Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

Some interesting comments from knets translated by

https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/10/naver-tv-start-up-episode-4-comments.html

[Naver TV] 'Start-Up' Episode 4 Comments and Reaction

Bae Suzy Dramas Kim Seonho Nam Joohyuk Naver TV Start-Up October 26, 2020 3 Comments

I held God-Suzy's hand hehe ♡ Finally, Bae Suzy X Nam Joohyuk's first touch! 

1. [+709][-3] I think two 500 won coins could have fit in my nostrils whilst I was watching this (T/N: because OP was smiling so widely)

2. [+557][-3] Their hand sizes are heart-fluttering, I couldn't lower my cheekbones just watching the bus scene

3. [+485][-4] Wahhh it's crazy heart-fluttering, it's tickly ☺️☺️ Is their difference in hand size reality,, Suzy's hand is really pretty too ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

4. [+480][-4] Nam Joohyuk ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Liking it secretly  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm sleepy

5. [+410][-5] I'm not Nam Joohyuk so why is my facial expression the same as his

Bae Suzy X Kim Seonho who steadily~ start to connect, Nam Joohyuk is bothered 

1. [+1072][-13] Ah but Kim Seonho is seriously pretty when he smiles....

2. [+773][-13] Jipyung-ah ㅠㅠㅠ I'm smiling because of you ㅠㅠㅠ

3. [+683][-12] I've caught the second-lead syndrome ....

4. [+612][-3] As much as I fell for Dosan's nerdy beauty and rabbity-cuteness, I fell for Jipyung's joker-like cuteness more ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Ah I'm going insane,  this drama won't let my raised cheekbones come down

5. [+535][-19] The person who got along well with Dalmi emotionally was Jipyung though... Jipyung wrote the letters.... Ah seriouslyㅠㅜㅠㅜㅜ Writer-nim, if he was going to be the second lead you shouldn't give him this storyline... No but it's seriously a storyline that exactly fits my taste.... I like it but it's really painful ughhㅠㅜㅠㅜㅜㅜㅠㅜ

[ think this k nets just spoke my mind, lol!]

Bae Suzy vs Kang Hanna, the explodingly-popular developer Nam Joohyuk's choice is?

1. [+1310][-16] Dalmi asked them to recruit her as CEO whereas Injae said she'd recruit them,, I can't believe that these subtle differences in their lines settled how the two of them treat Samsan ㅠㅠ Writer-nim is a genius ㅠㅠ

2. [+1143][-10] Science-major Dosan can now even grasp context, he's all grown upㅠㅠ 

(T/N: a joke that science-majors students generally lack the ability to grasp the context of a situation) 

3. [+807][-8] I think Dalmi will team up like this with Samsan Tech and the lawyer ㅠㅠㅠ Ah it's really fun

4. [+773][-12] Ah this is a drama of youth ㅠㅠ  Shining Dosan and Dalmi.... It's so perfect that I'm cryingㅜㅜㅜㅜ

5. [+591][-8] Dosan-ie.. the fact that he picks up on that subtle difference ㅠㅠ

• Like 5

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

Spoiler article for tonight translated with Papago from  http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202010311331431762989_1

In the fifth episode, Hackathon (an event in which participants form a team to complete a business model within a limited period of time), a gateway to move into a dream space that helps startups grow.

While curiosity is growing over how Seo Dal-mi (Bae Su-ji) and Lee Won-jae (Kang Eun-na), who became CEOs, will gather their team members and perform on the presentation stage, they are anticipating a three- way romance between Seo Dal-mi, Nam Do-san (Nam Joo-hyuk), and Han Ji-pyeong (Kim Sun-ho).

The released photo shows Seo Dal-mi, who teamed up as CEO and developer, and Han Ji-pyeong, senior team leader of SH Venture Capital, who served as mentors of such young people with Nam Do-san. In particular, Han Ji-pyeong, who was nervous when Seo Dal-mi said, "I have something to ask," and Nam Do-san's strange eyes looking at Seo Dal-mi are captured together, raising curiosity.

