the unique and sensuous K-Pop girl group Red Velvet, Jung Seung Hwan with the voice that can fill a tiring day with warmth, singer-songwriter Kim Feel with lyrical, resonant and charming vocal tone, 10cm with a dreamy and emotional atmosphere, and Seunghee, Jiho and Binnie from girl group Oh My Girl, who have a wide spectrum of voices, as well as Davichi, will participate in the singing of the OST

Suzy herself will also be singing

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/10/suzy-to-sing-an-ost-for-her-new-tvn-drama-startup

1st one by Red Velvet

• Like 2
  • Star Struck 1

Seo Yi Suk who plays Yoon Sun Hak , the CEO of SH Venture Capital , the "Steve Jobs'' of Korea

pic credit: Newsis.com

NISI20201017_0000618902_web.jpg?rnd=2020

The tough life...look how cute NJH's character likes to knit :thinking:

image_readtop_2020_1063778_1602861060439

Article  http://mksports.co.kr/view/2020/1063778/  translated

Spoiler

Although she is always confident and unrelenting in front of her co-workers and her older sister, Won-jae (Kang Eun-na), who is now a second-generation chaebol, the limpness of holding a pillar on the subway also suggests that she is enduring a tough life. I wonder what made Seo Dal-mi so upset.

Standing in the middle of strangers on the subway, Mt. Namdo only looks at the floor. After spending his childhood as the youngest winner of the math Olympiad, his self-esteem is so low that he cannot even make eye contact with people.

It is related to Seo Dal-mi that the reason why Namdosan made her promise to "be shining again" is drawing more attention to their meeting. The two youths, entangled by an unexpected misunderstanding 15 years ago, are raising expectations about how they will meet for the first time and what they will be like to each other.

"Seo Dal-mi and Nam Do-san represent young people who can shine again at any time. Please look forward to what will happen when they meet with two people of different colors," the production team of "Startup" said.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

So from what I understand Suzy( Dal Mi) and KHana (In Jae) will play sisters who are estranged after their parents divorced .  Dal Mi was raised by her dad and don't think they had much money. In Jae's mum remarried and her new step dad is a chaebol.

Wow, plot twist already before we start watching! Thank you for updating the thread, @abs-oluteM. I have been totally slacking on this one!

• Like 3

K netz and I have the same problem - SLS . :lenny: I stayed till past 2.30 am watching this ! 

Credit to : NetizenKore.blogspot

[Naver TV] 'Start-Up' Pilot Episode 1 Comments and Reactions

Bae Suzy Dramas Kang Hanna Kim Sunho Nam Joohyuk Naver TVOctober 17, 2020 1 Comment

Episode 1 #Highlights #Nam Joohyuk X Suzy X Kim Sunho; A plotline that gets your heart beating from the first episode♥Just_Perfect 

1. [+702][-33] Honestly, if you don't catch the second-lead syndrome from Kim Sunho from the first episode, you aren't human

2. [+591][-22] I watched this thinking it would be about Nam Joohyuk and Suzy's romance but the way they portrayed Kim Sunho from the very first episode..? They intended us to catch the  second-lead syndrome and go insane.....

3. [+393][-31] Everything was perfect ㅠㅠ Suzy is so good at acting ㅠㅠ Dalmi is so lovely 

4. [+350][-17] I can feel it - Dramas that are good even from the pilot episode are rare but the directing, colour scheme, plot, lines and OST are just beyond perfect 

5. [+319][-18] From now on, this will be the drama for the weekends. 

This isn't their first time meeting...?! Bae Suzy vs Kang Hanna♨? An unusual war of nerves 

1. [+398][-25] Both of them are so pretty ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+296][-17] Suzy and Kang Hanna are both so pretty and their acting skills are amazing too 

3. [+270][-23] Kang Hanna and Bae Suzy are crazy beautiful 

4. [+236][-30] Suzy is so pretty ㅜㅜㅜ

5. [+227][-32] I was amazed by Kang Hanna's vocalisation and pronunciation 

"I am in the right mind ^^" Kim Sunho looking at Bae Suzy, who's worn out from trying to find Nam Dosan (Broken cheekbones♡) 

(T/N: Broken cheekbones suggest that you are smiling so much that your cheekbones won't come down)

1. [+470][-12] Kim Sunho is so handsome ㅠㅜ I'm going all in on Han Jipyung,,,

2. [+373][-9] Suzy is so good at this type of acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+335][-4] Han Jipyung seeing Dalmi and laughing is so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+318][-5] When Suzy laughed, I laughed like Kim Sunho too ㅋㅋ

5. [+300][-5] The plot is like this but he's only the second male lead????????? ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Star Struck 1

@Jane @JenL Good feedback for 1st episode. 

