Yummylicious: A Foodie's Oasis 🍣🍨

10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I went to sleep with growling stomach couple of weeks ago. I stayed up and it was just too late to be eating anything so I slept away. Eventually that feeling stop anyway after you fell asleep. I even woke up not feeling hunger. But right now, I feel like eating something coz I had an unsatisfactory dinner (leftovers - didn't taste good anymore).

hahaha same here!!! happens from time to time, not a nice dinner but you force yourself to try eat some anyway. But then a few hours later you want food, but get lazy to find any food and then try sleep it off. Next day you wake up youre not hungry but the moment you get a smell of any food, you become desperate for food and then you plan to have a big delicious unhealthy meal in the morning. LOL.

:laugh:

• Like 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

-- Currently watching: {not watching anything at the moment} --

• 4 weeks later...

I want a new phone so i can take nicer food photos....and some skill too....LMFAO (current nugget is a Galaxy Note 9)

ANYWAY........Tonights feast....Philippe - French Cuisine.

French seems to be one of my more picked go-to's. Bon Appetit ~

Spoiler

important one.....i tried to pick one out and do the 'hang of fork' shot but failed. LOL. just have to use your imagination here.

Burgundy snails cocotte, garlic & parsley butter

TdEtKJu.jpg

Wagyu beef tartare 80g, with Jerusalem artichoke chips

jUM9FH4.jpg

Tom Cooper’s artisan smoked salmon, baby cos and potato salad, blinis

6WWn9x0.jpg

Wild barramundi fillet, celery & risoni pasta, port reduction

odOMlR7.jpg

Dry aged “Mila’s farm” duck rôtisserie, turnips, blood orange sauce

8LDJ8hW.jpg

Mont-blancChestnut, mascarpone cream, mandarin

G3ovqQq.jpg

Crème brûlée - Organic New Guinea vanilla bean, crispy gavotte

p4sD4pY.jpg

• Tasty 1

-- Survives on Bubble Milk Tea, Burgers, Fries, Chicken Nuggets and Fried Chicken --

@TRaNz :SquirtleWonderfull::SquirtleNiceAhah:

No escargot (in its shell version)? But the corquette has snail in it...?

What's "hang of fork" shot? I Google and it only gave me the use a fork to hang a picture LOL.

Also, how did you have such good lightings ALL the time? Some restaurants are super duper dark and that's when all my food pics become a huge challenge and I am too shy to use flash as it would disturb/draw attention from the other customers.

Did you have the duck or fish? How was the duck's flavour? I had a good duck dish at Sepia and a bad one from Dinner by Heston. So it's 50/50 for Western-style duck dishes.

• Thanks 1

@mademoiselle 

Nah, not at Philippe. Philippe has always served its escargot with no shell but in that circular hot plate. Its hard to see but theres 6 scooped out sections on the hot plate and in there is the escargot and lots of the sauce all ontop.

French brasserie is the only place I know of so far that server escargot in its shell. (does feel and taste a bit better too) BUT saying that, the escargot is still amazzzzzinnnngggg here.

So the "hang off fork" shot (soz for typo earlier)

Its like you have the food picked up and on the end of the fork, but you put the fork down with the handle end on the table and the fork end with the food angled up resting on the plate with the rest of the dish in the background. LMFAO.

My photos, theyre always dark and I never win with lighting any place I go due to the ambient lighting. So my aim is take the photo that grabs all the good side of the food and make sure its focused and clear. no blurry shots.

At the end of the nite ill out up an app (currently use cyberlink PhotoDirector) and Ill do some post processing to correct the white balance, exposure and fill light and THEN the 'curve' just to give it more lightness and vivid colors.

Never ever use flash or get friends to use their flashlight function to give light. it will blow out the colors when the camera is used.

Heres some of the above pics un edited. Its not too bad, but to me it definitely could use more brightness and white balance correction since the lighting in there has a tinge of warm yellow.

Spoiler

yGt095P.jpg

8u5t39k.jpg

E3ZowCh.jpg

I had the duck confit...again...haha I love it, almost most french places I go to, Duck is always ordered. I mean I do try other items at other times, but the Duck done by Philippe.....can never fault it. Its just cook so perfectly to me, the texture is just right along with the skin so you dont struggle to chew it and it taste like duck thats not an overpowered duck taste. The sauce, the little extra garnishes even the mandarin pieces all work together well!

The fish i tasted first time from my friend and that was amazing. Like im not someone who goes out to nice restaurants and orders fish, but this..the skin was crispy, not hard where you actually have to put effort in to bite, but just crispy enough to feel the right amount of crunch, then the rest of the fish was so soft, could literally feel it falling apart into smaller pieces as your mouth closed and the tongue is worked with the chewing motions. LMFAO I thought it was soo good. Sometimes fish can feel dry and have a fishy aroma/taste lingering....not here though.