The two men are hiding the fact that the letter that instilled the fantasy of "Awesome First Love" in Seo Dal-mi as a child was actually sent only by Han Ji-pyeong, not by Namdosan Mountain, which is actually a letter that lent him his name, which makes viewers nervous about how long the secret will be effective.

Looks like they may kick start the love triangle :thinking:

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20201031

TVN had a pre-released clip

I think Ji Pyeong asked him for how long does he want to do this ( with regards to pretending to be Dal Mi's pen friend). Think Do San tells him he likes Dal Mi

DS surprised as well that JP is involved with Sandbox as  a mentor

• Like 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

EluCSBeVkAEDnQC?format=jpg&name=smallEluCSBeUcAcStMW?format=jpg&name=small

Ep5 is really engaging.

• I am liking Do San more & more. He's a really innocent and kind soul.

• I also really like Han Ji Pyeong. He's the typical tough on the outside but a complete softie on the inside type of guy.

• Plus I need more interaction between Do San and Ji Pyeong. :D

I don't think I can choose between these two. I don't think I have SLS because at this point, I'm not shipping Dalmi with Ji Pyeong or anyone. So far I can't feel any romantic relationship with both of them. He's not even looking jealous when he sees Dalmi hugging Do San. I'll just be happy he gets lotsa screen time and character development for his character and let's just say, we better brave ourselves of Halmoni's impending doom. I cried at the scene between them in this episode, so I'm sure if something happens to Halmoni we will for sure bawl our eyes out.

Ji Pyeong is edgy and may be too harsh towards Samsan guys but I see that it was for their own good, especially now. Sometimes they really don't know themselves well so I'm glad Ji Pyeong is there to put them in their place. For me Ji Pyeong is a necessary evil, like you know when raising kids, you need one playing the good parent and the other playing the bad. This is how I see Ji Pyeong and Dalmi. Together Ji Pyeong will discipline the Samsan kids and Dalmi will nurture them to be better and stronger, LOL. Also, like Appa said, Do San just didn't have ambition so when he starts wanting to win, he will actually excel. It's up to Do San to prove Ji Pyeong is wrong now that Do San realises he is lacking in many ways (at least this is what I interpreted when he sees Dalmi presenting). I can see that Do San's greed/ambition is growing because of Dalmi (making him wanting to succeed and be independent of Ji Pyeong).

Oh yeah, I'm sure we all agree Do San is totally digging their own grave for developing an app that will identify handwriting. It's 100% that later on it'll be used to identify the letters...

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 1
  • Insightful 4

@mademoiselle I do love what we have been shown about Do San in this episode. I like how the drama showed us what he lacked in terms of business acumen & ambition , he made it up with kindness and heart. This drama pulls you in emotionally because you will want to root for the underdog. Even Dal Mi's character is written to be at a disadvantage given her lack of formal academic credentials. Yet we have been shown that she is passionate , resourceful and a fast learner.  

While realistically speaking , people like Do San or even Dal Mi would be eaten alive where leading a business is concern, it is not impossible for them to succeed. I have seen this happen IRL. The key is really to surround yourself with the right people, tapping on the strengths of others in areas where you lack. They do need someone to give them the harsh reality and the push in the right direction - yes someone like Ji Pyeong.  I liked that Ji Pyeong told the boys off about not wanting to use Dal Mi to present. If their previous attempts on their own did not work, they really had nothing to lose with giving Dal Mi a chance.

One of my favourite things in this show is the relationship between JP and halmoni. I felt a little teary when Dal Mi asked JP why he helped to cover up DoSan's lie too. As viewers who have been privy to JP's backstory and his long standing relationship with halmoni, we know that JP feels forever indebted to the latter for the kindness & love she showed him in his toughest days. There's a sense of guilt mixed with gratefulness that JP feels towards halmoni. I also believe that  over the years as they have exchanged these letters, there's a genuine connection that JP and Dal Mi has built.  The Do San that Dal Mi is "in love" with is actually JP. And subconsciously , JP has come to have some affections for Dal Mi , something that is beginning to come to surface when we see how awkward he is in Dal Mi's presence.