Naver article: Source

2020101806573341081_1.jpg

Start-up captivated viewers with the actors' passionate performances from Bae Soo-ji, Kim Sun-ho, and Kang Han-na to extraordinary, Huh Jung-eun and Lee Re.

In tvN's Saturday-Sunday drama "Startup," which first aired on 17th, Park Hye-ryeon, director Oh Choong-hwan, planning studio Dragon, and production high-stories), male and female characters will reunite in the present after their past ties.

"Startup" depicts the beginning (START) and growth (UP) of young people who have entered start-ups dreaming of success in Silicon Valley in Korea. Bae Soo-ji, Nam Joo-hyuk, Kim Sun-ho and Kang Han-na starred in the movie.

In the first broadcast of "Startup," Seo Dal-mi (Bae Su-ji), Won-jae (Kang Eun-na), and Han Ji-pyeong (Kim Sun-ho) faced each other at the startup relay lecture. As an elite CEO, Seo Dal-mi faced off by asking a sharp question to the speaker, Won In-jae. Han Ji-pyeong also showed interest in Seo Dal-mi, who introduced herself, saying, "I'm Seo Dal-mi."

Since then, the past of the three has been revealed 15 years ago. First of all, the relationship between Han Ji-pyeong and Seo Dal-mi was a pen pal who had never seen each other. Han Ji-pyeong (played by Nam Da-reum) became independent from the nursery school and met Seo Dal-mi (played by Heo Jeong-eun)'s grandmother Choi Won-deok (played by Kim Hae-sook). Choi Won-deok gave Han Ji-pyeong, who had nowhere to go. Later, Han Ji-pyeong became a pen pal friend when Choi Won-deok wrote a letter to Seo Dal-mi at her request after her parents divorced. Han Ji-pyeong sent a letter under the name Namhansan, not his name at the time. Han Ji-pyeong left Choi Won-deok's side after getting accepted to college.

Also, Seo Dal-mi and Yoo In-jae's past was their own sisters. The divorce of the parents led to the separation of their parents and their father and mother. Won In-jae (played by Lee Re) changed his last name due to his mother's remarriage and grew up in a wealthy family. Over time, the meeting between successful CEO Won In-jae and contract worker Seo Dal-mi at the lecture hall was a moment of war of nerves. After the lecture, Seo Dal-mi and Won In-jae sat face to face and talked about their lives. Seo Dal-mi's resentment toward Won In-jae and her self-esteem have raised questions about what will happen in the future.

Starting from the first broadcast, "Startup" added to the fun of the main actors' performances. Bae Soo-ji boldly and Kang Han-na proudly completed their characters. On top of that, Kim Sun-ho added to his dramatic fun by breaking down his character, which is cold-hearted on the outside but chaste inside.

On top of that, the child actors' performances also made the first episode of "Startup" interesting. Nam Da-reum, Heo Jung-eun and Ire showed their characters with fresh acting. In particular, Nam Da-reum looked sharp on the outside, but Han Ji-pyeong was warm inside.

The first episode of "Startup" caught the attention of viewers amid the actors' performances that boosted the characters' charms to their fullest. On top of that, the development that makes us wonder what kind of relationship the intertwined past relationships will lead to in the present has raised curiosity about the next broadcast.

• Like 4

@abs-oluteM Haha, I'll get around to this tonight hopefully! I can't watch dramas during the day - it makes me feel sluggish. Got to wait till night :) But then tonight my current Taiwanese drama is doing final fan meet via FB Live. But Netflix just sent me the push notification and I'm finding it hard to resist Start Up...I'm sure it'll happen tonight...get back to you then XD

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

I like the premise of Start Up offers in ep. 1

White lies, evil reality (oh sister; thats a bad bad siblings loyalty and wah.. To be little Dal mi will be really hard), and mix of pure kindness that made the drama happens. Tada!

