Yummylicious: A Foodie's Oasis 🍣🍨

V8rxvFi.jpg

Had a satisfyingly awesome meal at a restaurant? 🥙

Share with us!

Travel somewhere and discover some heavenly yummylicious street food or local delicacies? 🍢

Share with us!

Treated yourself to fine dining? 🦞

Share with us!

Tell us those A-M-A-Z-I-N-G gastronomical drool-worthy experience! 🦀

Show us pictures! 

📸

Describe it to us!

📝

Make us jelly and flood Jang Haven with our drools! 🌊

1HF7jxI.gif

Better yet, share the address so we could visit this wonderful place once COVID-19 is over!

If you cook/bake a dish, share the experience & recipes at the Recipes Thread ➡️ HERE!

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Like 3
  • Heart Eyes 11
  • Tasty 3

Recommended Eateries

by Havenites

Countries

🌏 Australia

🌏 Hong Kong

🌏 Japan

🌏 Malaysia

🌏 Singapore

South Korea

🌏 Thailand

Edited by mademoiselle
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Heart Eyes 4
  • Party! 1

Gyu no Chikara

牛の力

cy3eoacl.jpg?1

Since I started this, I shall go first.

Story: In 2016, my intention of going to Ueno was to purchase Japanese snacks. I did not immediately head to that place after arriving at Ueno station because I was distracted by, I think, 8-9 storey high of manga and anime figurines shop! It seems to be a norm to be easily distracted when walking on the steets of Japan. The underground floor had dedicated area for all of the Hayao Miyazaki's animation collections. O-M-G.

Oops...I digress. So we finally "finished" touring that figurine shop and decided we'll stop for lunch first. Gyu no Chikara was just conveniently located beside this figurine shop, which name I still do not know even after 2nd visit. I look at the display pictures and decided, yeah, it's good enough to try... what can go wrong in Japan? Little did I know it's actually quite a well-known eatery.

First time there, I had no idea what to order, I think the ticket machine indicated "Recommended" and it wasn't spicy (they had spicy ones too), so I ordered and sat down. It was lunch time so the place was rather busy and the restaurant is quite small. I was provided with hot green tea while I waited to be served.

Ingredients: As you can see the dish consisted of rice (underneath), onions, Japanese beef, osen egg, cut seaweed and *dem* *dem* *dem* butter!

Verdict: It was the MOST delicious beef on rice with osen egg I had ever had, ok, not that I had many. It looks so simple but so yummy. The addition of butter adds extra fragrance onto the dish as it melted and mixed into the dish and makes it creamy and rich. 🤤

Special instruction: The chef signal to me to mix them all up before eating.

Drool-worthiness: 🤤🤤🤤🤤

Address:

Ueno Tokyo, Japan

東京牛丼  Tokyo Gyu Don

Gyu no Chikara 牛の力

🗺️ 6 Chome-14-7 Ueno, Taito City, Tokyo 110-0005, Japan

☎: +81 3 3837 8869

IG: hKY4nnu.png

Imma isn't the only one praising this little beauty, check this out →  Gyu no Chikara review or go for a visual tour on You Tube

Other menu: Japanese curry with rice

Spoiler

0r6OVzE.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Heart Eyes 6
  • Party! 2
  • Tasty 3
1 hour ago, wallflowersforjane said:

OMG THIS THREAD IS PURE EVIL. I simultaneously hate and love you for it. @mademoisellesia 😂

Since I intend to stay / explore the Ueno area more the next time I can visit Tokyo again, this place is going on my list!

I have a few more gems! But I want to wait for some of you(s) to share yours. Otherwise it'd just be me yapping away. You are in SG, it's a food heaven there, I should be the one that hate you 😭. I so miss the Ginger & Spring Onions Sri Lankan crab I had there. I know Chilli crab is the dish to brag, but I can't take chilli so non-spicy will do.

P.S. I added an additional dish from that place in the spoiler tag. 😄

• Like 8
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 1

1 hour ago, mademoisellesia said:

I have a few more gems! But I want to wait for some of you(s) to share yours. Otherwise it'd just be me yapping away. You are in SG, it's a food heaven there, I should be the one that hate you 😭. I so miss the Ginger & Spring Onions Sri Lankan crab I had there. I know Chilli crab is the dish to brag, but I can't take chilli so non-spicy will do.

P.S. I added an additional dish from that place in the spoiler tag. 😄

Salivating !... I love the Sri Lanka crab,is hugh and taste good. 

• Like 7
  • Star Struck 1
  • Heart Eyes 2
  • Tasty 1

I'm cooking @eggcellent !

Indomie / Ramen Egg

Mix couple of eggs

Cook ramen / maggie mie

Add chilli, add small onions, chives

Mix the instant noodle seasoning

Mix all of them above 

Fried in a pan with oil

Add tomato / greens per your taste

Add fried shallot on top

20200824-233550.jpg

Not clear with my picture or with my instruction? Haha... See this link then... 

http://dooneyskitchen.com/indomielette/

Eh @mademoisellesia is this shd be under recipes? Haha sorry if so...