Having said that, I am not saying that Do San should not be with Dal Mi. This writer is darn good at making me feel undecided about the love triangle. Sometimes , I think I have major SLS...then at times I see how sweet and genuine  Do San is , and think he may be a good match for Dal Mi too . This is something I have to credit Nam Joo Hyuk for doing so well - there's that puppy dog face he pulls off that makes me feel bad for him .

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 3

8 hours ago, mademoiselle said:

I can see that Do San's greed/ambition is growing because of Dalmi (making him wanting to succeed and be independent of Ji Pyeong).

I see this too, starting from the time he rejected the suits that JP bought him. Am wondering if he could have an "evil" turn because of his ambitions?

Edit: I take it back. Cannot see any evilness when there is so much dorkiness in episode 6 lol!

Edited by Chocolate
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, Chocolate said:

: I take it back. Cannot see any evilness when there is so much dorkiness in episode 6 lol!

I am laughing my head off watching eps 6....and the 3 stooges thinking that  due diligence was due date :lol:

These two are so cute ...I may like the bromance even more than the romance. 

dLLdaPv.jpg

Preview eps 7

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Episode 6

Ok I was a bit concerned the drama was going to go dry after they got in Sandbox, but looks like the writer will be showing us the problems & crisis of starting up a company to keep it interesting. I quite like the topics covered for this episode, which is making choices and splitting the shares.

From this episode I believe I also see what the writer has planned for our beloved Ji Pyeong, Dalmi and Do San. When Dalmi did not hesitate at all and chose Ji Pyeong as their mentor and told Ji Pyeong that he's like "family" - I knew it immediately. Halmoni is Ji Pyeong and Dalmi's family. The only link between them. When Halmoni is gone (she for sure will ask Ji Pyeong to watch out/take care of Dalmi), Ji Pyeong and Dalmi will become family with Do San x Musketeers the extended family.

Going by this, it seals the deal and confirm Dalmi will never regret choosing Ji Pyeong as mentor. Choosing Alex will eventually resulted in a company just focusing on making profit because his interest is not in the people, but only Do San's abilities. However, Ji Pyeong's heart is on Dalmi's well-being and being a softie that he is, he will focus on teaching them and growing them.

So Halmoni will lose her eye sight soon. Meaning her death is coming soon too. Sigh.

The guy who seeks revenge - who can it be? First guess is the IT guy (twins) who was hired by In Jae. If not... I've searched the website for clues (character introduction) but tvN is smart not to reveal the person yet. I hope it is an actor who's really good as villain. I'm curious if he has any link to Do San, In Jae, Dalmi or Ji Pyeong in the past too. I also wonder if the character is played by any actor that was a regular in Park Hye Ryun's past projects. For now I'm going to take a guess it may be Shin Jae Ha.

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Insightful 5

I enjoyed watching eps 6.  After the short-lived euphoria of getting admitted into Sandbox , the folks at Samsan Tech were brought down to earth and got their 1st lesson in management 101 . I like that Ji Pyeong did not sugar coat things & despite his rather harsh words of getting his message across, he meant well. JiPyeong is the sort of mentor that any new business would need & what he taught them was invaluable  ( coming from my observations from seeing my husband & siblings being involved in start-up businesses themselves). And I was happy that despite the initial squabble, the 3 stooges proved that their friendship meant more & allowed them to place their trust in DoSan. DalMi's decision at the end made sense & I was glad she stuck to her guns of giving DoSan the majority of the equity holding.  Oh how bad ass was she putting Sa-Ha in her place. 

I can see that the truth of the letters will not come to surface till probably past mid series given the ending of eps 6. I don't think Do San would have the heart now given grandma's situation to bring the letters up as it would cause a rift between the old lady and Dal Mi. So interestingly , both Do San and Ji Pyeong share secrets with grandma to protect Dal Mi. But sooner or later,  and sooner would be a better option, the truth needs to be made known. I think fooling Dal Mi for this long despite the good intentions from all parties, will only do more damage to the relationship between Dal Mi & Do San ( though Dal Mi , being the sweetheart that she is , is quick to forgive)

While the episodes so far allude to the fact that In Jae is using  Dal Mi's sandbox story as her own, I just have this strange feeling that she could very well be that little girl on the swing. This writer has a knack for putting interesting plot twists into her stories. 