And oh I'm a fan of most Studio Dragon works I have seen and THIS ONE OPENING WORTH TO WATCH EVERY EPISODES COME OUT. So vintagious-modern basic shapes colorful that aaaaah I just sooo like it. By the visual, this drama is one of to be top tier (seeing the pilot episodes). Fresh and aesthetic. Interesting.

Here I got screenshot thread from bluebird. The composition is eye pleasant though I feel sometimes it is too colorful with the filters. AFTERALL, this drama I think will be in visual thingy. Just look at..

Btw, mr. Dimples that @abs-oluteM stamps on hahahaha I think he will led me to a great damage of second lead syndrome!! I'm preparing myself😂

I'm having an eye for the lady from SH Venture (if I'm not wrong remembering it?) so years ago she is the meeting leader when Seo Dal mi's dad submit the delivery business idea. Then after years, she is the same lady in the Sandbox lecture right? It's interesting to reveal what happened to dad idea back then maybe that helped so she become so big like that (they said Steve Jobs 11:12). But we have In jae that changed her name because mother married another man became Won In jae, so she might be not knowing it is actually her dad. Her dad that kinda inspires her so big and she feels must pay back dad idea.

Won In jae this girl said once when seeing Dal mi again after growing up, kinda like this: "You made me not regretting my choice to follow mom and having an easy life with luxury and privileges." But who knows, their dad is really put big investment of idea that maybe can turn their world upside down later. That Dal mi finally can prove her choice is really something can be proud of, her choice to believe in her dad purity. 

The dad. I'm bawling out my eyes in this first episode.

I think I will follow this one airing drama and see the progress week by week:zzzz:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Party! 1

G O O D  V I B E S  

♪ click me below for my cw, edits, about 

d r a m a s a f f a i r . c a r r d . c o 

@bairama While I can understand how Dal Mi feels being abandoned by her sister , I think the latter being a teen herself need not have needed to choose between parents. In fact I felt sorry for both sisters because they had to go through this - to be torn between two parents. I know at this point it will seem like In Jae is the heartless one that abadoned her sister , but I liked her honesty when she answered Dal Mi at the conference. In some ways Dal Mi came across rather harsh but I understand that Dal Mi herself too has a lot emotional baggage and misses her sister. I am looking forward to them reconciling. 

The 1st episode was particularly moving - I like the way the back stories are told. This is the strength of the writer ( who wrote Pinocchio and While You Were Sleeping  @Lynne @gilaswan are you guys planning to watch?) .Some touching scenes included  Dal Mi's close relationship with both her father and grandma , and of course Ji Pyeong's link to Dal Mi and her grandma. @mademoiselle As always Nam Da Reum did such an amazing job playing the younger counterpart ( cannot wait for him to lead his own dramas) and he really made me feel so bad for young Ji Pyeong having grown up an orphan & worked his way up to be where he is. The best part is he never forgot grandma. I cried at a couple of their scenes. lol

I find it interesting to how they will set up this love triangle. JP is clearly the one who gave Dal Mi strength and by all accounts in a typical setting, we would see that JP and DM will come together . However , the intended coupling is Nam Do San who now has to pretend that he was the one that actually wrote to her . I can imagine the confusion ( and possible comedy ) that will happen. JP is in my opinion unknowingly smitten with DM , and is likely gonna regret asking Do San to do this. 

While it is true that Kim Seon Ho is my bias - which fuels my SLS, I also do like Nam Joo Hyuk ( especially because he was in 2 of my favourite dramas - Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo and The Light in Your Eyes. So it will be nice to see more of him in eps 2. I always feel roles like that suits him. Would he be able to change my mind about being the one for Dal Mi. TBH , I was hoping for separate love lines since we have 2 female leads. Let's see how this goes. 

Ahhh impending love triangle :D

a213162f01a94b21bc9e1a6c9e9c14f7.jpeg?s=

• Like 3
  • Clapping Hands 1