• Like 4
  • Star Struck 2
  • Heart Eyes 5
  • Tasty 2

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

6 hours ago, SilverMoonTea said:

Yeah... not so difficult... btw i just realized im on wrong thread sorry lols... its should be food fine dining or street food thread omg. Madem going to kill me haha...

LOL, no biggie, replace it with something else you want to recommend and move this one to the recipes thread. Post more you guys, I wanna drool! That dish looks delish!!! 🤤

• Like 5
  • Haha 6
F1060004

If you love cheese, you will love this! This is Grilled Pork Cheese Instant Noodles from a very dingy shop in Hong Kong. It sounds weird but melted cheese on instant noodles is one of the best things ever.  The pork meat is from the neck area and it is so tender. I highly highly recommend. Just don't be put off by the building you have to enter to find it.

Sun Kee Cheese Noodles

Champagne Court, Kimberley Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
尖沙咀金巴利道16-20號香檳大廈地下13-14號舖
Tel: +852 2722 4555
Opening Hours: 12pm – 1:30am (Mon – Sun)

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Tasty 6

Okie i had this at my friend newly open cafe the other day at my mom had the Ognlio Pasta and she love it cause my mom requested for extra spicy and the cook was happy to make it so for my mom....

i always love black pepper sauce...so i had a black pepper pork chop which tastes good for me.....

i cant take too much seafood / chicken right now....so my foods are always either vege / pork for now 😞 

its at

349-01-03 Jalan Jelutong Straits Garden Commercial
Penang Island, Malaysia

Oglio Pasta & Black Pepper Pork Chop @  De Chill House Cafe 樂苑.

105689824_10157413430320959_448159911824

• Like 4
  • Heart Eyes 1
  • Tasty 5

this is also one my favorite, u cook the food only when u want to eat....and they count the money base on the amount of sticks  you actually consumes in local we called

"lok lok" hahahaha

the usual place i went for this was either at Pulau Tikus Wet Market or ThongNam (air itam road sides stalls)  both sides will only start their business hours around 5.30pm onwards

107802331_10157474668625959_507143398863

• Like 5
  • Tasty 5
58 minutes ago, NiteWalker said:

this is also one my favorite, u cook the food only when u want to eat....and they count the money base on the amount of sticks  you actually consumes in local we called

"lok lok" hahahaha

the usual place i went for this was either at Pulau Tikus Wet Market or ThongNam (air itam road sides stalls)  both sides will only start their business hours around 5.30pm onwards

What is the price per stick ?

I know of a place in Pulau Tikus which sells good Laksa, but can't remember the shop name.

My last visit was like 2  years back ! 

Penang is food heaven, one can eat none stop from morning till nite, lots of new cafes which have varieties of

pastries and cakes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Tasty 1
1 hour ago, Thong Thin said:

What is the price per stick ?

I know of a place in Pulau Tikus which sells good Laksa, but can't remember the shop name.

My last visit was like 2  years back ! 

Penang is food heaven, one can eat none stop from morning till nite, lots of new cafes which have varieties of

pastries and cakes.

depends on the types of food u took.....scallops or others will definitely be like in between RM 2 to RM 3 per sticks....so its really depends on your pick ;) 

• Like 6

@Thong Thin How was the abalone? Taste fresh? Good? I have yet to try SK's abalone.

@NiteWalker It looks like hot pot. Is it a branch-out of traditional hot pot? Both posts look delish. Salivating... 🤤

Tagging @wallflowersforjane I know, I have :Sin: but I must share these beauties, need to have a 🤤 partner too. The cheese noodles, would it become too rich due to the cheese after some time?

• Like 5
  • Tasty 1
3 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@NiteWalker It looks like hot pot. Is it a branch-out of traditional hot pot? Both posts look delish. Salivating... 🤤

hahaha..well almost.....just that it is alot easier....just dip the whole thing into the boiling water and also the main attraction of this thing is the sauces they prepare at the sides for you to apply to the food after cooking it in the boiling water :) 

3 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

Tagging @wallflowersforjane I know, I have  but I must share these beauties, need to have a partner too. The cheese noodles, would it become too rich due to the cheese after some time?

ooooo cheese noodles hahahaha....u need to take it while it is still warm....

if not it will become too cheesy and milky, well that is for me..... :) 

• Like 6
26 minutes ago, mademoisellesia said:

@Thong Thin How was the abalone? Taste fresh? Good? I have yet to try SK's abalone.

Tagging @wallflowersforjane I know, I have :Sin: but I must share these beauties, need to have a 🤤 partner too. The cheese noodles, would it become too rich due to the cheese after some time?

Yes, is my first time trying and did not expect to be that good.

Is not pricy as well, cost around RM 280+ 

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Party! 1
  • Tasty 1