=========

Knets seem torn about the love triangle. Lol!

from : https://netizenkore.blogspot.com/2020/11/naver-tv-start-up-episode-5-comments.html

[Naver TV] 'Start Up' Episode 5 Comments and Reactions

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.38.13%2Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.38.48%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.24.39%2

1. [+510][-5] I really loved this scene

2. [+435][-4] Dalmi continues to have faith in Dosan and Dosan trusts Dalmi as well,, I love how they keep trusting each other,, I wish I had someone like that in my life 

3. [+393][-4] I love it when Dalmi hugged him ㅠㅠㅠ I feel like I have the whole world

4. [+318][-46] Han Jipyung... my heart is ripping... Dalmi-ya, why can't you recognise him 

5. [+290][-2] Look at Seo Dalmi smiling while hugging Nam Dosan ㅠㅠ Do-Dal are so nice to look at

Bae Suzy on the 3-minute pitching stage, a clean-cut success in appealing Samsan Tech? Well done ^^

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.37.00%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.14.37%2

1. [+1109][-14] Bae Suzy's vocals and diction are amazing.... Seo Dalmi is the best ㅠㅠ

2. [+905][-12] This is a legendary scene, Bae Suzy's Seo Dalmi presentation acting was so good ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She seems like a real CEO ㅋㅋ 

3. [+850][-10] Seo Dalmi is so cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. [+822][-9] The actress Bae Suzy deserves so much praise for this scene - her gaze, vocals, diction and gesture were all amazing and I was touched by her presentation ㅋㅋ

5. [+757][-9] Wow, seriously the best, this scene was legendary

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.35.23%2

Screenshot%2B2020-11-01%2Bat%2B9.29.45%2

1. [+1931][-161] Jipyung-ah,,, My heart hurts so much ㅠㅠ It's such a beautiful scene but I'm sad, I just want all of them to be happy ㅠㅠ

2. [+1854][-150] Writer-nim, please give Jipyung-ie a chance to at least tell the truth, please...

3. [+1710][-141] Ah, I was so heartbroken when I saw Kim Seonho turning around bitterly... The best second-lead seriously... 

4. [+1458][-89] Suzy hugging Nam Joohyuk ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ Seriously so heart fluttering ㅠ

5. [+1213][-171] Jipyung-ie's face ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ I'm so sad, why is Jipyung-ie the second-lead... ㅠ
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I hope Do San or Halmoni will tell Ji Pyeong about her condition. Ji Pyeong needs that time with Halmoni, but I have a feeling she wouldn't and worse she would also tell Do San not to tell Ji Pyeong :letalQQ: (for dramatic impact purposes I think this is how it'll go).

I hope so too. But I too think that DS would have to keep it a secret. 

In this eps,  my dislike towards the mum was not as strong. I am not sure why she didn't intervene when the dad died, but it was clear both mum & Dal Mi missed each other.

Subbed making

• Like 3

@mademoiselle That gif of NDR and KSH just shows how good an actor NDR is that he's able to understand the adult character and the adult actor taking on that role. 

Ah... my hearteu! I feel so bad for Han Jipyeong. He deserves to have family. Not that I dislike NDS. Not at all. He's so dorky and sincere, he's difficult to dislike. But NDS has grown up with family and family love. HJP on the other hand has had it tough and after all of that time, he really deserves a family, especially in Halmeoni and SDM. 

These recent 2 episodes have not been as exciting as the earlier 4 episodes. They've been more informative about the world of start-ups and venture capitalists, the culture and philosophies that come with it. The writer's been setting up a few more characters while fleshing out the supporting ones - we know a bit more about how the 3 Sans came together and how far their friendship goes. We know better how NDS was as a child to date - he's humble, shies from the limelight and generally doesn't have to disposition to "make it big". This lie he's now living for the sake of SDM is the first time he's been ambitious about something, but again, not for himself. It would be interesting to see how all that might unravel when the truth emerges. We're also starting to see emerging leadership in SDM, possible because of the people who believe in her ability and are willing to invest in it. Stepdad is also featuring a bit more and Yoon taepyo's backstory along the Han River is piquing my interest. And of course, who's that hooded fella? 