At Philippe I always recommend the Duck Confit and the Chicken for newcomers, they're the key signature dishes Philippe has had at his restaurants for the 7-8 years I've followed him around in Melbourne. haha. 

On a side note...I had McDonalds for lunch...nah no pics of that. LOL

• Insightful 1

@TRaNz You've done a fantastic job editing the photos. I've been in such bad lighting ones with just candles as source of light, it was impossible to get good shots even after processing (or I just suck using photo editors).

I'll take note that to perhaps try duck when I visit Philippe. Agree, I rarely would go for fish or even chicken if I'm doing fine dining (unless it's part of degustation).

Ooooh they have bitter chocolate fondant... that's interesting, I wonder how bitter. LOL

• Thanks 1

@mademoiselle aww Thankss, I try...hehe :smile:

Yeah when they give just one candle and the restaurant is like really low on light....Thats where post processing comes handy, just gotta make sure when you take the shot, its focused with no blur, then fix afterwards. :SquirtleSquadCool:

Maybe try out some different photo apps if youre bothered in your spare time. 

Yeah i was gonna order that as a 3rd dessert but my friend wasnt too keen on desserts so didnt wat to overdo it. Normally I just order 3-4 desserts if thats all they offer and my plus one is keen for dessert. hahahaha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

@TRaNz For your dining reference. 

√ - I've gone and it's not many!

Good Food Guide Awards

Three hats

Spoiler

NEW SOUTH WALES

• Quay
  • Sixpenny

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• Orana

VICTORIA

• Attica
  • Brae
  • Minamishima

Two hats

Spoiler

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY

• Aubergine

NEW SOUTH WALES

• Aria
  • Automata
  • Bennelong
  • Bentley Restaurant and Bar
  • Bert's Bar and Brasserie
  • Biota
  • Est.
  • Ester
  • Firedoor
  • Fleet
  • Fred's
  • Icebergs Dining Room and Bar
  • Lucio's
  • LuMi Dining
  • Momofuku Seiobo
  • Monopole
  • Mr. Wong
  • Muse Restaurant
  • Ormeggio at the Spit
  • Pilu at Freshwater
  • Porteno
  • Rockpool Bar and Grill
  • Tetsuya's
  • Yellow

QUEENSLAND

• Joy
  • Otto
  • Stokehouse Q
  • Wasabi

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• Hentley Farm
  • Magill Estate

TASMANIA

• Fico
  • Franklin

VICTORIA 

• Amaru
  • The Chef's Table at Kisume
  • Cutler and Co.
  • Di Stasio Citta
  • Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
  • Flower Drum
  • Grossi Florentino Upstairs
  • Ides
  • Igni
  • Iki Jime
  • Ishizuka
  • Lake House
  • Laura
  • O.My
  • Paringa Estate
  • Provenance
  • Rosetta Ristorante
  • Vue de Monde
  • Wickens at Royal Mail Hotel

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

• Cullen Estate
  • Millbrook
  • Wills Domain

One hat

Spoiler

AUSTRALIAN CAPITAL TERRITORY

• Bar Rochford
  • Chairman and Yip
  • Courgette
  • Italian and Sons
  • Morks
  • Ottoman Cuisine
  • Pilot
  • Temporada
  • XO

NEW SOUTH WALES

• 10 William St
  • Alberto's Lounge
  • The Apollo 
  • Arthur
  • Bacco Osteria
  • The Bathers' Pavilion 
  • Bea
  • Bennelong Cured and Cultured
  • Bistecca
  • Buon Ricordo
  • Catalina
  • Cho Cho San
  • Cirrus
  • Continental Deli Bar and Bistro
  • Cottage Point Inn
  • The Dolphin Hotel
  • Don Peppino's
  • Felix
  • Fratelli Paradiso
  • Gaku Robata Grill
  • The Gantry
  • Glass Brasserie
  • Hotel Centennial
  • Hubert
  • Jonah's
  • Kepos and Co
  • Lankan Filling Station
  • LP's Quality Meats
  • Ms.G's
  • Nomad
  • One Penny Red
  • Otto
  • Queen Chow
  • The Restaurant Pendolino
  • Rising Sun Workshop
  • Rosetta
  • Sagra
  • Saint Peter
  • Sake Restaurant and Bar
  • Sean's Panaroma
  • Sokyo
  • Spice Temple
  • Sushi e
  • Uccello
  • Yan

NEW SOUTH WALES

• The Argyle Inn
  • Bistro Molines
  • Caveau
  • Clementine
  • Lolli Redini
  • Margan Restaurant
  • Muse Kitchen
  • Paper Daisy
  • Pipit
  • The Stunned Mullet
  • Subo

