Start-Up 스타트업 [2020]

Jane

FUN BET : Who will Dalmi end up with ?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Dalmi will end up with? Now think carefully as this is a bet. Winners can use a profile picture of their OTP. But LOSERS will have to use the face of DoSan's cousin , Nam Cheon Ho

• Do San
    • Ji Pyeong
    • No one
    • It doesn't matter to me ( specially for Mademoiselle :P)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2020 at 11:09 AM

START UP

Eg3x_vlUcAAgo-I?format=jpg&name=4096x409 

About The Show

Broadcast Station: tvN

Schedule: Saturday & Sunday, Time, 9pm KST, from 17 October 2020

Episodes: 16

Duration: 

Plot Synopsis

Set in a fictional South Korea's Silicon Valley, Start-Up follows the lives of two people in the world of start-up companies. Seo Dal-mi (Suzy) dreams of becoming Korea's Steve Jobs. Needing to raise the funds to turn her dreams into reality, she dropped out of university and currently works several part-time jobs. Nam Do-san (Nam Joo-hyuk) is the founder of Samsan Tech. A mathematics genius and the pride of his family, his company isn't doing as well as it seems.

Sources: Asian Wiki, My Drama List

• Like 9

CAST & CREW

xgvdf.jpg

Director - Oh Choon Hwan

Writer - Park Hye Ryun

Bae Suzy - Seo Dal-Mi

Nam Joo-hyuk - Nam Do-San

Kim Sun-ho - Han Ji-pyeong

Kang Han-na - Won In-jae

Kim Hae-sook - Dal-mi's grandmother

Kim Kang-hoon - Young Nam Do-san

Stephanie Lee

Seok Yi Sook

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Seo Dal-mi dreams of becoming Korea’s Steve Jobs. She may not have much but she has plans and dreams. She works in a wide range of part-time jobs and is a person of great vitality. 

Nam Do-san is the founder of Samsan Tech. A math genius, he was once the pride of his family, but for the past two years, he’s been going nowhere with his company’s investments. Seo Dal-mi remembers him as her ‘cool first love,’ and he decides to begin a start-up in the hope of turning Seo Dal-mi’s misunderstanding into reality.

Han Ji-pyeong is a team leader at SH Venture Capital, his astonishing investment skills and sharp tongue earn him the nickname, “the Gordan Ramsay of investments.” He began a start-up company to pay off his debt. Though he’s prickly to most others, he’s softer than anyone to one special person who granted him a great favor in the past.

Won In-jae has everything society respects: the educational background, beautiful appearance, and money. However, she considers her background as a second-generation chaebol a weakness and does everything she can to create her own success and be acknowledged for her skills rather than her family's background. She throws herself into the world of start-ups to stop being a disposable piece on her father’s chess board.

Source: Soompi

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 8

Consolidated all the teasers TVN has been dropping in the top post!

The visuals for this drama looks really good. And I really like the way that in the overhead shot of the 4 leads, Nam Joo-Hyuk and Suzy are looking at each other as they cross the floor. They are both wearing black too, while the second leads are in other colours. :SquirtleWonderfull:

Edited by wallflowersforjane
  • Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

On 9/13/2020 at 4:13 PM, wallflowersforjane said:

Consolidated all the teasers TVN has been dropping in the top post!

The visuals for this drama looks really good. And I really like the way that in the overhead shot of the 4 leads, Nam Joo-Hyuk and Suzy are looking at each other as they cross the floor. They are both wearing black too, while the second leads are in other colours. :SquirtleWonderfull:

Liking the posters for this drama too! Fan of Nam Joo Hyuk since Weightlifting Fairy days and it'd be nice to see him again since I haven't been interested in the last few projects he did. Also I like these 'strive for your dreams' type dramas :CharmanderYay:

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Currently watching: Doctor Slump // Queen of Tears // The Impossible Heir

Current Obsessions: ❤ Lee Jae wook // Park Hyung Sik // Yoon Park

Podcast: These Dramatic Days

6 minutes ago, JenL said:

Liking the posters for this drama too! Fan of Nam Joo Hyuk since Weightlifting Fairy days and it'd be nice to see him again since I haven't been interested in the last few projects he did. Also I like these 'strive for your dreams' type dramas :CharmanderYay:

I haven't watched any drama of his before so I am looking forward to check him out.. He's also in The School Nurse Files with Jung Yumi, and I have a thread going on that too. It looks really fun!

• Like 2
  • Heart Eyes 1

Article from 
https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/09/suzy-nam-joo-hyuk-showcase-their-chemistry-in-couple-poster-for-tvns-new-series-start-up

Suzy & Nam Joo Hyuk showcase their chemistry in couple poster for tvN's new series 'Start Up'

AKP STAFF

tvN's upcoming new Sat-Sun drama series 'Start Up' has released a couple-version poster of the female and male leads, Suzy and Nam Joo Hyuk!

Premiering this October 17 at 9 PM KST, 'Start Up' tells the stories of young professionals dreaming of success in the business area of start ups. Meanwhile, 'Start Up' previously teased viewers by hinting at actor Nam Joo Hyuk's shocking transformation into his character Nam Do San, the most generic "nerd" character of all classic dramas with all brains and zero people skills. 

Also starring Kim Sun HoKang Han Na, and more, tvN's 'Start Up' is coming your way in a little less than a month

mFYEV75.jpg
subbed teaser

Edited by abs-oluteM
  • Like 3
  • Party! 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

Love the colours too @JenL @wallflowersforjane...something happy about it.

Look at how cute NJH is with this hair ...stills from TVN. I read it will be on Netflix

EiQdRBRUcAE_Sl6?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

EiQdRBPUwAAMnJx?format=jpg&name=medium

Spoiler

EiQdRBRVoAIT66j?format=jpg&name=medium

Someone translated the interview

• Like 2

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: The Impossible Heir - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - In Blossom, Guess Who I Am

2 hours ago, abs-oluteM said:

Look at how cute NJH is with this hair ...stills from TVN. I read it will be on Netflix

Lol! What is this throwback messy hair and knitting! That's so unexpected. I like his modern hair definitely!

Wow, NJH having two projects on Netflix in such a short period of time. And yay this means cute Netflix cast promos!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1