• Heart Eyes 4
20 hours ago, gilaswan said:

These recent 2 episodes have not been as exciting as the earlier 4 episodes. They've been more informative about the world of start-ups and venture capitalists, the culture and philosophies that come with it.

We're also starting to see emerging leadership in SDM, possible because of the people who believe in her ability and are willing to invest in it. Stepdad is also featuring a bit more and Yoon taepyo's backstory along the Han River is piquing my interest. And of course, who's that hooded fella? 

I enjoy watching and learning more about the start-ups and VCs. It was interesting to see the challenge to be a CEO and how they use the datasets to create a financially viable technology (frankly, I think the tech to detect forgery is more lucrative then to create fonts lol, and Samsan Tech should not have been penalised for not being able to recognise InJae's new font as a forgery - afterall it was only 48 hours and tech can be fine tuned). This is the reason I am watching the drama.

Regarding the romance bit, I feel that is secondary.

Apart from the letters, I think one of the reasons why the JP-DM pairing is so loved is because there is tension between them when they meet on screen. It’s exciting – the speculative/admiring looks, the missed opportunities, the ‘hey don’t interrupt them!’

Whereas DS-DM, from the start, they show that they like each other – well DS really likes her, but DM likes him for the wrong reason. So it is less interesting. Because, without JP and our question why the writer is giving him so much backstory with DM if they are not meant to be together, to be honest, the DS-DM romance is pretty boring (ok bash me now lol).

We are 6 episodes in. I don't know how the writer is expecting NJH-neutral-watchers to love the DS-DM pairing. But I would be fine if they don't end up together. Just looking forward to a resolution of the parts mentioned by @gilaswan.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
On 11/1/2020 at 6:20 PM, mademoiselle said:

I don't think I can choose between these two. I don't think I have SLS because at this point, I'm not shipping Dalmi with Ji Pyeong or anyone. So far I can't feel any romantic relationship with both of them. He's not even looking jealous when he sees Dalmi hugging Do San. I'll just be happy he gets lotsa screen time and character development for his character and let's just say, we better brave ourselves of Halmoni's impending doom. I cried at the scene between them in this episode, so I'm sure if something happens to Halmoni we will for sure bawl our eyes out.

I feel like there is that one sided romantic tension between JP and DM, but it's more subtle than other dramas because JP is shown to be so  protective of his feelings that not even he himself can access them freely...:poliWeird: .I felt like JP was jealous of DS which is why he walked away when they hugged. Otherwise he would have endured the whole scene and asked DM what she wanted to talk about. But I think it irritated him to see this display of affection, so he just left. His personality also seems to be the type not to make a scene - he'd rather just distance himself from emotional problems, I think. And although he's harsh on Samsan guys because they do suck at business, I think he does, in a tiny part take out his romantic frustrations on DS, who he sees as not being completely worth of DM. But it's complicated because DS has also been an avatar for him to getting to know DM. DS and JP aren't exactly brothers yet, but they will be. :MewGiggle:

On 11/2/2020 at 12:43 AM, abs-oluteM said:

One of my favourite things in this show is the relationship between JP and halmoni. I felt a little teary when Dal Mi asked JP why he helped to cover up DoSan's lie too. As viewers who have been privy to JP's backstory and his long standing relationship with halmoni, we know that JP feels forever indebted to the latter for the kindness & love she showed him in his toughest days. There's a sense of guilt mixed with gratefulness that JP feels towards halmoni. I also believe that  over the years as they have exchanged these letters, there's a genuine connection that JP and Dal Mi has built.  The Do San that Dal Mi is "in love" with is actually JP. And subconsciously , JP has come to have some affections for Dal Mi , something that is beginning to come to surface when we see how awkward he is in Dal Mi's presence.