NORTHERN TERRITORY

• Hanuman

QUEENSLAND

• 1889 Enoteca
  • Arc Dining
  • Blackbird Bar and Grill
  • Donna Chang
  • E'cco Bistro
  • Gauge
  • Gerard's Bistro
  • Golden Pig
  • GOMA Restaurant
  • Greca
  • Hellenika
  • Homage
  • Honto
  • Labart
  • Little Valley
  • The Long Apron
  • Montrachet
  • Nu Nu
  • Restaurant Dan Arnold
  • Rick Shores
  • Rickys
  • Spirit House
  • Sum Yung Guys
  • Tartufo
  • The Fish House
  • The Wolfe
  • Spirit House
  • Sum Yung Guys
  • The Tamarind

SOUTH AUSTRALIA

• Africola
  • Botanic Gardens Restaurant
  • The Currant Shed
  • D'Arenberg Cube Restaurant
  • FermentAsian
  • Fino
  • Herringbone
  • Osteria Oggi
  • Salopian Inn
  • Shobosho
  • Stone's Throw
  • The Summertown Aristologist

TASMANIA

• The Agrarian Kitchen Eatery
  • Black Cow Bistro
  • Stillwater
  • Templo

VICTORIA 

• Agostino
  • Anchovy
  • Atlas Dining
  • Bacash
  • Bar Carolina
  • Bar Liberty
  • Bar Lourinha
  • Bistro Guillaume
  • Cafe Di Stasio
  • Cape
  • Captain Moonlite
  • Carlton Wine Room
  • Caterina's Cucina e Bar
  • Cecconi's Flinders Lane
  • Centonove
  • Coda
  • Congress
  • Cumulus Inc.
  • Da Noi
  • Doot Doot Doot
  • Donovans
  • Elyros
  • Embla
  • Estelle
  • Etta
  • Ezard
  • Ezard at Levantine Hill
  • French Saloon
  • Greasy Zoes
  • Harley and Rose
  • Hogget Kitchen
  • Il Bacaro
  • Ipsos
  • Kazuki's
  • Lee Ho Fook
  • Lesa
  • Maha
  • Marion
  • Matilda 159 Domain
  • Midnight Starling
  • Montalto
  • MoVida
  • Napier Quarter
  • Navi
  • Noir
  • Oakridge
  • Osteria Ilaria
  • Philippe
  • Pt. Leo Restaurant
  • Rare Hare
  • The Recreation
  • Rockpool Bar and Grill
  • Ryne
  • Sardine Eatery and Bar
  • Saxe
  • Scopri
  • Stefano's
  • Stokehouse
  • Source Dining
  • Sunda
  • Supernormal
  • TarraWarra Estate
  • Terrace Restaurant
  • Tempura Hajime
  • Tipo 00
  • Tonka
  • Tulip
  • Tulum
  • Underbar

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

• Amelia Park
  • Arimia
  • Balthazar
  • Bread in Common
  • Garum
  • The Heritage Wine Bar
  • Island Market
  • Lalla Rookh
  • Le Rebelle
  • Liberte
  • Long Chim
  • Lulu La Delizia
  • Madalena's
  • Manuka Woodfire Kitchen
  • Propeller
  • Rockpool Bar and Grill
  • Vasse Felix
  • Wildflower
  • Yarri
  • Young George
  • Insightful 1

@mademoiselle I havent ever been anywhere nice interstate. All my food adventures lie in Victoria. LOL.

So my break down, im just gonna list the places i've been to.

Spoiler

3 Hats

- Attica

- Minimashima

2 Hats

Dinner by Heston Blumenthal

- Rosetta Ristorante

1 Hat

- Bistro Guillaume

- Cecconi's Flinders Lane

- Coda 

Cumulus Inc

- Ezard

- Lee Ho Fook

- Maha

- MoVida

- Osteria Ilaria

- Philippe

- Rockpool Bar and Grill

- Supernormal

- Tipo 00

Edited by TRaNz
  • Like 1

@TRaNz

It's more than where I've been lol!

I've Ishizuka, Ryne, Phillippe and The French Braisseire on my top to go list. Hopefully I will cross out 2 out of them this year.

I manage to get in to Society (lunch). If it is good, will definitely let you know! 😊 I'm so looking forward to it! Fingers crossed Covid don't ruin it!

What is your verdict on these ones?

- Rosetta Ristorante     

- Bistro Guillaume 

- Cecconi's Flinders Lane 

- Ezard 

- Lee Ho Fook 

- Maha 

- MoVida 

- Osteria Ilaria 

- Supernormal 

- Tipo 00

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, mademoiselle said:

I manage to get in to Society (lunch). If it is good, will definitely let you know! 😊 I'm so looking forward to it! Fingers crossed Covid don't ruin it!

mygod...i looked on Monday when it went up for booking..soo crap...for 3 weeks the only times available was midday lunch...what the heck man... HAHAHAHA looked towards September and there was 6pm slots but they were mon-weds...i cbf so i closed the window gave up. hahahaha

Hope it is good when you go. Ill go when it quietens down.

