The Point Men / Bargaining 교섭 [Movie Jan 18, 2023]

UPPndQ3.png

Hwang Jung-min, Hyun Bin's 'Negotiation' total production cost, scheduled to be released in the second half of the year

Jul 12, 2021

Total production cost of about 17 billion won

It is said that it is preparing to be released in the second half of 2021.. (Funding is also planned before the release.)

Personally, I think it will be released in the last week of September.

Source

logo-funderful.29454812.svg

qx0QffS.png

1nO1fIZ.png

mLqZrh1.png

qjVjE5z.png

E2dSNTb.png

nvwsX3k.png

1uwxWPz.png

Source

• Clapping Hands 1
  • 2 months later...

:heart::wow:

Hwang Jung Min talks about working with Hyun Bin on The Point Men.

@celest1al1

“…And after 20 years, I did a project called #Bargaining #ThePointMen #교섭. Now the movie is going to release after “The Hostage” (HJM’s upcoming movie). I filmed the movie with HB… and I loved it so so so much.”

“Looking forward to the HB & HJM collaboration”

He really said “너무” (so/very) 3 times.

Video Source: @d_d_dong22

Full video "Hwang Jung-min, 40 Films in 20 Years"

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dummy.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Kang Ki Young Becomes A Father

Nov 15, 2021 by M. Kang

Kang Ki Young has become a dad!

The actor’s agency Namoo Actors stated November 15, “Kang Ki Young has become the father of a son on November 12.”

Kang Ki Young got married to his long-term non-celebrity girlfriend in May 2019.

His previous projects include “King of High School,” “Oh My Ghost,” and “What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim.” His movie “Bargaining” will be premiering soon, and he is also confirmed to star in the Netflix original series “Weird Lawyer Woo Young Woo” (literal title).

Congratulations to the actor’s family!

Source

• Party! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to @bean82925 for highlighting the link:

https://theqoo.net/2309531121

Translated by Google so some parts are ??? But great to read some details of the movie and characters.

@abs-oluteM Please help to enter into movie directory for 2022. There's also "Bargaining" under the general directory - name should be changed to "The Point Men / Bargaining". Thanks!

Cine 21 Some of the negotiation director's intub

When a release date is set, we are preparing everything so that it can be released immediately at any time.

Negotiation is a film based on the sensitive true story of the 2007 Sammul Church missionary abduction in Afghanistan, and it does not take the narrative structure of a typical genre film in which villains, heroes, and innocent victims are accurately distinguished. It is a sensitive story where the new faces collide. 

I thought it would be interesting to focus this story on people who are responsible for the safety of the people, such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the National Intelligence Service.

Since this incident occurred in the process of militant missionary activities of the abductees, there were difficulties from the beginning of the story. Hyun Bin) I had to be able to follow the lines of the two main characters well. It was difficult and important to get an exquisite stance.

Jae-ho is a competent diplomat and a competent negotiator, while Dae-shik is an outsider who has been wandering around the Middle East.

Jae-ho has a logical and rational way of thinking, and Dae-shik is free to think and act.

The two characters sometimes clash in personalities and sometimes because of differences in the positions of the departments in which they work.

Hyunbin is personally close to Mr. Hwang Jung Min, but the two of them have never acted together. Perhaps because they have human trust in each other, I felt that kind of bond between the two of them in their two-shot.

Of course, in the play, they appear in a relationship where they are arguing with each other.

Even though it was not a typical blockbuster, it was an investment, good actors were attached, and talented staff participated.

Scenery and people in the movie may be unfamiliar, but you will find beauty in unfamiliar things and universal things in unusual things.

Religious extremism is the beginning of the story, but you can think of universal, common sense, and precious values in it.

The film focuses on the humanistic activities of the two main characters who try to somehow safely rescue abducted Koreans.

As an outsider, he wandered around the Middle East and was a glutton free to think and act. 

damn ^^

• Clapping Hands 1
On 1/5/2022 at 11:56 AM, Chocolate said:

I’ve been avoiding cinemas for the last 2 years. For Hyun Bin, I shall brave it! 😂

Will they be showing it where you are?

Dunno if they will show it in Msia. For me I did go see Spiderman recently. But yes generally trying not to go to cinemas , something I loved doing pre-covid.

Updated in the directory.

• Thanks 1

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Dec 20, 2021

Featured article on www.koreafilm.or.kr.

