Yummylicious: A Foodie's Oasis 🍣🍨

11 hours ago, Thong Thin said:

@NiteWalker I love the stuff crab.

My late mum used to make and stuff in lots of water chest nut, crab meat & carrot.

ooo.....i love seafood however recently im going thru a phase of allergies so i had to cut down my seafood intake :( 

On 8/26/2020 at 4:08 PM, Thong Thin said:

Blue pea rice with fish fillet with oyster sauce.

Had this at one of the night market stall.

OOOO blue rice hahahaha totally love it....

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Myeongdong Kyoja

명동교자

7QIQTNT.jpg

Spoiler

ZfKII7P.jpgD8LRBgx.jpg

My favourite and best mandu (dumplings) I've ever had that was not home-made! It was heaven to my palate. :OOF:

The kind of garlic chives dumplings with really strong flavour of sesame oil I really like. The skin is really thin with a lot of fillings inside. Just the way it should be unlike other country that tries to cut down the expensive ingredients and serve you super thick skin, almost to none garlic chives and meat.

The restaurant is always packed (because it is Myeongdong). It's actually easier to get a seat if you're travelling alone. They serve you with super spicy kimchi, I even see the Korean ahjumma dip the kimchi in water to wash away the chilli :lol:. I had it twice and if I ever had a chance to go back, it'd be the first place I visit.

It was summer at the time, I wanted to try their cold soya milk noodle, but after 10 pieces of these delish dumplings, I was full. Hopefully next time, I could have a bit of everything.

Drool-worthiness: 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Address:

Myeongdong, South Korea

Myeongdong Kyoja

🗺️ 29 Myeongdong 10-gil, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea

☎: +82 2 776 5348

Edited by mademoisellesia
  • Insightful 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Clapping Hands 1
  • Tasty 3

Once a year I would make a shopping pilgrimage :laugh: ( kkkk , not exactly a spiritual one ) to Bangkok for a girls' weekend . Shop, eat , massage and repeat is usually our agenda over 48 hours of uninterrupted money spending blitz. 

This year we managed to try out the famous Michelin starred Jay O. This no fancy place what with its plastic chairs and steel tables , and where patrons have to be prepared to be eating on the curb because the lines are just that crazy. 

https://guide.michelin.com/en/bangkok-region/bangkok/restaurant/jay-oh

But it was worth it 

We had these -

this salmon dish ( supposed to be done sashimi style, but one of my friends is not into raw stuff , and they were kind enough to cook it for us)  - the sauce was so good and appetizing.  Spicy and tangy

n6v953n.jpg

And this delicious roast pork

6vdWhyl.jpg

Tip : we got a good deal via Klook , pre-buying on Klook ensures that you get to eat and don't have to line-up!

Jay Oh

113 Soi Charat Mueang, Bangkok, 10330, Thailand

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Tasty 4

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  -  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - 

Soto Daging

BPsaodFl.jpg

Soto means soup in Indonesian. There are many varieties of soto (e.g. with beef or chicken). My favourite is Soto Daging (beef soup). Reason being the spices used in cooking the beef bones, making the soup filled with fragrants. I like mine strong with the beef and spices. Sprinkled with some pepper, shallots and spring onions—it is simply de-li-cious and mouth watering!

Personal preference is eating with vermicelli only. Other option is with egg noodles or you can have the "kahwin / married" version which is egg noodles and vermicelli together.

This dish is readily available in South East Asia.

Drool-worthiness: 🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

• Haha 1
  • Tasty 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Negishi

ねぎし

Gyutan / Tororo / Oxtail Soup / Mugi-meshi

CeCqtXq.jpg

Spoiler

Ox Tongue:

CzZDKiG.jpg

Grated Yam:

doGhN2l.jpg

There are a lot of branches of Negishi in Tokyo. I went to one of the Shinjuku's branches and had a very good meal. The set dinner meal consisted of: Ox tongue, grated yams, oxtail soup, pickled vegetables and rice cooked with barley. It's the first time I have grated yams and I had no idea how to eat it. It was a good experience and the meal was all-so-yummy.

Read more about each dishes → Introduction of the dishes

Address:

Various locations, Japan

(Location in above links)

• Like 2
  • Tasty 2
  • 3 weeks later...