- Rosetta Ristorante     

High end italian, pretty interior and décor, food is high quality, but so is price tag. Go at least once, its a nice night out for dinner with your friends or partner.

- Bistro Guillaume 

3rd fav place for french. Food is great, very close to French Brasserie and Philippe. Only reason why I dont go here often compared to the other 2 is because its at Crown, takes forever to walk from parking (LOL) and its very ambient inside (dark) so sucks for photos. hahaha. Would rather you got the other 2 French places before u go here.

- Cecconi's Flinders Lane 

Was alright, nothing over the top. This place is more of your plan B's where if you want Italian food but dont want to break the bank. a bit more causal.

- Ezard 

very high end fine dining. Would love to go again but high price tag means I cant find someone to go with me. LOL. The waiters dress more nicer than customers. HAHAHAHA food was incredible, interior minimalistic and spacious. Not noisy. A must go if you have the money for it

- Lee Ho Fook 

Was alright, food is a bit like asian fusion. So can be a hit or miss because we are asian, LOL. upstairs location, roomy per table and also ambient. Set this one as a plan B.

- Maha 

Loved it, met Shane Delia that nite too, he was floating around which was cool. Middle eastern food on point, very filling. Tables can be a bit close, but covid should have spaced them apart. Also quiet ambient inside so pics will be tricky. But a must go.

- MoVida 

This one...was meh...plan B, nothing special or crazy yummy with the food.

- Osteria Ilaria 

Ambient yes, but food was amazing. been a few times and waiting to go again. hahaha. not overly expensive either. This place is a must.

- Supernormal 

Was alright, again asian fusion can be a hit or miss for us asians. I wouldnt put it as a plan B, but do go for experience as you may find it intriguing with their menu.

- Tipo 00

sort of but not really ambient. its next door to Osteria Ilaria, same owners or something. Amazing Italian food. I do rate. Booking can get hard sometimes, just really popular. This place is a must just like Osteria Ilaria. I mean they are next door so you got 2 options if one is booked out when u wanna go hahaha

• Insightful 1
  • Tasty 1

• 3 weeks later...

BinJin went teppanyaki! The restaurant and food looks great! Going to visit next time in S Korea.

open.hm
Hyunbin and Son Yejin came to see us.
I'm a big fan of both of you. It's an honor. 👍
They said they'll come again if the menu changes during the fall season ☺.
This is No. 1 Korean teppanyaki dining by Kim Il-pan, "ILPAN" @ilpan.dinning. 🔥
2F Cheongdam Square "B-Wing" 420 Dosan-daero, Gangnam-gu, Seoul
Reservation. Inquiry: 02.6207.0329

h3un2Za.jpg

Spoiler

AIhsHnK.jpg

bpplJ2Q.jpg

2FGDFeZ.jpg

GZh50ZC.jpg

Fyt2dec.jpg

pFYHC4V.jpg

gGZiDA2.jpg

1mx3N4Q.jpg

8z3Bgnu.jpg

Edited by Chocolate
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Tasty 1
1 minute ago, Chocolate said:

Haha @SilverMoonTea I feel so bad teasing you about your recommendations. In lieu of a meal, can I get you a batch? Although you're richer than me! 

Haha don't be sorry? I felt kind of proud? Bwahahahaha... I should stick as pen seller, but I love drama selling too, and my partner in crime @Tofuwill continue with our life calling, so beware! 

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

@Chocolate She’s the richest person in this land . Tell you something funny.  She won’t even spend to buy the chaebol special badges that was made specifically for her ! 🤣🤣 . She was the one who ask to put up the badge for her ship . 

@SilverMoonTea are you waiting for a discount? I don’t know if @stroppyse will discount them 

• Haha 6

Mon-Tues: Nothing Uncovered  Wed-Thurs: Blood Free - Fri-Sat:  Chief Detective 1958  Sat-Sun: Queen of Tears C-drama: - Will Love In Spring

6 minutes ago, abs-oluteM said:

@Chocolate She’s the richest person in this land . Tell you something funny.  She won’t even spend to buy the chaebol special badges that was made specifically for her ! 🤣🤣 . She was the one who ask to put up the badge for her ship . 

@SilverMoonTea are you waiting for a discount? I don’t know if @stroppyse will discount them 

Yeah maybe when stroppy felt generous got discount? Hahaha... I'll rushing to purchase if it will get terminated. But for now I'm waiting for interest paid day lols

• Haha 6

ezgif-com-gif-maker-47.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...