Welcome 2022, Big 5 are Returning

Look forward to Director Yim Soonrye’s Scale in The Point Men 

20211220171649e1d0f65d-de5b-422d-ad81-e52554e60234.jpg

Director Yim Soonrye has been to Jordan with Actors Hwang Jungmin and Hyun Bin. Based on the kidnapping of Koreans in Afghanistan in 2007, The Point Men depicts the story of a diplomat and an NIS agent who struggle hard to save 23 Koreans kidnapped by terrorists. Hwang Jungmin, the most beloved actor of Korean directors, plays the role of the diplomat, and Hyun Bin, who returned to the screen after a long time since the zombie historical drama Rampant (2018), plays the role of an NIS agent. Particularly, attention is focused on the fact that it is Yim Soonrye and Hwang Jungmin’s first new film in 20 years after Waikiki Brothers (2001).

In addition, The Point Men makes us look forward to Director Yim Soonrye's new challenge in many ways. She has been making delicate and warm humanistic films since her feature debut Three Friends (1996), Forever The Moment (2008), and her latest film Little Forest (2018). The Point Men, worth 20 billion won, is the largest-scaled film ever made by Director Yim. This is also the first time for her to shoot an overseas location. However, Director Yim Soonrye will never miss ‘humanism’ in Jordan's unfamiliar landscape.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tatler Asia

Meet Yim Soon-Rye, the Trailblazing Female Director of Korean Cinema

Words by JIANNE SORIANO | November 08, 2021

08154302-yim-soon-rye-cover_cover_1400x8
COVER Director Yim Soon-rye, one of South Korea’s most celebrated female directors

In this exclusive interview, leading South Korean director Yim Soon-rye talks to Tatler Front & Female about being a pioneer in the Korean film industry as one of its most celebrated female directors

One cannot talk about celebrated directors in South Korea without naming director Yim Soon-rye, one of the few leading female auteurs of the Korean New Wave cinema. With more than three decades in the movie industry, director Yim has created some of the most renowned films from Korean cinema.

Waikiki Brothers, Forever the Moment and Little Forest have been praised for their exploration of gender, family, nature, social class and cultural norms. When she made her directorial debut in 1996 with the movie, Three Friends, she was the only sixth woman filmmaker in the history of Korean cinema and was only one of the two female filmmakers during the year she debuted. Today, she remains a force and stands as one of the most prolific directors of her time—a standout in the still male-dominated Korean film industry.

Yim’s latest accolade is being named the 2021 director in focus for the Hong Kong Asian Film Festival. As it gets underway, Yim chats with us about being a pioneer in her field, how the film industry has changed (or not) over the years and what’s the most rewarding about being a director.

Link for Q&A

You’re more known for heartfelt stories and arthouse movies rather than big-budget movies. Has it ever been a challenge to focus on that rather than big-budget ones as a female filmmaker?

Since Forever the Moment was a commercially successful film at that time, I made didn’t really make low budget films anymore after that. The budget scale has always been similar to a medium project or a high budget movie. For example, the film that I am working on right now is called The Point Men which is poised as a blockbuster movie and has a very big budget. When I did the Whistle Blower in 2014, it was also a high-scale project. And after that, I made Little Forest which was relatively considered a low budget film, so it certainly fell from high budget to a low budget film again. But for me, I don’t find it particularly challenging because I don’t see budget as a limitation. I can always cope with budget issues. For me, what most what matters the most is the subject matter and story.

Source

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I started watching Extraordinary Lawyer Woo for Kang Ki Young, because he is in Point Men and I've never seen his work. Really enjoying EWA and KKY is likeable as a fair boss who sometimes gets bewildered by Park Eun Bin's character 😆 Looking forward to seeing him now in the movie, if it ever makes it to our screens 😭😅.

logo_b.png

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' brings actor Kang Ki Young into the limelight 14 years after his debut

xwjKPFW.jpg

ENA's popular drama series 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' brought actor Kang Ki Young into the limelight 14 years after his debut. 

'Extraordinary Attorney Woo', starring Park Eun Bin, Kang Tae Oh, Kang Ki Young, Joo Hyun Young, and more, tells the story of a genius attorney with an autism spectrum disorder. With the success of the drama series, actor Kang Ki Young has been gaining popularity, bringing him into the limelight 14 years after his debut. 

The viewers have been praising Kang Ki Young's performance in the series as the female lead's mentor. Many say his performance perfectly describes his character without being too dramatic or unrealistic. 

spacer.png

Meanwhile, Kang Ki Young debuted with a theater play back in 2009 and starred in a supporting role in various movies and drama series including 'What's Wrong with Secretary Kim?', 'Oh My Ghost', and 'Exit'. 

Source

Edited by Chocolate
  • Awesome 1