Yep, I'm definitely slayed by JP's story because of Grandma! :BulbaOWO:

I love everything about the way they sass each other, but care deeply for each other. Grandma breaks down JP's defensive walls in a way that no one else has ever been able to. And JP knows deep down that what she gave him wasn't just money, but love and care, which nothing can really pay back. Also yes, that guilt must be intense, especially now that he's discovered that DM didn't attend university, but he did. And he threw a tantrum prior to that. because he thought she took his money. 

I feel like Grandma asked JP to write to DM, not just for DM's sake, but to give JP a connection to someone around his age - to give him a hobby and to make him more human, otherwise he would have only been focused on money and ambition. Even as an adult, protecting those letters are the only things that have made him act more outwardly charitable and vulnerable. :heiboi:

On 11/2/2020 at 11:56 AM, mademoiselle said:

Going by this, it seals the deal and confirm Dalmi will never regret choosing Ji Pyeong as mentor. Choosing Alex will eventually resulted in a company just focusing on making profit because his interest is not in the people, but only Do San's abilities. However, Ji Pyeong's heart is on Dalmi's well-being and being a softie that he is, he will focus on teaching them and growing them.

So Halmoni will lose her eye sight soon. Meaning her death is coming soon too. Sigh.

The guy who seeks revenge - who can it be? First guess is the IT guy (twins) who was hired by In Jae. If not... I've searched the website for clues (character introduction) but tvN is smart not to reveal the person yet. I hope it is an actor who's really good as villain. I'm curious if he has any link to Do San, In Jae, Dalmi or Ji Pyeong in the past too. I also wonder if the character is played by any actor that was a regular in Park Hye Ryun's past projects. For now I'm going to take a guess it may be Shin Jae Ha.

I wonder if Alex will turn out to be more evil than is shown. He gives off a vibe that he could steal their work or break up their team etc. 

I'm so sad about the grandmother losing hr eyesight.....nooooo....please no deaths :PiplupCry:

The villain so far seems to be in a lot of scenes to the Sandbox CEO, so wondering if he just hates Sandbox as a whole and is taking revenge on all of them. Maybe they rejected him or his family in the past causing lots of pain etc etc. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

On 11/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, mademoiselle said:

@abs-oluteM I hope Do San or Halmoni will tell Ji Pyeong about her condition. Ji Pyeong needs that time with Halmoni, but I have a feeling she wouldn't and worse she would also tell Do San not to tell Ji Pyeong :letalQQ: (for dramatic impact purposes I think this is how it'll go).

Yes, I think JP is a lot more dependent on Halmoni than she is on him. And I feel like if she passes way, it'll be just before he can pay his debt, so he's going to feel real guilty :PiplupCry:

8 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Apart from the letters, I think one of the reasons why the JP-DM pairing is so loved is because there is tension between them when they meet on screen. It’s exciting – the speculative/admiring looks, the missed opportunities, the ‘hey don’t interrupt them!’

Whereas DS-DM, from the start, they show that they like each other – well DS really likes her, but DM likes him for the wrong reason. So it is less interesting. Because, without JP and our question why the writer is giving him so much backstory with DM if they are not meant to be together, to be honest, the DS-DM romance is pretty boring (ok bash me now lol).

I totally agree. I think it's the anticipation of when DM will find out than JP was the one looking out for her the whole time. And it's the whole tortured-one-sided-unspoken-love thing. Haha, I'm a sucker for that kind of tension in a drama, so the moment I sense it between any pairing in a drama...I will automatically gravitate towards that pairing :wow2:...It can't be helped! :laugh: I prefer that tension, all the secretive-helping and longing gazes than to things like gifting flowers or showing weddings in a drama. 

I do think this series is very good at making both the lead and second lead likeable though. I hate when dramas make the second lead likeable, but the first lead horrible (sometimes they're borderline abusive, but it's excused because they a traumatic childhood....and yet the female stills chooses the first lead.) At least DS is sweet and supportive of DM. And even though I love the second lead, I can see why they would pair DM up with DS - she doesn't need a rich guy to save her, she needs someone imperfect to grow alongside with. It really really sucks for JP, but I'm guessing the moral of the story is - it's ok to be vulnerable. That's how people connect with others, especially in love.

• Like 1
  • Heart Eyes 2

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days